GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 78 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,388
Posts1,059,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #817014
12/04/14 09:02 AM
12/04/14 09:02 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Whatever else did or didn't happen in Ferguson, everyone acknowledges that Michael Brown attempted to take Officer Wilson's gun from him. That was a potentially life-threatening situation for Wilson.

Eric Garner posed no mortal threat to the four officers who confronted him. He wasn't armed and didn't reach for anyone's gun. The four officers could have restrained him and cuffed him without one of them applying a choke hold that was banned by NYPD regulations years ago.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Turnbull] #817025
12/04/14 10:38 AM
12/04/14 10:38 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Whatever else did or didn't happen in Ferguson, everyone acknowledges that Michael Brown attempted to take Officer Wilson's gun from him. That was a potentially life-threatening situation for Wilson.

Eric Garner posed no mortal threat to the four officers who confronted him. He wasn't armed and didn't reach for anyone's gun. The four officers could have restrained him and cuffed him without one of them applying a choke hold that was banned by NYPD regulations years ago.

^^ THIS!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Turnbull] #817052
12/04/14 11:52 AM
12/04/14 11:52 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

That's right and the grand Jury doesn't find that they have to go to trial? That's crazy maybe their is something wrong with the grand jury system.

only the unloved hate
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817054
12/04/14 12:35 PM
12/04/14 12:35 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
There are Board members who remember Dennis Miller from SNL. It was a while ago that he became a high profile conservative. He has a noon radio show and tours with Bill O'Reilly. However, on his show this date, he expressed significant reservations about police actions in this case. So did Shephard Smith on his Fox Network afternoon show.

When Miller expresses doubt about the propriety of police behavior, then you know that there's doubt aplenty.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817068
12/04/14 02:26 PM
12/04/14 02:26 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Even bill O' Reilly said he was shocked about no indictment. He also said the officer should have loosened his grip on the guy. The guy was clearly subdued and he said he couldnt breath. The cop was wrong on so many levels. They just gave Sharpton a blank check.

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Footreads] #817078
12/04/14 03:33 PM
12/04/14 03:33 PM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
The real criminals are the dirt bags who taxed cigs to the point that they run 12 bucks a pack. They're just begging for a huge black market. The cops need to choke some of these politician crooks

I think it is worth getting into the hijacking cig truck business. But that would be federal who cares. You get someone to do it. They bring it to a safe house. Kill the guys that hijacked the truck. Hire someone to bring it to a third party to sell it all. Then when the guy come back with the money. Kill him and you made a lot of money and the trail ends with them.

Sounds like a plan. Time to live out my goodfellas fantasy

Make that coffee to go
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817085
12/04/14 04:09 PM
12/04/14 04:09 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
When I first moved to Brooklyn my neighbor Nick was a real street guy. We hit it off right away. He introduced to another guy Sebastian we called him Sonny. Another street guy.

Nick comes up with a plan to rob an Armoured car that made pick ups at Kings Plaza. They would go up the East 55 street ramp and stop where they made deliveries. It was an isolated area. Perfect place to rob them just before they got into the truck.

They wanted me to join them. I liked them both so I told them I would love to but no. They asked me why. I told them I would but I would never trust them I have not known them well enough. They pressed me so I told them that they would not want me for a partner. Then I told them why.

So I did not participate. Every time I pass kings plaza I see the armoured car making pickups. But now they park right on Ave U near the hot dog stand smile

only the unloved hate
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Footreads] #817091
12/04/14 04:30 PM
12/04/14 04:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It's 7:30, Richie. Meds time, buddy. Don't forget your meds smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817096
12/04/14 04:36 PM
12/04/14 04:36 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
I think this officer got caught up in the excitement and used poor judgment. For selling loose cigarettes, this man shouldn't have been thrown to the ground even if he did resist a little.
I don't see this as a racial thing. There was a black female police Sergeant overseeing this whole incident. I am sorry to see Obama throwing all police under the bus on these cases after he relied so heavily on the police unions to help get him elected. In theFerguso case I am completely on the side of the officer.

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: bigboy] #817098
12/04/14 04:46 PM
12/04/14 04:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bigboy
I think this officer got caught up in the excitement and used poor judgment. For selling loose cigarettes, this man shouldn't have been thrown to the ground even if he did resist a little.
I don't see this as a racial thing. There was a black female police Sergeant overseeing this whole incident. I am sorry to see Obama throwing all police under the bus on these cases after he relied so heavily on the police unions to help get him elected. In theFerguso case I am completely on the side of the officer.

That's what has me upset. The cop clearly didn't have to choke the guy. But it wasn't murder. Involuntary manslaughter at best. But that's not the point. This piece of shit de Blasio threw the department under the bus here. And I don't even like most cops. But what's right is right. A Mayor is supposed to stand by his troops.

Now if they voted to indict this guy, that's an entirely different story. But they didn't. They voted no true bill in the most liberal big city in America. It couldn't have been an easy decision, but it should have ended there. But not with this Mayor. Or this President. Or this attorney general. That Al fucking Sharpton has all three of these assholes on speed dial speaks volumes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: pizzaboy] #817108
12/04/14 05:53 PM
12/04/14 05:53 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I love these

When Interpol?
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: cheech] #817133
12/04/14 07:40 PM
12/04/14 07:40 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cheech

I love these

Meds, or Richie's opium dreams?

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817136
12/04/14 07:44 PM
12/04/14 07:44 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
So, we have Dennis Miller, O'Reilly, Shephard Smith, and Charles Krauthammer all pointing fingers at the police in this case. Now we add to that conservative chorus none other than Michael Savage. How the worm has turned!

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817205
12/05/14 09:55 AM
12/05/14 09:55 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I have no sympathy for Michael Brown or his family but this Eric Garner dude seemed like good people.

Pantaleo should pay for killing that man.

Wilson = self defence.
Pantaleo = thuggery hiding behind a badge.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817210
12/05/14 10:21 AM
12/05/14 10:21 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Above I cited several high profile conservatives who have criticized the police for their actions prior to and at the time of Eric Garner's death. However, I neglected to cite Senator Rand Paul's statement which, in part, was that "I don't think it's justified what the police did ..."

It's probably been the first time since 9/11 that I've witnessed such a mix of persons with differing ideologies engaged in essentially the same line of criticism.

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: olivant] #817216
12/05/14 10:45 AM
12/05/14 10:45 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant
It's probably been the first time since 9/11 that I've witnessed such a mix of persons with differing ideologies engaged in essentially the same line of criticism.

I agree. But let's hope the conservatives stand by their position on this. Unlike the Lefties who were waving the flag in the days following 9/11, yet have since turned their backs on this country. And that includes the mutt who's sitting in the White House right now (if he's not playing golf, that is).

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: pizzaboy] #817234
12/05/14 01:04 PM
12/05/14 01:04 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cheech

I love these

Meds, or Richie's opium dreams?

both

When Interpol?
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #817243
12/05/14 02:13 PM
12/05/14 02:13 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I have no sympathy for Michael Brown or his family but this Eric Garner dude seemed like good people.

Pantaleo should pay for killing that man.

Wilson = self defence.
Pantaleo = thuggery hiding behind a badge.

Moe, Garner seeming like "good People" is a bit of a stretch, no?. I agree this was a tragic death but, supposedly the stores on that block had been complaing about Garner and others who were selling cigarrettes outside their stores. Have you read this:

11 Facts About the Eric Garner Case the Media Won't Tell You
Thursday, 04 Dec 2014 11:54 AM
By Jim Meyers

Get Link | Email Article | Comment | Contact | Print | A A

inShare
Sources in the mainstream media expressed outrage after a grand jury declined to indict a New York City policeman in the death of Eric Garner, but there are 11 significant facts that many of them have chosen to overlook:

Vote Here: Does Racism Play a Role In How Cops Act On The Job? Vote In Urgent Poll

1. There is no doubt that Garner was resisting an arrest for illegally selling untaxed cigarettes. Former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik put it succinctly: "You cannot resist arrest. If Eric Garner did not resist arrest, the outcome of this case would have been very different," he told Newsmax. "He wouldn't be dead today.

"Regardless of what the arrest was for, the officers don't have the ability to say, 'Well, this is a minor arrest, so we're just going to ignore you.'"

2. The video of the July 17 incident clearly shows Garner, an African-American, swatting away the arms of a white officer seeking to take him into custody, telling him: "Don't touch me!"

3. Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny.

4. At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.

5. The chokehold that Patrolman Daniel Pantaleo put on Garner was reported to have contributed to his death. But Garner, who was 6-foot-3 and weighed 350 pounds, suffered from a number of health problems, including heart disease, severe asthma, diabetes, obesity, and sleep apnea. Pantaleo's attorney and police union officials argued that Garner's poor health was the main cause of his death.

6. Garner did not die at the scene of the confrontation. He suffered cardiac arrest in the ambulance taking him to the hospital and was pronounced dead about an hour later.

7. Much has been made of the fact that the use of chokeholds by police is prohibited in New York City. But officers reportedly still use them. Between 2009 and mid-2014, the Civilian Complaint Review Board received 1,128 chokehold allegations.

Patrick Lynch, president of the New York City Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, said: "It was clear that the officer's intention was to do nothing more than take Mr. Garner into custody as instructed, and that he used the takedown technique that he learned in the academy when Mr. Garner refused."

8. The grand jury began hearing the case on Sept. 29 and did not reach a decision until Wednesday, so there is much testimony that was presented that has not been made public.

9. The 23-member grand jury included nine non-white jurors.

10. In order to find Officer Pantaleo criminally negligent, the grand jury would have had to determine that he knew there was a "substantial risk" that Garner would have died due to the takedown.

11. Less than a month after Garner's death, Ramsey Orta, who shot the much-viewed videotape of the encounter, was indicted on weapons charges. Police alleged that Orta had slipped a .25-caliber handgun into a teenage accomplice's waistband outside a New York hotel.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/eric-garner-chokehold-grand-jury-police/2014/12/04/id/611058/

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817248
12/05/14 03:29 PM
12/05/14 03:29 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
beanshooter, it will be interesting to see If your "attack the victim" strategy will change anyones mind. it's on video, I can't see where he resisted arrest.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817251
12/05/14 03:45 PM
12/05/14 03:45 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Binnie, I am not attacking the victim. I am offering this article to show that there there is more that just a video here. The fact that the grand jury met for over 2 months is puzzling to me. Obvoiuosly they didn't just watch the video. Race has nothing to do with this. I do think the cop used excessive force and that had Garner not resisted he may have still be alive today. Like I also said this was indeed tragic.
Maybe there is a longer version of the tape that has not been released. but this below points are of interest to me"

2. The video of the July 17 incident clearly shows Garner, an African-American, swatting away the arms of a white officer seeking to take him into custody, telling him: "Don't touch me!"

3. Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny.
8. The grand jury began hearing the case on Sept. 29 and did not reach a decision until Wednesday, so there is much testimony that was presented that has not been made public.

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817252
12/05/14 04:01 PM
12/05/14 04:01 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
tough sell bean, the whole world has seen that video. and perception is the deciding factor. too many cops taking down one guy for a small crime. and the video really shows no resistance.

to millions of people nothing counts but the video, everything else is meaningless, he cried "
I can't breathe" 11 TIMES. nobody is looking beyond the video.

it's all perception.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Binnie_Coll] #817253
12/05/14 04:02 PM
12/05/14 04:02 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
beanshooter, it will be interesting to see If your "attack the victim" strategy will change anyones mind. it's on video, I can't see where he resisted arrest.

Except there is no victim in this case, there was a criminal who died because he resisted arrest while being a fat bastard. 350 pounds, jesus how does someone let themselves go that bad, he was a heart attack waiting to happen. Either way, with 30 arrests spanning over the last several decades, this guy was no great loss to society. And props to the grand jury for following suit of the ferguson grand jury and not giving into the ignorant mobs and handing down a justified no true bill.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Binnie_Coll] #817254
12/05/14 04:05 PM
12/05/14 04:05 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
tough sell bean, the whole world has seen that video. and perception is the deciding factor. too many cops taking down one guy for a small crime. and the video really shows no resistance.

like I say, matter of perception, and the video is altogether damning for the cops. the feds are coming!!

Im not sure what video your watching but he is clearly belligerent with the cops and when they went to put the hand cuffs on him he clearly resisted.

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817255
12/05/14 04:15 PM
12/05/14 04:15 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
dellacroce, do you belong to the police union?

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817258
12/05/14 04:22 PM
12/05/14 04:22 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Haha no im with the local 40 ironworkers wink

But seriously, as someone who has been arrested several times, and has a general disdain for law enforcement, the fact that im taking the cops side should speak volumes.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817259
12/05/14 04:24 PM
12/05/14 04:24 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Is his weight not kind of beside the point?

Whatever about using an illegal, and dangerous, chokehold, was there really any need to keep his arms firmly locked against his throat and continue to choke him once he was incapacitated? And was there any need to force his head into the concrete? And was there any need to drive his knee into his head? And was there any need to leave the guy there and take over ten minutes to pursue any kind of medical attention for him?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video...old-death-video

After 1:16 is it even conclusive that he is "swatting" their hands away when they are trying to handcuff him? The guy was agitated, he was mildly resistant but the key issue here is that the thug cop took it way too far after incapacitating him.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817261
12/05/14 04:31 PM
12/05/14 04:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
good boy moe! you put it down exactly right. im with you on this one. pee on the cops union. great post moe.

Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817262
12/05/14 04:45 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I never agree with Al Sharpton. The other day he was with other blacks so called leaders during a press conference.

A reporter asked why did the family have to call you?

He said when a police has a problem he can call their union, and he has a lot of people to help him.

When a poor black civilian gets in trouble he does not have anyone to help him. If he calls us we are going to help him.

It kind of made sense to me.

only the unloved hate
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Moe_Tilden] #817263
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Is his weight not kind of beside the point?

Whatever about using an illegal, and dangerous, chokehold, was there really any need to keep his arms firmly locked against his throat and continue to choke him once he was incapacitated? And was there any need to force his head into the concrete? And was there any need to drive his knee into his head? And was there any need to leave the guy there and take over ten minutes to pursue any kind of medical attention for him?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video...old-death-video

After 1:16 is it even conclusive that he is "swatting" their hands away when they are trying to handcuff him? The guy was agitated, he was mildly resistant but the key issue here is that the thug cop took it way too far after incapacitating him.

First of all no his weight is not besides the point, because A, it was a one of the causes that lead to his death and B, if he wasnt such a fucking grizzly bear it wouldnt have taken so much force to bring him down.

Now come on the cop had him in a head lock(note head lock, not choke hold) for 4 maybe 5 seconds, just long enough to subdue him. And when he was on the ground if he was still not complying then its pretty much standard to push down on the back of the head as that key pressure point.

As far as you saying "taking it to far after they incapacitate him", hes not considered incapacitated until hes in handcuffs. And if he wouldnt have resisted to the handcuffs in the first place, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Staten Island choke hold death- no indictment [Re: Belmont] #817266
12/05/14 04:53 PM
12/05/14 04:53 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
" if he wasnt such a fucking grizzly bear it wouldnt have taken so much force to bring him down."

Ever play football? One guy can take anyone down if you can get both of his feet off the ground. Only one place for him to go from there, and that is down on the ground.

only the unloved hate
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull