GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (U talkin' da me ??), 153 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,481
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: cheech] #813137
11/12/14 12:41 PM
11/12/14 12:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cheech
they dont ask where it came from. they ask do you have it.

Ain't that the fuckin truth lol.

Pizzaboy's Old Man: Is his money green? grin

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: pizzaboy] #813159
11/12/14 02:04 PM
11/12/14 02:04 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: mickey2
different times then. iam quite sure that joe kennedy wasn't 100% playing to the laws. But nearly nobody was back then, right? It was all about making money

Of course. I don't care if he ran booze or not. I just don't like the Kennedy-Camelot myth, and I don't like what Joe Kennedy did to his daughter. It was inhuman.

the book " sins of the father" goes into the lobotomy,
it was a horrible thing to do to one of your very own children.
it was done because rosemary was slow, and joe kennedy wanted perfect children,

in the book, its mentioned that he never told his wife rose, that he took rosemary to a doctor, a man who won't tell his wife the shameful thing he did to his daughter!
he was a viscious, mean spirited, myth maker. I refuse to believe his myths, when facts prove him wrong.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #813173
11/12/14 03:19 PM
11/12/14 03:19 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
I always hated the kennedys.....

What old man Joe did to his daughter was as bad as it gets, From what I've read she wasn't even that bad. Basically she was rebellious, She smoked and dated around a little.

After the frontal lobotomy back when they actually used an ice pick like device and went in above the eye socket that poor girl never spoke again and was unable to feed herself.

She was just a little wild by 1930's standards and for that they turned her into a living dead person.

Very sad....

And Bobby....with his bug fucking mouth. Pissing off LCN and Hoover. Then you have JFK who totally fucked those poor Cubans at the bay of pigs.

Then John John.....Flying in a storm before he was instrument certified killed not only his wife but the little sister. With all his fucking money he could have easily chartered a plane or hired an instrument certified co pilot...pure Kennedy ego.

Then you've got Teddy and William Smith. I used to play gigs in the Au Bar. I heard a ton of drunk uncle Teddy stories. And then theres Mary Jo Kopekne who was ALIVE for something like 40 minutes breathing from the air pockets in the submerged car. But no, Teddy had to call his lawyers first the next morning to get his story strait.

I could go on.....but why???

Sal

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #813182
11/12/14 03:59 PM
11/12/14 03:59 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
salvi,62,.. im like you, ive read about them extentsively,
and they all have this sense of privilege, and they all hold themselves above the law.

they are shameless, and everything about them is covered up. I am definetly no fan of the kennedys!!

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #813184
11/12/14 04:10 PM
11/12/14 04:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's my pal, Salvi grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #813189
11/12/14 04:56 PM
11/12/14 04:56 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Binnie or Pizzaboy, how do you do that? How do you show a post of someone else within a post of someone else?

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #813190
11/12/14 04:58 PM
11/12/14 04:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Binnie or Pizzaboy, how do you do that? How do you show a post of someone else within a post of someone else?

Hit the quote button.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: pizzaboy] #813191
11/12/14 05:05 PM
11/12/14 05:05 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
I guess I'm making it more complex than it really is. Other people post threads within their message, and it can scroll up and down. Never done that. Is that more than one set of quote unquote commands?

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #813192
11/12/14 05:08 PM
11/12/14 05:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I guess I'm making it more complex than it really is. Other people post threads within their message, and it can scroll up and down. Never done that. Is that more than one set of quote unquote commands?

Just hit quote, and when you see this [/quote] at the bottom of the portion you want to quote, hit return and start typing underneath. When you're done, hit preview to make sure you did it right. Then hit submit.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: pizzaboy] #813193
11/12/14 05:17 PM
11/12/14 05:17 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:

Quote:

Just hit quote, and when you see this

Thanks PB

I'm getting there. The way you guys do it and make it scroll up and down in it's own window is not as obvious as one might think. I'm intermediate on computers and this actually takes some consideration.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #813194
11/12/14 05:24 PM
11/12/14 05:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Thanks PB

No problem. Any time, buddy.

I'm intermediate on computers and this actually takes some consideration.

Same here. I was very late to the Internet party. I bought my first computer in 2004. I was 45 years old at the time. And I'm completely self taught, but I get by okay.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: pizzaboy] #813199
11/12/14 05:59 PM
11/12/14 05:59 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
I was stubborn. I didn't even get my first cell phone until 2006. Didn't want to get married to a gadget...which is basically exactly what eventually happened.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #813268
11/13/14 03:23 AM
11/13/14 03:23 AM
N
night_timer Offline
Capo
night_timer  Offline
N
Capo
Well, I lived in Detroit and I heard that Joe was importing booze from Canada, which is only across the Detroit River.

I zipped across the Ambassador Bridge on my Vespa anytime I liked to go to Canada. So safe compared to Detroit, LOL.

That way, you don't have to manufacture booze, just buy and then re-sell the stuff distilled in Canada.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: night_timer] #813272
11/13/14 04:03 AM
11/13/14 04:03 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: night_timer
Well, I lived in Detroit and I heard that Joe was importing booze from Canada, which is only across the Detroit River.

In the early 1920's Kennedy clashed with Detriots Purple gang.Reports say that he smuggled booze through their turf with out their permission.Sotry goes that the gang issued a contract on Joe's life and it was Chicago's Diamond Joe Esposito who cancelled the contract.Diamond Joe had the power to that because he was running a big part of the sugar business in the mid west and had close ties with the Purple gang

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Toodoped] #813274
11/13/14 04:13 AM
11/13/14 04:13 AM
M
mickey2 Offline
Capo
mickey2  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: Toodoped

In the early 1920's Kennedy clashed with Detriots Purple gang.Reports say that he smuggled booze through their turf with out their permission.Sotry goes that the gang issued a contract on Joe's life and it was Chicago's Diamond Joe Esposito who cancelled the contract.Diamond Joe had the power to that because he was running a big part of the sugar business in the mid west and had close ties with the Purple gang

but this does not mean necessarily that he was bootlegging. only that he was not willed to pay the gang

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: mickey2] #813278
11/13/14 04:23 AM
11/13/14 04:23 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

but this does not mean necessarily that he was bootlegging. only that he was not willed to pay the gang

If it was in the early 20's,during prohibtion.He smuggled booze into the U.S. which was illegal

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Toodoped] #813289
11/13/14 04:32 AM
11/13/14 04:32 AM
M
mickey2 Offline
Capo
mickey2  Offline
M
Capo

If it was in the early 20's,during prohibtion.He smuggled booze into the U.S. which was illegal

as i said, not necessarily! it was possible under legal medicinal permits, which he had.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: mickey2] #813297
11/13/14 04:50 AM
11/13/14 04:50 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

as i said, not necessarily! it was possible under legal medicinal permits, which he had.

It may be possible.Gambling lord Jim O'Leary made the same trick,by having a pharmacy licence for distributing alchohol.In fact he was bootlegging

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: mickey2] #814751
11/22/14 09:27 AM
11/22/14 09:27 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Well, I lived in Detroit and I heard that Joe was importing booze from Canada, which is only across the

but this does not mean necessarily that he was bootlegging. only that he was not willed to pay the gang [/quote]

Joseph Kennedy imported booze from Canada through Detroit, which was illegal, regardless of how you put it, if you got caught you were labeled a bootlegger. But it's not just that, it's almost public record now that he sold that booze through Italians who were connected to various Crime Families all over America, the Detroit Families being one of them. He also had deals set up with Frank Costello in NY.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: SinatraClub] #814914
11/23/14 11:34 AM
11/23/14 11:34 AM
M
mickey2 Offline
Capo
mickey2  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: NOT_mickey2
Well, I lived in Detroit and I heard that Joe was importing booze from Canada, which is only across the

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Joseph Kennedy imported booze from Canada through Detroit, which was illegal, regardless of how you put it, if you got caught you were labeled a bootlegger. But it's not just that, it's almost public record now that he sold that booze through Italians who were connected to various Crime Families all over America, the Detroit Families being one of them. He also had deals set up with Frank Costello in NY.

Iam sure you have some substantial proof to backup your claims. For example, the one and only source who stated that Kennedy had deals with Costello was - Costello. Later, Bonanno claimed the same, Kennedy was in Business with him during Prohibition. Do i have to say that this is no proof? At least for me.

Last edited by mickey2; 11/23/14 11:36 AM.
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #815324
11/25/14 11:30 AM
11/25/14 11:30 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Actually the source for the Costello thing, isn't Costello. It was Doris Kearns, an historian who had access to some of Kennedy's papers and discovered evidence that supported Costello's claim and that of Meyer Lansky's that he also had illegal dealings with Kennedy during prohibition. Kennedy had already gone into prohibition with stocks of liquor from his father, also on the day Prohibition ended, like the exact day, he'd already had three franchises of British Whiskey & Gin, and a company to import them. Is it just coincidence that he was able to accomplish such a thing on the exact day prohibition ended, possibly, but unlikely. He probably had inside dealings. And he guarded those closely until his death, then somehow these papers came into the hands of Kearns.

And the term "smuggling" insinuates a crime within itself, so if he was smuggling anything in Detroit, in all actuality he was a bootlegger. He imported and distributed liquor to the States, while it was illegal to do so. What does that make him?

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: SinatraClub] #815332
11/25/14 11:57 AM
11/25/14 11:57 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Actually the source for the Costello thing, isn't Costello. It was Doris Kearns, an historian who had access to some of Kennedy's papers and discovered evidence that supported Costello's claim and that of Meyer Lansky's that he also had illegal dealings with Kennedy during prohibition. Kennedy had already gone into prohibition with stocks of liquor from his father, also on the day Prohibition ended, like the exact day, he'd already had three franchises of British Whiskey & Gin, and a company to import them. Is it just coincidence that he was able to accomplish such a thing on the exact day prohibition ended, possibly, but unlikely. He probably had inside dealings. And he guarded those closely until his death, then somehow these papers came into the hands of Kearns.

And the term "smuggling" insinuates a crime within itself, so if he was smuggling anything in Detroit, in all actuality he was a bootlegger. He imported and distributed liquor to the States, while it was illegal to do so. What does that make him?

Right on. It would be great if we could post Doris Kearns' materials to this website....to put the issue to rest once and for all.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #815615
11/26/14 08:22 PM
11/26/14 08:22 PM
S
sbhc Offline
Made Member
sbhc  Offline
S
Made Member
A little known fact about him is that he owned 3 Hollywood film studios in the late 1920s just as the talkies were taking off. I read about his ventures in a book about the early years of the movie industry in LA. He doesn't come across as a very pleasant individual and some 'strongarm' tactics are hinted at when it comes to dealing with rival studios.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: sbhc] #815681
11/27/14 10:57 AM
11/27/14 10:57 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: sbhc
A little known fact about him is that he owned 3 Hollywood film studios in the late 1920s just as the talkies were taking off. I read about his ventures in a book about the early years of the movie industry in LA. He doesn't come across as a very pleasant individual and some 'strongarm' tactics are hinted at when it comes to dealing with rival studios.

like what he did to alexander pantages, who owned a chain of movie theatres that ole joe wanted, so, what did he do?

he gave 10.000 dollars to a woman who had a ten year old daughter, who claimed that pantages raped her, it was a lie.

the girl later admitted her mother was given 10,ooo dollars by joe kennedy. the accusation ruined pantages, he also stole money from Gloria swanson she tells her story in her book.

the pantages story comes from "sins of the father" by Ronald Kessler. and that's just the tip of the iceberg with this guy.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #815926
11/29/14 01:38 AM
11/29/14 01:38 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: sbhc

like what he did to alexander pantages, who owned a chain of movie theatres that ole joe wanted, so, what did he do?

he gave 10.000 dollars to a woman who had a ten year old daughter, who claimed that pantages raped her, it was a lie.

the girl later admitted her mother was given 10,ooo dollars by joe kennedy. the accusation ruined pantages, he also stole money from Gloria swanson she tells her story in her book.

the pantages story comes from "sins of the father" by Ronald Kessler. and that's just the tip of the iceberg with this guy.

If Joe Kennedy was capable of those kinds of actions, I wouldn't be surprised if bootlegging was one of the less serious laws he broke.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #816105
11/29/14 08:56 PM
11/29/14 08:56 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
alfa. yes, if you can, find out what the british people thought of him, when he was ambassador to England in the 2nd world war.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #816149
11/30/14 08:00 AM
11/30/14 08:00 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

It's just typical that the Kennedy's catch all the shit for their alleged misdeeds yet nobody obsesses over that hayseed podunk hick Jimmy Carter's buffoonery in the Iran Hostage Crisis and the nepotism over his brother, the downright evil shit the Bush dynasty has been involved in over the last 50 years not limited to their friendship, funding and enabling of Bin Laden and those bastions of moral fortitude Tricky Dick and Ron Reagan.

GTF over it like.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #816150
11/30/14 08:08 AM
11/30/14 08:08 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
It's just typical that the Kennedy's catch all the shit for their alleged misdeeds yet nobody obsesses over that hayseed podunk hick Jimmy Carter's buffoonery in the Iran Hostage Crisis and the nepotism over his brother, the downright evil shit the Bush dynasty has been involved in over the last 50 years not limited to their friendship, funding and enabling of Bin Laden and those bastions of moral fortitude Tricky Dick and Ron Reagan.

GTF over it like.

@Moe: You're sticking up for an Irish scumbag the same way that some of these kids stick up for Italian thugs. And you're not wrong in calling them out for it. But you have to be consistent, son.

Jimmy Carter's an asshole, and a rabid anti-Semite to boot. But again, Jimmy Carter being an inept Jew hater, and John Gotti being an Italian American sociopath, doesn't make the Kennedys squeaky clean by any stretch of the imagination.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Ever.

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #816204
11/30/14 12:51 PM
11/30/14 12:51 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
good post. p.b. you are sooooooooo right!

Re: joesph p. kennedy. was he a bootlegger? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #857569
08/25/15 12:04 AM
08/25/15 12:04 AM
D
donplugconnected Offline
Made Member
donplugconnected  Offline
D
Made Member
the irony that he was a bootlegger and his son was a criminal buster. yea i think he was a bootlegger.

ma tongue hold life my belt hold death.
make em bite the dust when they hit the floor.
4-5 to there chest us folk from gangsterbb aint playing.
we smoke everyone in this b word like a hookah now.
stupid steve hit the corner shooting.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull