GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, m2w, 1 invisible), 228 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,391
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Johnny_Dio] #815756
11/27/14 06:17 PM
11/27/14 06:17 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
The Gambino's are still major players when it comes to drug trafficking, I don't even think it's debatable.

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: TommyGambino] #815783
11/28/14 02:13 AM
11/28/14 02:13 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
The Gambino's are still major players when it comes to drug trafficking, I don't even think it's debatable.

oh I wish you were right my friend

but, you see, over here nothing is undebatable

not even common sense and fact-backed knowledge

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Johnny_Dio] #815839
11/28/14 12:40 PM
11/28/14 12:40 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
I know two elderly ex teamsters, with 30 plus years in. they both got their pensions, and they were good pensions, however the medical insurance depended upon the company you worked for.

the two guys I know have no medical from the teamsters because their former employers went bankrupt, it really did't matter to them as they have medicare.

but, if you retired without medicare, and your employer goes broke, you don't get any medical insurance from the IBT.
this is the understanding I have about the teamsters retirement.
correct me if im wrong.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Binnie_Coll] #815848
11/28/14 01:05 PM
11/28/14 01:05 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
I know two elderly ex teamsters, with 30 plus years in. they both got their pensions, and they were good pensions, however the medical insurance depended upon the company you worked for.

the two guys I know have no medical from the teamsters because their former employers went bankrupt, it really did't matter to them as they have medicare.

but, if you retired without medicare, and your employer goes broke, you don't get any medical insurance from the IBT.
correct me if im wrong.

It depends on the local, not the job itself. But it doesn't matter if your employer goes bankrupt after you retire. Vested money is vested money. It can't be touched.

But it's true that most pensions don't carry medical for life. If you want that deal you take a civil service job or do a three year minimum in the armed forces.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: pizzaboy] #815859
11/28/14 01:35 PM
11/28/14 01:35 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

correct me if im wrong.

It depends on the local, not the job itself. But it doesn't matter if your employer goes bankrupt after you retire. Vested money is vested money. It can't be touched.

But it's true that most pensions don't carry medical for life. If you want that deal you take a civil service job or do a three year minimum in the armed forces.

I'd actually love to start a thread on the unions and how they work aside from what I've learned in school. I work in the oilfield, and in Louisiana if you say union, nobody has any idea what you are talking about. Louisiana has some kind of "fire without cause law" that basically says companies can fire you for no reason, I'm not sure of the specifics but that's the general guidelines. I assume that's why there is no significant union presence down here.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Johnny_Dio] #815861
11/28/14 01:39 PM
11/28/14 01:39 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
About 18 years ago my uncle passed away. He was a member of the teamsters union in Chicago for over four decades. Last year his wife, my mother's only sister, passed away as well.

We were always in awe of their very upper middle class lifestyle and never appearing to need for anything. I always remember him with a new car and a rubber banded roll of bills that could clog a manhole.

Fast forward to today and I just find out that when he retired back in the day, he took all his pension up front. No other future compensation whatsoever. God love him, he lived it up in his latter years and from what I understand, he didn't leave much behind.

My folks said they all tried to talk him into taking half at the retirement date and getting the balance in increments throughout the rest of his life. He refused and wanted to play big shot.

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: LaLouisiane] #815862
11/28/14 01:41 PM
11/28/14 01:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
There have been threads about the unions, LaLou. They usually don't go anywhere because there aren't enough rank and file members on the board. But if you use the search feature you can probably pull up an old thread or two.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: IvyLeague] #815877
11/28/14 02:48 PM
11/28/14 02:48 PM
M
mickey2 Offline
Capo
mickey2  Offline
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
what I was getting at was, theres no penalty for turning stoolie today. half the mob are stoolies. and with rico going strong, it's much harder today than it was, to be a made guy.

and young guys see this and nobody wants to be in Lcn anymore.

Much of what you said, though often repeated by many, is false. First, "half the mob" are not stoolies. People just get that image because those that do flip get so much attention. But even today the number of guys who turn is relatively small compared to those that don't. Second, the fact that the families in New York have been able to keep their membership totals relatively steady for the last 20+ years demonstrates there are still plenty of willing guys who want to be made.

Originally Posted By: baldo
OK, so it's agreed that there is a lack of talent in the younger generation and it seems that eventually most of the street rackets may go to newer immigrant crime groups (possibly). But what about the white collar rackets like the unions? If you have let's say Genovese guys that control certain unions or have influence, will these new immigrant groups be able to come in and take over? Or in this case, does the mob have someone to hand it down to. I'm assuming you don't need a "neighborhood" or "street presence" to keep influence in a union. I could be wrong as I have zero experience with unions. Maybe Pizzaboy or others can offer some insight. Thanks.

The lack of quality in the new members, as compared to the old, is certainly true. Though not necessarily across the board. But the idea that most of the street rackets would be taken over by newer immigrant groups (the "ethnic succession" theory in organized crime) that got it's start 40 years ago has been proven largely untrue in New York. One of the earliest to float this predict this was Franic Ianni, who believed that blacks would take over the mob's rackets at the street level. Fast-forward through the years and, with each new ethnic group, you'd have OC experts and even some in law enforcement predicting they would "take over." - the Hispanics, Chinese, Motorcycle Gangs, Russians, Albanians, etc.

One of the more interesting books on this subject is The New Ethnic Mobs by William Kleinknecht. Through most of his book he tries to build a case for the new groups supplanting the Italian mob. Yet, in the last chapter he almost does a complete 180. The Chinese are the #1 group he pushes but, in the end, he admits that - except for the drug trade - they will probably never go beyond the rackets of their own insular communities. One thing he does point out, and I give him credit for it because it goes against the cliched thinking, is that many people underestimated the tenacity with which the Italian mob would maintain it's presence in many of it's traditional street rackets. Wherever there is still a viable mob family left, it remains the dominant force when it comes to bookmaking and loansharking. The mob has been marginalized in the drug trade but the New York families are still big players in narcotics.

The union influence has diminished a great deal since the '90s. But the Genovese and Luccheses families in particular still have strongholds in certain areas (The Laborers and the Waterfront obviously at the forefront). But I expect those strongholds to also diminish over time. Not any time soon, but over time nonetheless. And I think when they're gone, they're gone (much like what happened with most of the Teamster locals).

So in my opinion, long story short and all that, the unions that are still under the mob's control will stay there but their grip will slowly diminish. And when they're out of the unions, I don't see an other immigrant group picking up the pieces. Because as a guy who dedicated 25 years of service to the Teamsters and organized labor, it pains me a great deal to admit that unions are slowly dying.

While I agree with you about the overall decline in mob influence in the unions, as well as the decline of the union movement in general, there are still some IBT Locals in New York that are interesting to watch; even in recent years. From 2000 to the present, I've counted at least 20 former Local 813 officials and/or members who were booted for their ties to the the LCN, corruption, etc. There's also been several booted from Local 295 at JFK since 2000. Local 282 has continued to have problems in recent years. Local 812 and 1181 are others.

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
And article posted this week on the current state of the NY Mafia, claims that the Gambino's control the piers. Take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.the-newshub.com/stories/whatever-happened-to-the-new-york-mafia-1

You'll notice that article says the Gambinos control the piers in Brooklyn and Staten Island. That's traditionally been their territory while the Genovese had Manhattan and New Jersey. All of the New York families, except for the Bonannos, are still deep into construction and related fields. Unlike the wholesale food markets, the Javits Center, or even waste hauling, the government was never able to institute the same kinds of industry reforms in the construction trades. It's simply too big and too diverse to remove or at least weaken the mob like they did in other industries.

thanks ivy

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Johnny_Dio] #815879
11/28/14 03:02 PM
11/28/14 03:02 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Believe it or not even I was a union member back in my early 20's but as a chemical workers union member. My Pops got me a job as a summer hire. Everybody was always griping about something. These workers were paid very well working on the assembly line getting paid like $17/hr back in 1990. That was the LOWEST pay grade. As summer hires (there were about 25 of us total) we were told by the regular employees that we BETTER SLOW DOWN our work or ELSE...
We would do twice the amount of work in half the time as the regular employees down in the warehouse loading pallets. But that all came to a halt very quickly.

When administration was picking numbers to names to determine our seniority for that year I got picked as number 8 which was great cuz that meant that I had a pretty good chance of getting the shift and job I wanted. The union president's son got picked as 17 which was not good. The next day we all got called in to redraw because there was a problem. I got the SAME number 8 and guess who got number 7? Yup you guessed it the union presidents son.

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Alfanosgirl] #815881
11/28/14 03:19 PM
11/28/14 03:19 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Wow, that sounds like too much politics in the workfield lol

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Johnny_Dio] #816030
11/29/14 01:41 PM
11/29/14 01:41 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
As far as younger guys, alphonse truccio is an earner. Unfortunately by the time he gets out of prison, the only italian living in Queens will be him..lol

Last edited by Belmont; 11/29/14 01:42 PM.
Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Belmont] #816035
11/29/14 01:47 PM
11/29/14 01:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont
As far as younger guys, alphonse truccio is an earner. Unfortunately by the time he gets out of prison, the only italian living in Queens will be him..lol

He just got knocked down anyway.

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: pizzaboy] #816040
11/29/14 02:07 PM
11/29/14 02:07 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss

Well, that makes sense due to all the power now being in brooklyn.
He was an earner, is doing a 10 piece, and is still young. Maybe he is being temporarily demoted?
Then again, the same thing happened to a lot of the brooklyn Lucchese guys who went away and realized all the power went back to the bronx.

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Belmont] #816041
11/29/14 02:08 PM
11/29/14 02:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Well, that makes sense due to all the power now being in brooklyn.
He was an earner, is doing a 10 piece, and is still young. Maybe he is being temporarily demoted?
Then again, the same thing happened to a lot of the brooklyn Lucchese guys who went away and realized all the power went back to the bronx.

I'll pm you.

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: botz] #816127
11/30/14 12:55 AM
11/30/14 12:55 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: botz
It would be more interesting if there was some more information on wannabe mobsters of the 90's generation.

The up and coming guys of the 90s generation all got very long sentences.There is no way guys in their 20s can do the murders and crimes that these guys did technology today wont allow it.

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: Johnny_Dio] #816130
11/30/14 02:53 AM
11/30/14 02:53 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
I'm sure that trucchio is not the only young good earner in nyc

And with the mob being less territorial than in the past, shifting demographics are not that big of an issue

Besides wasn't his crew's operation reaching beyon howard beach?

And it was said to be filled with young guys...

Re: Young Generation Mafia [Re: LuanKuci] #816288
11/30/14 11:39 PM
11/30/14 11:39 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
I'm sure that trucchio is not the only young good earner in nyc

And with the mob being less territorial than in the past, shifting demographics are not that big of an issue

Besides wasn't his crew's operation reaching beyon howard beach?

And it was said to be filled with young guys...

a bunch of drug addicts.....this generation refuses to say no to drugs

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull