GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 172 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,426
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,305
Posts1,058,285
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: BAM_233] #811235
11/02/14 09:06 AM
11/02/14 09:06 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Footreads
I think Chubby Checker should be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. He is not in either.

The biggest oversight in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is Johnny Maestro. It's disgraceful that he's been snubbed all these years.

That is really weird that Checker is not in. But, he is not alone sadly. Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Doobie Brothers, Lou Reed, Joe Cocker, Tina Turner (no idea if Ike is in or not), Jim Croce, etc are still waiting.

Ike and Tina are in collectively. No reason to put Tina in by herelf. She had very limited success as a solo artist other than the What's Love Got To Do With It? years (mid '80s).

I liked Jim Croce a lot. But the truth is, his career may have been too short. But he belongs based on talent alone.

The other acts that you mention are deserving. Stevie Ray and Lou Reed may go in this year, though. If N.W.A. gets in, it's political correctness run amok.

This year's nominees: http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...fpart=1&q=1

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811297
11/02/14 01:05 PM
11/02/14 01:05 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
As I said above, I don't think Rose is electable, but one of the things that I think everyone has to keep in mind in this discussion is that Pete managed the Reds for four full seasons, and he brought them home in second place all four times. The next season, when he was suspended mid-season, was a mess for the Reds, but in their first Pete-less season the Reds stayed in first place wire to wire and swept the Series.

So Pete's conduct potentially affected multiple pennant races, and not just the Reds. I don't think you can just assume that Pete didn't throw any games as a manager, and figure that's enough. Part of manager's job is to look past the specfic game, to make sure players are rested, work young players into the lineup. There's a direct conflict between that responsibility and the gambler's impulse to win this bet right here, and I'm not sure that's not part of the reason the division went from LA to Houston to San Francisco to LA to San Francisco in those years. It sure didn't help, though.

Last edited by mustachepete; 11/02/14 01:06 PM.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811298
11/02/14 01:48 PM
11/02/14 01:48 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
mustachepete, you are a very good thinker. and I agree with
your post. now, we have another issue with the hall. that is the steroid era. I mean a-rod, mcquire, Conseco, Clemens, bonds, and others. the cheaters. I wouldn't let them in either. and, furthermore their records should not be allowed. selig erred for not dealing with the problem. he should have been on top of it.

how do you stand on this steroid situation?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811329
11/02/14 03:54 PM
11/02/14 03:54 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
The steroid issue is much tougher to deal with imo. While i personally think that until evidence can be shown that Rose threw games, he should be allowed; with Steroids it's not exactly clear who did and didn't take them and what effect they took from them. I mean what if Clemens, Sosa, Mcgwire, Bonds, etc are banned and a few elite players like Griffey Jr, Maddux, R.Johnson, etc make it simply because they were never caught? Just to clarify i'm not accusing any of those guys, it's just difficult to be sure with how messed up that era was.

Also with Bonds in particular it's even more difficult because he was on his way to a HOF career before he started juicing. From all accounts i've read Bonds started around 98, without the roids he obviously wouldn't have set the single season or all time HR records, or have beat Babe Ruths single season Slugging % record. Still he was hitting 30 HR's and Stealing 30 Bases every year before he started using Steroids.

This is just my opinion and i know most will disagree with it, but i think these guys should be personally punished; as in charges brought against them if warrented and a lifetime ban from Baseball, but a Hall of Fame without Rose, Bonds and Clemens just seems weird. Mcgwire can stay out he pretty much admitted to taking them his full career and Power Hitting seemed to be pretty much all he done.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Camarel] #811343
11/02/14 04:22 PM
11/02/14 04:22 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Camarel
The steroid issue is much tougher to deal with imo. While i personally think that until evidence can be shown that Rose threw games, he should be allowed; with Steroids it's not exactly clear who did and didn't take them and what effect they took from them. I mean what if Clemens, Sosa, Mcgwire, Bonds, etc are banned and a few elite players like Griffey Jr, Maddux, R.Johnson, etc make it simply because they were never caught? Just to clarify i'm not accusing any of those guys, it's just difficult to be sure with how messed up that era was.

Also with Bonds in particular it's even more difficult because he was on his way to a HOF career before he started juicing. From all accounts i've read Bonds started around 98, without the roids he obviously wouldn't have set the single season or all time HR records, or have beat Babe Ruths single season Slugging % record. Still he was hitting 30 HR's and Stealing 30 Bases every year before he started using Steroids.

This is just my opinion and i know most will disagree with it, but i think these guys should be personally punished; as in charges brought against them if warrented and a lifetime ban from Baseball, but a Hall of Fame without Rose, Bonds and Clemens just seems weird. Mcgwire can stay out he pretty much admitted to taking them his full career and Power Hitting seemed to be pretty much all he done.

I agree with this, and many are being punished because they were part of the era. That era is a big mess, and who knows if any mentioned above will be in. Unless of course somebody already in Cooperstown took them (I believe there were rumors or speculation about Henderson).

Also, I believe that Bud Selig should be banned from Cooperstown as well.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811351
11/02/14 04:47 PM
11/02/14 04:47 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
bam233.
what a mess this is, its very distressing to baseball fans,
I will say this, while agreeing with bam. I think bud selig bears some responsibility with the steroid situation, and what he left to the next commissioner. I think selig did baseball a disservice by not addressing all the juiced up players. he gave baseball a black eye while ignoring it for so long.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: BAM_233] #811357
11/02/14 05:08 PM
11/02/14 05:08 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

I agree with this, and many are being punished because they were part of the era. That era is a big mess, and who knows if any mentioned above will be in. Unless of course somebody already in Cooperstown took them (I believe there were rumors or speculation about Henderson).

Agreed with everything you said here. I'd never heard of the Henderson rumours, i really hope that's all they were, rumours. The biggest problem that era has caused is the questioning of every single player practically. Another player i've read rumours about is Nolan Ryan, mostly stemming from his unusally long career as a pitcher (or in general) and his post 40 success. Hendersons Base Stealing records may have also have called him into question, unless there's more to it?

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811361
11/02/14 05:21 PM
11/02/14 05:21 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
now, we have another issue with the hall. that is the steroid era. I mean a-rod, mcquire, Conseco, Clemens, bonds, and others. the cheaters. I wouldn't let them in either. and, furthermore their records should not be allowed. selig erred for not dealing with the problem. he should have been on top of it.

how do you stand on this steroid situation?

There's the old saying about Vietnam: if you're not confused, you don't understand the situation. That's the steroids to me - on the one hand McGwire has 11% of the vote, on the other his manager in Oakland and St Louis walks in on the first ballot. It's ridiculous.

Basically, I'm in favor of rewriting the rule, "Voting shall be based upon the player's record, playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character, and contributions to the team(s) on which the player played," to something sportswriters can deal with. Make it clear that "sportsmanship" means that you didn't spike guys for fun, and get rid of the words integrity and character unless you want to have ethicists do an initial screening or something.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: mustachepete] #811362
11/02/14 05:25 PM
11/02/14 05:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Make it clear that "sportsmanship" means that you didn't spike guys for fun, and get rid of the words integrity and character unless you want to have ethicists do an initial screening or something.

There you go. This way the moralists (most of whom are hypocrites anyway) can't hijack the whole thing.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Camarel] #811370
11/02/14 06:06 PM
11/02/14 06:06 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss

Agreed with everything you said here. I'd never heard of the Henderson rumours, i really hope that's all they were, rumours. The biggest problem that era has caused is the questioning of every single player practically. Another player i've read rumours about is Nolan Ryan, mostly stemming from his unusally long career as a pitcher (or in general) and his post 40 success. Hendersons Base Stealing records may have also have called him into question, unless there's more to it?

I thought that Canseco said something around the time Henderson was being inducted. But, I did find this interesting report. Does not say or speculate which player though. I honestly would think it would be a teammate of Canesco.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/0...e-hall-of-fame/

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: BAM_233] #811373
11/02/14 06:38 PM
11/02/14 06:38 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

I thought that Canseco said something around the time Henderson was being inducted. But, I did find this interesting report. Does not say or speculate which player though. I honestly would think it would be a teammate of Canesco.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/0...e-hall-of-fame/

Great article Bam thanks for thst. I know the comments on this are as good as citing YT comments, but the consensus seems to be that it's either about Wade Boggs or Roger Clemens. It seems a little weird how these allegations are so restricted to blogs.

Here's a guy trying to analyze Boswells statement and come up with the most likely candidates; and he indeed says Henderson was the most likely; but he points out himself that he's largely relying on the fact that Henderson was Cansecos teammate. This was Boswells statement -

"There was another player now in the Hall of Fame who literally stood with me and mixed something and I said "What's that?" and he said "it's a Jose Canseco milkshake". And that year that Hall of Famer hit more home runs than ever hit any other year.

So it wasn't just Canseco, and so one of the reasons that I thought that it was an important subject was that it was spreading. It was already spreading by 1988."

This is his opinion on Henderson and the link below it.

This may stretch Boswell's definition a bit, but it technically fits. Rickey's 28 home runs in 1990 is indeed his career best, but he also hit the same number in 1986. Even so, I think the Rickey 1990 season fits Boswell's claim the best. After all, Rickey is the only one on this list who was an actual teammate of Canseco at the time he hit the home runs, and 1990 is really the height of the Bash Brothers and that Oakland squad. It'd also make some sense for Boswell, who had made Canseco and the A's a special subject of his, to be close enough to an Oakland player to be able to witness something like that.

I hope I don't need to say that I'm not actually accusing Rickey or Cal or Sandberg or anyone else of using steroids. I have no clue just how accurate or precise Boswell's claim was in the documentary. It's very possible that a more nuanced statement from Boswell would make this investigation completely worthless by the addition of just one key detail.

As it is, though, there are only eight possible players who he could be talking about. Of those eight, the three most likely candidates are Andre Dawson in his 1987 MVP season, Cal Ripken, Jr., in his 1991 MVP season or Rickey Henderson in his 1990 MVP season. Ryne Sandberg's 40 home run season in 1990 could also raise some eyebrows. It'd certainly be nice to hear Boswell, who has been investigating steroids in baseball longer than anyone and who obviously has some important inside knowledge, be a little more specific about what he knows, but that's probably not going to happen for a number of years still. In the meantime, all we can do is speculate over the hints that he drops.

http://wezen-ball.com/2010-articles/what...milkshakeq.html

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Camarel] #811378
11/02/14 07:45 PM
11/02/14 07:45 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Ripken would be shocking as hell.I mean he pretty much looked the same for all of his career, and of course holding the record of consecutive games played. And, I honestly would be really sad if Sandberg and Dawson did that. I grew up being a big fan of Sosa, but now I really don't give a damn if he ever shows his face at Wrigley.

Also, I found something about Canseco commenting about Ripken. http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2009/07...-cal-ripken-jr/

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811380
11/02/14 07:54 PM
11/02/14 07:54 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
bam, the link you gave says that Canseco said is wasn't Henderson. looks like he means ripken. that's sad.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811381
11/02/14 08:01 PM
11/02/14 08:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
bam, the link you gave says that Canseco said is wasn't Henderson. looks like he means ripken. that's sad.

Why is it that you seem to vilify the rats in the organized crime section (like Gravano), yet you're ready to take the word of a piece of shit like Canseco in the sports section? Pretty inconsistent, don't you think?

Ripken's an American hero. Canseco's a lying, drug-addled, Cuban dog.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811383
11/02/14 08:09 PM
11/02/14 08:09 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
read caramel links, I did, and bams link,

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811385
11/02/14 08:10 PM
11/02/14 08:10 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Here's another random blog post that seems to think Ripken took steroids - http://www.truthfromfacts.com/2009/04/13/cal-ripken-and-steroids/ .

In no way am i accusing Ripken but that random blog post brings up a few interesting points. For one Gehrigs, Ironman "unbeatable record" would've been alot more likely to break than Dimaggios "56 Game Record" for instance, because a bad night whether on steroids or not compared to just turning up to bat is a big difference. Here's a large part of the blog with the link below:

So let’s talk about 1996. Remember that 1996 Oriole team? I do, because it was the first time as their fan they made the playoffs. You remember the ’96 team – it’s the one in which 12 year old Jeffrey Maier snatched a long Jeter drive from OF Tony Tarasco, making it a home run. But another highlight of that team and year is that every starter had 20 HR or more, and the Orioles set the then all time record for team home runs.

In 1996, Ripken hit over 50% more homeruns than he did in either of the previous 2 years, or for the rest of his playing career. In 1999, at age 39, he was repeatedly injured, but the .276 career batting average man had a smashing year statistically: .340 b.a., same number of doubles in that partial season as he hit in full seasons towards career end (27) (except for ’96 when he had 40), and was on a 32 homeruns pace over a 600AB season (the most HR he ever had was 34, in his MVP year of 1991). Lest it be overlooked, Ripken holds the MLB consecutive games played streak, from May 30, 1982 – Sept 20, 1998. That huge guy (6’4″, 193cm) played the hardest position physically after pitcher and catcher, and kept the energy up for every game.

This proves nothing, but Ripken’s sidestepping the steriods question in 2006 doesn’t help make sense of his secure place during the steroids era.

But Cal’s remarks in 2006 are of the same ‘gee whiz’ nature that convicted steroid users use when lying about or minimizing extent of their usage, e.g.:

“I’m curious [whether McQuire used steroids], but I don’t feel that I’m in a position to judge,” Ripken said at the baseball winter meetings. “History will judge us all in some way. And, if you’re content with the truth coming out, then whether your judgment day is now or 50 years from now doesn’t matter.”

“A smarter person will have suspicions when you look around and see people coming back a lot bigger than they were,” he said. “I realize that steroids were an issue in other sports. But no way did I know it was as big as it’s starting to show it was.”

“I think we all were very disappointed that steroids came flying out into the game of baseball. The integrity of the game was in question,” Ripken said. “It’s sad that a cloud is over baseball. Maybe the whole story has not been told yet. I believe the story will come out in time.”

http://www.truthfromfacts.com/2009/04/13/cal-ripken-and-steroids/

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: pizzaboy] #811386
11/02/14 08:12 PM
11/02/14 08:12 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

Why is it that you seem to vilify the rats in the organized crime section (like Gravano), yet you're ready to take the word of a piece of shit like Canseco in the sports section? Pretty inconsistent, don't you think?

Again just to clarif PB i'm not accusing Ripken of anything, just reading various accounts from this era and trying to make sense of this mess.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Camarel] #811387
11/02/14 08:17 PM
11/02/14 08:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Again just to clarif PB i'm not accusing Ripken of anything, just reading various accounts from this era and trying to make sense of this mess.

I know that, Cam smile.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811390
11/02/14 08:22 PM
11/02/14 08:22 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
caramel, good link, no one will ever know, but, Canseco isn't the only one, who questions ripken. it would be sad if its true.

as big a hero that he is.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811393
11/02/14 08:46 PM
11/02/14 08:46 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
caramel, good link, no one will ever know, but, Canseco isn't the only one, who questions ripken. it would be sad if its true.

That era has been completely 'tarred and feathered'. Until there's some way to completely clear certain players there will always be an asterisk at their name. One thing i've always been confused about is Ken Griffey Jr. escaping accusations, if he was totally clean then i think he deserves alot more consideration as one of the greatest ever.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811394
11/02/14 08:57 PM
11/02/14 08:57 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Ok some players used steroids to gain an advantage playing the game. Those are the cheaters like Canseco

On the other hand players used steroids to heal from injuries faster not to gain an advantage playing the game. Was Ripken possibly one of those maybe.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Footreads] #811395
11/02/14 09:11 PM
11/02/14 09:11 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Ok some players used steroids to gain an advantage playing the game. Those are the cheaters like Canseco

On the other hand players used steroids to heal from injuries faster not to gain an advantage playing the game. Was Ripken possibly one of those maybe.

Ripken is the hardest one to debate because most accept that alot of the elite players juiced to prolong their careers rather than improve their game, with a few notable exceptions. The accusations brought upon Ripken are accusing him of breaking a legendary Baseball record through PED'S. Still there's not one bit of evidence for the rumours, and when Jose Canseco hasn't named him; i think it's pretty safe to give him the benifit of the doubt until the next round of accusations .

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811403
11/02/14 11:00 PM
11/02/14 11:00 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
well, what about a " steroid era" a legitmate one. like the " dead ball era." or a special place for the steroid eras records.

maybe that would work.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Camarel] #811404
11/02/14 11:10 PM
11/02/14 11:10 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss

That era has been completely 'tarred and feathered'. Until there's some way to completely clear certain players there will always be an asterisk at their name. One thing i've always been confused about is Ken Griffey Jr. escaping accusations, if he was totally clean then i think he deserves alot more consideration as one of the greatest ever.

I only seen Griffey played during the later years of the Reds. I could be really wrong, but he looked the same body build wise as he did in Seattle. At this point I believe he was clean, and it's a big shame those injuries took a lot out of him.

Another player that pretty much escaped accusations, and has been vocal about getting rid of steroids in the game is Frank Thomas. He also pretty much looked the same through out his career.

Also, to PB. I take everything from Cancesco with a grain of salt. I still believe or want to believe that there are a lot of players who are not using.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811405
11/02/14 11:16 PM
11/02/14 11:16 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
The "dead ball era" still had Ty Cobb and Honus Wagner, both first ever ballot Hall of Famers, and pretty much consensus top 10 of all time; Tris Speaker is another from this era that hovers about there. Then you have Cy Young and Christy Mathewson usually rated as top 10 Pitchers of all time, from the "dead ball" era. With all the talk of Bumgamer's WS Complete Game Shutout, Mathewson produced three shutouts in five games in the 1905 Series!

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Camarel] #811406
11/02/14 11:51 PM
11/02/14 11:51 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
The "dead ball era" still had Ty Cobb and Honus Wagner, both first ever ballot Hall of Famers, and pretty much consensus top 10 of all time; Tris Speaker is another from this era that hovers about there. Then you have Cy Young and Christy Mathewson usually rated as top 10 Pitchers of all time, from the "dead ball" era. With all the talk of Bumgamer's WS Complete Game Shutout, Mathewson produced three shutouts in five games in the 1905 Series!

Don't forget the likes of Walter Johnson, and 'Three Finger' Brown. I just got done watching the 2nd part of Ken Burns Baseball, and that era was just crazy. Especially the 1908 National League pennant race between the NY Giants and Chicago Cubs.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811437
11/03/14 08:11 AM
11/03/14 08:11 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
well, Canseco is not one to take as a source, so he is probably lying about ripken, the steroid era was a big black to major league baseball. and that is a shame.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811543
11/03/14 06:24 PM
11/03/14 06:24 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
well, Canseco is not one to take as a source, so he is probably lying about ripken, the steroid era was a big black to major league baseball. and that is a shame.

It's a big shame, and it will effect the current era as well as we can see with the likes of A-Rod and Braun.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811553
11/03/14 06:48 PM
11/03/14 06:48 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
well, bam thank you for the link you provided it was great.
as far as arod goes I hope he stays away from the game forever.

Re: does pete rose belong in the hall of fame. [Re: Binnie_Coll] #811560
11/03/14 07:23 PM
11/03/14 07:23 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
100% rose belongs, who does not gamble...he did not fix games to anyone's knowledge..been punished enough..

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7