GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dixiemafia, JGil916), 183 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,948
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,340
Posts1,058,941
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: Benny3Balls] #808050
10/12/14 04:46 PM
10/12/14 04:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Benny3Balls
You know more then i do about the value of it Pizza, i just saw the listing but i'm unfamiliar with Boca real estate prices. Looks like a nice place though. I'd post the listing but i'm not so sure Merlino would appreciate his address on a OC forum.

Yeah, it's just common courtesy not to post addresses and such.

I've actually been a little critical of such actions here in the past. But I probably overreacted because at the end of the day, these guys are in the public eye because they put themselves there. And with everything being a matter of public record with the Internet these days, anyone can find anything.

Anyway, when people ask, just say he lives by the old National Enquirer property. Anyone remotely familiar with Boca knows the general area. But like I said, it ain't exactly Ocean Drive wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: dixiemafia] #808080
10/13/14 01:05 AM
10/13/14 01:05 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

I'm just saying something is up and the guy is either getting kicked up to or has old money hid somewhere. If he can keep it up I would do it this way too, that way the Feds can't take what he has (he doesn't own anything) and he doesn't have to hardly pay anything back either. But in the end somebody has to keep paying him, eventually the gangster crap will wear off of the feet lickers and/or those kicking up.

Good point Dixie, nothing is in his name according to the reports and Joey recently moved to another rental to accommodate his family who moved down over the summer.

Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: domwoods74] #808111
10/13/14 09:08 AM
10/13/14 09:08 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Im not so sure merlino is nearly as wealthy as many think. If you look at what he and his guys engaged in, there were no control of unions or large construction projects. It was primarily gambling and some shylocking. Not saying he was broke, he wasnt. However, he was no where near gotti, scarfo sr, ally boy persico, or even vinny basciano. In fact, i dont think he would of ever got past the rank of soldier if he was ever in new york ( if that). I can see him being around the colombo's for some reason.
Then again, the guy has balls, does his time, and can kill.

Last edited by Belmont; 10/13/14 09:09 AM.
Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: Belmont] #808114
10/13/14 09:43 AM
10/13/14 09:43 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Im not so sure merlino is nearly as wealthy as many think. If you look at what he and his guys engaged in, there were no control of unions or large construction projects.

Good point. And a few people are pointing out how smart Joey is for not having anything in his name. And I suppose that's true if he wants to be a thug for the rest of his life. But if you look at his counterparts who are about his age in New York, like Tore or Barney, for instance, these guys have legitimate wealth and they don't have to worry about enjoying their money for fear of being prosecuted for tax evasion.

In this day and age you MUST declare your income if you want to be able to put things in your own name. I mean, it's okay to live like that in your 20's and 30's. Maybe even your 40's. But the guy is 52 years old. It's time to declare some income if he wants to enjoy that money without worrying about the Feds.

Originally Posted By: Belmont
However, he was no where near gotti, scarfo sr, ally boy persico, or even vinny basciano.

Vinny left a lot of debt behind. But yeah, while he was active he was a money machine. And he was smart enough to have a dozen legitimate businesses in his name that he could declare income from. Everything from a deli to a video store to a real estate office to several construction sites. Unfortunately, between the government asset seizure, his legal fees, and the lifestyle that he enjoyed while he was on the street, there's nothing left.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: pizzaboy] #808131
10/13/14 10:53 AM
10/13/14 10:53 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Online content
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Online Content
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: NNY78
Good point Dixie, nothing is in his name according to the reports and Joey recently moved to another rental to accommodate his family who moved down over the summer.

There is no doubt he's doing it the right way for sure.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
And a few people are pointing out how smart Joey is for not having anything in his name.

Hey I pointed that out! whistle lol

Yea like you said though he has to get something going or he's screwed eventually. The more he claims to make the more the Feds will chase him for restitution as well so he's kind of screwed no matter which way he goes, but if he likes living like he is now then he should be ok until the mob groupies get tired of hanging out with Skinny Joey who supposedly hasn't done anything since before the turn of the century.

As easy as it is to start LLC's and companies in this day and time he's crazy if he wants to declare income and not figure up many different ways to get it going.

Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: dixiemafia] #808147
10/13/14 11:36 AM
10/13/14 11:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
but if he likes living like he is now then he should be ok until the mob groupies get tired of hanging out with Skinny Joey who supposedly hasn't done anything since before the turn of the century.

It'll wear off eventually. There are a lot of streetwise Northerners down there, but there are also a lot of wannabes and yokels who've never left the State of Florida. Joey winks at them in in a restaurant and they think they're connected. Until they get jammed up and need a favor. That's when they'll ask him for something in return, and he'll look at them like they have two heads. But let's be honest, they almost deserve it for being so fucking naive. It's like the man said, there's a sucker born every minute.

Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: TommyGambino] #808162
10/13/14 12:23 PM
10/13/14 12:23 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Quote:
=TommyGambino

lol

Chang reading the paper

Probably checking the racing results for Yonkers. smile

Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: NNY78] #808167
10/13/14 12:31 PM
10/13/14 12:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Probably checking the racing results for Yonkers. smile

Nah, Philadelphia Park lol.

Re: Merlino bak to prison ??? [Re: pizzaboy] #808173
10/13/14 12:50 PM
10/13/14 12:50 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy