GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 574 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,121
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,724
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joe Masseria's Caporegimes #806521
10/06/14 08:33 AM
10/06/14 08:33 AM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline OP
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline OP
Underboss
Willenhall
Who were his Capo's around the time of the Castellammare war Luciano and Genovese I know of since Luciano became Underboss when Morello was killed also who else and who was in Luciano's crew?

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806621
10/06/14 03:06 PM
10/06/14 03:06 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Some of Masseria's group leaders were Ruggiero Boiardo, Salvatore Chiri and Guarino Moretti of New Jersey, Frank Iacone of Worchester, Generoso DelDuca, Joseph Lanza, Rocco Pellegrino, Saverio Pollaccia, and Ciro Terranova. There are others but it is hard to say if they were group leaders around this time, or became capos after Masseria was killed or were demoted.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806722
10/06/14 07:52 PM
10/06/14 07:52 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
On one side of the Castellamarese War were the Castellamarese and every boss allied with them.

On the other side was everyone else allied to Joe the Boss. Therefore it is simply a matter of deciding which bosses existed at the time and who were they allied with, Maranzano or Masseria, to determine who was a "Capo" in the Masseria organization. What is a boss today was a lieutenant then, under the boss of bosses.

I think Masseria had his own gang, and then other gangs were allied to him and paid him tribute, such as Al Capone's.

Another kind of Capo Masseria had were the captains/group leaders within his own family. To discover that, someone has to do something very interesting. They need to construct a chart of the old Luciano Family.

Clearly Vito is there. Clearly Costello is there. Clearly Adonis is there.

If the old Corleonesi Clan that lived up in Harlem, the Morellos, were absorbed into Joe the Boss' organization, then you assign a principal to them and then you have another possible Captain in the Masseria organization. Peter Morello? Yes, Bigtime. He was definitely a group leader or leading figure behind Masseria. After he was assassinated, one of the Morello brothers probably took his place and that brother became another of Masseria's chief lietenants or capos if you will.

On a side note, I don't think Lucky Luciano ever held a position in the mafia lower than capo. I think he and his bootlegging operation were absorbed directly into Masseria's conglomerate where Charlie sort of became Masseria's driver, bodyguard, and assistant. Some would say maybe he wasn't Underboss, that Peter Morello was the closest thing to an Underboss in the Masseria mob. But that's why we're here, to find out. Did Underboss even exist at that time, or was it just the most prominent captain in a gang under the Boss? The Castellamarese weren't into bosses and gangs and mobs, but rather family and father. There was no "underfather" in the prehistoric Bonanno Clan. There was just the father.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806736
10/06/14 08:34 PM
10/06/14 08:34 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
The Masseria crime family and the Morello/Terranova one were one and the same. Masseria came after Giuseppe Morello. For various reasons Morello could not become a boss again after he came out of prison, so Masseria succeeded him while Morello advised him. Morello was his underboss, but in many ways "the power behind the throne." Salvatore Pollaccia was Masseria's consigliere. An accurate list of capos is impossible right now because we don't have that information. Luciano, Capone and Ciro Terranova were caporegimes, maybe Vito Genovese and Frank Costello were also. Frank Yale was one.

If you want more I suggest you read this article:
http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/739915

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Faithful1] #806744
10/06/14 08:59 PM
10/06/14 08:59 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
The Masseria crime family and the Morello/Terranova one were one and the same.

The reason I am not sure about that is because the Morello and Terranovas were an actual familial clan. Joe the Boss, so far as we know, was an outsider. Not blood related. Yet they kicked up to him. That makes me think he had people with him who helped him dominate the Morellos and Terranovas. I doubt Joe the Boss was Corleonesi from Corleone, which the Morellos and Terranovas probably were.

What I mean is that there was probably a merger at some point with the corporations being acquired being the Morello and Terranova groups.

The use of the terms gang mob and family are also murky. Maranzano was said to be the one to institute the use or return to usage of the term family to describe a mafia. Before him, supposedly everyone was in a gang or a mob. That's why I use terms like Masseria Gang or Masseria Mob. That would also make the ancient Chicago outfit called the Capone Gang, or Capone Mob. I think I've heard the former somewhere (Capone Gang), not the latter.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Faithful1] #806747
10/07/14 12:33 AM
10/07/14 12:33 AM
Coffeefiltr Offline
Associate
Coffeefiltr  Offline
Associate
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
The Masseria crime family and the Morello/Terranova one were one and the same. Masseria came after Giuseppe Morello. For various reasons Morello could not become a boss again after he came out of prison, so Masseria succeeded him while Morello advised him. Morello was his underboss, but in many ways "the power behind the throne." Salvatore Pollaccia was Masseria's consigliere. An accurate list of capos is impossible right now because we don't have that information. Luciano, Capone and Ciro Terranova were caporegimes, maybe Vito Genovese and Frank Costello were also. Frank Yale was one.

Well, about two years ago I read The First Family by Mike Dash and it had lots of content about what happened.

After Morellos convicton D`Aquila took his place as supreme authority over the fraternity. If I remember correctly Morello was sentenced to death at a fraternity meeting although later revoked, which must have been the reason why he was not allowed to assume his old position.

At the time he came out of prison his halfbrothers, Ciro and Vincenzo, were leading the Morello-Terranova Clan. One of his allies at that time was Umberto Valenti(East Village).

As of Masseria, his connection to Morello could have been a Man named Lima with whom he was arrested in 1907. Note Morellos sister Marie married a man named Giaoacchino Lima.

Basically, Masseria had luck. As Prohibiton started he was the one who profited more than others because his territory happened to be called the Curb Exchange (Kenmare Street, Little Italy).
In 1921 Masserias power was second only to D´Aquila, which is why Morello probably sided with his one time underling.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806753
10/07/14 03:02 AM
10/07/14 03:02 AM
Belfast
O
OC Offline
Wiseguy
OC  Offline
O
Wiseguy
Belfast
Little augie pisano, gyp de Carlo possibly

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Coffeefiltr] #806761
10/07/14 05:53 AM
10/07/14 05:53 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
d'aquila never gets the attention that he should, names like lucky ,massaria, maranzano have the spot light.maybe from movies and press, they were impact guys..but d'aquila was a dominant boss ,close relations with buffalo clev, pitts. detroit ,the whole network..and no picture of him..tough to find..his son died in 2000, another guy who lasted was joe triana..guy went through every war early on ,lived to 100 years old..

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #806770
10/07/14 08:08 AM
10/07/14 08:08 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Quote:

The reason I am not sure about that is because the Morello and Terranovas were an actual familial clan. Joe the Boss, so far as we know, was an outsider. Not blood related. Yet they kicked up to him. That makes me think he had people with him who helped him dominate the Morellos and Terranovas. I doubt Joe the Boss was Corleonesi from Corleone, which the Morellos and Terranovas probably were.

What I mean is that there was probably a merger at some point with the corporations being acquired being the Morello and Terranova groups.

The use of the terms gang mob and family are also murky. Maranzano was said to be the one to institute the use or return to usage of the term family to describe a mafia. Before him, supposedly everyone was in a gang or a mob. That's why I use terms like Masseria Gang or Masseria Mob. That would also make the ancient Chicago outfit called the Capone Gang, or Capone Mob. I think I've heard the former somewhere (Capone Gang), not the latter.

Well, I am sure. Read the article it explains everything.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Coffeefiltr] #806771
10/07/14 08:11 AM
10/07/14 08:11 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Coffeefiltr

Well, about two years ago I read The First Family by Mike Dash and it had lots of content about what happened.

After Morellos convicton D`Aquila took his place as supreme authority over the fraternity. If I remember correctly Morello was sentenced to death at a fraternity meeting although later revoked, which must have been the reason why he was not allowed to assume his old position.

At the time he came out of prison his halfbrothers, Ciro and Vincenzo, were leading the Morello-Terranova Clan. One of his allies at that time was Umberto Valenti(East Village).

As of Masseria, his connection to Morello could have been a Man named Lima with whom he was arrested in 1907. Note Morellos sister Marie married a man named Giaoacchino Lima.

Basically, Masseria had luck. As Prohibiton started he was the one who profited more than others because his territory happened to be called the Curb Exchange (Kenmare Street, Little Italy).
In 1921 Masserias power was second only to D´Aquila, which is why Morello probably sided with his one time underling.

The article goes beyond what Mike Dash wrote in making connections to Italy as well as genealogical relationships. It also makes use of many rare Italian documents and trial transcripts. I like Dash and his book, but this shows the origins of the Five Families like nothing else does.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Faithful1] #806805
10/07/14 10:19 AM
10/07/14 10:19 AM
dominic_calabrese Offline
Made Member
dominic_calabrese  Offline
Made Member
Has anybody read the book by David Critchley, "The Origin of Organized Crime in America, New York City, 1891-1931" -- it is $47 on Amazon, but seems like it could be a very informative read on matters such as this -- wondering if I should part with my money?

http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Organized-C...5883&sr=1-1

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806819
10/07/14 11:04 AM
10/07/14 11:04 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
It's a good book. The softcover is slightly updated so I'd recommend that one. The newest issue of Informer with the most current information is only $5.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Faithful1] #806830
10/07/14 11:31 AM
10/07/14 11:31 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: dominic_calabrese
Has anybody read the book by David Critchley, "The Origin of Organized Crime in America, New York City, 1891-1931" -- it is $47 on Amazon, but seems like it could be a very informative read on matters such as this -- wondering if I should part with my money?

http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Organized-C...5883&sr=1-1

It's a good book. The softcover is slightly updated so I'd recommend that one. The newest issue of Informer with the most current information is only $5.

The book is very informative and a very good read for anyone who´s interested in the early years. But Critchley does not go into "charts" and doesn´t name, for example, who Masseria´s captains were. And who can really blame him? We can only speculate who the captains were because no one has actually figured that out. I totally agree with faithful about the top three guys (Masseria, Morello and Pollaccia). Other captains that are sure bets would be Luciano, Ciro Terranova, Vito Genovese, Carfano and Capone. After that, it becomes uncertain. We really don´t know if Costello was a skipper under Masseria or when for example guys like Mike Miranda, Rocco Pellegrino and Willy Moretti etc were upped. Someone mentioned Gyp DeCarlo. But DeCarlo certainly wasn´t a skipper under Masseria because he wasn´t made yet. Neither was Boiardo.

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806886
10/07/14 02:50 PM
10/07/14 02:50 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Al Capone a captain for Masseria? Because he was inducted by Masseria? So basically Capone was not recognised as an independent boss? Did Capone and his ego agree to being a captain for Masseria as well?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806888
10/07/14 02:55 PM
10/07/14 02:55 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
I forgot about the other gangs allied with Masseria, and yes Capone was a group leader under Masseria in Chicago. HK, Ruggiero Boiardo was a group leader during Masseria's time, I think you are thinking of his son Anthony Boiardo who not made at the time, but later on took over his fathers crew.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #806891
10/07/14 03:08 PM
10/07/14 03:08 PM
dominic_calabrese Offline
Made Member
dominic_calabrese  Offline
Made Member
Where do the Castellano's fit into all of this? That is, weren't the Castellano's established in the mob even before Carlo Gambino came over from Sicily? If so, were they part of the Masseria organization or perhaps a third Sicilian organization?

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806895
10/07/14 03:27 PM
10/07/14 03:27 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Castellano's were under Anastasia, D'Aquila, Mineo, and Scalise in the Gambino family who were with Masseria, Mangano was under Maranzano before the formations of the families. That is why it is hard to do a chart on this of everyone. The Castellano brothers were powerful, but Guiseppe Castellano, father of Paul might have been a group leader, but became a capo at the formation of the families. At the formation of the families, guys switched from other families to a new family. That is why it is a lot of guess work.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #806899
10/07/14 03:41 PM
10/07/14 03:41 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
correct

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #806959
10/08/14 05:18 AM
10/08/14 05:18 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
I forgot about the other gangs allied with Masseria, and yes Capone was a group leader under Masseria in Chicago. HK, Ruggiero Boiardo was a group leader during Masseria's time, I think you are thinking of his son Anthony Boiardo who not made at the time, but later on took over his fathers crew.

During a conversation between Gyp DeCarlo and Sam DeCavalcante, which was secretly taped by the FBI, it was revealed that DeCarlo, Catena, Boiardo and Cy Rega became members of the Luciano Family in or around 1947. The transcripts can be found on Mary Ferrell. Before that, Boiardo was an independent bootlegger and head of his own gang. His son Tony, was made approximately ten years later.

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #806975
10/08/14 08:52 AM
10/08/14 08:52 AM
Belfast
O
OC Offline
Wiseguy
OC  Offline
O
Wiseguy
Belfast
That's great info hairy! Do you know if catena and decarlo were part of a smaller family in Jersey which was absorbed primarily by the Genovese and luchesse families in the 40s-50s?

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: OC] #806978
10/08/14 09:19 AM
10/08/14 09:19 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: OC
That's great info hairy! Do you know if catena and decarlo were part of a smaller family in Jersey which was absorbed primarily by the Genovese and luchesse families in the 40s-50s?

I don´t think so. The Newark Family was disbanded in the mid 1930s and the made members were absorbed by all five NY Families. I think Catena was actually a member of Longy Zwillman´s group before joining the Italians. DeCarlo may have been an early associate of Willy Moretti (Genovese captain) but there is not much info on him before he joined the Mafia. Basically what I know is that he at some point had been an associate of Boiardo but that the two of them had gone seperate ways after a falling out.

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Faithful1] #806980
10/08/14 09:44 AM
10/08/14 09:44 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:

I personally do not feel that this is accurate, for the simple fact that the Morellos and Terranovas were a blood family and Joe the Boss was an outsider, a stranger. There is no reason in the world for them to kick up to one man unless he had other people behind him.

Remember that they were all black handers and into extortion and terrorism. Ignazio Lupo was among them. These people are not easy to break or force them to kick up to anyone. You'd have to be mighty strong to force Ignazio Lupo's people to kick up to you. The Morellos had the murder stables. Before they even met Joe the Boss, they might have disposed of 60 persons.

For Joe the Boss' organization to be one and the same with the Morello/Terranova combine, that means Peter Morello and Ignazio and all the rest of the Corleonesi terrorists were kicking up to one single man, who had no gang of his own.

That's impossible.

I'm sorry, but Critchley and Newark and the rest of them leave a lot of blank areas when writing history from their research, and then they quote baseless anecdote when it suits them (Umberto Valenti killed by Lucky Luciano supposedly). If all anecdote is false, then don't quote it, ever.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #806983
10/08/14 09:59 AM
10/08/14 09:59 AM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

I don´t think so. The Newark Family was disbanded in the mid 1930s and the made members were absorbed by all five NY Families. I think Catena was actually a member of Longy Zwillman´s group before joining the Italians. DeCarlo may have been an early associate of Willy Moretti (Genovese captain) but there is not much info on him before he joined the Mafia. Basically what I know is that he at some point had been an associate of Boiardo but that the two of them had gone seperate ways after a falling out.

De Carlo was once part of the Mazzocchi crew which was a rival gang of Boiardo's during prohibition. As the Mazzocchi brothers were killed off he became part of the Boiardo crew. At that time Moretti and Boiardo were at odds. Moretti was with Longy so was Catena.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfanosgirl] #806991
10/08/14 10:18 AM
10/08/14 10:18 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

De Carlo was once part of the Mazzocchi crew which was a rival gang of Boiardo's during prohibition. As the Mazzocchi brothers were killed off he became part of the Boiardo crew. At that time Moretti and Boiardo were at odds. Moretti was with Longy so was Catena.

Yeah you´re correct AG. I now remember reading about the Mazzocchi gang in In The Godfather Garden by Richard Linnett.

[Linked Image]
Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Alfa Romeo] #806993
10/08/14 10:22 AM
10/08/14 10:22 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Quote:

I personally do not feel that this is accurate, for the simple fact that the Morellos and Terranovas were a blood family and Joe the Boss was an outsider, a stranger. There is no reason in the world for them to kick up to one man unless he had other people behind him.

Remember that they were all black handers and into extortion and terrorism. Ignazio Lupo was among them. These people are not easy to break or force them to kick up to anyone. You'd have to be mighty strong to force Ignazio Lupo's people to kick up to you. The Morellos had the murder stables. Before they even met Joe the Boss, they might have disposed of 60 persons.

For Joe the Boss' organization to be one and the same with the Morello/Terranova combine, that means Peter Morello and Ignazio and all the rest of the Corleonesi terrorists were kicking up to one single man, who had no gang of his own.

That's impossible.

I'm sorry, but Critchley and Newark and the rest of them leave a lot of blank areas when writing history from their research, and then they quote baseless anecdote when it suits them (Umberto Valenti killed by Lucky Luciano supposedly). If all anecdote is false, then don't quote it, ever.

If you want to debate me on this then read the article I referred to in Informer magazine. It proves what I have been saying. Until you go over the facts in that article you don't have a leg to stand on.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Faithful1] #807028
10/08/14 12:21 PM
10/08/14 12:21 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
If you want to debate me on this then read the article I referred to in Informer magazine. It proves what I have been saying. Until you go over the facts in that article you don't have a leg to stand on.

LOL I am not buying your article. I will take your word for it though. No one will be making money off of me. You'll just have to lay out your logic as I have laid out mine. Or give me a link where I don't need to shell out $$$.

PS, let me also make one thing clear. Mob history doesn't interest me as much as mob lore and history mixed together, for the simple fact that we cannot know the real history more than half the time. The government lies, snitches lie, criminals lie, they all lie. History is written by the victors. People who are ONLY interested in established proven mob facts are probably missing out on 99% of the events allude to by the lore. Therefore a writer or writers who limit their writings purely to "FBI reports" and all of that I find to be the most boring of mob writers.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #807047
10/08/14 01:24 PM
10/08/14 01:24 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
$5 is not $$$. The article contains years of research that cost a lot of money, including traveling and visiting archives around the country and copying reams of documents. It's not just my research, but also Angelo Santino and Lennert van't Riet. The measly few dollars doesn't go to us, it helps keep this journal on organized crime and law enforcement alive so it can continue putting out well-researched cutting edge material. If you're too cheap to put out a few dollars to see the material that can answer your questions (plus other high-quality articles), then I'm not going to bother. Five dollars is cheaper than a movie theater ticket or a lunch at most places.

Regarding your second assertion, I don't know of any writer who limits his or her writing to only FBI reports.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Faithful1] #807113
10/08/14 04:05 PM
10/08/14 04:05 PM
atardi Offline
Wiseguy
atardi  Offline
Wiseguy
From the article.

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: atardi] #807118
10/08/14 04:47 PM
10/08/14 04:47 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
That is a beautiful chart and the research done there is commendable.

One point of contention someone like me would have with it is the matter of Gaetano Gagliano, Tommy Lucchese's old skipper.

There was a photo circulated for years that was purported to be that of Gaetano Gagliano, the Boss of the old Gagliano Family, before they became the Lucchese Family.

Now research such as this comes out claiming to clarify history, except the picture they use of the man is of someone completely different, with a different first name.

Not helping the matter is the fact that no one knows exactly when Tommy Lucchese became Boss or when Gagliano died. Was it 1951 or 1953? You'd think we'd have an answer for something as simple as that, but we don't.

I for one am not convinced that the man on that chart, puported to be Gaetano Gagliano, but there called "Tommasso", is the actual Boss of the Gagliano Family. He could be, but I am not convinced. (hint wink )

Re: Joe Masseria's Caporegimes [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #807119
10/08/14 04:55 PM
10/08/14 04:55 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
According to findagrave, Gagliano died on Feb 16th 1951. If you look at the photos it clearly says that on his tombstone.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=18842&PIpi=95391

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull