GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 252 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,662
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Most overrated tourist attractions [Re: Moe_Tilden] #806970
10/08/14 07:07 AM
10/08/14 07:07 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Almost forget trip to Niagra falls. The only thing I liked about it was the maid of the mist ride I like that. You wore raincoats on the boat. The rest was shit. The Canadian side is much nicer then the American side. We had to change hotels the one we stayed at was old and old people stayed there. We were young then I wanted no part of the place.

only the unloved hate
Re: Most overrated tourist attractions [Re: Footreads] #807050
10/08/14 01:35 PM
10/08/14 01:35 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Tavern on the green in central park. Place was crap.

Mama Leone I think it was in the 40s some where. Bad food I went with my wife's friends hate them.

Foot, I went to TotG about twenty years ago. It closed in 2009 and reopened earlier this year. 20 years ago it was an "attraction"; lights, landscaping and I don't recall the food. I went once around Christmas time and the decorations were beyond overdone. I enjoyed it as a NY experience.

Mama Leone was on 8th ave and maybe 45th or 46th St. Way back in 1968 I took my future wife there for dinner. It was our first NYC dinner date and then we saw the re-release of "Gone With the Wind". Back then Mama's was a tourist stop for Eye-talian food in mid-town/theatre district. In the early 80's we took our daughter there for dinner, she was about 3/4 years old. We went to the Christmas Show at Radio City. Those are fond memories for the special events, not the attraction. smile

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Most overrated tourist attractions [Re: Moe_Tilden] #807087
10/08/14 02:50 PM
10/08/14 02:50 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
I'd have to say Disneyland. I can see how Vegas would be a bore if you've already been to AC and are from the east coast.
Las Vegas is only fun when you drive from CA doing what we call "a turn-around". Driving 4 hours one way to state line (usually a lil buzzed cuz u could get away with drinking n driving back in those days, no one was on the road) gambling at either Whiskey Pete's or Prima Donna, if it was winter sometimes there'd be snow on the ground (weird huh) and freezing cold with 40mph winds. Then you'd play at the $2 bj tables "holding" the cards single deck actually winning more hands than losing. By then you'd be so drunk you'd have to go outside in the cold to sober up. You'd get in your car now half bombed (still no one on the road) and you would stop in Baker go to the diner there with all the truckers or stop for fast food in Barstow eat then head back home which was another 3 hours. Those were the days.

Re: Most overrated tourist attractions [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #807142
10/08/14 07:16 PM
10/08/14 07:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Tipping has caught on more here in the UK, but only in restaurants, and only if the service is good. If I go for a meal and the service is crap then it will be a crap tip. If the service is excellent then they get a good tip. As for tipping in bars though, that doesn't happen apart from the odd drunkard buying a pretty barmaid a drink to try nad get his wicked way with her rolleyes

Years ago, National Lampoon (satiric US magazine)had a "comparison" of US vs. European tourists. One entry was what tourists left behind in restaurants. US tourists: expensive sunglasses, tips. European tourists: full ashtrays. lol

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Most overrated tourist attractions [Re: Moe_Tilden] #807156
10/08/14 09:00 PM
10/08/14 09:00 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
First date with my future wife I took her to a place in manhattan called Van rapaport some place like that. We had chateaubriand for two. Small portion the owner Van would come to your table to carve it for you. For what he charged for it over 600 way over 40 yrs ago he should have chewed it for us. After we left we were still hungry?

The copa was expensive but at least you had dinner and a performance show.

We went to see Tony Bennett it was two shows a night. I wanted to stay to see both shows. The fucking waiter was trying to get me to leave to get new money at his table. Normally I would have stuck my fingers in eyes for that. But I did not want to scare my wife especially since we were not married as yet.

So I greased him and we saw the second show. I think I saw Bennet perform 8 times.

only the unloved hate
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull