GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 64 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: mulberry] #803814
09/20/14 07:16 AM
09/20/14 07:16 AM
R
Red_63 Offline
Made Member
Red_63  Offline
R
Made Member
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Serbia has actually a very good and advanced educational system. Many students from all parts of the world come to Serbia to study. And there are a lot of extremely bright Serbian historical figures who has made a great impact over the years. Nikola Tesla comes to mind. I know PB´s joke was well meant because I have had the pleasure to get to know him pretty well these three years I´ve been on here. But I just wanted to set the record straight.

Originally Posted By: mulberry
Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Roy Demeo was born into a well off family.His uncle was atorney,and one was farmasist.

A farmasist? Is that a person who works on a farm?

Moooooooooo blush just kidding " Don't cry outloud!,,,just keep it inside...Chorus 3x just keep it inside....lol

Yeah Your Gangster Alright!!
Keep making excuses on why our country is in bad shape just admit your a hump already
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #803815
09/20/14 07:17 AM
09/20/14 07:17 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Serbia has actually a very good and advanced educational system. Many students from all parts of the world come to Serbia to study. And there are a lot of extremely bright Serbian historical figures who has made a great impact over the years. Nikola Tesla comes to mind. I know PB´s joke was well meant because I have had the pleasure to get to know him pretty well these three years I´ve been on here. But I just wanted to set the record straight.

Thanks, HK. And it WAS a joke. He and I have had some back and forth about Serbia since he signed up, so I thought he'd get the joke.

Anyway, it's not like I pointed out something that's really offensive. You know, like Swedish men and the whole small penis thing. Right?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: pizzaboy] #803816
09/20/14 07:20 AM
09/20/14 07:20 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Thanks, HK. And it WAS a joke. He and I have had some back and forth about Serbia since he signed up, so I thought he'd get the joke.

Anyway, it's not like I pointed out something that's really offensive. You know, like Swedish men and he whole small penis thing. Right?

Where´s your smileys in this one?

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #803818
09/20/14 07:25 AM
09/20/14 07:25 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I was dead serious about that one.

lol lol lol lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: pizzaboy] #803821
09/20/14 07:37 AM
09/20/14 07:37 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

lol lol lol lol

You´re too funny! tongue lol

Just want to add that Serbia has been fighting invaders for centuries, causing tremendous tragedies for so many Serbians. I want you to understand, joking about the misery that country has suffered throughout the years is 1000 x worse than joking about 9/11. Just saying.

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Dellacroce] #803823
09/20/14 07:58 AM
09/20/14 07:58 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Yes 60 LB , confused that with the VB kid

But trust me this was Mickey Mouse , the extent to which they reached out to people to move this small amount guaranteed being a bust , word was everywhere

Even crazier is he touched it , a man of his family stature is not caught with product on em and especially that small of an amount

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: DB] #803832
09/20/14 09:35 AM
09/20/14 09:35 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
60 lbs isn't so bad actually. You can pull in more than 10k profit just with 10 lbs going wholesale. With the price break for buying so many pounds that's easily over 100k profit. But with so much potential cash to be made, he could have had an underling doing the dirty work. And if u know the right people, 60 lbs could be gone in a month just in a local operation. 100k per month ain't bad

**edit- in a place like nyc, forget a month. U could clear that in a week just distributing thru one area in one Boro

Last edited by blacksheep; 09/20/14 09:39 AM.

Make that coffee to go
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #803834
09/20/14 09:59 AM
09/20/14 09:59 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss

lol lol lol lol

Just want to add that Serbia has been fighting invaders for centuries, causing tremendous tragedies for so many Serbians. I want you to understand, joking about the misery that country has suffered throughout the years is 1000 x worse than joking about 9/11. Just saying.
Hairy- Yes Serbia is a tragic situation, but I don't think you will find many red blooded Americans who would agree with you that it is 1000 times worse than the 911 attacks

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: alexandarns] #803835
09/20/14 10:03 AM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Lay off Pizza.What kind of a joke is that,am talking about my parents,thast just bs pizza.You are a nasty person,i wish you dont correspnd with me anymore.

Toughen up

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: bigboy] #803836
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
Originally Posted By: bigboy

lol lol lol lol

Hairy- Yes Serbia is a tragic situation, but I don't think you will find many red blooded Americans who would agree with you that it is 1000 times worse than the 911 attacks

I would agree. 9/11 was a one time deal. It didn't reshape our whole country unless you factor in our loss of privacy and rights. It's worse when it's a long, drawn out violation like some countries suffered. Even greece hasn't been able to get on the same level as the rest of Europe after the turkish occupation and the invasions that followed. I would trade 500 years of slavery and oppression for one 9/11 if given the chance

Make that coffee to go
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: bigboy] #803837
09/20/14 10:05 AM
09/20/14 10:05 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Tragedies are never worth comparing. Ever. And for a lot of Americans---especially those of us who live in New York City, and were here that day---it's honestly the kind of topic that can't be debated rationally. It doesn't belong in this thread anyway.

Moving on . . . .

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: pizzaboy] #803839
09/20/14 10:30 AM
09/20/14 10:30 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

Tragedies are never worth comparing. Ever. And for a lot of Americans---especially those of us who live in New York City, and were here that day---it's honestly the kind of topic that can't be debated rationally. It doesn't belong in this thread anyway.

Moving on . . . .

Yes, let´s move on. I just wanted you guys to understand that making jokes about the misery Serbia has suffered and that misery´s after effects is as bad as me, a Europeean, joking about 9/11. Alex is a Serb (on his father´s side) and I´m sure that he have relatives and/or close friends who lost their lifes during the horrible Balkan wars in the 1990s. That´s all.

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #803841
09/20/14 10:37 AM
09/20/14 10:37 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Moving on . . . .

Yes, let´s move on. I just wanted you guys to understand that making jokes about the misery Serbia has suffered and that misery´s after effects is as bad as me, a Europeean, joking about 9/11. Alex is a Serb (on his father´s side) and I´m sure that he have relatives and/or close friends who lost their lifes during the horrible Balkan wars in the 1990s. That´s all.

Well put, HK.

Now, as for middle class wiseguys who weren't born into the life, there have obviously been a few. But they're few and far between.

It's like I always say, it usually takes a childhood full of poverty to make a true gangster mentality.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #803850
09/20/14 11:52 AM
09/20/14 11:52 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

lol lol lol lol

That's a great point HK. People think their tragedy is worse than someone else's, or they know nothing about the tragedies that others have suffered. A lot of people died in the recent war in the former Yugoslavia, and then they just came out of Communism, before that it was Nazified, and before that they had to deal with Ottoman Turks. To make things even worse, nobody wanted to buy Yugos! smile

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Moe_Tilden] #803870
09/20/14 12:51 PM
09/20/14 12:51 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
would al trucchio be an example? granted his dad was probably in and out of his life, but ronnie trucchio made a lot of money. he'd be an example of a "real" gangster from a middle class background. one of the corrozzos has a kid whos supposed to be involved. not talking about the lawyer.

unless you're talking abiut kids with more of a WASPish upbringing who got into OC. then idk...

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: Faithful1] #803872
09/20/14 01:04 PM
09/20/14 01:04 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
To make things even worse, nobody wanted to buy Yugos! smile

lol I remember an old commercial (I think it was) showing the basketball player Vlade Divac (who´s 7´1) driving the car. They had to remove the front seats in order for him to fit into it. So he sat in the back seat driving it around. That was funny!

[Linked Image]
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: HairyKnuckles] #803876
09/20/14 01:17 PM
09/20/14 01:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
To make things even worse, nobody wanted to buy Yugos! smile

lol I remember an old commercial (I think it was) showing the basketball player Vlade Divac (who´s 7´1) driving the car. They had to remove the front seats in order for him to fit into it. So he sat in the back seat driving it around. That was funny!

Off topic, but Divac was a great ball player. Too bad he played mostly for the Lakers lol.

Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: NickyEyes1] #803931
09/20/14 08:05 PM
09/20/14 08:05 PM
R
Red_63 Offline
Made Member
Red_63  Offline
R
Made Member
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Lay off Pizza.What kind of a joke is that,am talking about my parents,thast just bs pizza.You are a nasty person,i wish you dont correspnd with me anymore.

Toughen up

lol

Yeah Your Gangster Alright!!
Keep making excuses on why our country is in bad shape just admit your a hump already
Re: Mobsters from middle/upper classes [Re: pizzaboy] #803940
09/20/14 10:47 PM
09/20/14 10:47 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
it's honestly the kind of topic that can't be debated rationally.

Moving on . . . .

This.

Debating emotional tragedies is something that can never be resolved with cool heads.

Best to respect, sympathise and move on.

Like the man says above.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull