GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Lou_Para, 2 invisible), 213 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,942
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,340
Posts1,058,932
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: HairyKnuckles] #801779
09/09/14 06:14 PM
09/09/14 06:14 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline OP
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline OP
Underboss
Quote:
Who was this mobster you said was fed into a meat grinder?

On page 25 of World's Greatest True Crime, the event is mentioned, but no name is given.

The crime committed by this individual is that he tried to seduce the wives of mobsters who were in jail. Carlo couldn't just order a hit. He had to make it gruesome or he'd look weak and endanger himself.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: HairyKnuckles] #801784
09/09/14 06:28 PM
09/09/14 06:28 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline OP
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline OP
Underboss
Quote:
Carlo´s power mostly came from his closeness to Tommy Lucchese and Vito Genovese. He also had close relatives who were/had been powers within not only the American Mafia, but also among the Mafia element in Sicly.

I'm aware of that. Carlo had blood and familial connections to about 4 Mafia families in Sicily. The Gambinos, the Inzerillos, the Spatollas, and the Di Maggios. So those people were probably sending him heroin, and he was their point man, cousin, and distributor in the States. A very powerful position, similar to Lucky Luciano's positioning between the Mafia and the Jewish Mob of Meyer Lansky. Then when Lucky was deported to Italy, he also had the Sicilian mobs behind him (aka the Cupola/Italian Commission). When a man is that connected, that's what you call a thoroughly dangerous man.

PS I think Lucchese benefited more by being connected to Carlo than vice versa. IMHO Vito was a brute unibrow. Vito's power came from just the fact that he was brutal and inspired loyalty due to it. But in retrospect it seems like all of the most important Bosses were against him. I can't think of anyone standing behind Vito that lent him authority. Vito's authority was self derived in a sense.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #801871
09/10/14 08:53 AM
09/10/14 08:53 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Quote:
Carlo´s power mostly came from his closeness to Tommy Lucchese and Vito Genovese. He also had close relatives who were/had been powers within not only the American Mafia, but also among the Mafia element in Sicly.

I'm aware of that. Carlo had blood and familial connections to about 4 Mafia families in Sicily. The Gambinos, the Inzerillos, the Spatollas, and the Di Maggios. So those people were probably sending him heroin, and he was their point man, cousin, and distributor in the States. A very powerful position, similar to Lucky Luciano's positioning between the Mafia and the Jewish Mob of Meyer Lansky. Then when Lucky was deported to Italy, he also had the Sicilian mobs behind him (aka the Cupola/Italian Commission). When a man is that connected, that's what you call a thoroughly dangerous man.

PS I think Lucchese benefited more by being connected to Carlo than vice versa. IMHO Vito was a brute unibrow. Vito's power came from just the fact that he was brutal and inspired loyalty due to it. But in retrospect it seems like all of the most important Bosses were against him. I can't think of anyone standing behind Vito that lent him authority. Vito's authority was self derived in a sense.

Lucchese was a powerful mafia figure long before Gambino was even on the radar. He was underboss when Gambino's feet were still wet. Tommy Gambino's marriage to Lucchese's daughter gave a piece of the garment district and JFK to the Gambinos. It previously belong to the Luccheses.

Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #801873
09/10/14 09:08 AM
09/10/14 09:08 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
I agree tommy had the unions long before Carlo.His men loved him,he was just as smart or even smarter than Carlo.Died relativly young in 1967.Luciano always said that tommy was a better killer than Anastasia

Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #801874
09/10/14 09:16 AM
09/10/14 09:16 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
that's interesting that Gambino would be more powerful because of the luccheses family. as far as jfk airport goes, that belonged to the lucchese family. paul vario, jimmy burke, and their crews owned jfk.the garment district was always a lucchese stronghold. you seem to know the lucchese family very well.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #801876
09/10/14 09:25 AM
09/10/14 09:25 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Do anybody of you guys know how many soldiers did the lucchese's have in time of death of tommy lucchese?was it bigger than gambino's?

Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: alexandarns] #801885
09/10/14 10:35 AM
09/10/14 10:35 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Romeo
Quote:

Lucchese was a powerful mafia figure long before Gambino was even on the radar. He was underboss when Gambino's feet were still wet. Tommy Gambino's marriage to Lucchese's daughter gave a piece of the garment district and JFK to the Gambinos. It previously belong to the Luccheses.

Absolutely! Also keep in mind that Tommy Lucchese was the major supporter of Gambino being appointed the new boss after the Ananstasia hit. Lucchese was sucha freaking sneaker that he let others do his talking on the Commission. No doubt was he a master manipulator.

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Do anybody of you guys know how many soldiers did the lucchese's have in time of death of tommy lucchese?was it bigger than gambino's?

The Gambino Family was bigger in size.

[Linked Image]
Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: mulberry] #801935
09/10/14 12:57 PM
09/10/14 12:57 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline OP
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline OP
Underboss
Quote:

I am of the opinion that Carlo was chosen to be of greater importance than Tommy Lucchese because of his pedigree. Tommy wasn't a relative of the Heroin smuggling families of Sicily. Carlo was. I believe Carlo's pedigree played a part into why he was installed as Boss after the hit against Anastasia.

So Carlo was mafia royalty, Tommy originally was not, in my humble opinion. By intermarrying with Carlo's family, Tommy became mafia royalty.

Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #803378
09/17/14 02:26 PM
09/17/14 02:26 PM
South Carolina
C
Christy_Tic Offline
Made Member
Christy_Tic  Offline
C
Made Member
South Carolina
luchese was a top guy in his family for forty years. He was definetly a big hitter even arrested on suspicion of murder. The lucheses never wise were smaller than manganos but the luchese influence per soldier was the highest among all 5. Tommy owned the garment center, JFK and had Long Island locked down. Gambino inherited his power from the contributions of Anastasia and his ownership of the docks and longshoreman. It was tommy who helped install gambino and if not for becoming terminally ill he would of been the top man in ny in the 70s. After luchese died, gambino parlayed all his connections and influence w others to become the strongest don. Carlo was power hungry which luchese was not. Luchese def one of the top 3 influential gangsters in NYC history along w Costello and gambino. Def no arguement there

Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: Christy_Tic] #804331
09/23/14 04:24 PM
09/23/14 04:24 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline OP
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline OP
Underboss
Quote:
luchese was a top guy in his family for forty years. He was definetly a big hitter even arrested on suspicion of murder. The lucheses never wise were smaller than manganos but the luchese influence per soldier was the highest among all 5. Tommy owned the garment center, JFK and had Long Island locked down. Gambino inherited his power from the contributions of Anastasia and his ownership of the docks and longshoreman. It was tommy who helped install gambino and if not for becoming terminally ill he would of been the top man in ny in the 70s. After luchese died, gambino parlayed all his connections and influence w others to become the strongest don. Carlo was power hungry which luchese was not. Luchese def one of the top 3 influential gangsters in NYC history along w Costello and gambino. Def no arguement there

On a side note, I read somewhere that even though Lucchese and his family ran the garmet district, that they were only supervising for the rest of the families. Meaning, the Lucchese's ran it, but the monies flowed upwards to the Commission and were split among the Bosses and maybe their administrations. This will lead to my next post, about Boss of Bosses. Hope to see you and everyone else there.

Re: Do Bosses Whack Guys Themselves? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #860880
09/22/15 05:21 PM
09/22/15 05:21 PM
D
donplugconnected Offline
Made Member
donplugconnected  Offline
D
Made Member
some do while others don't. i mean at the boss of the family level yea al capone did BUT i think it was more of an example to keep his people as well as his enemies in line. obviously though they don't kill everyone they want dead.

ma tongue hold life my belt hold death.
make em bite the dust when they hit the floor.
4-5 to there chest us folk from gangsterbb aint playing.
we smoke everyone in this b word like a hookah now.
stupid steve hit the corner shooting.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull