GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,185
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,916
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: stern49] #831113
03/01/15 05:36 AM
03/01/15 05:36 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
I always wondered if stanfa played a part in that. Or at least knew it was coming. You have to think if he was his driver then he was at least somewhat close to Bruno. I was shocked that nothing ever came of stanfa from that incident.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: PhillyMob] #831116
03/01/15 05:54 AM
03/01/15 05:54 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: PhillyMob
I always wondered if stanfa played a part in that. Or at least knew it was coming. You have to think if he was his driver then he was at least somewhat close to Bruno. I was shocked that nothing ever came of stanfa from that incident.

You gotta wonder.

One might wonder if he was allowed to live because he was made privy to the decision to whack the don and consented to it somehow. He was not whacked that day, or thereafter, so it is definitely suspect.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: PhillyMob] #831117
03/01/15 06:03 AM
03/01/15 06:03 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: PhillyMob
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: pmac
Scarfo told everyone he was a greedy guy always keeping for himself. And he approved 3 hits for scarfo from 75 till he died. The crooked judge that contractor and his old bar partner. Wasn't that nice. Let the gambino brothers unload tons of herion in philly. He was like all the other bosses. Read when the books open he didn't make many guys. Likely to keep more pieces of the pie for himself.

And all these people say that Bruno did not like Nick ,not true and he was never banished to A.C.Bruno was close to Nick for what ever reasons.
The people that said this were news people half ass rats who did not know the real reasons.Look at the actions not the lies.

I'm curious serp maybe you can help me out pal. I think it's the mobsters episode where they say that Bruno hands Scarfo ten paper clips because that's all he is worth is ten paper clips. When they were in jail together.
They all make it like Bruno hated him. I was always curious about that relationship.

Understood ,who said that ? who are they ? I am telling you from just what I seen with my eyes is diff. But these guys kill each other also.
Trace down who said that paperclip thing and see, I say that sounds like it sells papers or make TV shows....
Philly you know I don't read the papers and post whats on TV shows, so you really think Bruno if he did have those feelings would do THAT ....I say look at the actions over that next 10 or so years how Bruno was close to him.
Yea he was the boss and tried to move in on things but this is what they do ,you start a racket and if it is good it is the family's ,but if it is shit they say this is your baby....
I say the proof is in the actions,thats all for all I know Bruno may wanted him dead...
But his actions said diff and he even gave the green light for him to kill a Judge just sayin..

Last edited by Serpiente; 03/01/15 06:21 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: stern49] #831198
03/01/15 07:28 PM
03/01/15 07:28 PM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
Yea that's true serp. I think it was judge Helfant I believe. Something like that. But with stanfa you would have thought that he would have been killed as well. I guess we will never know.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: stern49] #831222
03/02/15 05:18 AM
03/02/15 05:18 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I I think he was spared by the New York family or families that were really behind the killing.... or he just got lucky , guys are getting older we may never find out

Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: stern49] #831228
03/02/15 06:13 AM
03/02/15 06:13 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
I was always interested in Bruno/Scarfo relationship. In the 1980 PA crime commission report, there is a wiretap transcript of Charlie Allen, who was an associate of bruno involved in dirty work. Now, before we get nuts here, this Allen guy went into Witsec and was later convicted of raping his stepdaughter. I don't believe Bruno was a robin hood; I believe he was as devious as any other mobster. He was low-key.

Back to Allen wiretap. He says that the family split right down the middle with Chickie Narducci and Phil Testa on one side and Angelo on the other. Leonetti touches on this in his book, saying Scarfo told Bruno, when Bruno came down to AC to ask him whose side he would be on, and Scarfo replied "one family, no sides". So, there was friction there. Testa was definitely into drugs, he had a 1974 heroin charge. And so was Tony Bananas. Apparently, Bruno was too, thru Long John and the Cherry HIll Gambinos, he just didn't share the profits.

I also read in another document, which I thought was credible, that Scarfo caught some irish guy watching him on Georgia Avenue. He knew the guy was a Bruno Associate and he told Bruno he would kill the fucking guy if he saw him again.

Bruno knew Scarfo was very capable, had a lot of friends in the family, and knew a lot of people in NYC, etc., through Jail, SKinny Razor, and others. There were 3 or 4 Picolos in the Bruno Family at the time and Scarfo was aligned with Testa.

As for the Stanfa thing, the only thing I read was that Barracuda Sindone and either Johnny Keys or Bananas Brother in-law went to see him in the hospital the day or night after the shooting and they were speaking. Leonetti's book gives reasons for him being spared.

Like Serp says, we may never know.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: stern49] #831247
03/02/15 08:56 AM
03/02/15 08:56 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I have never had mob info ,I was not ever involved in there Bizz.But over herd many things .Thing is Bruno had a house here and was around often who knows what was what.
The big thing was the Sicilian /Calabrian thing is the factor in all of the Philly mob always has been.I know everyone calls Nick sr. crazy for the way he did things(Murders) but the reason was just that .The two factions,and all the deceit going way back.They have always been killing each other cos of it.He really was just a product of the Philly bosses before him.This is why he broke them all.
Testa did not get along with Bruno,I know this sounds crazy but true.Well in the very beginning they did.
This is where all the deceit came from the rest was $$$$$$.
I do believe that Bruno kept Nick close for that reason and all the things NickyWip said..
And the Irish guy story ,that is true and it was high alert on georgia ave and most of us got the word trickle down effect .That stuff was leaked .But not all the stuff I wish I had the answers for.

Last edited by Serpiente; 03/03/15 07:10 AM.

Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: stern49] #831328
03/02/15 11:01 PM
03/02/15 11:01 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Wasn't Bruno out on bail for Rico shit. Think him harry hunch Joe Chang and a few others pat spirito all got indicted in 1980 and it all went to hell. In the end only Joe Chang and harry went to trial everyone else was murder.harry and Joe were found guilty so I'm guessing Bruno would have to. Just wonder what the case was on Bruno. Think it was loan sharking n gambling. Bruno put 2 guys under him that didn't have his best intentions. Tony n testa. Maybe he was slipping cause bambino was gone. Why didn't he break testa. I think tony c just was devious and greedy. And he just waited his turn he probably would have been boss or testas under. They were realty screwy 3. Think the NY family's were putting them against each other for a bigger piece of a.c. and in the end it worked. All 5 families just stroled in probably riggi to

Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: stern49] #831346
03/03/15 06:59 AM
03/03/15 06:59 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Sorry to get off topic : P-Mac check your PM

Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: stern49] #831348
03/03/15 07:14 AM
03/03/15 07:14 AM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
WTF Serp. How you gonna cut everyone else out of the conversation and PM the PMAC?? Fuckers. Lol. I gotta take a dump anyhow.

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: Was Angelo Bruno really a Robin Hood type boss? [Re: NickyWhip] #831349
03/03/15 07:23 AM
03/03/15 07:23 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
WTF Serp. How you gonna cut everyone else out of the conversation and PM the PMAC?? Fuckers. Lol. I gotta take a dump anyhow.

I sent it to you get back to me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull