GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Captbony1999, 1 invisible), 228 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Which Hit Bigger, Galante Or Anastasia? [Re: mikeyballs211] #899907
11/27/16 07:31 PM
11/27/16 07:31 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Did Galante really die with a cigar in his mouth or did Joe Coffey put it there?

Cos I gotta say. If someone put it there it kinda takes away from the impact of that famous picture.

It is probably the most iconic mafia related picture ever taken.

I'm reading the Coffey Files right now. He didn't put it there.

Joe Coffey addressed the cigar in his book. He says it was proven that Galante had the cigar in his mouth at the moment the killers started shooting. When Joe Coffey arrived on the scene, Galante was already removed from Joe and Mary's.

Alfa- how do u like Coffeys book? I got it for my 30th and read it over the summer I really liked it..good info in there about That Lucchese chop shop bust, but im blanking wasnt that Paul or Babe Vario involved?

Hi Mikey, I'm enjoying Joe's book a great deal. The book is an easy read, unlike Sixth Family which reads like a word puzzle.

This book hits the right spot. If you really really enjoy reading, this is your book. It's down to earth and has many strange surprises that are better than fiction.

I was fascinated to learn that Joe Coffey preferred tea.

While him and The Coffey Gang were staking out gangsters, everybody would be plunking down cup after cup of coffee. Joe had tea instead.

The Vatican stuff is mind boggling!

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Which Hit Bigger, Galante Or Anastasia? [Re: Iceman999] #900098
11/30/16 02:22 AM
11/30/16 02:22 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
I've read all the "Galante wasn't Boss" things, but I disagree. For a few reasons. Ask Joey Massino who presided over his making ceremony. He will tell you Carmine Galante made him. If he wasn't the Boss what business did he have making guys? Did Rastelli give Carmine permission to make guys? I think not because Galante didn't have to ask. My second reason. If the Bonanno Family wanted to take out a Captain why did they have to go to the Commission for the Galante hit? It's in house. If Rastelli was Boss and had an acting all he would have to do was give the order from prison. Commission rules are to take out a Boss you need Commission approval. Galante was the Boss therefore they sought out the Commissions approval to hit Galante, which they received. Which proves Galante was a Boss or the Commission approval wouldn't have been needed.

As far as whose was the biggest hit, it was the Anastasia hit hands down.

Last edited by yatescj7; 11/30/16 02:28 AM.
Re: Which Hit Bigger, Galante Or Anastasia? [Re: Iceman999] #900129
11/30/16 12:30 PM
11/30/16 12:30 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Good points regarding Galante, yates...

Re: Which Hit Bigger, Galante Or Anastasia? [Re: Iceman999] #900239
12/01/16 12:23 PM
12/01/16 12:23 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
@Yates, Very good points, bud.

Galante wasn't a renegade captain, and I don't know why people believe that. He had power equal to Rastelli, so he was effectively the Boss or Acting persay.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 12/01/16 12:23 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Which Hit Bigger, Galante Or Anastasia? [Re: yatescj7] #900478
12/03/16 11:12 AM
12/03/16 11:12 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
I've read all the "Galante wasn't Boss" things, but I disagree. For a few reasons. Ask Joey Massino who presided over his making ceremony. He will tell you Carmine Galante made him. If he wasn't the Boss what business did he have making guys? Did Rastelli give Carmine permission to make guys? I think not because Galante didn't have to ask. My second reason. If the Bonanno Family wanted to take out a Captain why did they have to go to the Commission for the Galante hit? It's in house. If Rastelli was Boss and had an acting all he would have to do was give the order from prison. Commission rules are to take out a Boss you need Commission approval. Galante was the Boss therefore they sought out the Commissions approval to hit Galante, which they received. Which proves Galante was a Boss or the Commission approval wouldn't have been needed.

As far as whose was the biggest hit, it was the Anastasia hit hands down.

Hi there Yates. The fact that Galante's enemies sought commission approval to take him out does not necessarily mean he was a boss.

Galante's position before he went to prison was Underboss I believe. He was probably Underboss while he was away, and when he came back. Underbosses are also members of the Commission. Therefore permission had to be sought to take Galante out because he was a member of the Commission, not because he was definitely a boss.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull