GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 124 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,319
Posts1,058,495
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #795322
08/11/14 02:47 PM
08/11/14 02:47 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Ivy the FBI press realese does say that, “We had a sense they were an organization, but we were surprised at how aggressively they challenged New York’s Italian organized crime families,” said the FBI case agent assigned to the investigation. “They started taking territory, beating up ‘made men.’

So they can't be Greek guys. So who are these "made guys" they are talking about?

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #795580
08/12/14 08:59 PM
08/12/14 08:59 PM
C
conopizza Offline
Button
conopizza  Offline
C
Button
Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
Casa Rosa (384 Court Street Brooklyn) - Punchy Illiano/Genovese family

Isn't Punchy dead also? I thought he just died

I'm late on this but yes, Punchy died a few months back, funeral at St Stephen on Summit Street, same RC church with famous photo of Anthony Anastasio funeral.

Also, Casa Rosa closed at the end of last year; not the best Brooklyn red sauce joint, not even the best in the 'hood but still a welcome throwback.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/casa-rosa-carroll-gardens-closes-article-1.1562745

Marco Polo at Court & Union is still there and though 'connected' there's too many scumbag politicians there for my taste.

Frost is still open in the formerly Italian section of Williamsburg, just around a cpl corners from Sonny Black's place on Graham Ave--

http://frostrestaurant.com

LOTS of Italian closures in that 'hood over the last 15 years and though vestiges do remain... hell, there were still a couple Italian cafes (though one might have been half-Romanian spillover from Ridgewood?) in Bushwick 10 years ago...

Last edited by conopizza; 08/13/14 06:36 AM.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: conopizza] #795590
08/12/14 09:54 PM
08/12/14 09:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: conopizza
LOTS of Italian closures in that 'hood over the last 15 years

What else is new?

The old Italian places in the boroughs are on their last legs. Italian food is still among the most popular in the city, but the old time neighborhood places are disappearing fast.

The newer Italian restaurants are mostly trendy places run by pasty-faced, culinary grads with names like Brad and Hunter whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #795632
08/13/14 06:24 AM
08/13/14 06:24 AM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Hey PB where you been,check your PM

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #795636
08/13/14 06:46 AM
08/13/14 06:46 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member
Just got back from Connecticut visiting my in laws. My wife's grandma lives in Westchester, NY and we ate at this restaurant...it was fantastic:

http://www.tarrylodge.com/home.cfm

Uncle Charlie once said; "Don't get into pissing matches with skunks."
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: 22] #795637
08/13/14 06:47 AM
08/13/14 06:47 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: 22
Hey PB where you been,check your PM

We just got back from ten days in the Keys on Sunday. But I'll check right now smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Beanshooter] #795724
08/13/14 11:14 AM
08/13/14 11:14 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Ivy the FBI press realese does say that, “We had a sense they were an organization, but we were surprised at how aggressively they challenged New York’s Italian organized crime families,” said the FBI case agent assigned to the investigation. “They started taking territory, beating up ‘made men.’

So they can't be Greek guys. So who are these "made guys" they are talking about?

This topic about the Rudaj organization has been discussed and debates in length over the years on various forums. I've read as much as I could find about it. And, in all that I've read, I've never been able to find any specific names mentioned of made guys they assaulted. Just allegations that grew more outlandish with time. First, it was slapping around made guys. Then it was slapping them around, stripping them naked, and throwing them out in the street. You can read the indictment of the group and they did move in on two clubs in Queens - both run by Greeks that were affiliated with the Lucchese and Gambino families. It was an affront to the mob, to be sure, but there is no mention of made guys being there. In hindsight, both the media and even the feds put a lot of hype into these guys. It's the "ethnic succession" theory in organized crime that journalists love to play up. It may make for a good read but, as we've seen, it doesn't actually work out as they predict. The Rudaj gang was hardly the "sixth family" they wanted to be or others claimed they were. They were basically put out of commission with a single indictment.

Below is an anecdotal account of things by some posters on on other forums -

Quote:
Nardino “Lenny” Colotti had been a Gambino associate for years, working under soldier Phil “Skinny Phil” Loscalzo in the Morris Park area of the Bronx. When Skinny Phil died, Lenny was put under Joseph Gambino, who was active on Arthur Avenue. Lenny was unhappy because he was never made. Lenny was close with a number of Albanians, including Alex Rudaj, Nikola Dedaj, and others. He and the Albanians got into a confrontation where he “raised hands” to some made Gambino guys. Anyone who knows mob protocol knows this is a big no no. Lenny was called on the carpet by Joe Gambino and basically told that he was cut off and on his own. This is where they decided they were going to try and take things over for themselves. Some gambling spots and outlets for video poker machines in the Bronx, Westchester, and Queens. Some of these places were connected to Joe and Sal Gambino, the Mascias, and others who were all relatives of Carlo Gambino and Paul Castellano. These guys were old time “zips” and multi-millionaires. They also weren’t very well liked by the Gotti faction of the family, who was currently in power. Lenny and Rudaj knew this, as well as the fact that old Gambino guys who were multi-millionaires with legit property would not think it was worth it to go to war with a bunch of crazy Albanians who had nothing to lose over some coffee shops and a few joker poker machines. This emboldened them to start making moves.

When the Rudaj guys pistol-whipped some Greek guys that ran the gambling club in Astoria, Queens for the Lucchese family, the Luccheses didn’t react because the whole scene was already too hot. The FBI had already begun investigating the Rudaj gang. Even though it is one of the smaller families, the Luccheses have a lot of “shooters,” i.e. members capable of murder. In fact, the Luccheses have more killers than the entire Rudaj gang had members. But because of the law enforcement heat, the Luccheses decided to just wait it out. Not too long afterwards, the Rudaj gang assaulted a guy who was running another gambling club in Queens that had been recently opened by the Gambinos. This is what led to the meeting at the gas station in New Jersey. Led by Gambino member Arnold “Zeke” Squitieri, the Gambinos had about 30 guys there, all armed to the teeth with guns, bats, and other weapons. The Rudaj guys were greatly outnumbered but stood their ground. When the two groups couldn’t come to an agreement, things got heated, and Squitieri pointed a gun at Rudaj. In response, one of Rudaj’s men pointed his shotgun at a gas pump and threatened to blow everyone up. Squitieri thought the Rudaj guys just might be crazy enough to do it and told his guys to back off, ending the meeting.

Even though the Rudaj guys were acting like cowboys, they knew their limits. As said, they went after places belonging to some old Gambino zips that weren’t very well liked in the family and were basically near retirement. The guys they went after in Queens were Greeks, not Italians. This was during the time when the Gambino family was fractured and not operating as a single unit, but more as a group of scattered crews. However, there were clubs in the Bronx run by other Gambino captains, like Vinny Artuso and Sal Locascio, that the Rudaj gang didn’t touch. And they didn’t dare go near the Genovese and Bonanno clubs in the area. The whole incident at Rao’s was seen as a total joke. Nobody took it seriously. In any event, it wasn’t long before the Rudaj crew got indicted. Lenny, Rudaj, and the other top leaders of the gang got prison sentences ranging from 22 to 27 years each. As usually happens, all the property the Rudaj guys had amassed on Arthur Avenue, Crescent Avenue, Morris Park, and City Island got taken by the government and sold at auction. Their families weren’t left with anything. There are still Albanians around but they are a lot more low key and in the shadows than when the Rudaj guys were running wild. They’re into things like burglaries, video poker machines, and other relatively small time stuff. A lot of them still work for the Italian crime families. Many Albanians spend a few years in Italy before immigrating to the United States. That’s where they have developed connections with the Italians.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/13/14 11:16 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: IvyLeague] #795727
08/13/14 11:21 AM
08/13/14 11:21 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Thank you Ivy for the response. I appreciate it!

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: IvyLeague] #795728
08/13/14 11:23 AM
08/13/14 11:23 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The Rudaj gang was hardly the "sixth family" they wanted to be or others claimed they were. They were basically put out of commission with a single indictment.

That was my point, Ivy. Five guys get thirty years and they're all out of business. Hardly the revolving door that the American Mafia is wink.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #795772
08/13/14 12:55 PM
08/13/14 12:55 PM
C
ChrissyScars Offline
Wiseguy
ChrissyScars  Offline
C
Wiseguy
http://pagesix.com/2014/08/13/frankie-gi...9193.1391534018

lol... might be one more open seat at Rao's

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5