GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 243 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,312
Posts1,058,402
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: DallasConnected] #794522
08/07/14 07:24 AM
08/07/14 07:24 AM
C
ChrissyScars Offline
Wiseguy
ChrissyScars  Offline
C
Wiseguy
does anyone know if there are any young guys in Cleveland? or is it down to the old school guys, and once they're gone... LCN is gone too?

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #794523
08/07/14 07:29 AM
08/07/14 07:29 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Bugsyvegas1930
Originally Posted By: DoctorTwink
Mayfield Little Italy still has great restaurants and quite a few former associates, bookmakers and Joe Iacobacci still frequents Nido Italia. Mama Santo's pizza there is legendary.

What about Youngstown and all the cities or towns around it? I'm sure there's still stuff going on there with associates/former associates who get into illegal gambling, betting, or bookmaking as it's been around there for a very long time.

There is definitely some illegal gambling going on with former associates, but not affiliated with Cleveland or Pittsburgh any longer. After the Strollo enterprise came down in 1999 with 72 convictions and after the death of Mike Genovese in Pittsburgh back in 2006, nothing more than some independent associates making book for themselves. Not nearly to the extent of what it was. Friend of a Henry could verify that as well.

Only because you asked:

The beginning of the end of the Pittsburgh/Youngstown LCN started with the incarceration of Jo Jo Pecora from 1979-1983. This led to John LaRocca promoting Michael Genovese his successor. instead of Jo Jo who would have been his choice. John died in 1984. Thus Michael was Boss.

Michael's desire for the abundance of available drug money let to his promotion of Chuckie Porter to Under-boss. Chuckie rolled-over in 1990 and the end was in sight.

Henry Zottola, was the last of Jo Jo's original Crew. Although he never wanted the notarity of being a "Made Man", he agreed to Michael's demand when it became apparent that Lenny Strollo was going off the rails in Youngstown. Lenny then answered to him directly. Zebo died in 1998.

Lenny rolled-over in 1999 and the end was in clear view.

IMHO Pittsburgh/Youngstown LCN, as we grew-up knowing and respecting, died in 2002 with Charlie Murgie.

A few months ago I was with an "old friend", a former employee of Joey Naples. He thought that if there was anyone left with any authority it would be Bobby I. I sincerely doubt that anyone of any authority, at least as we knew it, is left ;-(

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #794568
08/07/14 10:41 AM
08/07/14 10:41 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
I think JCB posts on Black Hand under the same moniker.

he also posts here under bugsyvegas1930. shhh

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: ChrissyScars] #794578
08/07/14 11:13 AM
08/07/14 11:13 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: ChrissyScars
does anyone know if there are any young guys in Cleveland? or is it down to the old school guys, and once they're gone... LCN is gone too?

LCN has been gone in Cleveland since around 1994.

Uncle Charlie once said; "Don't get into pissing matches with skunks."
Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Spadine] #794642
08/07/14 05:46 PM
08/07/14 05:46 PM
S
Sinito Offline
Wiseguy
Sinito  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Good stuff, Spadine.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Spadine] #794657
08/07/14 06:34 PM
08/07/14 06:34 PM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Spadine
Loose becoming boss was a decision made , w/ input & Approval from affiliated families . This was to be until cleve would choose their man . Everyone has opinions ,so you have yours. It is odd to me that there are still about 10 to 15 names not mentioned on here by any of you . This also does NOT mean they are made - but just not mentioned . They are very significant as to cleve lcn . Again , they are not made except for a few of them . A good Friend once told me this" if someone does not know , Don't be the one to tell them ." Also there are somethings I can not say- in order to not give myself up . I did not say cleve is smarter , but they have learned & practice the principals of low key & under the radar . Their $$$$$ is well invested & thru some legit & very lucrative businesses.All are aware & very cautious as to all the rats around here from lonardo to -------- up to now .They have many affiliates in florida ,vegas , calif,ny & Chicago .buffalo & pitts R questionable as to certain members .As im sure you know very well " if " you know anything , Loose screwed up alot of relationships - as to his fuck you approach . That Is why RJP is calling the shots .there was alot of mending to do over the years . I look forward to feedback & info on this . Hoping others w/ true knowledge can add in or shed light & even some unmentioned topics .

"Loose becoming boss was a decision made?" By whom? By that time, Chicago did not make decisions for Cleveland, we're talking about the mid to late 1990's after Peanuts. Chicago and New York were all removed from making those decisions for the smaller Midwest families. Now, I do believe that a "few" Chicago and Cleveland soldiers still did some business, but there has never been any documentation of a meeting between DiFronzo and Loose or RJ. I truly respect your knowledge Spadine, you definitely know quite a bit but I can tell you with 100% certainty that nobody looked at him as a boss of a family. Loose was never reported or observed meeting with a boss of another family, which is a big indicator that none of his counterparts viewed him or Cleveland as a family anymore. I do believe he had the support of associates in Cleveland, but at that time, he and RJ were the last and only two soldiers that were made by Angelo Lonardo in his short stint as acting boss after Licavoli got sent away. They were the last two soldiers who happened to made by the respected, old guard in the end stage of the Cleveland Family, as they were both made in 1982 and Lonardo was indicted in 1983. Most of the other guys and entire upper echelon were in the can. I believe Loose may have some schemes and some gambling, but on a much smaller scale. Also, from my understanding, RJ is pretty legit working as a broker in his brother's real estate business. It wouldn't shock me if he possibly may have a piece of the gambling, fronting the $$ for a few bookies...but he's in his mid 70's and if he threatened anybody, somebody would run right to the FBI. Again, I truly respect your knowledge and your connections to a few people. If other bosses around the country didn't bother to acknowledge him, then even if he allegedly made some guys, are they really recognized as friends of ours. This is a shaky topic, I hope you see my points.

Last edited by Bugsyvegas1930; 08/07/14 06:41 PM.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #794663
08/07/14 07:15 PM
08/07/14 07:15 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Loose becoming boss was a decision made , w/ input & Approval from affiliated families . This was to be until cleve would choose their man . Everyone has opinions ,so you have yours. It is odd to me that there are still about 10 to 15 names not mentioned on here by any of you . This also does NOT mean they are made - but just not mentioned . They are very significant as to cleve lcn . Again , they are not made except for a few of them . A good Friend once told me this" if someone does not know , Don't be the one to tell them ." Also there are somethings I can not say- in order to not give myself up . I did not say cleve is smarter , but they have learned & practice the principals of low key & under the radar . Their $$$$$ is well invested & thru some legit & very lucrative businesses.All are aware & very cautious as to all the rats around here from lonardo to -------- up to now .They have many affiliates in florida ,vegas , calif,ny & Chicago .buffalo & pitts R questionable as to certain members .As im sure you know very well " if " you know anything , Loose screwed up alot of relationships - as to his fuck you approach . That Is why RJP is calling the shots .there was alot of mending to do over the years . I look forward to feedback & info on this . Hoping others w/ true knowledge can add in or shed light & even some unmentioned topics .

"Loose becoming boss was a decision made?" By whom? By that time, Chicago did not make decisions for Cleveland, we're talking about the mid to late 1990's after Peanuts. Chicago and New York were all removed from making those decisions for the smaller Midwest families. Now, I do believe that a "few" Chicago and Cleveland soldiers still did some business, but there has never been any documentation of a meeting between DiFronzo and Loose or RJ. I truly respect your knowledge Spadine, you definitely know quite a bit but I can tell you with 100% certainty that nobody looked at him as a boss of a family. Loose was never reported or observed meeting with a boss of another family, which is a big indicator that none of his counterparts viewed him or Cleveland as a family anymore. I do believe he had the support of associates in Cleveland, but at that time, he and RJ were the last and only two soldiers that were made by Angelo Lonardo in his short stint as acting boss after Licavoli got sent away. They were the last two soldiers who happened to made by the respected, old guard in the end stage of the Cleveland Family, as they were both made in 1982 and Lonardo was indicted in 1983. Most of the other guys and entire upper echelon were in the can. I believe Loose may have some schemes and some gambling, but on a much smaller scale. Also, from my understanding, RJ is pretty legit working as a broker in his brother's real estate business. It wouldn't shock me if he possibly may have a piece of the gambling, fronting the $$ for a few bookies...but he's in his mid 70's and if he threatened anybody, somebody would run right to the FBI. Again, I truly respect your knowledge and your connections to a few people. If other bosses around the country didn't bother to acknowledge him, then even if he allegedly made some guys, are they really recognized as friends of ours. This is a shaky topic, I hope you see my points.

Yump sure thought he was Boss!!!

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: mulberry] #794664
08/07/14 07:19 PM
08/07/14 07:19 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: mulberry
I didn't know there was a Little Italy left in Cleveland. I was there a few times back in 2006-2007 and didn't see anyone but college students and a bunch of black people.

Sadly some of those mooleys even attend the feast!! and A good number of our Italian youths act like them .

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: DallasConnected] #794735
08/08/14 08:25 AM
08/08/14 08:25 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Here is some of the rackets on going on these days.

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/i...related_stories

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #794738
08/08/14 08:34 AM
08/08/14 08:34 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: strococs

No mention at all of LCN activity. More remnants and associates of the old syndicate independently operating.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #794742
08/08/14 08:54 AM
08/08/14 08:54 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

No mention at all of LCN activity. More remnants and associates of the old syndicate independently operating.

Exactly , if the there was LCN in Cleveland wouldn't they be taking of Piece of Marty? One of the companies tied up in the raid . Also got popped with Basil in the early 80's.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #794749
08/08/14 09:41 AM
08/08/14 09:41 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member

Exactly , if the there was LCN in Cleveland wouldn't they be taking of Piece of Marty? One of the companies tied up in the raid . Also got popped with Basil in the early 80's.

I do believe that a few former members may operate on a smaller scale and are still feared to a degree, but Licavoli brought down this former powerhouse of a family. Along with Scalish not formally inducting many new members is truly ashame considering the the family was once a force to be recokoned with.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #794750
08/08/14 09:42 AM
08/08/14 09:42 AM
C
ChrissyScars Offline
Wiseguy
ChrissyScars  Offline
C
Wiseguy
I didn't know there was a Little Italy left in Cleveland. I was there a few times back in 2006-2007 and didn't see anyone but college students and a bunch of black people.

Sadly some of those mooleys even attend the feast!! and A good number of our Italian youths act like them .

1920 called, they want their racism back

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: ChrissyScars] #794751
08/08/14 09:44 AM
08/08/14 09:44 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member

LOL...that's funny ChrissyScars. It certainly was a different time in those days.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: ChrissyScars] #794753
08/08/14 09:53 AM
08/08/14 09:53 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

I just call them like I see them.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #794755
08/08/14 09:54 AM
08/08/14 09:54 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member

I just call them like I see them.

LMAO. Equally as funny Mr. Strococs!

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #794757
08/08/14 10:04 AM
08/08/14 10:04 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

I do believe that a few former members may operate on a smaller scale and are still feared to a degree, but Licavoli brought down this former powerhouse of a family. Along with Scalish not formally inducting many new members is truly ashame considering the the family was once a force to be recokoned with.

Yes Small and feared to some degree is accurate in my opinion, allot of mob talk in Cleveland big mob culture. . The family became paper tiger. I think Scalish not bringing in new blood was the major downfall. Obv Lack of respect for Licavoli didn't help either. It would of been interesting to see what happened if Leonardo had taken over.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #794923
08/08/14 08:28 PM
08/08/14 08:28 PM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member

If he didn't get indicted, you could bet he would have made new members, he was the one who made Loose & RJ after stepping in for Jack White. Nobody will ever know for certain, but I've often wondered that myself. Angelo shocked the U.S and his longtime counterparts and hurt a lot of important, high profile mafioso with his testimony, some of the families never being able to fully recover. KC, Milwaukee, Cleveland etc. what do you think he was worth when he died? I've heard from a few very good sources, somebody who was a nephew that had stashed $9 million cash away in case he ever needed to leave the country.

Last edited by Bugsyvegas1930; 08/08/14 08:35 PM.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #794951
08/09/14 06:01 AM
08/09/14 06:01 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

If he didn't get indicted, you could bet he would have made new members, he was the one who made Loose & RJ after stepping in for Jack White. Nobody will ever know for certain, but I've often wondered that myself. Angelo shocked the U.S and his longtime counterparts and hurt a lot of important, high profile mafioso with his testimony, some of the families never being able to fully recover. KC, Milwaukee, Cleveland etc. what do you think he was worth when he died? I've heard from a few very good sources, somebody who was a nephew that had stashed $9 million cash away in case he ever needed to leave the country.

When he died I dunno? Honestly I have no idea. I am not sure what he was into with investments and other business. but 20 years off the street can eat up allot of that cash. Especially when He and his wife lived A long time. I guess at least 5 Million.

I often wonder what Scalish and Jack white were worth as well.

Last edited by strococs; 08/09/14 06:02 AM.
Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #794968
08/09/14 07:51 AM
08/09/14 07:51 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member

Scalish was easily worth $15 million when he died plus Buckeye Vending. Jack White's $$$ is probably still buried...Tony Milano was easily worth more than all of them combined

When he died I dunno? Honestly I have no idea. I am not sure what he was into with investments and other business. but 20 years off the street can eat up allot of that cash. Especially when He and his wife lived A long time. I guess at least 5 Million.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #794969
08/09/14 07:54 AM
08/09/14 07:54 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member

Scalish was said to be worth $15 million plus Buckeye Vending. Jack White's $$$ is probably still buried and Tony Milano was worth more than all of them combined!

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #795018
08/09/14 03:05 PM
08/09/14 03:05 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

Scalish was said to be worth $15 million plus Buckeye Vending. Jack White's $$$ is probably still buried and Tony Milano was worth more than all of them combined!

Can you imagine how much Jack white stashed away. You think that cheap bastard tipped off anyone as to where his cash was. Maybe his nephew?

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #795037
08/09/14 05:59 PM
08/09/14 05:59 PM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member

Can you imagine how much Jack white stashed away. You think that cheap bastard tipped off anyone as to where his cash was. Maybe his nephew?

I bet he left some to his nephews, some to that guy who lived with him and who knows if he was able to retrieve everything he had stashed. It couldn't have been in that tiny apartment.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: strococs] #795246
08/11/14 07:21 AM
08/11/14 07:21 AM
Bugsyvegas1930 Offline
Made Member
Bugsyvegas1930  Offline
Made Member

I wonder if his lawyer knew or if he had an accountant?

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #795251
08/11/14 07:30 AM
08/11/14 07:30 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

I wonder if his lawyer knew or if he had an accountant? [/quote]

You have to figure he told someone. You know your in the can for the rest of your days. Since white had been around so long you have to guess he had A major package somewhere. Hopefully he didn't tell Rockman hahahah

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Bugsyvegas1930] #795252
08/11/14 07:35 AM
08/11/14 07:35 AM
Northeast Ohio
Spadine Offline
Button
Spadine  Offline
Button
Northeast Ohio
There are different opinions . But I can tell you this , Maybe i stated it wrongly . There was a decision made here in cleve - and no meeting w/ difonzio or such .cleve was on its own @ time because of the rats & indictments on all .the decision was thru an agreement that chicago was ok w/ it as well as ny . Remember salerno & tronolone were close & in fla . Thru fratto , scalise & janeeces suggestions to difonzio (via rjps closeness - it was formally "allowed" no one made the decision for cleve but cleve .as for paul lish or darby(steve calcaveccio) who were j whites two closest friends , if you know, & really know , they too were sloppy & not well dressed ever . Just like jack - this is w/ no disrespect but word .also as i read all of this ; there are alot of names unmentioned here .eugene , loose ,rjp, oliverio & all otthers Will be at feast this weekend - as other out of towners as well ! If you know them & by face - you will see this for yourself ! Gotta go - we'll talk more im sure

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: DallasConnected] #795253
08/11/14 07:38 AM
08/11/14 07:38 AM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Spadine how have you been my friend?

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Spadine] #795257
08/11/14 07:55 AM
08/11/14 07:55 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
There are different opinions . But I can tell you this , Maybe i stated it wrongly . There was a decision made here in cleve - and no meeting w/ difonzio or such .cleve was on its own @ time because of the rats & indictments on all .the decision was thru an agreement that chicago was ok w/ it as well as ny . Remember salerno & tronolone were close & in fla . Thru fratto , scalise & janeeces suggestions to difonzio (via rjps closeness - it was formally "allowed" no one made the decision for cleve but cleve .as for paul lish or darby(steve calcaveccio) who were j whites two closest friends , if you know, & really know , they too were sloppy & not well dressed ever . Just like jack - this is w/ no disrespect but word .also as i read all of this ; there are alot of names unmentioned here .eugene , loose ,rjp, oliverio & all otthers Will be at feast this weekend - as other out of towners as well ! If you know them & by face - you will see this for yourself ! Gotta go - we'll talk more im sure

What does there sloppy dress have to do with Jack whites money? Did you know lish ? White was A loner !

Last edited by strococs; 08/11/14 07:55 AM.
Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Spadine] #795271
08/11/14 08:58 AM
08/11/14 08:58 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

Sure those guys are very respected in Cleveland. There are allot of names never mentioned on these boards mostly of people who were not made guys. So with out people to fill the ranks the traditional Lcn faded away. So A few guys attend a the feast. So that means there is full blown lcn in Cleveland?. Sure plenty of rackets going on. I will say it again there is no gas pedal in Cleveland.

Re: Cleveland's Bookmaking Operation..... [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #795272
08/11/14 09:03 AM
08/11/14 09:03 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: Friend_of_Henry
Originally Posted By: DoctorTwink
Mayfield Little Italy still has great restaurants and quite a few former associates, bookmakers and Joe Iacobacci still frequents Nido Italia. Mama Santo's pizza there is legendary.

What about Youngstown and all the cities or towns around it? I'm sure there's still stuff going on there with associates/former associates who get into illegal gambling, betting, or bookmaking as it's been around there for a very long time.

There is definitely some illegal gambling going on with former associates, but not affiliated with Cleveland or Pittsburgh any longer. After the Strollo enterprise came down in 1999 with 72 convictions and after the death of Mike Genovese in Pittsburgh back in 2006, nothing more than some independent associates making book for themselves. Not nearly to the extent of what it was. Friend of a Henry could verify that as well.

Only because you asked:

The beginning of the end of the Pittsburgh/Youngstown LCN started with the incarceration of Jo Jo Pecora from 1979-1983. This led to John LaRocca promoting Michael Genovese his successor. instead of Jo Jo who would have been his choice. John died in 1984. Thus Michael was Boss.

Michael's desire for the abundance of available drug money let to his promotion of Chuckie Porter to Under-boss. Chuckie rolled-over in 1990 and the end was in sight.

Henry Zottola, was the last of Jo Jo's original Crew. Although he never wanted the notarity of being a "Made Man", he agreed to Michael's demand when it became apparent that Lenny Strollo was going off the rails in Youngstown. Lenny then answered to him directly. Zebo died in 1998.

Lenny rolled-over in 1999 and the end was in clear view.

IMHO Pittsburgh/Youngstown LCN, as we grew-up knowing and respecting, died in 2002 with Charlie Murgie.

A few months ago I was with an "old friend", a former employee of Joey Naples. He thought that if there was anyone left with any authority it would be Bobby I. I sincerely doubt that anyone of any authority, at least as we knew it, is left ;-(

Did Zebo ever make his bones ?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull