GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 353 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789360
07/15/14 04:02 PM
07/15/14 04:02 PM
Scotland
stevietro Offline
StevieBeef
stevietro  Offline
StevieBeef
Wiseguy
Scotland
haha just realised i read cheech's post wrong. I should get bumped down from wiseguy back to associate wink

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789402
07/15/14 05:18 PM
07/15/14 05:18 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

There was a borgesi on the costa rican wc team. Cousin. No maybe he.is.acting cause he got.the reward for shuting his mouth and looking at another decade. The guy uphere did 30 yrs framed by fbi didnt take the spot 10 yrs ago but did 5 yrs later. Peter limone its there life.pride. thats all the got not every mobster is a ww2 hero or even war hero. So other then doing a shitload of prison time what do they get besides a acting boss tittle an a couple.dollars. them war hero guys were respected im guessing grudginly by some police. Jerry anguilo had the flag on his casket acouple others round.here.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: pmac] #789404
07/15/14 05:29 PM
07/15/14 05:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: pmac
There was a borgesi on the costa rican wc team. Cousin. No maybe he.is.acting cause he got.the reward for shuting his mouth and looking at another decade. The guy uphere did 30 yrs framed by fbi didnt take the spot 10 yrs ago but did 5 yrs later. Peter limone its there life.pride. thats all the got not every mobster is a ww2 hero or even war hero. So other then doing a shitload of prison time what do they get besides a acting boss tittle an a couple.dollars. them war hero guys were respected im guessing grudginly by some police. Jerry anguilo had the flag on his casket acouple others round.here.

Same goes for Benny Eggs and Matty with the Westside. The Feds grudgingly respected them for their service to their country.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789427
07/15/14 08:38 PM
07/15/14 08:38 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
For the Philly guys - what's the recruting pool like in south Philly? I can't imagine anyone sees how these guys have been destroyed and actually want to get involved but... These aren't the sharpest tools in the shed

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789429
07/15/14 08:52 PM
07/15/14 08:52 PM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline OP
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline OP
Underboss
Baltimore
For the article turning out to be a dud, atleast I got a good thread started about Philly OC!! Also got some more pics of the Mazzone's and Dom Grande.. will post soon.

Death Before Dishonor
Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789435
07/15/14 09:31 PM
07/15/14 09:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
For the article turning out to be a dud, atleast I got a good thread started about Philly OC!! Also got some more pics of the Mazzone's and Dom Grande.. will post soon.

Not your fault, Stevie smile .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789452
07/15/14 11:02 PM
07/15/14 11:02 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Obviously knowledge is very important,but also how you present yourself goes a long way.I do more reading of posts than I do actual posting.I would use Pizzaboy as the blueprint on how to communicate on these boards.Very honest,no name-calling,and doesn't claim to know more than he does.Excellant poster.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: 22] #789514
07/16/14 06:51 AM
07/16/14 06:51 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: 22
Obviously knowledge is very important,but also how you present yourself goes a long way.I do more reading of posts than I do actual posting.I would use Pizzaboy as the blueprint on how to communicate on these boards.Very honest,no name-calling,and doesn't claim to know more than he does.Excellant poster.

Thanks, 22.

I try, but even I'm not above losing my temper. Especially lately with Cook County. I'm actually embarrassed about lowering myself to his level. Now I meant every word I said, but that doesn't mean I should have said it.

But thanks again blush.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: mightyhealthy] #789518
07/16/14 07:07 AM
07/16/14 07:07 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
For the Philly guys - what's the recruting pool like in south Philly? I can't imagine anyone sees how these guys have been destroyed and actually want to get involved but... These aren't the sharpest tools in the shed

I don't think they have that big of a poll of associates to pick from. A reason the family has stayed so small. And there isn't a ton of money to grab for new guys unless its drugs.

The guys on the street now are already fighting over the pie.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: Blackjack2121] #789522
07/16/14 07:30 AM
07/16/14 07:30 AM
I
IKnowNothing Offline
TROLL
IKnowNothing  Offline
TROLL
I
Wiseguy
WOW! What a ridiculous thing to say!! HAHA!

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: IKnowNothing] #789524
07/16/14 07:32 AM
07/16/14 07:32 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IKnowNothing
WOW! What a ridiculous thing to say!! HAHA!

Your name is very accurate.

lol

shhh

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789589
07/16/14 10:58 AM
07/16/14 10:58 AM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Just spend a couple days around south Philly. The recruiting pool is deeper than a Kafka novel. Just drive around you will see guys on every corner straight out of central casting.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: Wilson101] #789590
07/16/14 10:59 AM
07/16/14 10:59 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Just spend a couple days around south Philly. The recruiting pool is deeper than a Kafka novel.

None of those goombahs ever heard of Kafka whistle.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789616
07/16/14 11:56 AM
07/16/14 11:56 AM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
Hey guys, long time reader of the organized crime forum and now first time poster. I've learned a lot of things reading posts from some of the posters here who are really in the know. Anyway, I've been working on a new chart for the Philadelphia family for some time now. I wanted to create an updated one from the last ones I've seen from 2010/2011, and I basically started from the time Uncle Joe/Borgesi were released after the second trial at the beginning of the year. I'm about 80% finished, but I wanted to get some insight from some of the people here who would be more in the know about Philly than me. I follow the Philly family closer than the rest of the families, but consider myself far from any type of expert. I've tried talking with George A, but haven't gotten a response through e-mail yet. My question now, with this latest article saying Georgie Boy may be the boss (or trying to take the "big seat"), does anyone really believe that he may have taken the acting boss title? How many believe that the Skinny guy is still the real power in the family and running things from Florida? If it is really Georgie, did Uncle Joe step aside and retire, or maybe slide into the consigliere spot? If you believe UJ is officially retired now, and think the Borgesi article is BS, would it still be Stevie Mazzone as acting boss? I've seen from other posters here that say Stevie really has no aspiration of taking the top spot on an official basis. I've also seen elsewhere and tend to agree that Johnny Chang has a top spot in the administration, possibly acting underboss/maybe even official? I would have to imagine that Mousie won't hold the official underboss spot being away until 2025. Who has become acting capo for Staino's South Jersey crew? I'd love any and all insight from you guys so I could finish the chart and upload it. I also have a few other names (soldiers) that I need some clarification of placing them in the right crews. Thanks guys, and happy to be a new poster/member here.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: K1NG6] #789628
07/16/14 12:57 PM
07/16/14 12:57 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: K1NG6
Hey guys, long time reader of the organized crime forum and now first time poster. I've learned a lot of things reading posts from some of the posters here who are really in the know. Anyway, I've been working on a new chart for the Philadelphia family for some time now. I wanted to create an updated one from the last ones I've seen from 2010/2011, and I basically started from the time Uncle Joe/Borgesi were released after the second trial at the beginning of the year. I'm about 80% finished, but I wanted to get some insight from some of the people here who would be more in the know about Philly than me. I follow the Philly family closer than the rest of the families, but consider myself far from any type of expert. I've tried talking with George A, but haven't gotten a response through e-mail yet. My question now, with this latest article saying Georgie Boy may be the boss (or trying to take the "big seat"), does anyone really believe that he may have taken the acting boss title? How many believe that the Skinny guy is still the real power in the family and running things from Florida? If it is really Georgie, did Uncle Joe step aside and retire, or maybe slide into the consigliere spot? If you believe UJ is officially retired now, and think the Borgesi article is BS, would it still be Stevie Mazzone as acting boss? I've seen from other posters here that say Stevie really has no aspiration of taking the top spot on an official basis. I've also seen elsewhere and tend to agree that Johnny Chang has a top spot in the administration, possibly acting underboss/maybe even official? I would have to imagine that Mousie won't hold the official underboss spot being away until 2025. Who has become acting capo for Staino's South Jersey crew? I'd love any and all insight from you guys so I could finish the chart and upload it. I also have a few other names (soldiers) that I need some clarification of placing them in the right crews. Thanks guys, and happy to be a new poster/member here.

Welcome to the boards K1NG6. I find the Philly mob very interesting as well, unfortunately at this point much of what the folks know is an educated guess or speculation as far as who is in charge, which is good for the famliy's survival were the feds are concerned. Maybe more will be revieled with the recent convictions of Scarfo Jr et al.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789633
07/16/14 01:13 PM
07/16/14 01:13 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
I really think that the mob is in a holding pattern in philly even perhaps playing hot potato with the top seat until after the niccodemo trial... because the heat is on in s philly from dom grande to niccodemo and once they fry niccodemo and how cant they then it may begin dominoes as he will probably flip and no one is going to want at this time to give the FBI guys or local organized crime guys any ammo...i guess dave s and fox 29 had the report on georgie and uncle joe driving by an illegal liquor joint and dave s had the report on johnny chang and him being part of his wife's lottery stand which is illegal...i just think these dudes will lay low til after the niccodemo thing plays out... then again football season is a few weeks away and there are some degenerates down there who need cash and a place to make a bet

Last edited by merlino; 07/16/14 01:15 PM.
Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: Wilson101] #789634
07/16/14 01:16 PM
07/16/14 01:16 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Just spend a couple days around south Philly. The recruiting pool is deeper than a Kafka novel. Just drive around you will see guys on every corner straight out of central casting.

a bunch of purse snatching methamphetamine heads

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789635
07/16/14 01:35 PM
07/16/14 01:35 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
I personally think the philly mob in the early 90s with Cianglini family and their feud and killing of brothers and taking sides would be a great movie... I mean try and kill one brother on an FBI wire and then stanfa killing the other on a s philly street because hes with merlino and then the other brother johnny in prison and dad in prison.... that is or seems like itd be a perfect hollywood script

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: pizzaboy] #789643
07/16/14 01:59 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Just spend a couple days around south Philly. The recruiting pool is deeper than a Kafka novel.

None of those goombahs ever heard of Kafka whistle.

Probably not lol

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: cookcounty] #789644
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

Says the guy who has never been

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789645
07/16/14 02:03 PM
07/16/14 02:03 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
There are a number of guys on the street with power Phil Narducci , Mazzone , Borgesi , Merlino by way of South Florida, Johnny Chang, Sonny Mazzone, Uncle Joe, Grande. Each one of these guys has crews so the philly family is rolling with pretty good numbers for Philly/South Jersey..There are also others that are inside but out soon...Angelina, Gate ...
I would say Uncle is done and on the shelf .. Johnny Chang is real low key and smart - I don't think he should have too much heat on himself....I can't see Mazzone ceding power or control to anyone unless there was an agreement with Georgie - they are all close childhood friends so I don't see an issue with any of them except maybe Narducci but he's got the club in old city and his rackets going on I'm sure. Grande is younger and probably like poison right now in that no one wants to get close to him until the Nicodemo fiasco plays out. I wonder if Nico flips after the verdict how much could he know / bring down...gongs , long john and maybe turchi but are there any others that Nico would know about ? Monascalco is unsolved , that sounded like a hit ... Anything before that he probably doesn't know about or can't be reliable.
The wild card is Nico - if he miraculously walks and the guys on the inside who plead out in the Uncle Joe first trial return to the streets , the philly family will have earners and numbers out there which they haven't seen in a long time. Saloon will be rocking and rolling.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789756
07/17/14 12:41 AM
07/17/14 12:41 AM
D
durkadurka Offline
TROLL
durkadurka  Offline
TROLL
D
Wiseguy
What people don't really know except for some of us on the streets is that Faffy is about to take over once he gets out. He has been making moves from the inside for the past few years but is doing through other people like Narducci and the Pungitores. People saying Freckles is the new boss are only doing that to protect Francis. He has a lot of sway and everyone who is gunning for the top is only doing it to keep the seat warm for him. The guy does 30 years he deserves it and if anyone has a problem it'll be the eighties all over again and bodies will be left in the streets. Word came down from Scarfo that since his son didn't beat his case that he wants Faffy to take over, people don't know Scarfo still has sway and with his guys out on the streets now they'll do it for the old man after all that he did for them, and protecting them by taking a life sentence. Those guys owe him.

Last edited by durkadurka; 07/17/14 01:05 AM.
Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: durkadurka] #789767
07/17/14 02:37 AM
07/17/14 02:37 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: durkadurka
What people don't really know except for some of us on the streets is that Faffy is about to take over once he gets out. He has been making moves from the inside for the past few years but is doing through other people like Narducci and the Pungitores. People saying Freckles is the new boss are only doing that to protect Francis. He has a lot of sway and everyone who is gunning for the top is only doing it to keep the seat warm for him. The guy does 30 years he deserves it and if anyone has a problem it'll be the eighties all over again and bodies will be left in the streets. Word came down from Scarfo that since his son didn't beat his case that he wants Faffy to take over, people don't know Scarfo still has sway and with his guys out on the streets now they'll do it for the old man after all that he did for them, and protecting them by taking a life sentence. Those guys owe him.

Why are you trolling again? All you keep doing is talking about every crime family going to war lol

Last edited by TommyGambino; 07/17/14 02:40 AM.
Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: Wilson101] #789781
07/17/14 05:41 AM
07/17/14 05:41 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

Says the guy who has never been

Like Chicago aka Chiraq aka gang/ crack head central is any better.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: Jose] #789782
07/17/14 05:43 AM
07/17/14 05:43 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Jose
There are a number of guys on the street with power Phil Narducci , Mazzone , Borgesi , Merlino by way of South Florida, Johnny Chang, Sonny Mazzone, Uncle Joe, Grande. Each one of these guys has crews so the philly family is rolling with pretty good numbers for Philly/South Jersey..There are also others that are inside but out soon...Angelina, Gate ...
I would say Uncle is done and on the shelf .. Johnny Chang is real low key and smart - I don't think he should have too much heat on himself....I can't see Mazzone ceding power or control to anyone unless there was an agreement with Georgie - they are all close childhood friends so I don't see an issue with any of them except maybe Narducci but he's got the club in old city and his rackets going on I'm sure. Grande is younger and probably like poison right now in that no one wants to get close to him until the Nicodemo fiasco plays out. I wonder if Nico flips after the verdict how much could he know / bring down...gongs , long john and maybe turchi but are there any others that Nico would know about ? Monascalco is unsolved , that sounded like a hit ... Anything before that he probably doesn't know about or can't be reliable.
The wild card is Nico - if he miraculously walks and the guys on the inside who plead out in the Uncle Joe first trial return to the streets , the philly family will have earners and numbers out there which they haven't seen in a long time. Saloon will be rocking and rolling.

Half the family would be fucked if Nicodemo flipped. He was rumored to be in on the last 3 murders in some way

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: durkadurka] #789783
07/17/14 05:44 AM
07/17/14 05:44 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: durkadurka

Ummmm, no...just no.

rolleyes

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789784
07/17/14 05:50 AM
07/17/14 05:50 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Durkadurka, Scarfo Sr. has no "sway". His son was shot at and he had to have him made with the Luchesse just to keep him alive. Also, Joe Grande tried that Scarfo Sr. loyalty talk and he changed his tune after he was spoken to. Put a fork on Scarfo sr.. he's the past and anyone who supports him would have no backing in Philadelphia.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: Beanshooter] #789792
07/17/14 06:28 AM
07/17/14 06:28 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Durkadurka, Scarfo Sr. has no "sway". His son was shot at and he had to have him made with the Luchesse just to keep him alive. Also, Joe Grande tried that Scarfo Sr. loyalty talk and he changed his tune after he was spoken to. Put a fork on Scarfo sr.. he's the past and anyone who supports him would have no backing in Philadelphia.

He's trolling just look at every one of his posts, he talks about every family 'dropping bodies' as far as New Orleans lol Don't pay any attention to him.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: HandsomeStevie] #789821
07/17/14 08:56 AM
07/17/14 08:56 AM
Scotland
stevietro Offline
StevieBeef
stevietro  Offline
StevieBeef
Wiseguy
Scotland
Durkadurka might be talking shit about "bodies dropping" but maybe he has a point about Faffy, he practically ran Philly at the end of the Scarfo era and is supposed to be a stone gangster who is very treacherous. If Faffy still wants the job upon his release then i'm sure it will cause problems.

Re: George Borgesi new boss in Philly [Re: stevietro] #789975
07/17/14 05:28 PM
07/17/14 05:28 PM
K1NG6 Offline
Made Member
K1NG6  Offline
Made Member
This is all speculative theory, but what do you guys think? Borgesi as acting boss right now might make sense. This theory hinges on the fact that Skinny Joey is the official boss, as many of us believe. Joey is in a position of power (at the moment) because the FBI can't prove anything and only Joey and the guys in Philly really know the 100% truth.

If, as some have said, that Mazzone doesn't want the heat that comes with the top spot, why not allow George to have it if he really wants it? Make him feel rewarded for doing 10+ years in the can and keeping his mouth shut. With Joey as the real power, everybody knows Stevie and Chang are his top guys on the street. They stay in the administration and keep what they already had, and Borgesi gets the title of boss (acting) like he wanted.

And at the end of the day, with the FBI unable to prove the Skinny guys involvement, Joey has old Georgie Boy as a de facto lightning rod out front to take the hit when the Feds come calling again. Skinny knows best that the FBI has a huge hard-on for the boss of any family. And, if in fact Joey is really still the boss, obviously prison has made him a whole hell of a lot wiser. It seems like the perfect move.

Saying that, I still don't know what to believe. Until it's proven that Uncle Joe really did retire, I continue to assume that either he or Stevie Mazzone remains the acting boss right now.

Even in that scenario, I don't know if I believe Borgesi is boss material. No way he's calling the shots for Faffy - Scarfo Sr. has NO SAY in South Philly anymore! But then again, I'm not on the streets. If Nicodemo doesn't beat his case there may be major trouble for all the guys in Philly, Joey and Uncle Joe included.

Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull