GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, TheKillingJoke), 391 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,725
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,268
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,526
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,405
Posts1,060,262
Members10,349
Most Online911
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rooting For The Bad Guys [Re: NNY78] #787580
07/06/14 04:39 PM
07/06/14 04:39 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Now that I'm an old man, one's opinions change. I don't root for the bad guy. Guess I just root for the victims, and I will NEVER root for drug dealers.

Re: Rooting For The Bad Guys [Re: Dellacroce] #787690
07/07/14 11:12 AM
07/07/14 11:12 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: NNY78
Wondering what other folks opinions are on this. As bad as some of these black hearted guys are I find my self rooting for them to not get caught and when they are finally brought to justice for them to beat the charges and all the while finding what they do to the lives others, especially their families, despicable. I guess part of it is that I'm not fond of the tactics used by law enforcement and the hypocrisy by the government which I find to be very corrupt in its own way. I have to say when these guys beat the FBI/Courts it makes my day. Say what you will about these guys but many of them have a ton of courage,too bad it is so misguided.

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Ivyleague would call you a fanboy smile

I understand it on some level. It's easier to do so from a distance. Or, for example, rooting for the bad guy in a movie. I found myself rooting for guys like Walt on Breaking Bad or Vic in The Shield, even though they were cold-blooded crooks. But that was just entertainment. It's probably easy for many people to root for real life mob guys (who have been glamorized by Hollywood) when they have no interaction with them and all their crimes are just words on the screen or in a book. But any sane, balanced person - if they take a step back and look at these guys objectively - should be able to right themselves and see them for who they really are.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Rooting For The Bad Guys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #787760
07/07/14 03:25 PM
07/07/14 03:25 PM
D
DoctorTwink Offline
Button
DoctorTwink  Offline
D
Button
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I never for the life of me will understand the cult of personality of guys like John Gotti and the Stockholm syndrome surrounding people not in that life.

Thousands of people rioting when he was found guilty; middle aged housewives holding up placards in support of him. WTF is all that about?

Something that struck me about those middle aged housewives is that they are the same kind of people that were on TV lambasting "evil" Sammy Gravano after he flipped; the sisters and wives of his victims.

You can not have your cake and eat it too. You can not support what people like John Gotti do and then go on TV and pick on the "rat".

A murderer is a murderer. I don't feel an ounce of pity for these people. Their brothers, sons and husbands were no angels either; selling drugs and corrupting Italian American youth.

Reminds me also of Henry Hill's retort when one of Spider's loved ones phoned in the Howard Stern show.

Your little angel, Spider, hung around with murderers on his own volition. WTF did you/he think would happen associating with these people?

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW! There is not enough culpability with people anymore.

I don't get it either?

People involved in that sort of thing like Gotti, Gravano, etc. are straight up thieves, don't care about Italians or Italian-American people, and instead just want to rob or steal from as many people as they can and get away from it. Even other Italian people or Italian-Americans, or anyone who they can.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull