GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (furio_from_naples), 142 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,729
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,407
Posts1,060,344
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #837750
04/15/15 08:09 AM
04/15/15 08:09 AM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Matsumoto tore Fappiano a new asshole, between Castel and her, he's going to do almost 3 years. Ouch.
That property in weehawken will make up for the 2.5mil restitution, lawyers fees and then some.

Re: Garbage [Re: pmac] #837809
04/15/15 01:31 PM
04/15/15 01:31 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: pmac
Do 6 months in MCC or MDC then halfway house were he probably already is. Merlino must be getting out anyday

He's down in Butner medical, release date is early June.

Re: Garbage [Re: BarrettM] #837842
04/15/15 06:03 PM
04/15/15 06:03 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Nobody is going to get 40 years in this case or any similiar case . Garbage is really a great business to be in .

I don't know much about NYC garbage market and will defer to the guys here in the know that the wise guys have been pushed out, gman and PB seem to the most knowledgable. Im not certain but it seems NE NJ , weschester and some of CT have ties and it will be very hard to boot em out . It appears stealing still goes on which should be prosecuted , They are basically garbage brokers, settling disputes , they are around because to some extent they are still needed . Personally I don't see how they are much different then big time political or money's power brokers who IMO cause more damage , although I will say these guys will prey on the weak and get their hands on their business but in all honesty that would probably happen without them . Most know in this business is for tough men that operate with a separate set of laws .

In NYC it does seem like Guiliana has made a fortune in the background check business . His firm regularly wins no bid deals , ironic as that was what he said CN did.

Not too mention how the govt has cornered the lottery business with again no bid work. When it comes to making $ in gray area businesses the govt takes their playbook from guess who .

Let's be honest the govt has cost far more American lives for the sake of money , in many gray areas the govt only competition with CN . CN problem is they can't really contribute to campaign contributions otherwise things would probably look different today . I will give CN some credit , with all the nonsense money wasting and resources activity done by the govt they have begun to play it legit . Gambling is up next

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #837862
04/15/15 08:56 PM
04/15/15 08:56 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
DB, it's true, even in this day and age, LCN or no LCN, garbage guys in the NYC metro area will always run by their own set of rules. Just like towing, concrete or most local trucking outfits. All that's needed to get top headlines is one old fart with past ties and boom... Papa Smurf.
Believe me, nobody is getting rich off garbage like they used to. Waste Mismanagement fucked it all up. Those guys don't even care if their trucking division operates in the red, as long as their landfills make money. WM doesn't even operate trucks in the 5 boros anymore, they don't need to. Although it was pretty thrilling to watch Action Carting take over all their routes, trucks and equipment and put Action stickers over the WM ones. That, I enjoyed.
I could go on and on. Point is, the feds stooped to the lowest form of scum, a child molester, as their Queen for a Day. That makes me sick.
The feds went fishing in a lake that has long since been over-fished. Preet, glowed like it was the biggest thing since the Valero case. Employing the old "organized crime tentacles" quotes used in those huge cases of a time gone by. Only to have 1/3 of the defendants get the charges dismissed. And the rest all got the sweetest deals ever. Except for that Bada Bing rat... He flipped and still got a month lol.
Can't wait till Capeci's lawyers rip the details of the child molesting Hughes' case from the hands of the feds and we get to find out what jail time, if any, these cho-mo lovers gave him.

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #837884
04/16/15 04:05 AM
04/16/15 04:05 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Great post gman

Love your info

I will say though in Hudson and Essex county the big corps aren't around so some of those old school ties have a lot more influence than in NYC .

Towns like Nutley Belleville north Arlington lyndhurst Lodi Kearny jersey city etc . And the transfer stations in that area

Re: Garbage [Re: DB] #837892
04/16/15 06:14 AM
04/16/15 06:14 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DB
And the transfer stations in that area

And yet the feds were able to steal the transfer stations in Norwalk and New Canaan (both in Connecticut) when they chased Tommy Milo out of the business and kicked Jimmy Galante to the curb.

They were able to do complete asset seizures under the anti-trust laws, which were pre-9/11 versions of the Patriot Act. I fucking hate politics, but the G was doing this shit for a century before Bush named it the Patriot Act. Same shit, different day.

And if you tug on Superman's cape, they'll do it in a similar fashion in the suburbs of North Jersey. They've already taken a dozen two and three truck operations away from poor working guys in Lower Connecticut. That's why I'm forever privately asking posters who I trust to refrain from posting how strong they still are in suburban garbage wink.

Because, for one thing, it's bad luck. And for another thing, the Feds are rumored to be getting ready to go full force after paper and recycling outside the City (the entire cardboard industry has Federal babysitters in NYC today).

Recycling in Jersey is where it's at right now. But if the Feds ever get overzealous because of Carmine and his ancient connection to the NY trade paper association through Shades, they may decide to steamroll the fucking thing. So why jinx the poor old man?

Garbageman knows what I'm talking about. And you know I like you a lot, DB. You're a GREAT contributor here. And I fully realize that I post too much myself sometimes, but some things are better left unsaid smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #837908
04/16/15 09:21 AM
04/16/15 09:21 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
PB you might enjoy this guy's epic bit on asset forfeiture. Couldn't have said it better myself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks

My understanding was NY had another garbage overhaul pretty recently. Matter of fact I couldn't sleep one night and did some reading on the matter. Said something like, the market was like the wild west where anyone could start a company...so building one two and three all in a row are using three different companies with diff trucks...driving up congestion and pollution. And the solution was to "Seattleize" the city pickup and give one section of the city to one private company so trucks aren't spilling in to each other.

Oh man, all I can say is good luck finding any solution to keep anybody happy tongue You'd have better luck finding peace in Palestine right. Some biz don't wanna get cut out of the picture and I'm sure some businesses like the low costs from all the competition and don't give a rat's ass about pollution and congestion when their pickups cheap.

Whats the current read?

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #837983
04/16/15 05:07 PM
04/16/15 05:07 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Too true pb. What they did in Connecticut was taken straight from the Rosedale Carting playbook. Take it all. It's sickening. They actually siezed property, money (cash) and equipment and charged those objects as guilty and therefore subject to forfeiture. Up is down, in that world.
By the way, DB... I loved that YouTube video, "tenny mucho mucho Deniro in su trucky-trailer?" hahahaha

Last edited by Garbageman; 04/16/15 05:08 PM.
Re: Garbage [Re: Garbageman] #838008
04/16/15 07:34 PM
04/16/15 07:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Garbageman
Too true pb. What they did in Connecticut was taken straight from the Rosedale Carting playbook. Take it all. It's sickening. They actually siezed property, money (cash) and equipment and charged those objects as guilty and therefore subject to forfeiture. Up is down, in that world.

Exactly. The minute they decide to regulate the paper in Jersey, they're going to do exactly what they did in Connecticut. They're never gonna say, Fuck it, it's just the suburbs. Not when the Government can steal all that money for themselves.

What the Feds took from guys who only owned two and three truck operations is shameful. You'd read about guys like Matty and Jimmy Galante and Tommy Milo and the asset seizures, and you'd say to yourself, meh, they're still worth a hundred million. But what about the poor bastards who only owned two and three trucks, yet got fined a quarter million apiece? They're fucked for life. And for what? A peripheral tie to a weigh station or transfer station that the Government deemed "inappropriate." It's revolting.

There was a time where your biggest fear was getting fined for illegal dumping. Today, the Feds don't even bother with it. They don't have to. There's a lot more money in just stealing the businesses for themselves.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #838030
04/17/15 04:06 AM
04/17/15 04:06 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
That's fucking disgusting PB about CT

I wish you still had PM to discuss a thing or too

I think some of the NJ guys might be alright

I agree with you , Gargbage defiantly isn't strong , I'm sorry if that was implied

The idiot Feds fail to understand someone is needed to resolve disputes

Otherwise shit could get very ugly for us citizens . However any stealing should always be prosecuted

Re: Garbage [Re: DB] #838032
04/17/15 04:24 AM
04/17/15 04:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I wish you still had PM to discuss a thing or too

I'll open it later to send you an email address where you can reach me. Right now I'm literally running out the door into Manhattan to see my Pop. But I'll send it later for sure.

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #838288
04/19/15 08:31 AM
04/19/15 08:31 AM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Yeah, it really is sickening that they have that power. Started with Rosedale and never ended.
Still nothing on Capeci's site about that white plains decision to release the Hughes docket. I know he will hound them to no end, though.

Re: Garbage [Re: Garbageman] #838290
04/19/15 08:43 AM
04/19/15 08:43 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yeah, it really is sickening that they have that power. Started with Rosedale and never ended.
Still nothing on Capeci's site about that white plains decision to release the Hughes docket. I know he will hound them to no end, though.

As part of the Southern District, White Plains Federal Court is tough. People don't realize it, but the judges and prosecutors in that particular courthouse are as tough as their Eastern District counterparts because they often catch OC cases that overlap NY/CT. And New Haven is all too happy to let them have the overflow.

And with Tommy Milo (Westside associate) and Cockeyed Nick (long dead Westside skipper) having the stranglehold that they had on Westchester and Connecticut garbage for half a century, they've always been gung-ho about crucifying garbage guys in White Plains.

Re: Garbage [Re: pizzaboy] #838504
04/21/15 02:18 PM
04/21/15 02:18 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

As part of the Southern District, White Plains Federal Court is tough. People don't realize it, but the judges and prosecutors in that particular courthouse are as tough as their Eastern District counterparts because they often catch OC cases that overlap NY/CT. And New Haven is all too happy to let them have the overflow.

And with Tommy Milo (Westside associate) and Cockeyed Nick (long dead Westside skipper) having the stranglehold that they had on Westchester and Connecticut garbage for half a century, they've always been gung-ho about crucifying garbage guys in White Plains.

That's one of the first things my lawyer told me when I met him downstairs at the MCC. I looked at this awesomely well dressed 60 something year old man with a matching suit & hat, (I respect the business man who employs a good set of haberdashery). He introduced himself, said I'd be out of there in a few more hours. Every agency involved was there for the accolades, and it was heavy with people from Westchester County and the 2 lead agents were out of the White Plains field office. He said, count your blessings you're in Manhattan and not White Plains (both southern district). The case spawned from White Plains & Westchester County. You know, back when Charlie Hughes tried bangin the 15 year old kid who was really a fed (have I mentioned that before? lol)
I stared at that witsec unit every day up there wondering if that one eyed cho-mo was in there. And I hope one day he comes across this site and reads this. My life is back, yours however, is forever changed by what you did to yourself and your poor wife and kids. You disgraced yourself, your family and everyone you've ever known. As a side hobby, I will make sure I post everything I find out about you from others who are putting in the work to do so. Me... I don't have the time. I'm too busy running my trucks, paying for college for my kids and spending quality time with them. I hope you learned one thing, best to stick to bangin adults, rather than kids, Charlie.

Re: Garbage [Re: Garbageman] #838516
04/21/15 05:49 PM
04/21/15 05:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Every agency involved was there for the accolades, and it was heavy with people from Westchester County and the 2 lead agents were out of the White Plains field office. He said, count your blessings you're in Manhattan and not White Plains (both southern district). The case spawned from White Plains & Westchester County.

Told ya. This ain't my first rodeo, GB grin.

At one time, the Federal Courthouse in White Plains was famous for having the strictest pre-trial probation department in the entire country. Yes, PRE-TRIAL. Meaning that you haven't even been found guilty of anything yet, but you could have the same restrictions placed on you as guys with multiple convictions.

And you did NOT want to draw Barrington Parker Junior. Tough, no-nonsense Black guy, with a brilliant legal mind. But his father was also a Federal Judge. And I've been told that Junior was so tough because he was always trying to live up to the Old Man's rep as a groundbreaker for Black men in the legal field. It actually makes sense.

Anyway, being that everything is in the same building in these Federal courts, count your blessings. Because as far as "babysitters" go, I'd rather hear the words 500 Pearl than 300 Quarropas any day wink.

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #838693
04/23/15 03:15 PM
04/23/15 03:15 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
PB or any of the other knowledgeable NY guys, do you think ne of the NY families have any garbage hauling interest in upstate PA? Like Scranton,Hazleton, Wilkes Barre, Easton etc? I know in D'Arco's book they had a garbage dump that they got busted for running in upstate PA, but dont recall any others.

I believe the Philly fam hasnt really been involved in sanitation much if at all, but maybe someone can correct me. That area would have been Buffalino family turf if they were still around, but its not from NY/North Jersey..any insight would be much appreciated

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Garbage [Re: mikeyballs211] #838694
04/23/15 03:17 PM
04/23/15 03:17 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Mikey this is a little dated but might help you fill in the gaps http://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/11/nyregion/mafia-reported-to-be-seeking-new-trash-sites.html

Re: Garbage [Re: mikeyballs211] #838696
04/23/15 03:32 PM
04/23/15 03:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
PB or any of the other knowledgeable NY guys, do you think ne of the NY families have any garbage hauling interest in upstate PA? Like Scranton,Hazleton, Wilkes Barre, Easton etc?

Today? No.

I know in D'Arco's book they had a garbage dump that they got busted for running in upstate PA, but dont recall any others.

That was Mikey Salerno's property, and it's what got him killed. The fact that he owned it, and Casso wanted it. Period.

Then Casso had the gall to hang a rat label on Mikey to justify the hit after the fact. Scumbag. Mikey was more of a man than, eh, don't get me fucking started.

That Casso flipped himself tells you all you need to know about him. Fucking lowlife, serial killing, piece of shit.

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #838699
04/23/15 03:50 PM
04/23/15 03:50 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
PB got any insight why Tony Ducks put them in charge? Geographically it was a total idiot move. I think he must have had a stroke on the way to the pen.

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #838700
04/23/15 04:02 PM
04/23/15 04:02 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
I'm not trying to test Pb's knowledge nor am i trying to start a fight with him or anybody else for that matter, but there is a big company in that area that have ties with the Gambino's.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Garbage [Re: pizzaboy] #838701
04/23/15 04:03 PM
04/23/15 04:03 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Thanks for the response PB, thats right it was Mikey Salerno..didnt al take that over or set up Mikey to get whacked on Casso's orders if I remember correctly?

Since theres none still today, do you or anyone else know of other NY/NJ crews operating garbage schemes in upstate PA area? Just curious being that im from there

Re: Garbage [Re: njcapo35] #838703
04/23/15 04:06 PM
04/23/15 04:06 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
NJ can you elaborate on that info anymore? Or at least say where its at, Im from up that way and still have lots of family up there?

I wouldnt take your statement as challenging PB's knowledge, I mean i wouldnt speak for him, but he clearly knows his shit and is the real deal, but no one knows everything or maybe u have conflicting info, no biggie, but Im def curious to know what you know if you are willing to share

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #838706
04/23/15 04:16 PM
04/23/15 04:16 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
MikeyB211, they are in a lot of counties up there. Berks, Deleware, Chester, Colombia, Bucks, Luzerene, etc... It's a big time operation with transfer stations and the whole 9.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Garbage [Re: mikeyballs211] #838709
04/23/15 04:26 PM
04/23/15 04:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Thanks for the response PB, thats right it was Mikey Salerno..didnt al take that over or set up Mikey to get whacked on Casso's orders if I remember correctly?

It was Casso. The Bronx crew was ordered to handle it through D'Arco. But, between Mikey and Buddy Luongo, the resentment is still there for a lot of those old timers.

Re: Garbage [Re: njcapo35] #838710
04/23/15 04:28 PM
04/23/15 04:28 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
no shit really, see now Im dying to know haha i live in Bucks and fams from Luzerne...check your PMS

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 04/23/15 04:29 PM.

Re: Garbage [Re: BarrettM] #838711
04/23/15 04:31 PM
04/23/15 04:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
PB got any insight why Tony Ducks put them in charge? Geographically it was a total idiot move. I think he must have had a stroke on the way to the pen.

lol lol

I just mentioned Buddy Luongo. Ducks had to have given the okay there, so yeah, towards the end he was definitely slipping a little bit.

That Christie Tick, a fucking serial rapist, warned him against giving Amuso and Casso so much power, speaks volumes about how big a mistake it was.

Re: Garbage [Re: pizzaboy] #838712
04/23/15 04:32 PM
04/23/15 04:32 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Thanks again PB..old timers are still holding resentment 30 years later over what that nutjob casso did? I guess the level to which he screwed up solid money making efficient rackets with his paranoia and caused alotta guys to go down would make it hard to forget..so after Casso fucked it up and was busted, no other Lucchese guys were able to restart it I assume at least in upstate PA, I know in LI from what I read theyre still involved

Re: Garbage [Re: mikeyballs211] #838716
04/23/15 04:37 PM
04/23/15 04:37 PM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
Thanks again PB..old timers are still holding resentment 30 years later over what that nutjob casso did? I guess the level to which he screwed up solid money making efficient rackets with his paranoia and caused alotta guys to go down would make it hard to forget..so after Casso fucked it up and was busted, no other Lucchese guys were able to restart it I assume at least in upstate PA, I know in LI from what I read theyre still involved

"anyone got any info?"

Re: Garbage [Re: Long_Island] #838719
04/23/15 05:01 PM
04/23/15 05:01 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
I don't know about PA but there are transfer stations out to OH but again shit is all legal now . Things have changed , the big money ain't there like it was when they could tax everyone , that's gone , now they just regular businesses , probably low margin stuff

Re: Garbage [Re: DB] #838760
04/23/15 11:16 PM
04/23/15 11:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I don't know about PA but there are transfer stations out to OH but again shit is all legal now . Things have changed , the big money ain't there like it was when they could tax everyone , that's gone , now they just regular businesses , probably low margin stuff

You're not kidding about the transfer stations. Before they became Federally regulated, they were a license to print money.

And don't forget the weigh stations. Christ, there was more bribery at the weigh stations than anywhere else in the industry. But that's heavily regulated now, too. If the weigh station is located within spitting distance of an Interstate Thruway (like I95), it's Federal. And it's not even the prison time, it's the fines.

If you're a two-truck operation and they throw a half million dollar fine at you, you're done. Ballgame over. Believe it or not, it was better for the little guy when the Mob was still strong there. Sure, you got shook down if you were located in a Mob dominated area. But you could still make a decent living if the owner was a working partner and willing to get his hands dirty (literally).

But today? One little infraction, and the Feds tax them with fines that put them out of business (fines that are, by the way, much more than what they were paying the local wiseguys). And then the Feds set it up for Waste Management to buy the companies at auction.

Look, I'm not a Mob apologist, and something obviously had to be done about the monopoly that CN had on the carting industry. But in doing so, the Feds made themselves partners just like the people who they were prosecuting. There needs to be a balance, and law enforcement needs to be held to a higher standard.

USA Waste, BFI, Waste Management. These companies all jumped in bed with the Feds when they saw the Mob losing its grip, and they opened the door for the Feds to fuck the little guy ten times worse than the wiseguys ever did.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull