GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (The_Marble_Guy, 2 invisible), 213 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,933
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,911
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What are the best Italian cigars? #78546
11/06/04 05:42 PM
11/06/04 05:42 PM
Signore Sole Aumentante Offline OP
Capo
Signore Sole Aumentante  Offline OP
Capo
Mobsters are always smoking cigars.... what're the best type? Italian-made, of course.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78547
11/06/04 05:44 PM
11/06/04 05:44 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Are you saying that Italian made are the best kind or what are the best of the Italian made?

Cuban cigars are the overall best.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78548
11/06/04 05:46 PM
11/06/04 05:46 PM
Capo
Capo
What're the best Italian-made cigars?

I hate cigarrettes... disgusting. Cigars are alirght, but I just want Italian brands, but I don't know which type those are.

"Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo-" Michael Corleone

"I punks ed i gruppi ed i rappers moderni hanno avuti timore migliore il sole aumentante di questa cosa di il nostro."
Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78549
11/06/04 05:52 PM
11/06/04 05:52 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I always thought the best Cigars were of the Latin American variety anyways.

As Partagas, he's the expert-textpert-choking-smokers-don't-you-think-the-joker-laughs-at-you member.

Sorry, the Beatles lyrics just flew in there.

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78550
11/06/04 05:54 PM
11/06/04 05:54 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Italian Cigars are not easy to find in America. Not because they are nessesarily bad, but because there are not that many. Italy is not a big cigar producer. The best cigars out there are cubans. But any cigar from a place in the carribian is good. I enjoy Dominican Cigars. Some very good brands of Dominicans Monte Cristo and Romeo Y Julieta.(Note: these are originally Cuban but have a Dominican Brand so they can be brought to America) I have a real nice Walk in Humidor Cigar shop by my home here. They have a wide selection here. Other good kinda are Nigaruagran(much heavier smoke) The best creamy, mild smoke in my opinion, is almost anything from the Dominican Republic. Like I said, cubans are the best, such as Monte Cristo, Romeo Y Julieta, Macanudo(One of Tony Soprano's favorites ) and of course, Partagas.(Which Partagas will probably know more about.)

Hope this was helpful. Why do you ask by the way? Looking to try some? I hope your of legal age.

Doctor Ferro

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78551
11/06/04 05:57 PM
11/06/04 05:57 PM
Capo
Capo
Okay.

Being Italian, I wouldn't feel right using a Cuban cigar. I want cigars my people made. Then I can get one of those cigar cases from the Sopranos store.

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78552
11/06/04 06:07 PM
11/06/04 06:07 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
Okay.

Being Italian, I wouldn't feel right using a Cuban cigar. I want cigars my people made. Then I can get one of those cigar cases from the Sopranos store.
Trust me. Unless you are talking about mobsters in Italy, Mobsters in America ONLY smoke Cuban cigars. The Mafia here is into "the best"(as is the ones in Italy) and they smoke Cubans. Sorry, but Italians do not take the cake for cigar making. Hey, I'm Sicilian, so don't worry about it. All Mafia men smoke Cuban because they are the best. Trust me.

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.
Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78553
11/06/04 06:11 PM
11/06/04 06:11 PM
Capo
Capo
I've tried Cuban cigars, only smoking thing I've ever tried, I wasn't that pleased. Everyone has Cubans I just want to try Italian because I've always heard Italians are 2nd best types after South American, so thought I'd try them out. Are there any brands sold in America?

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78554
11/06/04 06:31 PM
11/06/04 06:31 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
I've tried Cuban cigars, only smoking thing I've ever tried, I wasn't that pleased. Everyone has Cubans I just want to try Italian because I've always heard Italians are 2nd best types after South American, so thought I'd try them out. Are there any brands sold in America?
You can try doing a search on Yahoo for Italian Cigars. But let me say this, Italian cigars are not second best. They are not even in the top 5. In order to make a good cigr you need the proper atmospheric conditions. Italy does not have this. There are very little Italian cigars that are out there. If you did not like cubans, you will pretty much hate everything else. Though Cubans are strong cigars, they are the best. You must get a cigar from the Carribian though. They must be imported from the places I mentioned in above posts. Italy is one of the smallest cigar producing countries out there, or so I hear. believe me man, don't waste your time with them. No Italian does not like a good Cuban cigar!

Doc

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78555
11/07/04 02:53 PM
11/07/04 02:53 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
Like I said, cubans are the best, such as Monte Cristo, Romeo Y Julieta, Macanudo(One of Tony Soprano's favorites ) and of course, Partagas.(Which Partagas will probably know more about.)
Macanudo Vintage Cigars are Dominican in manufacturer & taste.

Recently I tried a Cuban cigar a visiting grandfather of a friend of mine brought him from Cuba & I have to say Macanudos are better cigars than every Cuban cigar I've tasted.

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78556
11/09/04 12:31 AM
11/09/04 12:31 AM
Capo
Capo
Okay, if Italian cigars are the worst, I still want to try them.

Even if Cubans are a hundred times better, what're the best Italian brands? Give me some brand names.... I know there are several brands I don't know what they're called. Someone must know something about Italian brands.

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78557
11/09/04 02:47 AM
11/09/04 02:47 AM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
Okay, if Italian cigars are the worst, I still want to try them.

Even if Cubans are a hundred times better, what're the best Italian brands? Give me some brand names.... I know there are several brands I don't know what they're called. Someone must know something about Italian brands.
GueinaPig, You are right. Macanudos are Dominican. I was confused because they are not originally from there, they are from Jamaca.

SSA,
Seriously man, Do a search on yahoo. I don't know any Italian brands because they are scarce here. I really don't understand your obsession with italian cigars as seeing they are NOT GOOD! Will it make you less of an Italian? No. Will Italians be mad at you for smoking a Cuban? No. If you won't accept a regular cigar, then good hunting buddy, you might be out there a while. But please stop asking about Italian cigars. It's a known fact that in Italy they even import Cubans and Dominicans for Italian supply. So technically, Italian Cigars could be Cuban cigars.

Doctor Ferro

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78558
11/09/04 06:31 PM
11/09/04 06:31 PM
Capo
Capo
I'm asking about Italian cigars because I heard that cigars are still made in Italy, and I've had Cubans. Being Italian I just wanted to try one... don't really care if it's good or not. This isn't an obsession, I'm just curious.

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? #78559
11/09/04 08:46 PM
11/09/04 08:46 PM
Folsom Prison
DonFerro55 Offline
Underboss
DonFerro55  Offline
Underboss
Folsom Prison
Quote:
I'm asking about Italian cigars because I heard that cigars are still made in Italy, and I've had Cubans. Being Italian I just wanted to try one... don't really care if it's good or not. This isn't an obsession, I'm just curious.
Ok, I understand. A Pride thing!

If you find any, let me know.

Doc

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? [Re: Signore Sole Aumentante] #748894
11/18/13 02:03 PM
11/18/13 02:03 PM
U
ulisse Offline
Associate
ulisse  Offline
U
Associate
You are right for being curious. Among the best cigars in the world are the italian Toscano cigars, not yet sold in the US (but soon they will be), made with american Kentucky tobacco grown in Italy and according to a unique receipt of the Granduchy of Toscany two centuries old.
There is much to say about them, but I can just mention the fact that in Italy we can freely buy cuban cigars (no embargo for them), nonetheless italian smokers prefer Toscanos. There must be a reason, right?

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? [Re: Signore Sole Aumentante] #750395
11/26/13 09:54 PM
11/26/13 09:54 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Italian Americans don't only drink Campari or Amaretto or Grappa. Believe me, my humidor is stocked with Dominicans, Nicaraguans, and a few Cubans. When I was in Italy? I smoked Cubans. Because they're the best. Do you only cook food you had imported from Rome?

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: What are the best Italian cigars? [Re: Signore Sole Aumentante] #776876
05/11/14 12:56 AM
05/11/14 12:56 AM
C
CigarBoss Offline
Associate
CigarBoss  Offline
C
Associate
ROFL.. I! AM! THE NECROMANCER!

Sorry to bring a 10 year old post back from the dead but I ran across this post while searching for some Italian cigar information and I could not resist making an account due to the idiotic and ignorant posts here regarding cigars.

DonFerro55.. the cigar pro? rofl wow,
Quote:
If you did not like cubans, you will pretty much hate everything else. Though Cubans are strong cigars, they are the best. You must get a cigar from the Carribian though. They must be imported from the places I mentioned in above posts.

Trust me. Unless you are talking about mobsters in Italy, Mobsters in America ONLY smoke Cuban cigars. The Mafia here is into "the best"(as is the ones in Italy) and they smoke Cubans. Sorry, but Italians do not take the cake for cigar making. Hey, I'm Sicilian, so don't worry about it. All Mafia men smoke Cuban because they are the best. Trust me.

The best cigars out there are cubans. But any cigar from a place in the carribian is good. I enjoy Dominican Cigars. Some very good brands of Dominicans Monte Cristo and Romeo Y Julieta.(Note: these are originally Cuban but have a Dominican Brand so they can be brought to America) I have a real nice Walk in Humidor Cigar shop by my home here. They have a wide selection here. Other good kinda are Nigaruagran(much heavier smoke) The best creamy, mild smoke in my opinion, is almost anything from the Dominican Republic. Like I said, cubans are the best, such as Monte Cristo, Romeo Y Julieta, Macanudo(One of Tony Soprano's favorites ) and of course, Partagas.(Which Partagas will probably know more about.)

LOL there is more misinformation in these 3 statements than in entire BOOKS. Sorry bro but if you're still alive and smoke cigars I'm hoping you've learned some things? Uhg lol I apologize for being obnoxious. But this crap is pure trash and I hate seeing someone trying to educate someone else when they clearly have zero effing clue.

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? [Re: Signore Sole Aumentante] #776894
05/11/14 07:30 AM
05/11/14 07:30 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Toscani is the only Italian brand of cigar i can think off the top of my head.

I don't know much about cigars though, so couldn't tell you if there quality or not.

I do like my cubans though and gonna need to start reading up more on cigars. Romeo Y Julieta's or Montecristos are always nice.

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? [Re: Signore Sole Aumentante] #777332
05/13/14 08:00 AM
05/13/14 08:00 AM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo
According to my friends who smoke cigars, Cuban cigars are highly overrated.

They like cigars from Honduras, Mexico, Brasil, Nicaragua, Ecuador, and Costa Rica.

I asked them about Italian cigars and they said that Toscano cigars are from Tuscany Italy and are made with fermented Kentucky tobacco, and how cigars made out of whole leaf from the countries I mentioned before are better.

Re: What are the best Italian cigars? [Re: Signore Sole Aumentante] #781122
05/30/14 09:56 AM
05/30/14 09:56 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Just got back into cigars and started a blog where i can review my hopefully weekly purchases.

Forgot how good it was to have a cigar especially as the suns out at the moment. One of life's great pleasures.

I have a decent camera so will be taking some high res photos of all the cigars i buy, ill try get some Italian cigars next time around.

I was looking for the CAO cigars Tony Soprano smokes in the show, but can't find them for sale in the UK.

The Cigar Blog

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull