GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, Toodoped), 380 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,372
Posts1,059,529
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso #601198
04/28/11 08:05 AM
04/28/11 08:05 AM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline OP
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline OP
D
Underboss
Just would like to know what what do you think about this discussion about the gangster Vic Amuso? http://www.topmobs.com/?p=123

When I found it on internet, I was really surprised how the people on that blog defended him, in spite of him being a known gangster and racketeer. What embarrassed me the most is that there were even a couple of retired policemen who took his side in the discussion. When I joined under the nick “antimafioso” and tried to say something about the life of crime being a shameful thing, I received little more than insults. Could you please read this discussion and say what do you think? Is the world really going this way so that the mob bosses become “good guys” in the opinion of common people?

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #601215
04/28/11 10:30 AM
04/28/11 10:30 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Amuso has gotten alot of credit where it is NOT deserved, and some that is. I will explain:

Because Gaspipe was such a physcopath and then flipped people starting giving Amuso respect. While they were both on the street together it was thought that Gaspipe was the brains behind the family and Vic was his puppet.

After all the Bullshit got sorted out, Gaspipe flipped and Amuso stood up to a life sentence and people started giving Amuso the credit that Gaspipe got while they were on the street together.

Last edited by jvanley; 04/28/11 10:31 AM.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #601234
04/28/11 01:21 PM
04/28/11 01:21 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
It shows you how crafty Gaspipe was - he let Vic assume the mantle of boss and he settled for Underboss.
Meaning the cops would target Vic first

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: GaryH] #601263
04/28/11 03:39 PM
04/28/11 03:39 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
Amuso is your typical drug dealing, self absorbed, dishonest, low life, murdering gangster. He is really not that different from any of the other idiots that choose that life.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624137
12/11/11 04:25 PM
12/11/11 04:25 PM
K
kobie228 Offline
Associate
kobie228  Offline
K
Associate
hey dwlalin 2011 i was one of vic amuso supporters he was and is my friend and you shouldnt judge someome that you know nothing about casso was the asshole not vic kenny n boca remember me? oh i cant find that blog it seems to be gone

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624154
12/11/11 05:59 PM
12/11/11 05:59 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Gaspipe was a very intelligent and amazing earner in his day thats for sure

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624297
12/12/11 11:55 AM
12/12/11 11:55 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
I think Vic has demonstrated himself to be an individual that chose a different life, and lived up to everything he knew he was getting himself into. I don't understand the debate of who was smarter - Vic or Casso - both are in prison for the rest of their lives. But only Vic can say he lived by his (own) set of principles.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dapper_Don] #624317
12/12/11 01:17 PM
12/12/11 01:17 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Gaspipe was a very intelligent and amazing earner in his day thats for sure
too bad his paranoia and trigger happiness over shadowed him in later years

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #624400
12/12/11 04:25 PM
12/12/11 04:25 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
I think Vic has demonstrated himself to be an individual that chose a different life, and lived up to everything he knew he was getting himself into. I don't understand the debate of who was smarter - Vic or Casso - both are in prison for the rest of their lives. But only Vic can say he lived by his (own) set of principles.

Yeah, but Casso will spend the rest of his life with the shame of being a rat, more regret than just being in prison. That and Casso is in ADX, Amuso at USP Allenwood, I believe (Stanfa's there too). Casso even over shadowed Amuso on the streets. Though I've always though of the Lucchese's as way below the radar than the other 4 families.

Anyone know the full details of Casso dealin' drugs in the PC prison he was at?

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624525
12/13/11 09:34 AM
12/13/11 09:34 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Don't know the details of him dealin' drugs. And is Casso really living with the shame of flipping, or are you hoping that he is living with the shame of flipping? I don't think he has ever lamented flipping; in Carlo's book he does lament having gone into "the life." Not trying to be contentious, just asking a question.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624605
12/13/11 04:26 PM
12/13/11 04:26 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
It's one to live with the thought or shame of flipping while in a small town in Montana, quite another when your staring at slabs of concrete in your cell. It's more of a regret feeling. In Casso's situation, flipping or not flipping, he'd still be in prison. I don't think he has interaction with other inmates, which must make him wonder, if he didn't flip and instead went to another USP instead of USP/ADX Florence he'd be less regretful.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #624642
12/13/11 06:28 PM
12/13/11 06:28 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Don't know the details of him dealin' drugs. And is Casso really living with the shame of flipping, or are you hoping that he is living with the shame of flipping? I don't think he has ever lamented flipping; in Carlo's book he does lament having gone into "the life." Not trying to be contentious, just asking a question.

well Casso does regret flipping in that book he talks about how one day they were transferring him from prisons and out of chance he wound up on the same van as Vic Amuso who was also being moved around during the transfer, Amuso looked him in the eyes and was like I can tell you regret flipping,etc and Casso explained to him what happened with the feds and how they reneged on his deal and he did regret it

in that casso mobsters episode you can hear casso in the end being pissed that he made a deal with the govt and they broke it, hes like "the govt on a handshake? fuhgehabbouitttttt"

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624645
12/13/11 06:31 PM
12/13/11 06:31 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Wasn't he given 'em bullshit information on purpose?

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624647
12/13/11 06:32 PM
12/13/11 06:32 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^^the govt says he gave them some bs info, but idk im not sure, he claims the govt ostracized him cause he said gravano was a drug dealer and the govt didnt want to hear that about their star turncoat and with that the gotti conviction so they played casso

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dapper_Don] #624674
12/13/11 09:42 PM
12/13/11 09:42 PM
L
Lenin_and_McCarthy Offline
Capo
Lenin_and_McCarthy  Offline
L
Capo
^^^the govt says he gave them some bs info, but idk im not sure, he claims the govt ostracized him cause he said gravano was a drug dealer and the govt didnt want to hear that about their star turncoat and with that the gotti conviction so they played casso

From what I got out of Five Families, he only pulled that out after he was not slated to testify against Gigante. Did he ever bring it up before that letter?

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Lenin_and_McCarthy] #624689
12/13/11 11:53 PM
12/13/11 11:53 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

From what I got out of Five Families, he only pulled that out after he was not slated to testify against Gigante. Did he ever bring it up before that letter?

yea he did before and after the letter

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Lenin_and_McCarthy] #624705
12/14/11 04:28 AM
12/14/11 04:28 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA

I only thought of Gotti being the drug dealer in the Gambino crews at that time. I mean I know other Gambino crews dealt, i.e. the Cherry Hill's. I always thought that Gotti was the run that dealt or at least got Sammy into it.

Originally Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

Gigante went on trial in what, '97, right? Dying in prison in 2005. I think Casso was already doing life by then.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Nicholas] #624711
12/14/11 05:11 AM
12/14/11 05:11 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
I only thought of Gotti being the drug dealer in the Gambino crews at that time. I mean I know other Gambino crews dealt, i.e. the Cherry Hill's. I always thought that Gotti was the run that dealt or at least got Sammy into it.

Even Gotti didn't have much direct involvement in drugs. It was his brother Gene, Angelo Ruggiero, and John Carneglia that were more directly involved.

And even if Gravano had been involved in a marijuana deal, like Casso alleged, he was certainly never big into drugs either. He made most of his money from construction, nightclubs and other legit businesses, and loansharking.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624739
12/14/11 09:48 AM
12/14/11 09:48 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Was Gotti ever close with Squitieri? Speaking of, Frankos spoke very highly of Squitieri, did time and worked with him. Half of Gravano's book is him talkin about his construction businesses.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: IvyLeague] #624763
12/14/11 01:27 PM
12/14/11 01:27 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Even Gotti didn't have much direct involvement in drugs. It was his brother Gene, Angelo Ruggiero, and John Carneglia that were more directly involved.

And even if Gravano had been involved in a marijuana deal, like Casso alleged, he was certainly never big into drugs either. He made most of his money from construction, nightclubs and other legit businesses, and loansharking.
i think we all know that gravano was never huge into drugs during his time with gambino's you have any insight on what made him get into ecstasy with a bunch of kids and family members in Arizona?

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: phatmatress] #624789
12/14/11 03:53 PM
12/14/11 03:53 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: phatmatress
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

i think we all know that gravano was never huge into drugs during his time with gambino's you have any insight on what made him get into ecstasy with a bunch of kids and family members in Arizona?

not much else to do i dont think theres much labor racketeering, loan sharking, unions, etc out there idk i could be wrong

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Nicholas] #624804
12/14/11 04:30 PM
12/14/11 04:30 PM
L
Lenin_and_McCarthy Offline
Capo
Lenin_and_McCarthy  Offline
L
Capo

Gigante went on trial in what, '97, right? Dying in prison in 2005. I think Casso was already doing life by then.

His deal was first revoked in 97, and the appeal was rejected in 98. Looking through Google News, I'm not sure what year a sentence was imposed.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: phatmatress] #624898
12/15/11 03:58 AM
12/15/11 03:58 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: phatmatress

I really don't think it was for financial reasons. He didn't "need" the money. In my opinion, he missed the life and that was as close as he was going to get to it again.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/15/11 03:58 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #624904
12/15/11 05:30 AM
12/15/11 05:30 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Ivy, that's fascinating. Makes a lot of sense too, I remember that Diane Sawyer video that was posted last week, and the remarks about that money he was sitting on in Witness Protection and his smugness of it in regards to the questionaries with the victim's daughters.

I bet his family still has a lot of it too.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Nicholas] #624907
12/15/11 06:16 AM
12/15/11 06:16 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy, that's fascinating. Makes a lot of sense too, I remember that Diane Sawyer video that was posted last week, and the remarks about that money he was sitting on in Witness Protection and his smugness of it in regards to the questionaries with the victim's daughters.

I bet his family still has a lot of it too.

If I remember right, after he had been in Arizona a while, Gravano invested his money in a pool construction business and a restaurant. But maybe that wasn't exciting enough.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: IvyLeague] #625327
12/17/11 10:48 AM
12/17/11 10:48 AM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Things could have been worse for Vic Amuso, he could have been a Colombo! He supposedly ran with Joey Gallo for a time when he was beefing with Profaci. I've read on Wiki and other places Amuso was caught with two kilos or pounds of heroin at a NYC airport coming back from Thailand in the 70's. I wonder how true this is, because I don't think he did much time before his life sentence.

Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dapper_Don] #626335
12/24/11 12:37 AM
12/24/11 12:37 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
I've brought that up before best quote ever..All my life ive done business with the worst people you could ever meet on a handshake do biz wit the government on a handshake..fugettabout lol..the brooklyn accent and his demeanor makes it even funnier

well Casso does regret flipping in that book he talks about how

one day they were transferring him from prisons and out of chance he wound up on the same van as Vic Amuso who was also being moved around during the transfer, Amuso looked him in the eyes and was like I can tell you regret flipping,etc and Casso explained to him what happened with the feds and how they reneged on his deal and he did regret it

in that casso mobsters episode you can hear casso in the end being pissed that he made a deal with the govt and they broke it, hes like "the govt on a handshake? fuhgehabbouitttttt"

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #783359
06/11/14 02:04 PM
06/11/14 02:04 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

We know all about Gotti, Gravano, Casso, Gigante, Massino and Persico but we don't know a lot about Amuso.

I mean we have a sense of who all those people were and we know their many layers and characteristics but we don't really know shit about Amuso apart from the seeming contradictions that he was both "shy" and "psychopathic". We also know that he was supposedly submissive and manipulated by Casso but the Casso book by Carlo doesn't really give us a sense of any of this. He is basically just a footnote.

It's amazing that this guy was boss for 25 years up until just recently and he is probably even more of a mystery than even Salerno, Squint and Corallo.

His brother Bobby is a ghost too. Made man, wasn't he?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Moe_Tilden] #783364
06/11/14 02:47 PM
06/11/14 02:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
It's amazing that this guy was boss for 25 years up until just recently and he is probably even more of a mystery than even Salerno, Squint and Corallo.

I agree that there's not much written about him, other than Casso's version of things. But just for the record, the Lucchese powerbase has been back in the Bronx/Harlem/Westchester faction of the family for a LOOOOONG time now. That 25 years as boss was really in name only wink.

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
His brother Bobby is a ghost too. Made man, wasn't he?

Yeah, Bobby was a made guy. He may have been an acting skipper for awhile, too.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Vittorio "little Vic" Amuso [Re: Dwalin2011] #783366
06/11/14 02:51 PM
06/11/14 02:51 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
The amazing thing, pizza, is the fact that people read the gaspipe book, take everything at face value and just talk about what a genius gaspipe must have been.

The fact is we only have one account. And the account we have is the functional equivalent of politicians glorified auto-biographies about their lives.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull