GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 66 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,164
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,826
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: pizzaboy] #779471
05/21/14 03:43 PM
05/21/14 03:43 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Some of the older New Yorkers will remember this big mob hangout - Ben Maksik's Town and Country Club. It was a nightclub in southern Brooklyn during the '50s and '60s. Lots of wiseguys!

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: Footreads] #779482
05/21/14 04:03 PM
05/21/14 04:03 PM
F
Footreads Offline OP
Underboss
Footreads  Offline OP
F
Underboss
See the movie

All saints day it was made in 2000. One of my sons Friends made it in Brooklyn. I helped finance it because the script made me laugh out loud. Then I didn't think anything was funny.

They rob a seafood place famous for their lobster.

It has some very funny scenes in it. This move actually made money. It s much better then stealing. Even though it is about stealing. Let me know if you dug it.

only the unloved hate
Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: Footreads] #780425
05/27/14 05:12 AM
05/27/14 05:12 AM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
If I was in NYC it'd be demeo hangout and hells kitchen

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: DonMega1888] #780509
05/27/14 02:20 PM
05/27/14 02:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DonMega1888
If I was in NYC it'd be demeo hangout and hells kitchen

Hell's kitchen isn't a hangout. It's a neighborhood lol.

Scratch that, Hell's Kitchen used to be a neighborhood. It's called Clinton now. Starbucks. Panera Bread. A Yuppie's wet dream rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: Footreads] #780513
05/27/14 02:51 PM
05/27/14 02:51 PM
The ridge
Lilange Offline
Made Member
Lilange  Offline
Made Member
The ridge
Brooklyn.

"You come at the king you best not miss"-Omar
Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: Lilange] #781108
05/30/14 08:56 AM
05/30/14 08:56 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Here are a few of the Florida Mob hangouts in years past that are mentioned in this article from The Sun-Sentinel.

​In light of Scott Rothstein's alleged Mafiosi takedown of alleged Sicilian mobster Roberto Settineri, the Sun-Sentinel this morning attempted to explain the Mafia's presence in Broward County.

It made brief mention of Al Capone, Meyer Lansky, and Nicky Scarfo, but it was a superficial gloss-over with a few quotes from so-called experts. If you really want to know about the Mafia in Broward, read on.

And the easiest way to chart the Mafia is, of course, through the ristorantes.

Take what is perhaps the county's most popular Italian place, Martorano's on Oakland Park Boulevard. It's owned by Steve Martorano, who is the nephew of infamous mobster Raymond "Long John" Martorano, a late soldier who worked with Scarfo, one of the basest and most brutal mobsters you'll ever hear about. Long John was a 74-year-old ex-con wiseguy when he was gunned down on his way to the doctor's office in 2002.

When they were under surveillance in the late '90s, veteran wiseguys like John "Sideburns" Cerella, Vinnie "The Fish" Romano, and Jimmy Tortoriello were all documented to frequent the place, according to intelligence reports from organized-crime detectives. Romano, who was mentioned in Henry Hill's autobiography (the basis for the film Goodfellas), preferred, however, to eat his fish at Due Amici, a little Italian place in a strip mall in Pompano Beach.
Those three reputed Genovese crime family soldiers, along with capo Sam Salerno, had deep tentacles in South Florida's open territory at one time. The Bonnano crime family's Anthony Rabito, a player in Joe "Donnie Brasco" Pistone's investigation, has operated in Dania Beach. Most recently, reputed Bonnano capo Gerard Chilli was busted at his restaurant, JJ's, on the Hollywood Boardwalk.

Chilli, along with numerous associates, was hit with several criminal charges in 2006, among them a charge of selling stolen salmon at the restaurant.

But when it comes to Broward, one crime family stands out: the Gambinos. And here again, that leads to a well-known restaurant chain, Bobby Rubino's A Place for Ribs restaurants, which federal court documents show began as a Mob front. Bobby Rubino himself was a low-level Mafia bagman; the man who really ran the operation was Gambino capo Ettore Zappi, a colorful character who held court for years in Broward County.

​Zappi's grandsons, Frank and Anthony Galgano, took over Bobby Rubinos, along with the progeny of another infamous mobster, the former "godfather" Paul Castellano, who was gunned down by John Gotti's crew (which of course also operated in Broward County). Paul and Joe Castellano also own another popular chain, Big Louie's Pizza. They were represented in business by lawyer Dominic Miniaci, who also has longstanding ties, along with his brother, Albert. The Miniacis have long owned Paramount Vending and, despite the ties, are generally accepted as community leaders (the performing arts center on Nova Southeastern University's campus is named for their family).
The guy who blew the whistle on Bobby Rubino's was Pasquale Nigro, whose importance as a Mafia informant dwarfs that of Rothstein's. Nigro also gave testimony about Gambino skimming from Michael Peter's strip clubs.

But the most infamous Broward case involving the Gambino family has got to be the assassination of Greek restaurateur Gus Boulis. Allegedly involved in that murder was reputed Gambino capo Anthony Moscatiello, who was charged in the Boulis hit along with two associates. Moscatiello is alleged to have masterminded the killing as a favor for businessman Adam Kidan and hence-indicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff, who had purchased Boulis' gambling operation, SunCruz. Not sure what's happening with that case, which has a big flaw: Why would Moscatiello kill Boulis without a specific order from Kidan or Abramoff, who haven't been charged? It's a question that haunts the case.

Not sure where Moscatiello liked to eat, but you can be pretty sure it wasn't Miami Subs, Boulis' restaurant chain. There may be a lot of names in this post, but it's just a small piece of Broward Mob pie. I might add more as it comes to me.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: NNY78] #781112
05/30/14 09:09 AM
05/30/14 09:09 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Funny you mentioned Martorano's. Nicky Eyes was in Florida with his family last month and I recommended it to them.

I don't know Philly from a hole in the wall, but I've come to know Steve fairly well down there through mutual friends. He's a sweetheart. A big teddy bear type of guy. Great food, but I can only take the noise in small doses.

And one of the guys mentioned in the article used to own a strip joint in Boynton Beach, all the way up Federal Highway, close to Woolbright. A real shit neighborhood. But they took a pinch for drugs and prostitution awhile back and got shut down.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: pizzaboy] #781115
05/30/14 09:25 AM
05/30/14 09:25 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Funny you mentioned Martorano's. Nicky Eyes was in Florida with his family last month and I recommended it to them.

I don't know Philly from a hole in the wall, but I've come to know Steve fairly well down there through mutual friends. He's a sweetheart. A big teddy bear type of guy. Great food, but I can only take the noise in small doses.

And one of the guys mentioned in the article used to own a strip joint in Boynton Beach, all the way up Federal Highway, close to Woolbright. A real shit neighborhood. But they took a pinch for drugs and prostitution awhile back and got shut down.

PB,

The guy was having the girls peddle coke and give happy endings in the champagne rooms if I remember correctly. Like you said very bad neighborhood, after the city closed them down they sold the lot to Walmart.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: NNY78] #781118
05/30/14 09:34 AM
05/30/14 09:34 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: NNY78
PB,

The guy was having the girls peddle coke and give happy endings in the champagne rooms if I remember correctly. Like you said very bad neighborhood, after the city closed them down they sold the lot to Walmart.

Oh, so you're familiar with Boynton grin.

They're actually trying to clean that area up, but I really think that's where the expression "the wrong side of the tracks" came from: US1 in Boynton Beach, just west of the railroad tracks lol.

Although they fairly recently built a gorgeous complex on the Boynton Marina called Marina Village. But it ended up all rentals because they couldn't meet their pre-construction price quota. Happens all the time in South Florida.

Re: What were the mob hangouts you have been to? [Re: Footreads] #781121
05/30/14 09:55 AM
05/30/14 09:55 AM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
S&S Absorbents, Bronx whistle

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."