GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 237 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,845
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,308
Posts1,058,350
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: slumpy] #775297
05/02/14 01:00 PM
05/02/14 01:00 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Can both of you just drop it ? rolleyes There was tragedies on both sides plenty of families including my own were effected by it. I do agree with British on one thing, this thread will bring nothing but trouble.

Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: Camarel] #775299
05/02/14 01:02 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Originally Posted By: Camarel
Can both of you just drop it ? rolleyes There was tragedies on both sides plenty of families including my own were effected by it. I do agree with British on one thing, this thread will bring nothing but trouble.

This is exactly what I have been saying

British is best....
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: LaLouisiane] #775300
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Fiona from "Burn Notice" has made me an IRA sympathizer. If she'd throw me a jump I might even donate some money.

hahaha Fiona the Arms Trafficker!

Off topic (and to lighten the mood here), what happened to Gabrielle Anwar?

When she tangoed with Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman," she was gorgeous. And in the first few seasons of "Burn Notice" she was still pretty doable. But lately she got really "hard" looking.

I'd probably still bang her, though (if I was still single, of course grin ).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: Moe_Tilden] #775301
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
You guys have to cool the name-calling and flaming!

These political discussions almost always turn into a free-for-all. I know a lot of you are passionate in your beliefs and I understand you want to make a point BUT FLAMING AND NAME-CALLING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. If you can't make your point without resorting to this childish crap you better stay out of discussions like this.

Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: Moe_Tilden] #775302
05/02/14 01:03 PM
05/02/14 01:03 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Which forum, you have me mixed up with someone else as I have never been kicked of any forums?

British is best....
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: British] #775303
05/02/14 01:05 PM
05/02/14 01:05 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: British
Which forum, you have me mixed up with someone else as I have never been kicked of any forums?

Take this off the boards!

Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: SC] #775306
05/02/14 01:09 PM
05/02/14 01:09 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Originally Posted By: SC

Look mate, I never wanted this on here in the first place

This crap, should be kept off here

British is best....
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: British] #775308
05/02/14 01:12 PM
05/02/14 01:12 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SC

Look mate, I never wanted this on here in the first place

This crap, should be kept off here

It doesn't have to be "left off here." It has to be debated intelligently and without flaming other board members. Otherwise, what's the point of a message board?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: slumpy] #775309
05/02/14 01:16 PM
05/02/14 01:16 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Yes. pizzaboy hits the nail on the head.

Everything was going fine until British called me a quote "piece of shit" and "scum".

The guy needs to learn how to assimilate and accept other people's opinions and beliefs without resorting to such vitriol.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: Moe_Tilden] #775310
05/02/14 01:21 PM
05/02/14 01:21 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Everything was going fine until British called me a quote "piece of shit" and "scum".

The guy needs to learn how to assimilate and accept other people's opinions and beliefs without resorting to such vitriol.

I can debate with anyone, but not those who make fun of the death of my family and friends!

I suggest this thread has nothing to do with OC and is removed by admin

British is best....
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: British] #775311
05/02/14 01:26 PM
05/02/14 01:26 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

You're right. It really doesn't belong in an Organized Crime forum. It is being transferred to our General Discussion forum.

Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: slumpy] #775316
05/02/14 01:30 PM
05/02/14 01:30 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

This is what a consigliere does; come to a compromise.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: British] #775318
05/02/14 01:35 PM
05/02/14 01:35 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

I can debate with anyone, but not those who make fun of the death of my family and friends!

No offence British, i have no intention of weighing in on this conversation because it will just give me a sore head, but you need to obtain a bigger backbone. You're trying to make the words scum and terrorist synonymous with Catholic Ireland, while bitching about the implications of loyalist terrorism. I believe i've been pretty fair and i am partially sympathetic with both points of view, so is there any chance you could calm down and at least admit you were slightly hypocritical? Then we can debate the facts civilly without any need to close the thread.

Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: slumpy] #775426
05/03/14 11:03 AM
05/03/14 11:03 AM
A
abc123 Offline
Underboss
abc123  Offline
A
Underboss
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/psni-widen-probe-into-adams-alleged-ira-command

PSNI widen probe into Adams' alleged IRA command.

PSNI investigators are quizzing Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams about his alleged role as an IRA commander in the Troubles.

Former IRA members and Sinn Fein party colleagues say Northern Ireland police are casting a wider net in their deepening efforts to prove that party leader Gerry Adams once commanded the outlawed IRA and ordered the 1972 killing of a Belfast mother of 10.

Details of an expanding trawl for evidence emerged Saturday as detectives spent a fourth day questioning Adams about the IRA's abduction, killing and secret burial of Jean McConville. Adams had been scheduled to be charged or released by Friday night but a judge granted police a 48-hour extension of his detention. Adams, 65, took part in the court hearing via a video link from the police's interrogation center west of Belfast.

Sinn Fein's deputy leader, Martin McGuinness, said he had been informed by Adams' legal team that detectives were questioning him about many of his speeches, writings and public appearances going back to the 1970s, when he was interned without trial as an IRA suspect and wrote a newspaper column from inside prison using the pen name Brownie.

Other aides to Adams and McGuinness said Catholic west Belfast residents with IRA affiliations had been approached by police recently, asking them to make statements about their knowledge of Adams' IRA activities.

Martin McGuinness has reiterated his belief that the arrest of Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams was politically motivated, accusing members of the Police Service of Northern Ireland of being against the peace process.

McGuinness, Northern Ireland's deputy first minister, said there was an "embittered rump of the old RUC (Royal Ulster Constabulary)" within the PSNI that was trying to settle old scores.

He spoke at the unveiling of a mural in Belfast of Adams, who is spending his fourth day in police custody in connection with the murder of mother-of-10 Jean McConville in 1972.

Mr McGuinness told the cheering crowd that Adams' arrest was designed to affect Sinn Fein ahead of local and European elections.

He said: "No police force anywhere in the world is immune from criticism if it is acting in a politically biased and partisan fashion.

"The arrest of Gerry Adams is evidence of that fact that there is an element in the PSNI who are against the peace process and hate Gerry Adams and hate Sinn Fein.

"They are what the reformers within the PSNI have described to us as the 'Dark Side'."

Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: Camarel] #776211
05/07/14 11:30 AM
05/07/14 11:30 AM
S
slumpy Offline OP
Capo
slumpy  Offline OP
S
Capo

I also feel like I've been relatively objective in my OP. I tried to make it clear that I have no dog in this fight and that I see both sides of the issue -- Perhaps I failed in that.

I apologize for offending anyone. That was not my intention and I clearly posted this thread in the wrong forum. I should have been cognizant of the fact that posting this particular thread in the RL OC section was insinuating things I really honestly did not intend.

Sorry about that, guys. I hate seeing threads that I start devolve into flame wars. I hope I've been here long enough to show that I'm not a malicious troll intent on riling up the locals.

Last edited by slumpy; 05/07/14 11:31 AM.
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: slumpy] #776239
05/07/14 01:55 PM
05/07/14 01:55 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
I can think of worse things to be than a piece of shit and/or scum.

British, for starters.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams arrested [Re: slumpy] #776286
05/07/14 07:23 PM
05/07/14 07:23 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: slumpy

I also feel like I've been relatively objective in my OP. I tried to make it clear that I have no dog in this fight and that I see both sides of the issue -- Perhaps I failed in that.

I apologize for offending anyone. That was not my intention and I clearly posted this thread in the wrong forum. I should have been cognizant of the fact that posting this particular thread in the RL OC section was insinuating things I really honestly did not intend.

Sorry about that, guys. I hate seeing threads that I start devolve into flame wars. I hope I've been here long enough to show that I'm not a malicious troll intent on riling up the locals.

As far as i'm concerned you did nothing wrong by starting this thread. It's just inevitable that certain people would be unable to argue the facts objectively without emotion.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull