GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Liggio, Mafia101), 140 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,727
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #774886
04/30/14 08:17 AM
04/30/14 08:17 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Under the NBA constitution and by-laws the league can suspend or expel an owner (or anybody) for conduct prejudicial or detrimental to the league. Removing ownership rights is harder, and would be a drawn out affair. There are several bases stated in the by-laws that would justify removal of ownership (or a forced sale). This is where litigation would ensue. While all thirty NBA teams, including the Clippers, embraced Silver's findings, any basis to force the sale would be subject to litigation.

Sterling cares little for the by-laws as evidenced when he moved his team to LA without owner consent and was fined. He responded by suing the NBA.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: klydon1] #774887
04/30/14 08:23 AM
04/30/14 08:23 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Under the NBA constitution and by-laws the league can suspend or expel an owner (or anybody) for conduct prejudicial or detrimental to the league. Removing ownership rights is harder, and would be a drawn out affair. There are several bases stated in the by-laws that would justify removal of ownership (or a forced sale). This is where litigation would ensue. While all thirty NBA teams, including the Clippers, embraced Silver's findings, any basis to force the sale would be subject to litigation.

Sterling cares little for the by-laws as evidenced when he moved his team to LA without owner consent and was fined. He responded by suing the NBA.

Is it true that Sterling is an accomplished lawyer himself, Klyd?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Turnbull] #774908
04/30/14 09:45 AM
04/30/14 09:45 AM
M
MikeyO Offline
BANNED
MikeyO  Offline
BANNED
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
To hate or fear others because of their race, religion, skin color, age, gender or sexual orientation is ipso facto irrational. Sterling is a prime example: a public racist who owns a NBA basketball team whose players, like those on the other teams, are overwhelmingly black.

What do you mean by that? Are some players blacker than others?

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: MikeyO] #774910
04/30/14 10:41 AM
04/30/14 10:41 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: MikeyO

This is a serious discussion. Don't pollute it with nonsense like this.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: SC] #774914
04/30/14 11:00 AM
04/30/14 11:00 AM
M
MikeyO Offline
BANNED
MikeyO  Offline
BANNED
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: MikeyO

This is a serious discussion. Don't pollute it with nonsense like this.

Me so Sor-wee

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: IvyLeague] #774943
04/30/14 01:20 PM
04/30/14 01:20 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
One thing that struck me almost immediately when I heard about Sterling's comments was the hypocrisy on the Left.

You'll recall back during the Clinton fiasco with Monica Lewinsky, many lefties defended Clinton by saying that his personal flings didn't affect his ability to be U.S. president.

Now, one could make the same argument here - that Sterling's bonehead (and rather bizarre) racial beliefs don't really affect his ability to be the owner of an NBA team, little of which goes beyond writing checks.

While not defending Sterling's comments, it just goes to show the selective moral outrage in our society today, particularly by politically-correct driven liberals. They don't much value on fidelity in marriage so Clinton being an adulterer was no big deal to them. Being a racist, however, is almost worse than being child-molester in their book so they were out for a pound of flesh in this case.

This off base overgeneralization makes no sense, and stop saying you are not defending Sterling's comments. You are defending them and in the process condemning what you pereive to be "selective" outrage. As a left-leaning democrat, neither I nor anyone I know ever said they approved of Clinton's misconduct and his lying about it. The distinction about drawing a line between his personal life and his public life came when the idiots in the House impeached him. At that point, the question became whether or not clinton had committed a "high crime or misdomeanor" as is written in the Constitution. I and the United States Senate thought it did not.

The NBA is not part of the federal government. There is no right to free speech or opinion within the NBA because ownership of an NBA team is not something the Constitution grants. One of Sterling's statements was that he wrote the checks for the players, and thus paid for their houses, cars, etc. He omits that the players earn their living by playing the game and that he profits from it. Are they supposed to play for free? Does he think people come to see the owners and not the players? It is a plantation mentality pure and simple.

Your pitiful analysis is as bad as Rush Limbaugh's false claim that Sterling was a democrat who was being punished for not giving Obama enough money.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: dontomasso] #774944
04/30/14 01:57 PM
04/30/14 01:57 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
One thing that struck me almost immediately when I heard about Sterling's comments was the hypocrisy on the Left.

You'll recall back during the Clinton fiasco with Monica Lewinsky, many lefties defended Clinton by saying that his personal flings didn't affect his ability to be U.S. president.

Now, one could make the same argument here - that Sterling's bonehead (and rather bizarre) racial beliefs don't really affect his ability to be the owner of an NBA team, little of which goes beyond writing checks.

While not defending Sterling's comments, it just goes to show the selective moral outrage in our society today, particularly by politically-correct driven liberals. They don't much value on fidelity in marriage so Clinton being an adulterer was no big deal to them. Being a racist, however, is almost worse than being child-molester in their book so they were out for a pound of flesh in this case.

This off base overgeneralization makes no sense, and stop saying you are not defending Sterling's comments. You are defending them and in the process condemning what you pereive to be "selective" outrage. As a left-leaning democrat, neither I nor anyone I know ever said they approved of Clinton's misconduct and his lying about it. The distinction about drawing a line between his personal life and his public life came when the idiots in the House impeached him. At that point, the question became whether or not clinton had committed a "high crime or misdomeanor" as is written in the Constitution. I and the United States Senate thought it did not.

The NBA is not part of the federal government. There is no right to free speech or opinion within the NBA because ownership of an NBA team is not something the Constitution grants. One of Sterling's statements was that he wrote the checks for the players, and thus paid for their houses, cars, etc. He omits that the players earn their living by playing the game and that he profits from it. Are they supposed to play for free? Does he think people come to see the owners and not the players? It is a plantation mentality pure and simple.

Your pitiful analysis is as bad as Rush Limbaugh's false claim that Sterling was a democrat who was being punished for not giving Obama enough money.
clap clap clap

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #774959
04/30/14 04:26 PM
04/30/14 04:26 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's take

Interesting analysis but then again Mr. Skyhook is an interesting guy (but he STILL wasn't fouled by Laimbeer in that finals game) tongue

Quote:
...Yes, I’m angry, too, but not just about the sins of Donald Sterling. I’ve got a list. But let’s start with Sterling. I used to work for him, back in 2000 when I coached for the Clippers for three months. He was congenial, even inviting me to his daughter’s wedding. Nothing happened or was said to indicate he suffered from IPMS (Irritable Plantation Master Syndrome). Since then, a lot has been revealed about Sterling’s business practices...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Lilo] #774962
04/30/14 04:32 PM
04/30/14 04:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
but he STILL wasn't fouled by Laimbeer in that finals game

Laimbeer's STILL a neanderthal grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #774964
04/30/14 04:41 PM
04/30/14 04:41 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
but he STILL wasn't fouled by Laimbeer in that finals game

Laimbeer's STILL a neanderthal grin.

How come we used a guy like Laimbeer? An animal like that?

There are men in this world who go about demanding to be killed. You must have noticed them. I have seen a man, a fool, deliberately infuriate a group of dangerous men and he himself without any resources.. Most of these people are of no concern to ourselves but a Laimbeer is a powerful weapon to be used.. lol

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Lilo] #774965
04/30/14 04:46 PM
04/30/14 04:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
lol lol

All kidding aside, though. It's funny that you don't hear much from Laimbeer. You still see plenty of Salley and Dumars and, of course, Isiah. But not Laimbeer. Or is that my imagination?

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #774966
04/30/14 04:51 PM
04/30/14 04:51 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I think he's still coaching in WNBA. Some local people constantly say he should be coaching in NBA. I think he alienated so many people that him head coaching in the NBA would be virtually impossible.

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Lilo] #774968
04/30/14 04:59 PM
04/30/14 04:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I think he's still coaching in WNBA. Some local people constantly say he should be coaching in NBA. I think he alienated so many people that him head coaching in the NBA would be virtually impossible.

Yeah, but Isiah loved him. Vinnie Johnson, too, if I remember correctly. And Laimbeer came from a VERY well-to-do family, while those two came up poor. Detroit makes strange bedfellows lol.

Whatever happened to Vinnie Johnson? I always liked him smile.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775001
05/01/14 04:34 AM
05/01/14 04:34 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
The Microwave! ESPN did a great 30-30 on the bad boys. Brought me back to my childhood. Was a great documentary

When Interpol?
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: cheech] #775002
05/01/14 04:45 AM
05/01/14 04:45 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cheech
The Microwave! ESPN did a great 30-30 on the bad boys. Brought me back to my childhood. Was a great documentary

I turned thirty in 1989. I hate you lol

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775028
05/01/14 07:21 AM
05/01/14 07:21 AM
M
MikeyO Offline
BANNED
MikeyO  Offline
BANNED
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I turned thirty in 1989. I hate you lol

That must of been great to live in that era could make a killing of drugs and other illegal shit

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: cheech] #775029
05/01/14 07:22 AM
05/01/14 07:22 AM
M
MikeyO Offline
BANNED
MikeyO  Offline
BANNED
M
Capo

Nothing like heating up some meatballs and gravy w a Pepsi

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: MikeyO] #775047
05/01/14 08:07 AM
05/01/14 08:07 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
MikeyO - Whatever issues you have with pizzaboy and cheech better remain off these boards. You have to stop hounding them like a lost little puppy following his beloved master. Just stop it! You won't be told again.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: SC] #775048
05/01/14 08:09 AM
05/01/14 08:09 AM
M
MikeyO Offline
BANNED
MikeyO  Offline
BANNED
M
Capo
Originally Posted By: SC
MikeyO - Whatever issues you have with pizzaboy and cheech better remain off these boards. You have to stop hounding them like a lost little puppy following his beloved master. Just stop it! You won't be told again.

I don't have issues with them were all friends who joke around I'll keep it off the board sorry SC

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775176
05/01/14 06:55 PM
05/01/14 06:55 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
interesting article from before the ban
title is "Clippers owner Donald Sterling Besmirches Jewish Basketball History""

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/11757...ketball-history

Last edited by getthesenets; 05/01/14 06:57 PM.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: getthesenets] #775193
05/02/14 02:44 AM
05/02/14 02:44 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Racism is still rife in soccer in mainland Europe, an awful thing in this day and age. Eastern Europe especially, but in Spain at the weekend, Dani Alves, a black Brazilian who plays for the mighty Barcelona was pelted with bananas whilst taking a corner!!!! Absolutely shocking. What is the matter with these people???

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775213
05/02/14 06:39 AM
05/02/14 06:39 AM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
I think it's hilarious that the Bunny Ranch also banned him for life, what a joke.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775215
05/02/14 06:54 AM
05/02/14 06:54 AM
P
padrone Offline
Made Member
padrone  Offline
P
Made Member
What I find funny is that under CA law, if a conversation is to be recorded you must have the consent of all parties involved. When asked if the recording was legal his girlfriends attorney said he consented to the recording. This guy did not make his billion being that fing stupid. He is going to sue TMZ and the gf. But that brings up an important point. Should we be judged by our private conversations or by our public speech and how we treat others? That's one of the reasons some states have the consent laws I am no racist like this loon but we all say things to wives, pals and others that taken out of context or by someone who does not know us would make us unemployable.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775237
05/02/14 08:26 AM
05/02/14 08:26 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@padrone

what the fuck did donald sterling say that was taken outta context?

he fucked up, and is going to lose his team to magic johnson......LOL

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: pizzaboy] #775250
05/02/14 10:00 AM
05/02/14 10:00 AM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo
I'm glad he is getting fired. Even if his girlfriend/mistress had not recorded their conversation someone else would have.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: klydon1] #775256
05/02/14 10:22 AM
05/02/14 10:22 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: klydon1
You miss the point entirely. The damage that Sterling's exposed racism brings adversely affects the entire league and pollutes the brand, and his continued association with the NBA in any visible capacity, let aloneas an owner, would harm the economic and social integrity of the league.

The league has been built by minorities and has acquired an inclusive and ever-expanding global following. There's no room for mindset from an owner that is disgusted by having Blacks attend games.

By the way, if you think an owner's role is only about writing checks, you're misinformed. The owners are the driving force of league decisions on many aspects, including marketing and employment. A racist owner has no place in professional sports.

You're overreaching by comparing this with Clinton's affair with Lewinski, but I'm not surprised by the direction you would want to take this issue.

How am I overreaching? The same argument you make here about Sterling's comments "adversely affects the entire league and pollutes the brand" could be made about Clinton's behavior (and lying about it afterward) adversely affecting and polluting the office of the President of the United States. The difference is, you start spinning the defense for one but not the other solely based on your politically liberal and secularist leanings.

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

You say I'm generalizing and yet my comment obviously applies to you who, by the way, aren't just a "left leaning Democrat" but the single biggest liberal hack on this forum (which is filled with them). Even other libs here have admitted you have no objectivity.

In typical partisan fashion, you defend Clinton because his behavior was part of his personal life and not his public life. Yet, the same argument could be made about Sterling's private comments. But like Kyldon above, you chose to split hairs because you favor one guy but not the other. If anything, Clinton is more to blame simply because he was a public figure in the highest office in the land and Sterling just a private citizen voicing his own (admittedly absurd) opinions.

Nobody is defending Sterling. Nail him to the wall if you want but you you libs can't be selective in your moral outrage and then pretend to be consistent.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: cookcounty] #775274
05/02/14 11:34 AM
05/02/14 11:34 AM
P
padrone Offline
Made Member
padrone  Offline
P
Made Member
I did not say that it was taken out of context. I stated that we all say things that could be taken out of context or there are things that we say in private that we would NEVER say in public. That includes us all. I am not defending this dipsh*& but what I am saying is that we should be judged by out public speech and actions. This guy was going to get an award from the NAACP for crying out loud. It was also said if that his racism was a known fact and was never made public like this. If that is true all of the feigned outrage is bs. Apparently everyone knew this man to be a closet klansman and were glad to work for or with him or take his money.

That being said, the release of these tapes may be against California law and the NBA is going to have a fight when it comes to forcing a sale. I hope he burns but it aint gonna be easy.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: padrone] #775275
05/02/14 11:48 AM
05/02/14 11:48 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: padrone
I did not say that it was taken out of context. I stated that we all say things that could be taken out of context or there are things that we say in private that we would NEVER say in public. That includes us all. I am not defending this dipsh*& but what I am saying is that we should be judged by out public speech and actions. This guy was going to get an award from the NAACP for crying out loud. It was also said if that his racism was a known fact and was never made public like this. If that is true all of the feigned outrage is bs. Apparently everyone knew this man to be a closet klansman and were glad to work for or with him or take his money.

That being said, the release of these tapes may be against California law and the NBA is going to have a fight when it comes to forcing a sale. I hope he burns but it aint gonna be easy.

A lot of the outrage is, indeed, feigned. The fact that the new NBA commissioner actually went as far as to ban the guy for life shows the decision was largely driven by political correctness and pressure to appease the mostly black players. You'd have to have a cookcounty-like IQ to believe the punishment fits the crime here. Look at all the convicted athlete felons who are allowed to return to sports. Like I said, liberal-driven political correctness is quick to forgive all sorts of crimes and indiscretions but not racism.

Again, this is not to excuse Sterling's comments but to show the selective moral outrage and inconsistent punishments involved.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: IvyLeague] #775283
05/02/14 12:18 PM
05/02/14 12:18 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: padrone

A lot of the outrage is, indeed, feigned. The fact that the new NBA commissioner actually went as far as to ban the guy for life shows the decision was largely driven by political correctness and pressure to appease the mostly black players. You'd have to have a cookcounty-like IQ to believe the punishment fits the crime here. Look at all the convicted athlete felons who are allowed to return to sports. Like I said, liberal-driven political correctness is quick to forgive all sorts of crimes and indiscretions but not racism.

Again, this is not to excuse Sterling's comments but to show the selective moral outrage and inconsistent punishments involved.

That's actually a very good point, i hadn't thought of that. Why is Michael Vick alowed back into sport after running an illegal dog fighting ring or Mike Tyson allowed back after a rape conviction? While how stupid and disgusting Sterlings comments were he wasn't actually breaking any laws, he was exorcising free speech no matter how shameful. Forced or not i believe he'll sell anyway because there's a good chance of a player boycott, and with the Clippers history of being the worst in the NBA no chance any fans black,white or yellow will stick behind him, jeopardizing the best side they've ever had of Chris Paul,Blake Griffin,etc.

Re: NBA Owner's Racist Rant [Re: Camarel] #775344
05/02/14 03:51 PM
05/02/14 03:51 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Ivy

The owner of the Colts was recently caught with FELONY amounts of illegal drugs a few weeks after the Superbowl.

I'll update this thread when the case is decided but would you go on record and guess what kind of legal ramifications will result?
What penalties do you think the NFL will impose on Irsay?

here' a article that came out shortly after the arrest

http://deadspin.com/police-jim-irsay-was-arrested-with-a-briefcase-full-of-1552701373

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull