GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CNote), 132 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,537
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: getthesenets] #768685
03/18/14 03:52 PM
03/18/14 03:52 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@Sonny

Yeah, that's the way I thought things worked here. State your opinion, corroborate and then another person can either agree or challenge your points and then back up their stance with points of their own.

====

@LittleNicky

I thought I would come back to this thread and read you apologizing to me like a man after you jumped to conclusions, but I won't hold my breath.

No, I quite intentionally jumped on you for another incoherent post that asked and answered essentially "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?".

The point is- all the wishful thinking and just-so stories in the world do not overcome the fact that vast majority of mobsters have always been and continue to be democrats. Unless you seriously deny this, there is no point to this thread. Move on, the question has been answered. If you do deny this, I would love to see some actual information.

The question in the thread is a empirical one. Not a lets invent stories game or one of evaluating "ethos" like Sonny. You can't actually assess or challenge something that contains NO FACTS.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 03/18/14 04:04 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: pizzaboy] #768705
03/18/14 06:16 PM
03/18/14 06:16 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I can't believe this thread is still going, but I'll throw in my two cents anyway. Being that there's not much collusion going on between wiseguys and politicians today, you have to go all the way back.

It was the mob's political connections back in the '30s and '40s which allowed them to become the powerhouse they eventually became. It's the very reason no start-up ethnic crime group today can ever match what they accomplished: You just can't buy that kind of political protection in today's world.

And if you're going to talk about that time period, it begins and ends with Frank Costello and the crooked Tammany Hall Democrats. Now I'm sure that Republican judges and politicians took bribes, too. But Costello's bread and butter was his political allies in the Democratic party. It's no contest.

Yes, i guess that's a valid point, historically. But I think the Genovese are (or were) down with at least one Republican. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/24/nyregion/24christie.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #768708
03/18/14 06:33 PM
03/18/14 06:33 PM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline OP
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline OP
Underboss
Willenhall
I remember seeing in Boardwalk Empire that Capone was trying to swing the Cicero election in the Republicans favour but that was nearly 100 years ago so both parties have changed agendas

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Fleming_Ave] #768709
03/18/14 06:37 PM
03/18/14 06:37 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
I can't believe this thread is still going, but I'll throw in my two cents anyway. Being that there's not much collusion going on between wiseguys and politicians today, you have to go all the way back.

It was the mob's political connections back in the '30s and '40s which allowed them to become the powerhouse they eventually became. It's the very reason no start-up ethnic crime group today can ever match what they accomplished: You just can't buy that kind of political protection in today's world.

And if you're going to talk about that time period, it begins and ends with Frank Costello and the crooked Tammany Hall Democrats. Now I'm sure that Republican judges and politicians took bribes, too. But Costello's bread and butter was his political allies in the Democratic party. It's no contest.

Yes, i guess that's a valid point, historically. But I think the Genovese are (or were) down with at least one Republican. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/24/nyregion/24christie.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Oh yea, they love former federal prosecutors.

I also love the article, pointing to vague family associations in attempt to smear someone. Somehow I think NYT wouldn't write such an article about a up-and-coming black candidate that had a distant cousin in the crips.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: LittleNicky] #768732
03/18/14 11:37 PM
03/18/14 11:37 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky

I also love the article, pointing to vague family associations in attempt to smear someone. Somehow I think NYT wouldn't write such an article about a up-and-coming black candidate that had a distant cousin in the crips.

Tino died a free man, how many high ranking mob guys do that these days? No looking (honor system here) tell me how many Genovese men Christie put away in his stint as US Attorney? NJ is the Genovese Family's backyard.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: LittleNicky] #768740
03/19/14 04:48 AM
03/19/14 04:48 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave

did they check the mans birth certificate?

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #768759
03/19/14 11:33 AM
03/19/14 11:33 AM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Its laughable because both parties are essentially the same with identical mercantilist agendas. Hence why elections in the last 30 years have mostly been about expounding on arbitrary social issues (abortion, gun control, stem cell research) as though they are worthy platforms from which to launch a political campaign.

In the last 20 years, privatized prisons have been a booming industry. The fed is chomping at the bit to throw people in jail for longer periods of time for lesser offences. This evolution of criminal justice has been going on seamlessly throughout republican and democratic presidential reigns. why? because the parties only pay lip service to their supposed differences. I mean, really, is Obama's presidency that different from Bush's? Not really. Same military industrial complex bullshit.

Nicky is probably (and I only say probably because I've never looked it up for myself) right but there's no harm in speculation. I wasn't saying I was right, just throwing out a hypothesis based on what I understand about politics.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: slumpy] #768772
03/19/14 12:34 PM
03/19/14 12:34 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: slumpy
Its laughable because both parties are essentially the same with identical mercantilist agendas. Hence why elections in the last 30 years have mostly been about expounding on arbitrary social issues (abortion, gun control, stem cell research) as though they are worthy platforms from which to launch a political campaign.

Agreed. Both parties have moved far to the right on economic issues. Wall Street types have enormous influence over both.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #787736
07/07/14 02:25 PM
07/07/14 02:25 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
The Republicans are not against ALL regulation, but are against OPPRESSIVE regulation and OVER REGULATION.

Pointless rhetoric. What party or political theory is in favour of OPPRESSIVE and OVER REGULATION?

You may as well say the republicans stand for good things and are against bad.

On the Mafia being capitalist, I would disagree with that too. How is the Mafia in any sense free market? Lying, deception, fraud, cheating, threatening, bullying, robbing and murdering are not capitalist.

None of these things are Democrat either. None of these things are ANY political philosophy.

Having a criminal street tax is free market? Aren't Republicans known for wanting to lower taxes? This in itself contradicts your claim.

A street Tax is no Tax at all. It is simple extortion.
The purpose of Tax is to maintain public infrastructure, services, the military etc. The Mafia's 'Tax' serves zero public service and is no more a tax than in name. So this doesn't contradict any claim whatsoever.

However, criminal violence is never capitalist or free market.

Nor is it a political philosophy.

In a free market there have to be a rational and moral set of rules that people/the market follows.

A free market SIMPLY and ONLY means the the economics of supply and demand determine market forces.
It has nothing to do with rationale and certainly any moral set of rules.

Thanks to Pizzaboy for bringing this forgotten link to our attention.

Anyway, to respond to Sonny Blackstein's rant, nothing he wrote really disagrees with what I wrote earlier. I was writing about politically biased mischaracterizations put out by getthesenets, but Blackstein seems to think it was some sort of personal attack, which it wasn't. Pointing out facts is not pointless rhetoric.

Last edited by Faithful1; 07/07/14 02:25 PM.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787740
07/07/14 02:34 PM
07/07/14 02:34 PM
Brooklyn
Paddy_James Offline
Button
Paddy_James  Offline
Button
Brooklyn
Seems more like Democrats, which have always held some sort of corruption. Tammany Hall did employ Irish gangs for voter intimidation. Democrats have always "helped" immigrants, but mostly the bad ones.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Faithful1] #787749
07/07/14 02:58 PM
07/07/14 02:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Thanks to Pizzaboy for bringing this forgotten link to our attention.

My pleasure, buddy smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787805
07/07/14 09:56 PM
07/07/14 09:56 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Overall, would have to agree with Paddy James. There are exceptions, of course. In the 1920s the corrupt mayor was Big Bill Thompson and the clean one was a Democrat. Thompson lost his last race to a corrupt Democrat, Anton Cermak, and it has been in the hands of corrupt Democrats ever since. In Atlantic City, the corrupt mayor was Enoch Johnson, another Republican. In New York City it was the other way around, with corrupt Democrats until Fiorello LaGuardia, who was an anti-crime Republican.

Individual cases of corruption aside, in terms of general policy, the Republicans are generally anti-union and strong on law and order, so less friendly to organized crime. If the Libertarians ever came to power it would be a different story. They would probably decriminalize all illegal drugs, legalize loan sharking (without the violence) and all forms of gambling and prostitution. However, they aren't too pro-union.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787862
07/08/14 10:51 AM
07/08/14 10:51 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
In my day there was no liberal Italians where I lived. But they definately did business with unions and democrates. Because liberal democrates believed and still do I think in the end justifies the means.

My normal part of me knows the end never justifies the means.

No one that I knew in those days voted I didn't.

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Footreads] #787864
07/08/14 11:00 AM
07/08/14 11:00 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Footreads
In my day there was no liberal Italians where I lived. But they definately did business with unions and democrates. Because liberal democrates believed and still do I think in the end justifies the means.

My normal part of me knows the end never justifies the means.

No one that I knew in those days voted I didn't.

You know what? Speak for yourself. My grandparents lived at 325 Pleasant for fifty years. And while they weren't very liberal themselves, that neighborhood as a whole, like every other immigrant stronghold, Italian or otherwise, had way more registered Democrats than Republicans. It's a matter of public record, if researching such a thing interests you.

But you don't strike me as the type who ever voted anyway, so what am I telling you for? tongue grin

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787865
07/08/14 11:12 AM
07/08/14 11:12 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I know that my party affiliation is a democrate. But the democratic party is not same as I was a kid. It's the not same at all.

But some knuckleheads still vote for them any way.

I only started to vote in the last 15 years. I would never vote democrates. Not that I am a fanatic about voting. Got really pissed off my wife for voting for that great leader of men Obama.

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787866
07/08/14 11:16 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Pizza do you vote for those liberal democrates now? Isn't their Idea that the end justifies the means or am I wrong about that?

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Footreads] #787867
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I know that my party affiliation is a democrate. But the democratic party is not same as I was a kid. It's the not same at all.

I only started to vote in the last 15 years. I would never vote democrates. Not that I am a fanatic about voting. Got really pissed off my wife for voting for that great leader of men Obama.

Well, I actually just made a similar point in one of the other threads (yesterday, I think).

It's an indisputable fact that many Italian Americans who were Democrats while they lived in the old Italian strongholds, switched parties when they moved to the suburbs (which actually coincided with the Democratic Party going off the rails and becoming ultra-liberal wink ).

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Footreads] #787868
07/08/14 11:17 AM
07/08/14 11:17 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pizza do you vote for those liberal democrates now?

No. Check my initial reply just above this post.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787870
07/08/14 11:22 AM
07/08/14 11:22 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
So democrates Italian incidently were asking us to sign a petition for a democrat running for something. My wife was talking to them.

Then I come out and ask them what do you think about our president and our Mayor. It was not good. I said is this guy different they said he was very different. My wife signed it. They asked me why don't I sign it. I tell them because I don't know you so I don't trust you. How do I know your not lying to get me to sign.

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Footreads] #787871
07/08/14 11:24 AM
07/08/14 11:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pizza do you vote for those liberal democrates now?

I just answered no to this question, but I should really clarify. I don't vote for the loony tunes on the far right, either. I consider myself a moderate, which manages to piss everyone off. So I must be doing something right lol.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787874
07/08/14 11:37 AM
07/08/14 11:37 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Far right are those the tea party mostly old people who think we should follow the constitution?

I frankly don't see how they are far right looney tunes.

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787876
07/08/14 11:45 AM
07/08/14 11:45 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Far right were invented by liberal democrates who had to demon the tea party.

Far left really dig the occupy wall street anarchists.

I went down there when they were demonstrating.

They were made up of a lot of young kids who knew nothing about anything.

They were lead by their noses by old fart anarkists communists white guys.

They would say something. These kids just repeated what they said word for word like machines who could not think for themselves.

During a low I told some of these kids. That those guys leading them are full of shit and to go home.

Two of those leaders came up to me both younger them me, and started to insult me. I stuck my fingers in their eyes and droped them both. Then oi told this kuds these guys don't care about you go home.

Funny never a cop around when they needed them

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787877
07/08/14 11:48 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Lastly Germany plays Brazil in 15 minutes. Watch Brazil get knocked out of the tournament I hope.

Should be a good freaking game.

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Footreads] #787878
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

i'm sure bush the 2nd was a better president

obama stopped the bleeding which is all he could do with what he was given

america probably won't ever fully recover from what bush and the repubs did

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Footreads] #787879
07/08/14 11:49 AM
07/08/14 11:49 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Lastly Germany plays Brazil in 15 minutes. Watch Brazil get knocked out of the tournament I hope.

Should be a good freaking game.

Does that mean you won't be posting for a few hours? grin grin

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #787903
07/08/14 02:44 PM
07/08/14 02:44 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Yes brazil 1 Germany 7. Could have been 10 -1. Holy cow.

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Footreads] #787904
07/08/14 02:45 PM
07/08/14 02:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Yes brazil 1 Germany 7. Could have been 10 -1. Holy cow.

Fucking shocking eek.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: cookcounty] #787905
07/08/14 02:46 PM
07/08/14 02:46 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

The young Bush was a pussy. But even that jerk off was better then Obama.

Do you think you are better off then you were 6 years ago personally now?

only the unloved hate
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: cookcounty] #787906
07/08/14 02:55 PM
07/08/14 02:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
america probably won't ever fully recover from what bush and the repubs did

Oh, please. Like Bush didn't inherit a mess from Clinton. And Clinton didn't inherit a mess from Bush the First. And Bush the First didn't inherit a mess from Reagan. And Reagan didn't inherit a mess from Carter. You're pretty dumb, but even you have to see where I'm going here. Every administration blames the last.

I supported Obama in 2008 and I'm big enough to admit that he's the biggest disappointment since the New Coke. He'll be a pariah when he checks out of office. Not that he gives a shit. Not as long as he and his mutt wife can keep getting their pictures taken with Jay Z and and the other skank.

You want America to recover? Here's an idea: Get off your ass and get a fucking job, instead of living down to the most repugnant stereotype in this history of this once great country.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Faithful1] #787907
07/08/14 03:22 PM
07/08/14 03:22 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
The Republicans are not against ALL regulation, but are against OPPRESSIVE regulation and OVER REGULATION.

Pointless rhetoric. What party or political theory is in favour of OPPRESSIVE and OVER REGULATION?

You may as well say the republicans stand for good things and are against bad.

On the Mafia being capitalist, I would disagree with that too. How is the Mafia in any sense free market? Lying, deception, fraud, cheating, threatening, bullying, robbing and murdering are not capitalist.

None of these things are Democrat either. None of these things are ANY political philosophy.

Having a criminal street tax is free market? Aren't Republicans known for wanting to lower taxes? This in itself contradicts your claim.

A street Tax is no Tax at all. It is simple extortion.
The purpose of Tax is to maintain public infrastructure, services, the military etc. The Mafia's 'Tax' serves zero public service and is no more a tax than in name. So this doesn't contradict any claim whatsoever.

However, criminal violence is never capitalist or free market.

Nor is it a political philosophy.

In a free market there have to be a rational and moral set of rules that people/the market follows.

A free market SIMPLY and ONLY means the the economics of supply and demand determine market forces.
It has nothing to do with rationale and certainly any moral set of rules.

Anyway, to respond to Sonny Blackstein's rant, nothing he wrote really disagrees with what I wrote earlier.

I think you'll find in said 'rant' I actually disagreed with everything you said.

Point by point.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull