GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, Brovelli, 2 invisible), 140 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,455
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,866
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,517
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? #767143
03/09/14 05:58 PM
03/09/14 05:58 PM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline OP
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline OP
Underboss
Willenhall
Democrats:
Believes in keeping labor unions placing them there for the mafia but I'm sure they want a careful screening process making it hard for mobsters to gain top positions anymore

Republicans:
Sometimes considered to be more corruptible (not my personal opinion it's most other peoples) but they believe in strengthening Corporations making Extortion harder for mobsters

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767147
03/09/14 06:40 PM
03/09/14 06:40 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Nearly every single modern mobster I have ever found is a registered democrat. My guess is it relates to both being prevalent in blue states and sometimes with unions.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767168
03/09/14 09:58 PM
03/09/14 09:58 PM
C
cmoss Offline
Wiseguy
cmoss  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Democrats.

I'm not a political or mafia expert. But I have thought the unions and teamsters all support democrats, and with that support leads to returning favors after getting elected.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767176
03/09/14 11:02 PM
03/09/14 11:02 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
LMAO! I don't think either party will take money from known mobsters anymore, it's not 1957, the FBI knows who's who in the mob world. But you guys seem to think one party is uncorruptible. But here's the thing. All politicians have as their number one priority; first, get elected. To that end, they have to collect lots of campaign contributions. And contributors of said contributions want a return on their investment. Again, I don't think mobsters are giving money to politicians like they used to. But "legitimate" businessmen are contributing millions (to both parties) so who do you think the politicians are going to listen to? You? Or the billionaire?

Last edited by Fleming_Ave; 03/09/14 11:04 PM.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767177
03/09/14 11:04 PM
03/09/14 11:04 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
I say democrats right but i know this in that last presdential race every gangster, wisegut whatever i know was going for romney AND this was alot of unions esp in thge pa,wv and jersey area that was petitioning for every union to vote the same. I dont know if they was tired of a black in charge or what but they was going romney all the way. It went as far as some coal miners union on wv and pa coming to boston in the north end speakiing with some local state reps and other union officials about it... TRUE STORY so I know its democrat but I also seen a big wave of republican support so who the fuck knows whats going on with the higher ups and the politicians

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767178
03/09/14 11:05 PM
03/09/14 11:05 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
I say democrats right but i know this in that last presdential race every gangster, wiseguy whatever i know was going for romney AND this was alot of unions esp in thge pa,wv and jersey area that was petitioning for every union to vote the same. I dont know if they was tired of a black in charge or what but they was going romney all the way. It went as far as some coal miners union in wv and pa coming to boston in the north end speakiing with some local state reps and other union officials about it... TRUE STORY so I know its democrat but I also seen a big wave of republican support so who the fuck knows whats going on with the higher ups and the politicians

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Fleming_Ave] #767180
03/09/14 11:14 PM
03/09/14 11:14 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
LMAO! I don't think either party will take money from known mobsters anymore, it's not 1957, the FBI knows who's who in the mob world. But you guys seem to think one party is uncorruptible. But here's the thing. All politicians have as their number one priority; first, get elected. To that end, they have to collect lots of campaign contributions. And contributors of said contributions want a return on their investment. Again, I don't think mobsters are giving money to politicians like they used to. But "legitimate" businessmen are contributing millions (to both parties) so who do you think the politicians are going to listen to? You? Or the billionaire?

We aren't talking about contributions. They fact remains the vast majority are democrats, or at least registered that way. Whether they contribute, or like Obama or Romney- we don't know.

Another fact might be judges. Judge Eduardo Robreno in Philly hands out massive sentences on nothing (tough on crime, republican appointment). You might fare better as a mobster under a dem appointee.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767190
03/10/14 02:11 AM
03/10/14 02:11 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Democrats hands down. Mainly because of the unions but also because of the more liberal stance on vices which creates an atmosphere the Mafia has always been ready to exploit. One could make an argument about Bobby Kennedy but it wasn't a coincidence that the real national push against the mob took place when Reagan was in office.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767196
03/10/14 02:51 AM
03/10/14 02:51 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Neither one is. Some of the toughest Mafia prosecutors in history were Democrats, like Robert Kennedy on a national level, and former Brooklyn district attorney Elizabeth Holtzman. Republicans are tough on them too, New Jersey Republican Governor Chris Cristie prosecuted Mafia cases, and Republican Rudy Giuliani made a name for himself going after the Mafia. Neither party is Mafia friendly.

Last edited by jace; 03/10/14 03:07 AM.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: LittleNicky] #767227
03/10/14 11:11 AM
03/10/14 11:11 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
You might fare better as a mobster under a dem appointee.

That's any criminal, Nicky. Activist judges are a thug's best friend wink rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: IvyLeague] #767258
03/10/14 01:51 PM
03/10/14 01:51 PM
North StL County, MO
S
StLguy Offline
Capo
StLguy  Offline
S
Capo
North StL County, MO
"Democrats hands down. ...but also because of the more liberal stance on vices which creates an atmosphere the Mafia has always been ready to exploit"

I guess it all depends on how you look at it IvyLeague. Democrats are more tolerant of vices, but that also means that they are likely to become legalized or to attract others who wont be afraid of watered law enforcement. On the other hand, puritans tend to ostracize things from mainstream society or outlaw them all together. This leads to black markets becoming more common and profitable and groups like LCN who are willing to get their hands dirty to get people what they want can thrive. Just think, which social movement was better for the mob overall: prohibition or the push to legalize gambling. The former lead to millions upon millions in earnings. The latter cut deep into their pockets.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: StLguy] #767290
03/10/14 04:35 PM
03/10/14 04:35 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: StLguy
"Democrats hands down. ...but also because of the more liberal stance on vices which creates an atmosphere the Mafia has always been ready to exploit"

I guess it all depends on how you look at it IvyLeague. Democrats are more tolerant of vices, but that also means that they are likely to become legalized or to attract others who wont be afraid of watered law enforcement. On the other hand, puritans tend to ostracize things from mainstream society or outlaw them all together. This leads to black markets becoming more common and profitable and groups like LCN who are willing to get their hands dirty to get people what they want can thrive. Just think, which social movement was better for the mob overall: prohibition or the push to legalize gambling. The former lead to millions upon millions in earnings. The latter cut deep into their pockets.

You make a good point but, at the end of the day, history shows what it shows. The vast majority of crooked politicians tied to the mob were Democrats. The nexus between the two often came through the unions.

I'm neither a Democrat or Republican so this isn't an attempt to knock one party and compliment the other. I'm just looking at what history has showed us.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: IvyLeague] #767335
03/10/14 05:57 PM
03/10/14 05:57 PM
North StL County, MO
S
StLguy Offline
Capo
StLguy  Offline
S
Capo
North StL County, MO
"You make a good point but, at the end of the day, history shows what it shows. The vast majority of crooked politicians tied to the mob were Democrats. The nexus between the two often came through the unions."

True. If we are sticking closely to the thread topic, the democrats have been more friendly. I was arguing about who I believe is BETTER for the mob.

I'm not going to go into specific parties etc, but I think that history shows that the moralist and the anti-vice campaigners are some of the best friends of those who provide those vices illegally. Of course, sometimes legalized vice can be partially or totally taken over by criminals, Like prostitution in Holland, but it is more often the other way. Also, the moralist is the best friend of the extortionist/blackmailer.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767353
03/10/14 07:46 PM
03/10/14 07:46 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Republicans

"Like many businessmen of genius, he learned that free competition was wasteful, monopoly efficient.So he simply set about achieving that efficient monopoly"

The Godfather

Sounds like a by-the-book ,"no govt. regulation of business", fiscally conservative Republican.

=============================

Just a question though, for the ones who put it out there....how are rank and file mafia workers....presumed to be felons...registered Ds or Rs?

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: LittleNicky] #767357
03/10/14 08:49 PM
03/10/14 08:49 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss

We aren't talking about contributions. They fact remains the vast majority are democrats, or at least registered that way. Whether they contribute, or like Obama or Romney- we don't know.

How do you know who mob guys are registered as? A lot of rackets guys are "on paper" and can't vote anyway. Why does the Mob give a shit anyway, no matter who wins, there going to see at least some of their life spent behind bars. (unless they flip)And I doubt any mob guy pays his fair share of taxes anyway, they probably don't kick up the right amount to their captain, much less to the government looking to put them away for life. I believe back in the day, they bribed any politician willing to do business, I am sure both parties had their hands out, politics is a dirty business.

Last edited by Fleming_Ave; 03/10/14 08:52 PM.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767367
03/10/14 10:45 PM
03/10/14 10:45 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Voter registration is public record in most states. You just need the right databases. Whether that registration reflects current beliefs, we can never be totally sure.

I'm not making a political statement but the vast majority of felons favor democrats (http://ann.sagepub.com/content/651/1/220.abstract). In some states, they still can vote after parole has ended (NM, North Carolina, New York). They could be democrats for perfectly legit reasons like maybe they favor better job training or something that democrats favor as public policy.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 03/10/14 10:50 PM.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: getthesenets] #767372
03/11/14 01:49 AM
03/11/14 01:49 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Republicans

"Like many businessmen of genius, he learned that free competition was wasteful, monopoly efficient.So he simply set about achieving that efficient monopoly"

The Godfather

Sounds like a by-the-book ,"no govt. regulation of business", fiscally conservative Republican.

=============================

Just a question though, for the ones who put it out there....how are rank and file mafia workers....presumed to be felons...registered Ds or Rs?

You're going by a passage in a book over the long history of the real life mob? C'mon. I get it. You're a Democrat but face reality, pal.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: IvyLeague] #767374
03/11/14 02:41 AM
03/11/14 02:41 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Mafia is criminal enterprise.......emphasis on enterprise.

Pure capitalists with no pretensions of morality.

On paper, the modern day Republican party is against government regulation of businesses, correct?

I didn't think that anyone could refute that the mafia (leaders) would favor platform and party that stands for industry and the market policing/regulating itself.

Now that I think of it, you didn't refute or challenge what I wrote.
Illegal business and money laundering into "legit businesses" stands to operate better under the "pro business..anti-regulation" platform.

If you can dispute that, I'd like to read it.

------------------------------------------------

Independent, by the way.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767387
03/11/14 09:57 AM
03/11/14 09:57 AM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Refute with you wrote? You made no premises. You went on a long, strawman rant attacking positions that nobody has actually held.

Your little dialogue with yourself on regulatory policy and political economy is so laughable, so completely out of a 6th grade class that I would be embarrassed for myself. Seriously you might think about attending night school to learn basic economics, and then maybe a class on philosophy. Then you wouldn't be parroting retarded strawmen and actually understand your "oppositions" opinions. At least I understand Keynes and modern Keynesian theory.

Perhaps the more amazing thing is you think your bizarre theories about the world override the data that I posted above.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 03/11/14 11:12 AM.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: LittleNicky] #767420
03/11/14 01:44 PM
03/11/14 01:44 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Little Nicky

Before you attack me..you might want to read my post again. It's a clear response to Ivy.

I quoted a line from Godfather...He mocked me and joked that I must be a Dem. I then explained that the line summed up what I thought the mafia is about at its core. I even ended by saying that I am an independent.

It was VERY late when I wrote my response so I forgot to address it explicitly to Ivy..BUT it seems rather clear that the response was directed towards HIS post.

Why are you so defensive?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: LittleNicky] #767421
03/11/14 01:51 PM
03/11/14 01:51 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Voter registration is public record in most states. You just need the right databases. Whether that registration reflects current beliefs, we can never be totally sure.

I'm not making a political statement but the vast majority of felons favor democrats (http://ann.sagepub.com/content/651/1/220.abstract). In some states, they still can vote after parole has ended (NM, North Carolina, New York). They could be democrats for perfectly legit reasons like maybe they favor better job training or something that democrats favor as public policy.

OK..in response to THIS post....thanks.

Interesting point about felons favoring policies that help then reintegrate into society, but if you're talking about mob guys I don't think this would apply. Maybe I just don't know that full scope of the mafia and its workers but I assumed that we're talking about career criminals who earn their living through criminal activities.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767435
03/11/14 03:13 PM
03/11/14 03:13 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Pre 1970...no doubt Democrat, but after that there was a shift. Nixon commuted Hoffa's sentance in a deal with Fitzsinmmons and Detroit, LIUNA and the Teamsters started endoursing Republicans, and the white working class in general, LCN guys included, shifted to the right
1970s to the present, I would say it's a 50/50 split

Last edited by TheArm; 03/11/14 03:14 PM.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: getthesenets] #767440
03/11/14 03:33 PM
03/11/14 03:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

In New York State, felons retain their right to vote as long as they're not presently incarcerated or on parole. You can even vote on while on probation (but like I said, not parole).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767560
03/12/14 11:07 AM
03/12/14 11:07 AM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline OP
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline OP
Underboss
Willenhall
The mobs fucked if Hilary Clinton get's elected President bet they'll be supporting her rival's.

BTW what about the Libertarian party I know they haven't really gained any major power in the past but how do you reckon the Mafia would cope if they got the White House and some seats in Congress?

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767586
03/12/14 01:34 PM
03/12/14 01:34 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Democrat judge Jack B. Weinstein is very tough on Mafia cases, but goes in the other direction in all other cases. He is usually very liberal in his trial rulings and sentencing, but when it comes to mob cases he is tough. Republican and conservative groups have asked him in the past to step down due to a perceived bias.

Former federal prosecutor John Kroger worked for Bill Clinton during his presidential campaign, and is a lifelong Democrat. He was tough on Mafia, he sent one of the Persicos to prison. I think it's obvious both parties are tough on mob, I don't see either as mob friendly. I think the Democrats here will say that the Republicans are mob friendly, and the Republicans will keep saying that the democrats are.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #767592
03/12/14 02:11 PM
03/12/14 02:11 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
I might also add, arguably THE most LCN UNFRIENDLY Attorney general of all time, was VERY Democratic Bobby Kennedy

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: jace] #767634
03/12/14 05:01 PM
03/12/14 05:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: jace
I think the Democrats here will say that the Republicans are mob friendly, and the Republicans will keep saying that the democrats are.

What else is new? grin

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: getthesenets] #767679
03/13/14 03:09 AM
03/13/14 03:09 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Mafia is criminal enterprise.......emphasis on enterprise.

Pure capitalists with no pretensions of morality.

On paper, the modern day Republican party is against government regulation of businesses, correct?

I didn't think that anyone could refute that the mafia (leaders) would favor platform and party that stands for industry and the market policing/regulating itself.

Now that I think of it, you didn't refute or challenge what I wrote.
Illegal business and money laundering into "legit businesses" stands to operate better under the "pro business..anti-regulation" platform.

If you can dispute that, I'd like to read it.

------------------------------------------------

Independent, by the way.

You can make all the theoretical arguments you want. But real life history has shown vastly stronger ties between Democrats and the mob than Republicans and the mob.

Originally Posted By: jace
I think the Democrats here will say that the Republicans are mob friendly, and the Republicans will keep saying that the democrats are.

Partisanship doesn't even have to enter into it. History simply shows what it does.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/13/14 03:11 AM.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: IvyLeague] #767718
03/13/14 12:01 PM
03/13/14 12:01 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
@Ivy

Thread topic isn't about which major party has more historical ties to American lcn, but about which party IS more mafia friendly today.

I'm no mafia expert but I am a student of history and we both know some of the reasons why your point about Dem.s having more ties to lcn may be true. We can discuss those factors separately.

Nature of what organized crime does and how they generate money has surely evolved though.Because of competition from other ethnic mobs, the lcn has expanded into all types of crimes..."white collar" crimes, cyber crimes,etc.I never knew about the "gas tax" mafia scheme before coming to this site...but that is one example of how the mob has expanded its scope....since lcn was established here decades ago.

In modern climate....policy of unregulated industry is more friendly to the thinking criminal.....mafia or otherwise.

Re: Which major American party is more Mafia Friendly? [Re: pizzaboy] #767721
03/13/14 12:18 PM
03/13/14 12:18 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

In New York State, felons retain their right to vote as long as they're not presently incarcerated or on parole. You can even vote on while on probation (but like I said, not parole).

pizza,
thanks. Maybe I'm viewing this thread question differently than others who have more knowledge of the mafia. To me, the LCN is made up of the actual members of the families..leaders, made men and official associates. Therefore, the American mafia has low numbers.

I'm looking at the question as which policies/platform would benefit THOSE guys...not the street guys who work FOR these organizations.

Like to me Staples is about the corporate side and the shareholders, not the people who work there.

Am I defining the mafia and its membership correctly?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull