GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ben54), 64 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,684
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: Snakes] #763265
02/12/14 06:48 PM
02/12/14 06:48 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@huronsocial

there's a crew operating in the south suburbs and northwest indiana

there are alot of rinky dink towns in the southburbs that they've been in for years

according to the book "the boys from the heights"

they basically killed each other from the 50-80s, then got hit hard by the feds

they still have the strip clubs in the southburbs so somethings going on

Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: Outfit] #763283
02/12/14 08:58 PM
02/12/14 08:58 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Outfit
Frank Calabrese was referring to the making Ceremony in New York, not Chicago. They were talking about the movie, The Godfather, and how the author must have had a relative in one of the New York Families.

Chicago has never had a making Ceremony.It is irrelevant to a man's stature within the Outfit.

The Feds occassionally put out disinformation on purpose. It's been done for decades.

Btw, if you disagree, that's okay with me but i think it's very rude of you to start calling someone names.

We can respectfully agree to disagree.

Wrong. You can read the documents provided by the U.S. Justice Department in the case, either of the two books written on the case, or any number of articles where Frank Calabrese specifically talks about going through the ceremony himself. I've read the transcripts of the tapes where he's talking to his son and describing taking the blood oath and burning the saint card, which he said he actually felt guilty about.

They could be posted right here but I suspect you would just claim it was "disinformation" from the feds. As if they needed to make up the ceremony angle to convict Calabrese and the rest. rolleyes

Originally Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic
I wouldn't say we "know for sure" there isn't a heights crew. The Rush St crew we know for certain was sanctioned into Elmwood Park. We also know there hasn't been a Taylor St crew for years. Both of those events were fairly well publicized.

What happened to an organized Heights crew is a little bit cloudy.

According to the feds back in 2007, there were 4 crews remaining - Elmwood Park, Grand Avenue, Melrose Park, and 26th Street. More recently, in 2011, one FBI official in Chicago said the Outfit was down to "two or three" crews. I think it's safe to say Chicago Heights is gone.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: Snakes] #763302
02/12/14 11:42 PM
02/12/14 11:42 PM
H
HuronSocialAthletic Offline
Underboss
HuronSocialAthletic  Offline
H
Underboss
What I'm saying is that the other two defunct crews mentioned are known to have been deactivated & it is known when it happened.

The information on how & When the Heights got deactivated is paltry & almost non existent. Cicero & Chinatown likely run that area, but it is possible that there could still be a legitimate crew down there. It isn't likely, but it's more likely than rush street/Taylor.

Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #763303
02/12/14 11:48 PM
02/12/14 11:48 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

What I'm saying is that the other two defunct crews mentioned are known to have been deactivated & it is known when it happened.

The information on how & When the Heights got deactivated is paltry & almost non existent. Cicero & Chinatown likely run that area, but it is possible that there could still be a legitimate crew down there. It isn't likely, but it's more likely than rush street/Taylor.

I don't know if "deactivated" is the most correct term. It was probably more a case of the Outfit streamlining and combining crews and territory as it downsized over the years.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: IvyLeague] #763319
02/13/14 01:21 AM
02/13/14 01:21 AM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Frank Calabrese was referring to the making Ceremony in New York, not Chicago. They were talking about the movie, The Godfather, and how the author must have had a relative in one of the New York Families.

Chicago has never had a making Ceremony.It is irrelevant to a man's stature within the Outfit.

The Feds occassionally put out disinformation on purpose. It's been done for decades.

Btw, if you disagree, that's okay with me but i think it's very rude of you to start calling someone names.

We can respectfully agree to disagree.

Wrong. You can read the documents provided by the U.S. Justice Department in the case, either of the two books written on the case, or any number of articles where Frank Calabrese specifically talks about going through the ceremony himself. I've read the transcripts of the tapes where he's talking to his son and describing taking the blood oath and burning the saint card, which he said he actually felt guilty about.

They could be posted right here but I suspect you would just claim it was "disinformation" from the feds. As if they needed to make up the ceremony angle to convict Calabrese and the rest. rolleyes

I wouldn't say we "know for sure" there isn't a heights crew. The Rush St crew we know for certain was sanctioned into Elmwood Park. We also know there hasn't been a Taylor St crew for years. Both of those events were fairly well publicized.

What happened to an organized Heights crew is a little bit cloudy.

According to the feds back in 2007, there were 4 crews remaining - Elmwood Park, Grand Avenue, Melrose Park, and 26th Street. More recently, in 2011, one FBI official in Chicago said the Outfit was down to "two or three" crews. I think it's safe to say Chicago Heights is gone.

As usual, you are completely clueless.
1. Chicago Heights is far from "gone", and anyone who has even lived in NE Illinois in the past 5 years would know that, even if they were not particularly interested.
2. Chicago has never, I'll say it again NEVER had a making ceremony. It has been part of their unique moniker for 70 years, and anyone who doesn't know that has no business discussing topics like this.
That's what happens when you "Never question the feds"....LOL
What a mook

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: Outfit] #763320
02/13/14 01:31 AM
02/13/14 01:31 AM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
@Cook County, Elmwood Park Crew is not deactivated. Marco D'Amico is the Capo of the Crew. DiFronzo is in the background like Accardo used to be.

All 4 Crews are functioning in a smaller more low key way than years ago.

I am in law enforcement and can tell you the ongoing myth on some of these threads about Elmwood Park being completely deactivated is wrong and somewhat ridiculous.

Thank you....Ridiculous is the word i would use as well. Elmwood park is not only still very much active, but full of some of the best earners in all the LCN. They collectively control millions of dollars in Business and commercial properties on the NW side, the NW burbs and all the way up the I90 corridor to Rockford, and they along with the St Ambrosio crew are making a killing on the stimulus Money Rockford is spending. All anyone needs to do is see who actually owns those holding companies who are selling all of that property on North Main and west State set for demolition, not to mention a lock on everything from the port a potties to the heavy equipment

Been there and done it
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: Snakes] #763321
02/13/14 01:43 AM
02/13/14 01:43 AM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
If they didn't have a making ceremony, they would not be listed as one of the American La Cosa Nostra families by the government. Of course there are many things the feds are completely unaware of, and obviously they have fabricated things for the public over the years. However, if the Outfit weren't traditional Cosa Nostra, they would cease to be listed as such. They would be considered a random street gang.

Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #763323
02/13/14 02:35 AM
02/13/14 02:35 AM
O
Outfit Offline
Wiseguy
Outfit  Offline
O
Wiseguy
Yes, of course they were all Mafia. However, Ricca and all the old timers all the way up to the present never had a making Ceremony. The making Ceremony is New York and other places.

Chicago never did it that way and it had nothing to do with being part of the National Cosa Nostra even way back in 1931. Capone never had a making Ceremony and was considered part of the National Mafia Structure in 1931.

The making Ceremony is way over rated and means nothing in Chicago. Never did.

When Joey Lombardo said he never had his finger pricked or had a holy card burn in his hand, he was literally telling the truth. He obviously was lying about everything else.

The Feds schooled Nick Calabrese to say something about a making Ceremony along with a few other things he was told to say during the Family Secrets trial.

I would respectfully ask anyone else to show concrete proof of a making Ceremony in Chicago besides Nick Calabrese's "Story".

Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: Snakes] #763351
02/13/14 09:05 AM
02/13/14 09:05 AM
Chicagoland
SgWaue86 Offline
Capo
SgWaue86  Offline
Capo
Chicagoland
I would ask for you to show proof there never was , matter fact I can't believe you even used "concrete proof" what fucking proof have you provided?

Last edited by SgWaue86; 02/13/14 11:51 AM.
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: Snakes] #763359
02/13/14 10:31 AM
02/13/14 10:31 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
I have two questions on this subject:
1. Was this the same structure back in Torrio & Capone days?
2. Why does structure indicates whether or not the Outfit is apart of the LCN umbrella?

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: HuronSocialAthletic] #763416
02/13/14 03:05 PM
02/13/14 03:05 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
If they didn't have a making ceremony, they would not be listed as one of the American La Cosa Nostra families by the government. Of course there are many things the feds are completely unaware of, and obviously they have fabricated things for the public over the years. However, if the Outfit weren't traditional Cosa Nostra, they would cease to be listed as such. They would be considered a random street gang.

You and Ivy League seem to suffer from the same misconception, that information from the Feds is accurate
Fellas, the Feds went to the God Damned SUPREME COURT for the right to lie, decieve, and plant decoy fales information into both their classified and public information, and they won.
I have to laugh when he said 'I never question the FEDs"
They lie..it's what they do

Last edited by TheArm; 02/13/14 03:05 PM.

Been there and done it
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: BlackFamily] #763417
02/13/14 03:09 PM
02/13/14 03:09 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
I have two questions on this subject:
1. Was this the same structure back in Torrio & Capone days?
2. Why does structure indicates whether or not the Outfit is apart of the LCN umbrella?

Capone entered into the LCN kicking and screaming, he hated the entire concept, so in the days follwing 1935, he went out of his way to buck the new traditions.
Within reason..structure does not dictate if they or any other family is LCN. Every family has variations in ceremony, rules and tradition.

Been there and done it
Re: Chicago Outfit Organizational Structure, c1985 [Re: SgWaue86] #763425
02/13/14 03:38 PM
02/13/14 03:38 PM
H
Underboss
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
I would ask for you to show proof there never was , matter fact I can't believe you even used "concrete proof" what fucking proof have you provided?

LOL goddamn pal, why are you so on edge all the time? Calm the fuck down & ask questions civilly.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull