GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 252 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,339
Posts1,058,896
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 59 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #757939
01/10/14 08:02 AM
01/10/14 08:02 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
The story made "World News Tonight", ABC, with Diane Sawyer. Christie is saying he is "embarrassed and humiliated". At least he is not putting a spin on it. It appears his aides were involved and Port Authority personnel. They are calling it Bridgegate, but it may have closer parallels to Watergate than we know. Christie could be the same kind of liar that Nixon was. I wonder how the Democrats are scheming to throw gas on the fire. Stay tuned.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #758032
01/10/14 04:17 PM
01/10/14 04:17 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
The story made "World News Tonight", ABC, with Diane Sawyer. Christie is saying he is "embarrassed and humiliated". At least he is not putting a spin on it. It appears his aides were involved and Port Authority personnel. They are calling it Bridgegate, but it may have closer parallels to Watergate than we know. Christie could be the same kind of liar that Nixon was. I wonder how the Democrats are scheming to throw gas on the fire. Stay tuned.

Interesting that you brought up the comparison to Nixon. When Christie bellowed, "I am not a bully," during the press conference, it immediately brought to mind Nixon's famous "I am not a crook."

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #758046
01/10/14 05:11 PM
01/10/14 05:11 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Now don't forget that President Nixon's transgressions involved potential violations of criminal statutes. The closing of the bridge lanes must take quite a leap to rise to the level of criminality.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #765353
02/24/14 09:01 AM
02/24/14 09:01 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
This might also qualify as "Crime and Justice". Sunday,2/23, The Press of Atlantic City, "Watchdog Report" ran an article on the salary of the Margate City librarian. How does $135,886 sound? Man, did I make the wrong career choice! Margate is an upscale beach town south of Atlantic City, population 6,354. According to the Bureau of Labor Statitics, the median annual wage for librarians was $55,370 in 2012. The Margate library assistant made $77,249 in 2013. The New Jersey Library Association recommended salary for towns with populations between 7,500 and 15,000 is $79,400. Must be tough work cataloging all those books.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #769711
03/26/14 09:34 AM
03/26/14 09:34 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Those darn Christians are up to it again:

"An 8-year-old Virginia girl has been taken out of her school after administrators complained she was acting too much like a boy.

WSET-TV reports that the grandparents of Sunnie Kahle received a letter from officials at Timberlake Christian School notifying them that their granddaughter would be refused enrollment next year if she didn't follow the school's "biblical standards" and change her appearance.

The letter reads in part, "We believe that unless Sunnie as well as her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: olivant] #769728
03/26/14 12:04 PM
03/26/14 12:04 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: olivant
Those darn Christians are up to it again:

"An 8-year-old Virginia girl has been taken out of her school after administrators complained she was acting too much like a boy.

WSET-TV reports that the grandparents of Sunnie Kahle received a letter from officials at Timberlake Christian School notifying them that their granddaughter would be refused enrollment next year if she didn't follow the school's "biblical standards" and change her appearance.

The letter reads in part, "We believe that unless Sunnie as well as her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education."

Michelle Bachmann can fix her.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #769882
03/27/14 07:35 AM
03/27/14 07:35 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #771737
04/05/14 02:28 PM
04/05/14 02:28 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Illinois just instituted a conceal carry law, and in the first week the permits were sent out, I man was arrested for pulling his legal gun in a situation where he was the aggressor, and there were two murders that police say, would have been simple robberies HAD the victim NOT been armed.
In both cases, the "legal" guns were stolen.
Yupp...great idea !

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #771760
04/05/14 03:55 PM
04/05/14 03:55 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
This might also qualify as "Crime and Justice". Sunday,2/23, The Press of Atlantic City, "Watchdog Report" ran an article on the salary of the Margate City librarian. How does $135,886 sound? Man, did I make the wrong career choice! Margate is an upscale beach town south of Atlantic City, population 6,354. According to the Bureau of Labor Statitics, the median annual wage for librarians was $55,370 in 2012. The Margate library assistant made $77,249 in 2013. The New Jersey Library Association recommended salary for towns with populations between 7,500 and 15,000 is $79,400. Must be tough work cataloging all those books.
Darn i live one town down and we have one ,and my taxis are 18,500 a year, she or he must make 200,000.00 a year....

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #771763
04/05/14 04:04 PM
04/05/14 04:04 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County

IMHO Bridgegate is small potatoes
It is the extortion of the mayor of Hoboken on behalf of the Rockefeller group to withold Sandy money unless she signed off on a sweetheart development deal that is going to bring down this fat fuck, and his self loathing gravy making Lt Governor as well.
Federal prosecutors have been silent on this one, and that is the calm before the storm

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #771855
04/06/14 07:27 AM
04/06/14 07:27 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Nice tribute to the Detroit Fire Department. Tho I don't remember the specific building in the picture, I DO remember the 67 riots and seeing Detroit literally burn (along with even, tho on a smaller scale, parts of my hometown G.R.) on the news.

smile
TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #773125
04/15/14 09:18 AM
04/15/14 09:18 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Our local neighborhood girl, Alyssa Thomas, was drafted fourth overall by the NY Liberty in the WNBA draft. She was immediately traded to the Connecticut Sun in a blockbuster deal. The Sun ends up with Thomas and the #1 overall pick of the draft, a star from Stanford.

You might say the future looks bright and shiny for the Sun.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #773816
04/22/14 03:38 AM
04/22/14 03:38 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
This was a nice story.

On April 15, 2014, the Hight family from Crestview, Fla., received a call from Panhandle Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) they never expected. Their now 11-years-old Lhasa Apso dog named Maggie had been found, after the pet had been missing for nine years.

The canine and another stray dog were found by animal control officers in Holt, Fla. Both were taken in and scanned, but Maggie was the only one with an active microchip.

Maggie had been lost for nine years, but thanks to a microchip, she is now back with her rightful owners.

A message was left for the Hights and the family thought it was just a mistake.

“I called thinking that it’s a German shepherd or something like that,” April Hight told The Gainsville Sun. But the found dog was Maggie, the Hights’ small, gentle dog who had broken out of their yard nine years ago.

The long lost pet received a veterinarian checkup and no major health issues were found, the dog’s fur however was very matter, she was underweight, and her body was covered with feces and dirt.

“It’s just a gift to have her back,” Hight said. “She’ll be able to live out the rest of her years loved and cared for and hopefully that’ll make up for the hopefully not all horrible years she had to live through to get back home.”

At the reunion, it seemed Maggie did not recognize her previous owner, April Hight, yet when the dog saw Hight’s husband, she immediately made a connection and her tailed wagged enthusiastically.

Thanks to a microchip Maggie is back home. The rest of her life will be filled with love, care and comforts.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/04/florida-family-reunites-with-missing-dog-after-nine-years/

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #773982
04/23/14 04:52 PM
04/23/14 04:52 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Catholic Priest Accused of $700,000 theft

Quote:
Detroit — A Catholic priest and a parish administrator were indicted and accused of stealing almost $700,000 from St. Thomas More Church in Troy and blowing the cash on a condominium and other expenses.

The five-count indictment, unsealed Wednesday, charged the Rev. Edward Belczak, 69, of Troy and Janice Verschuren, 67, of Bloomfield Hills with stealing the money from the church and Archdiocese of Detroit between 2004 and 2012.

The stolen money allegedly included most of a $350,000 gift to the church from the family of a dead parishioner and cash donated by churchgoers during special Mother’s Day and Father’s Day collections, prosecutors alleged.

The duo tried to hide the alleged crime by creating false documents and submitting them to the Archdiocese, prosecutors allege. The documents under-reported the amount of the parish’s operating receipts.

Belczak and Verschuren face up to 20 years in prison if convicted of charges that include conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #774264
04/25/14 11:37 AM
04/25/14 11:37 AM
California

California
Man, that's terrible!! AND $700,000 is a huge chunk of money. They belong in jail. Crooks are in all walks of life.

Speaking of thieves & churches and on a much much smaller scale.... When we first moved to CA there was an activity at our church in which everyone bought a dish or dessert to pass. I made a cake. I taped my name to the bottom (which they suggested to do) When I went the next day to pick up my cake tin. It wasn't there. The lady at the church calmly said, "oh well, somebody probably just took it home." lol It's not the tin which was not expensive and wasn't worth pursuing, but I was taken aback that somebody would steal something like that from a church activity. confused I mean would you ever take money out of the collection basket?? No!!!!

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #775189
05/02/14 01:42 AM
05/02/14 01:42 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Yogi's House for Sale.

By Emily Heffter,

To get to 19 Highland Ave in Montclair, New Jersey, follow the directions of its famous owner, Yogi Berra: “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”

Like the baseball legend, the 1902 home is full of surprises. To start with, there's the listing price: The family chose a tribute to their dad’s jersey number, No. 8, and listed the 6-bedroom, 3.25-bath residence at $888,000. (Click here or on a photo to see a slideshow.) Berra himself is now 88, turning 89 on May 12.

The famous Yankees catcher and manager and his wife, Carmen, bought the New Jersey colonial in 1974, after she fell in love with the three-story spiral staircase.

The home also has a tiny closet-sized darkroom on the third floor, an artist’s studio, views of New York City and a little covered "lemonade porch" off to the side.

As the Berras raised their three sons, and then later welcomed almost a dozen grandchildren, the home was the center of family life — the site of Easters, graduation celebrations and family birthday parties.

“It was a very celebratory home, very loving. And it’s gorgeous,” said Julie Kemps-Rowley of Keller-Williams-NJ Metro Group, who has the listing. “I hope someone who purchases it will have the same type of memories. … It has a really nice feeling to it. It’s a feeling of how happy it was there.”

Carmen Berra died March 7, which is why the family decided to sell the home. She and Yogi Berra had celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary in January.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: NNY78] #775217
05/02/14 07:14 AM
05/02/14 07:14 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
http://nypost.com/2014/05/02/bratton-vows-to-crack-down-on-drunken-cops/

A red-faced Police Commissioner Bill Bratton said Thursday he is furious with drunken cops who are humiliating the NYPD — and laid out a plan to keep his officers sober and “fire” the worst offenders, The Post has learned.

“A line in the sand has been drawn,” Bratton told top brass two days after a blind-drunk Bronx cop was busted for allegedly firing 13 shots at a car in Westchester, hitting a man six times, sources said.

That was one of three shootings in just the last week by allegedly drunk officers, which Bratton described as “stupid” and a “problem.”

In an effort to crack down on boozehounds with badges:
•The commissioner vowed to fire cops who use their weapons while intoxicated, and review the patrol guide as it pertains to drinking.
• NYPD brass will now conduct “spot checks” at precincts and in the field to ensure cops aren’t drinking on the job, sources said.
•The inspection teams, known as “shoo flies,” will consist of two captains and an inspector who will randomly drop in on cops — gauging not only their sobriety, but also to enforce the department’s dress code and check officers’ memo books.
• Cops who request to work overtime must now send an e-mail to a supervisor to document why they need to be on the clock after their shift is up.

The NYPD wants to make sure officers aren’t collecting OT while knocking back drinks like one cop who was arrested last week for allegedly driving drunk while taking his partner to a hospital after shooting him in the hand, the sources said.

“Members of the service are required to be fit for duty at all times, except when on sick report,” a NYPD spokesman said, referring to the department’s policy on alcohol consumption.

“They may not consume intoxicants to the extent that they become unfit for duty.”

On Tuesday night, off-duty Officer Brendan Cronin, 27, got blitzed at City Island bars including The Ale House with fellow cops after a day at the firing range.

He then drove out of the city, and allegedly opened fire on a car at a red light in Pelham.

Passenger Joseph Felice was hit six times, but miraculously survived and is in stable condition at Montefiore Hospital.

Cronin then allegedly pointed the gun out the window as cops approached, but eventually followed their orders to drop it.

Hours later, Staten Island Sgt. Wanda Anthony was locked up in Somerset County, NJ, for allegedly drunkenly firing a shot into another vehicle during a domestic dispute, sources said.

Last week, Detective Jay Poggi accidentally shot partner Matthew Sullivan after boozing while pretending to be on an investigation.

Poggi was charged with DWI after driving Sullivan to the hospital.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: NNY78] #775222
05/02/14 07:24 AM
05/02/14 07:24 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Un-fing-believable. That these city cops are still so booze addled in this day and age boggles the mind. But some people just have to live down to the stereotype. And City Island of all places? That's typical. The bars on that rock have always attracted your hardcore drinkers.

Now don't get me wrong. I love City Island and I've spent a great deal of time eating and, yes, drinking there. But I'm not a cop. I don't drink and drive. And I don't shoot up cars just for shits and giggles. I hope they crucify this guy mad.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #775419
05/03/14 10:35 AM
05/03/14 10:35 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
So, Bratton's going to fire any cop that fires his weapon while intoxicated? Is that supposed to be a radical approach? Shouldn't that be kind of a given? rolleyes

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #775420
05/03/14 10:37 AM
05/03/14 10:37 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
So, Bratton's going to fire any cop that fires his weapon while intoxicated? Is that supposed to be a radical approach? Shouldn't that be kind of a given? rolleyes

lol lol

It's not even funny. But you're so right I had to laugh.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: NNY78] #775444
05/03/14 12:07 PM
05/03/14 12:07 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
This guy Lohan actually owns a treatment center down here. confused

Lindsey's Dad Tossed From the Court Room

By Daphne Duret

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

WEST PALM BEACH — The idea of a potential nine-month jail sentence for his girlfriend made Lindsay Lohan’s father so upset Thursday that deputies had to throw him out of a Palm Beach County courtroom.

Kathryn Major pleaded guilty Thursday to a probation violation sparked by a March incident where Michael Lohan, father of the movie actress, called 911 and said Major hit him and then backed her car into a tree outside their Boca Raton home while drunk. Major, with whom Lohan shares a son, was charged with DUI.

The arrest violated her probation from a 2012 case where she was sentenced to three years of supervision on battery, battery on a law-enforcement officer and resisting arrest charges connected to an altercation with a couple in a Boca Raton parking lot.

The new arrest nine months later shows Major is not a good candidate for probation, prosecutor Marci Rex told Circuit Judge Sandra McSorely during the brief hearing.

Major entered an open guilty plea to the violation, leaving it up to McSorely to decide her fate. Defense attorney Michelle Suskauer is hoping McSorely will reinstate Major’s probation, but Rex on Thursday asked the judge to send her to jail for nine months and end her probation unsuccessfully.

Angry at that idea, Lohan spoke up several times in court, and after McSorely commented on his behavior, deputies asked him to leave the courtroom.

“They’re gonna to send her to jail,” Lohan, 54, said to one of his companions on his way out of the courtroom.

Lohan, who declined to comment to a reporter, paced the hallway and spoke with friends about several local rehabilitation facilities to which he felt McSorely should send Major instead of sentencing her to jail.

Back in court, McSorely decided to put off imposing a sentence for Major until May 19. Major, who told McSorely she has been in and out of inpatient rehab facilities three times, nodded solemnly as McSorely warned her that any missteps will earn her a harsher sentence.

“What happens between now and then depends on you,” McSorely said.

Lohan most recently appeared with his actress daughter Lindsay on her reality show on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network.

He was arrested in 2011 in Tampa after a fight with Major. Two days later, he contacted Major despite a court order to leave her alone, prompting police to seek him out at his hotel. When found, Lohan leaped from a third-story balcony in a failed escape attempt, injuring his leg.

On the night of Major’s arrest in March, police who pulled her over shortly after Lohan called 911 said she failed several field sobriety tests. A breath test places her blood alcohol level at .243, more than three times the level at which drivers are presumed impaired in Florida.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: NNY78] #775446
05/03/14 12:21 PM
05/03/14 12:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Lohan and his ex-wife, Dina, are both human garbage. Those kids never had a chance with them setting the example.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #776769
05/10/14 10:09 AM
05/10/14 10:09 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/why-is-it-ok-to-be-racist-to-the-irish-down-under-30260579.html

Year 2014 and blatant racism against the Irish is still acceptable in Australia because they share the same skin colour.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #777708
05/14/14 12:32 PM
05/14/14 12:32 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Two years ago, a young attractive Army PFC, Kelly Bordeaux went to a local dirtbag bar- Froggy Bottoms. She was married and her was back visiting their families in Florida. That night she had a number of drinks and chatted with a man who lived in a shack behind the bar. This man had an arrest record for sexual matters. The owner of the bar allegedly had a criminal record in NYC. THat night, Kelly was observed leaving with that man. She has never been seen again. The man was arrested on outstanding warrants and has been in jail. Every weekend there have been hundreds of people- civilian and military searching for her in dense wooded areas and swamps but no clues. Her cell phone was found in a pond 7-8 miles from here. Today, just about 3 hours ago it was announced that her body was recovered in a heavily wooded area not very far from that bar and the suspect was arrested. This is great news for her family.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: NNY78] #778295
05/16/14 11:43 AM
05/16/14 11:43 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz6j2cjQPc0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Cat saves the day video from California

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: NNY78] #778589
05/17/14 01:41 PM
05/17/14 01:41 PM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
The Donald doing business with some bad guys and he gets a pass.

Donald Trump found not guilty in Florida condo trial:

While a Florida jury on Wednesday found Donald Trump “not guilty of deceiving buyers” in the gorgeous and beautiful The Trump International Hotel & Tower, it is quite interesting to note what wasn’t revealed in the court. While the judge believed Trump had only licensed his name to the troubled project, which collapsed under the weight of the Great Recession and was foreclosed upon in 2009, some people clearly are happy it is done – and not just the Donald.

Bayrock – the developers of the project whom Trump liscened his name to was co-founded by 2 convicted felons, and Jody Kriss, who now owns a Brooklyn real estate company. Who were Trump and Kriss’ partners on this project? Tevfik Arif, reputedly a well-known Mafia member – who has been referred to as the an underground head of a money-laundering network involved in financing terrorist groups in the Middle East and the former Soviet Union, according to the Kavkaz Center, an agency that reports on Islamic affairs in the the Caucasus and Russia. Arif was arrested in 2010 for allegedly organizing a prostitution ring.

Another South Florida link comes with Ron Kriss, who today works at Stroock, Stroock & Lavan, but for many years was partners with convicted felons in the Bayrock Group.

While Trump has vowed to work to recover legal fees, he’s not the only one who knows his way around a courtroom. Jody Kriss, the other Bayrock co-founder previously sued a United States attorney for criminal misconduct, four white shoe law firms, and asked to have famed Federal Judge Leo Glasser removed from his case – Glasser came to fame when he presided over the trial of John Gotti. Read the case here

Kriss and his son made millions with Bayrock, which had the Russian Mafia’s hand prints all over it. Donald Trump is sitting pretty happy to have been found not-guilty as he was able to show he wasn’t the developer.

- Jagajeet Chiba, Gambling911.com

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #778887
05/18/14 06:23 PM
05/18/14 06:23 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Earlier today I enjoyed the rare privilege of dancing with my grandmother on her one hundredth birthday. My uncle and mother had arranged a dinner reception for about 60 of her family members near the spot where she had eloped with my late grandfather in 1935.

My cousin, who is the morning anchor for the are ABC affiliate had a news camera there to take a few shots at the beginning of the party, and then interviewed her for the 6, 11 and morning newscasts.

The biggest thrill for her was receiving a phone call from Michelle Obama this morning, and I understand it was a delightful chat. Earlier in the week she received a letter from the White House, which she had to have read to her as her eyesight is failing.

It was memorable.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #778892
05/18/14 06:42 PM
05/18/14 06:42 PM
California

California
Kly,

That is so beautiful. Sounds like she is in great shape..and dancing too? An occasion quite worthy of a celebration. Plus, making the news no less. If you can post a picture. I'd love to see it.

And, what a way to top off the day with a phone call from the First Lady? Wow!! How cool is that? smile

God bless your grandmother.

TIS

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #778962
05/19/14 06:06 AM
05/19/14 06:06 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Kly,

That is so beautiful. Sounds like she is in great shape..and dancing too? An occasion quite worthy of a celebration. Plus, making the news no less. If you can post a picture. I'd love to see it.

And, what a way to top off the day with a phone call from the First Lady? Wow!! How cool is that? smile

God bless your grandmother.

TIS

Thanks, TIS. Her mind remains sharp, but the dance was to a slow number as she has slowed down physically.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #779015
05/19/14 01:09 PM
05/19/14 01:09 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
there's been another shooting that started over a facebook beef is chicago's news

it's not gang violence, don't believe that bullshit

Page 55 of 59 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull