GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 278 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,916
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,775
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Christie and The GW Bridge #757985
01/10/14 01:08 PM
01/10/14 01:08 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Ok, I get it. Two days ago it was Gates trashing everyone on the planet. Now it is wall to wall Christie and his so-called bullying personality. I am so sick and tired of the media circus, I am readdy to disconnect my cable television, sign on to netflix and read The Economist once a month. It will save a fortune and put things in perspective.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #757995
01/10/14 01:44 PM
01/10/14 01:44 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Impossible for me to believe that Christie didn't know about it, and approve it, given that his deputy chief of staff ordered it. This'll blow over--unless she strikes back and tells the media that he ordered it or approved it. Then it'll get really ugly.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #757997
01/10/14 02:08 PM
01/10/14 02:08 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Liberals are praying this knocks Christie out for '16 because he's the only potential GOP candidate that I could actually see winning. I've called him the Anti-Romney before, quick on his feet and with wit, some good timing instincts.

But I don't think that currently this will kill his political career. Bubba was associated-but-not-directly-connected to alot of bullshit in his day.

However I could see Christie get nailed not for this bridge stuff but for anything else he might've done in NJ. Remember that Romney didn't pick Christie as his running mate in '12 because of alot of unanswered questions in his gubernatorial administration that Christie refused to explain or defend. Maybe that sewage will bubble to the top now that everybody is worried about traffic in Jersey?

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #757999
01/10/14 02:17 PM
01/10/14 02:17 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
If he did know of it, which I have trouble believing a man like him didn't, then he deserves to be skewered. EMS workers were delayed getting to a woman and she died. It wasn't just the fact that they played with people's schedules, people were late to work and were docked pay, but someone died.

I appreciate that he went to Fort Lee and apologized to the mayor. Whatever else you can say about him, he manned up.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #758000
01/10/14 02:24 PM
01/10/14 02:24 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I don't think this will damage Christie too bad. In two years this will blow over. From what it sounds like he did man up and try to smooth it out.

I am a huge fan of Christie as most of you know. It will be interesting and nothing is set in stone but if he gets the GOP nomination for 16 he's got my vote. Unless the Democrats have someone better, which right now I don't know who that would be, then I couldn't see myself voting for anyone else.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #758001
01/10/14 02:27 PM
01/10/14 02:27 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
You're either built for the national spotlight or you're not.

Christie is a very media savvy and personable guy and I think he MIGHT be able to use this challenge as an opportunity.

There have been master politicians who were for all accounts dead to rights after this scandal or that scandal who didn't go away.

This is a make or break moment for Christie's national aspirations. Whether the rest of the country cares about this issue remains to be seen.....but it's looking very bad for him right now in the tri state area.

My friends from out of state are STILL making fun of me with Jim McGreevy jokes, so I can't wait to hear the jokes about this case.

the bridge is over......the bridge is over ..eh eh...*

*old school rap song chorus

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #758003
01/10/14 02:36 PM
01/10/14 02:36 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I don't think this will damage Christie too bad. In two years this will blow over. From what it sounds like he did man up and try to smooth it out.

I am a huge fan of Christie as most of you know. It will be interesting and nothing is set in stone but if he gets the GOP nomination for 16 he's got my vote. Unless the Democrats have someone better, which right now I don't know who that would be, then I couldn't see myself voting for anyone else.

I wouldnt really describe myself as a big supporter of the republican party(or the democratic party for that matter) but im also a huge christie fan and i think this will have very little if any impact on his chances for running for president. Not to many people really give a shit about this but for some reason the media is putting it on blast...comparing this to watergate what a joke.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #758004
01/10/14 02:38 PM
01/10/14 02:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

That's what I think. Inferior thinkers have overcome bigger obstacles. But here's the beauty of the 24 hour media today: If he lied, it'll come out. And throwing two employees under the bus will hurt him badly.

But guess what? If he's telling the truth, he might become more popular than he was before because he manned up.

One thing is clear. The way the Left is foaming at the mouth tells me one thing: They want no part of a Clinton-Christie race. And here's the really silly part: He might have the votes to beat Hillary head-to-head, but not to win the nomination in his own party because the Tea Baggers may try to ruin it for him rolleyes.

But it's enough already. The first caucus is two full years away.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: Turnbull] #758030
01/10/14 04:14 PM
01/10/14 04:14 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Impossible for me to believe that Christie didn't know about it, and approve it, given that his deputy chief of staff ordered it. This'll blow over--unless she strikes back and tells the media that he ordered it or approved it. Then it'll get really ugly.

Exactly. It is undeniable that the traffic ruses were concocted by the people, who have for years worked closest to Christie, and that it was done vindictively for political revenge. Moreover, that an act so disgustingly despicable was so cavalierly carried out with sniggering emails reveals a sick bullying and belligerent attitude within the governor's office, of which Christie can't now claim he was completely unaware.

I liked Christie and thought he was more of a thinking Republican, unlike the candidates shaped by evangelicals, Rove and the Koch Brothers, but I was dismayed that his most damning condemnation of his closest aides was that they lied to him, rather than exacting political revenge on a mayor, who wouldn't support him. He downplayed the effect and inconvenience caused by the days of endless traffic jams intentionally created from his office.

Moreover, weeks ago when he learned that there were accusations of this plan to paralyze Fort Lee, he indignantly and falsely claimed that the lanes were closed, pursuant to a traffic study. Before announcing this falsehood if he truly were being misled, he would have at the very least confirmed that such a traffic study existed and learned what role the closing of the traffic lanes had in such a study.

As for the effect this will have on a presidential bid, who knows. But the story will not be dead. There will be legal action and an investigation, which will last into the campaign years. He'll have to wear that albatross into the primaries.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: Turnbull] #758035
01/10/14 04:28 PM
01/10/14 04:28 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

the people who have stepped down are going to fall on their swords.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: getthesenets] #758040
01/10/14 04:47 PM
01/10/14 04:47 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
"going to be a tough November for the little Serbian"?

wow..........only in Jersey would politicians refer to the ethnicity of a rival in email exchanges..........and ,of course, get it wrong. Mayor of Fort Lee is of Croatian heritage.

This part of the story is being downplayed.

can you imagine if the mayor was Black or Jewish and was referred to as the "little "?

I don't know when Jay Leno officially retires but this entire story is comedy gold for his monologues.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: getthesenets] #758041
01/10/14 04:51 PM
01/10/14 04:51 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
can you imagine if the mayor was Black or Jewish and was referred to as the "little"?

Or an Asian male, what with the little weenie jokes and everything?

Now Leno would have a ball with that one lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: pizzaboy] #758042
01/10/14 04:58 PM
01/10/14 04:58 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
can you imagine if the mayor was Black or Jewish and was referred to as the "little"?

Or an Asian male, what with the little weenie jokes and everything?

Now Leno would have a ball with that one lol.

hey ,i see what you did there.....hilarious

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: getthesenets] #758043
01/10/14 04:59 PM
01/10/14 04:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
lol lol lol

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: klydon1] #758044
01/10/14 05:06 PM
01/10/14 05:06 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: klydon1

Exactly. It is undeniable that the traffic ruses were concocted by the people, who have for years worked closest to Christie, and that it was done vindictively for political revenge.

Kly and DT: a civil suit has already been filed. How far reaching can discovery be? One intent of the civil suit will be to determine if sovereign immunity applies. But only discovery can determine that, right?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #758047
01/10/14 05:13 PM
01/10/14 05:13 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Come on why is the left making this into friggin Watergate? Was it a mistake on Christies part? Yes. Is there any evidence to support he ordered the shut down of a bridge? So far no and I'm inclined to believe he didn't.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: klydon1] #758101
01/11/14 02:23 AM
01/11/14 02:23 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
...weeks ago when he learned that there were accusations of this plan to paralyze Fort Lee, he indignantly and falsely claimed that the lanes were closed, pursuant to a traffic study. Before announcing this falsehood if he truly were being misled, he would have at the very least confirmed that such a traffic study existed and learned what role the closing of the traffic lanes had in such a study.

There you go. That shows he is a liar. Otherwise, with his way of talking to people, he should've said to his staff: "Dummies, I already know the result of this study, when you close down lanes, traffic backs up. Have some sense and save taxpayers time and money!"

At any rate, Christie would not have gotten the nomination of GOP anyway. GOP's type is someone like Palin really. grin The best they can do is Ryan.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: afsaneh77] #758102
01/11/14 02:40 AM
01/11/14 02:40 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
At any rate, Christie would not have gotten the nomination of GOP anyway. GOP's type is someone like Palin really.

I'm not so sure that is still true. I think they're getting away from the Tea Party image and I think Christie is still their best hope.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: afsaneh77] #758104
01/11/14 03:06 AM
01/11/14 03:06 AM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
...weeks ago when he learned that there were accusations of this plan to paralyze Fort Lee, he indignantly and falsely claimed that the lanes were closed, pursuant to a traffic study. Before announcing this falsehood if he truly were being misled, he would have at the very least confirmed that such a traffic study existed and learned what role the closing of the traffic lanes had in such a study.

There you go. That shows he is a liar. Otherwise, with his way of talking to people, he should've said to his staff: "Dummies, I already know the result of this study, when you close down lanes, traffic backs up. Have some sense and save taxpayers time and money!"

At any rate, Christie would not have gotten the nomination of GOP anyway. GOP's type is someone like Palin really. grin The best they can do is Ryan.

You're just going to outright call him a liar? There's no proof he is so I would withdraw that statement.

I personally agree with SC, the GOP is starting to realize the tea party hurts more than it helps and a charismatic figure like Christie would make a lot of headway in the 16 election

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: SC] #758105
01/11/14 03:12 AM
01/11/14 03:12 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: SC
I'm not so sure that is still true. I think they're getting away from the Tea Party image and I think Christie is still their best hope.

That might be true, but he still wouldn't win the Southern states. He is too rude for their taste. He is also pro choice.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #758107
01/11/14 03:18 AM
01/11/14 03:18 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
You're just going to outright call him a liar? There's no proof he is so I would withdraw that statement.

I think I did. If he isn't a liar and that is too far fetched, then he is very incompetent for the reason I mentioned that who would see the situation and not question such a stupid study in the first place. It's exactly the kind of underhanded way GOP operates, not caring who gets hurt as long as they make the other side look bad.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #758108
01/11/14 03:32 AM
01/11/14 03:32 AM
All Over
NinoSconza Offline
ACTING BOSS
NinoSconza  Offline
ACTING BOSS
Made Member
All Over
Originally Posted By: olivant

Exactly. It is undeniable that the traffic ruses were concocted by the people, who have for years worked closest to Christie, and that it was done vindictively for political revenge.

Kly and DT: a civil suit has already been filed. How far reaching can discovery be? One intent of the civil suit will be to determine if sovereign immunity applies. But only discovery can determine that, right?

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Liberals are praying this knocks Christie out for '16 because he's the only potential GOP candidate that I could actually see winning. I've called him the Anti-Romney before, quick on his feet and with wit, some good timing instincts.

But I don't think that currently this will kill his political career. Bubba was associated-but-not-directly-connected to alot of bullshit in his day.

However I could see Christie get nailed not for this bridge stuff but for anything else he might've done in NJ. Remember that Romney didn't pick Christie as his running mate in '12 because of alot of unanswered questions in his gubernatorial administration that Christie refused to explain or defend. Maybe that sewage will bubble to the top now that everybody is worried about traffic in Jersey?

Your right about good ol Bubba. They wanted him to be president but he had skeletons in the closet and some other conservatoires they had to make go away before he good run. I miss bubba he was a good president

The Sconza Crime Family

UNDISPUTED DEFACTO CARETAKER "BOSS" - SKINNY !!!
ACTING BOSS: NINO SCONZA (Awaiting Trial)
UNDERBOSS : Alfonse "Madbull" Capuzzi
Consigliere: Dellocroce
Street Boss: CHEECH (Supervised Release)
CAPO Joe "Search Function" Schmouzzi
Solider : Nino Sconza Jr.
Florida Faction
Capo Dr. PB (BOCA)
Associate: Jose LNU
SICILIAN FACTION
BOSS: CARMELA "Gravy"
UNDERBOSS: SALVATORE "SNAKES" RUSSO
Associates: A few guys from Harlem they ain't Italian but they get money!!!!

" Skinny he's a stand up guy". A man's man". They don't make guys like skinny no more."
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: dontomasso] #758116
01/11/14 10:34 AM
01/11/14 10:34 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Watergate, Bridgegate. Nixon lied.....resigned. Christie (did he lie?)...bullies don't resign.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: afsaneh77] #758117
01/11/14 10:49 AM
01/11/14 10:49 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss

That might be true, but he still wouldn't win the Southern states. He is too rude for their taste. He is also pro choice.
Keep in mind that most southern states are now heavily inhabited by Yankees who were driven out of the north by high taxes Etc. Christie was a US Attorney and I don't think he's stupid enough to pull a stunt like that. Just my opinion And don't forget, if he's running against hillery, there will be a lot of dirty tricks coming down the pike and this will be coming up more

Last edited by bigboy; 01/11/14 10:51 AM.
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: olivant] #758133
01/11/14 11:35 AM
01/11/14 11:35 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: olivant

True. Discovery could be a lengthy process, and will not be limited to communications, documents and testimony directly related to this incident. While discovery has to have some perimeters and can't be solely a fishing expedition, the plaintiffs will be entitled to obtain discovery to establish a systemic pattern of abuse within the office. There will be some responses to certain discovery that claim executive privilege, but I don't think that the state will attempt to bar a class action suit on soverign immunity. By doing so, my guess is that it will cause additional political problems for Christie. But like Romney refusing to release relevant tax returns, if the damage created by releasing discovery exceeds the potential credibility damage in not releasing them, the state may claim soverign immunity. It can't stop litigation against individual office holders in this situation though.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: afsaneh77] #758136
01/11/14 11:39 AM
01/11/14 11:39 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

Christie will have big problems among Republicans in the midwest and south.

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: afsaneh77] #758153
01/11/14 01:21 PM
01/11/14 01:21 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

I think I did. If he isn't a liar and that is too far fetched, then he is very incompetent for the reason I mentioned that who would see the situation and not question such a stupid study in the first place. It's exactly the kind of underhanded way GOP operates, not caring who gets hurt as long as they make the other side look bad.

Not caring who gets hurt as long as the other side looks bad? Oh yeah because liberals don't do that at all rolleyes

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: MaryCas] #758154
01/11/14 01:23 PM
01/11/14 01:23 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Watergate, Bridgegate. Nixon lied.....resigned. Christie (did he lie?)...bullies don't resign.

Yet another baby boomer lib who wants to compare this to watergate. Good grief

Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #758180
01/11/14 04:47 PM
01/11/14 04:47 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands

You are incredibly astute to characterize me as a baby boomer lib. Your instincts are razor sharp, but your grasp of tongue in cheek irony needs a little work.

BTW, afs, I don't buy that "traffic study" baloney either. If it was true, that would have to be the dumbest traffic study of all time and the responsible members of the Port Authority staff should have been fired for incompetence, gross negligence and reckless endangerment.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Christie and The GW Bridge [Re: MaryCas] #758183
01/11/14 05:26 PM
01/11/14 05:26 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA

You are incredibly astute to characterize me as a baby boomer lib. Your instincts are razor sharp, but your grasp of tongue in cheek irony needs a little work.

BTW, afs, I don't buy that "traffic study" baloney either. If it was true, that would have to be the dumbest traffic study of all time and the responsible members of the Port Authority staff should have been fired for incompetence, gross negligence and reckless endangerment.

If I spoke too soon please correct me, I do believe you are a boomer are you not?

It is only my opinion you were too quick to damn Christie and compare his situation with that of Nixon, which you cannot equal there significance. Christie will rebound from this

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull