GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ben54), 64 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,684
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cherry Hill [Re: Giancarlo] #757362
01/06/14 10:00 PM
01/06/14 10:00 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Ya im just going off what the cop said in his interview on that documentary Nino mentioned, i think it was called "the 10 commandments of the mafia".

I forget his name but that fed was also on one of the shows about the pizza connection. I read he retired and became a private investigator. I liked the story he always tells about LaPorta's real young son being there when one of the deals went down. There was a few pounds of heroin and a bunch of kilo's of coke on the table and the fed said he was real uneasy about the kid being there so LaPorta asked the kid what he saw and the kid says "I see Nothing"..lol!

Wasn't he the Fed who ran the "King's Court" for Donny Brasco in Florida? I remember reading his book and he seems far from the screw-up they portrayed him as in the movie version.

He tired to infiltrate Pittsburgh and Rochester crew in the 1970s before Florida and in Florida he had a couple of other operations going on using the King's Court and trying to get to Traffacante. He had both the Bonnanos and Gambinos trying to get their hooks in to him. It was he, not Pistone who was recognized by a District Attorney he knew in an airport while with Lefty and had to threaten the guy to play it off for Lefty.

He later was a main under cover agent in Pizza Connection II and then retired shortly thereafter.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: Cherry Hill [Re: johnnyboysala] #757370
01/06/14 10:21 PM
01/06/14 10:21 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
The DEA Agent in the photos is Frank Panessa.

Tony i'm not sure if he was the guy you mentioned but it's definitely possible. I'll have to check that....i have the book somewhere around here.

Re: Cherry Hill [Re: johnnyboysala] #757376
01/06/14 11:33 PM
01/06/14 11:33 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Tony Pro, I do not think it was Frank Panessa in the Kings Court down in Florida as that agent was describe as lean and a bit cut I believe or I could be wrong.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Cherry Hill [Re: johnnyboysala] #757580
01/07/14 10:47 PM
01/07/14 10:47 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
Thanks Giancarlo and Giacomo, I just remembered the guy's name and it seems they aren't the same people. The FBI agent I'm thinking of was Edger Robb (undercover name Ed Rossi). He wrote about his experience in a book called "Friend of the Family", pretty decent book.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: Cherry Hill [Re: Giancarlo] #758395
01/13/14 06:01 AM
01/13/14 06:01 AM
All Over
NinoSconza Offline
ACTING BOSS
NinoSconza  Offline
ACTING BOSS
Made Member
All Over
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: NinoSconza
Two Philly Mobsters ratted on the Sicilian's back then and they mentioned it in a documentary which I thought was surprising consider the siggy's whacked them those guys.

The main guys that got popped were the LaPorta brothers Paolo and Giovanni. They went down hard in the 1980's...big heroin and coke guys according to the feds. Supposedly they did a lot of business with Cesare Bonventre. I read they were caught on tape bad mouthing him and weren't pleased with the quality of the merchandise they got from him. Don't know who the 2 philly guys were that set them up but i think they must of been fellow sicilian mafioso's....not positive though.

Heres a pic...it's identified as being the 2 LaPorta brothers but the guy on the left looks to me like Alberto Ficalora who was one of their main guys...the other shorter guy is one of the LaPorta's but i'm not sure which one. Big guy might be that undercover fed.

Heres another one...same guys. That big guy is definitely the undercover fed. I bet thats either a bunch of cash or a kilo of heroin in that bag he's carrying.

The look on their faces says a 1000 words. I think they knew the minute he left with that bag that they had f'd up.

The Sconza Crime Family

UNDISPUTED DEFACTO CARETAKER "BOSS" - SKINNY !!!
ACTING BOSS: NINO SCONZA (Awaiting Trial)
UNDERBOSS : Alfonse "Madbull" Capuzzi
Consigliere: Dellocroce
Street Boss: CHEECH (Supervised Release)
CAPO Joe "Search Function" Schmouzzi
Solider : Nino Sconza Jr.
Florida Faction
Capo Dr. PB (BOCA)
Associate: Jose LNU
SICILIAN FACTION
BOSS: CARMELA "Gravy"
UNDERBOSS: SALVATORE "SNAKES" RUSSO
Associates: A few guys from Harlem they ain't Italian but they get money!!!!

" Skinny he's a stand up guy". A man's man". They don't make guys like skinny no more."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull