GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 129 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,538
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: last name in new jersey [Re: blacksheep] #837079
04/10/15 07:20 PM
04/10/15 07:20 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
I heard ghostface had beef with the deluca family

Hahahah. You might be the only person here who would get the reference that is my user name.

I was wondering if your name came from that supreme clientele track.

It did. Haven't worked out in about a year, lol.

Re: last name in new jersey [Re: xs0u1x] #837269
04/12/15 12:29 PM
04/12/15 12:29 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
The campisi crew was more or less a renegade gang that dealt in drugs and were stone killers. Both petey black and petey white are dead. Nana camisi was a made guy under the Geneves protection. Otherwise it was a family operation running south orange ave., 14th avenue and freyhlenhusen ave in Newark. Of course there was more turf than that they had but that's the brunt of it. They were stone killers and absolutely fearless. Petey white died a few years ago choking on a lobster tail on Father's Day If I recall correctly. Btw, the book, to drop a dime by a former killer of the crew, is a very good book if you can find it. Just my opinion and thoughts.

Re: last name in new jersey [Re: getthesenets] #837291
04/12/15 02:40 PM
04/12/15 02:40 PM
NJ/CA
Alfanosgirl Offline
Underboss
Alfanosgirl  Offline
Underboss
NJ/CA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: Garbageman
Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Originally Posted By: Belmont
The Campisi's are done. They were big in vailsburg Newark.

Yeah...My uncle used to have a diner/luncheonette on South Orange Ave years ago and they would go in there from time to time...
He said they were very respectful(for what it's worth) but batshit crazy.

So that's why he had the book. We're all originally from Vailsburg. My dad grew up there. We moved out in 1971 just before I would have had to go to school there. Lived on Poe Avenue. My grandfather had a Barber Shop on South Orange Ave, right near where Pauls Tavern was. My dad owned a beauty salon on S.O. Ave in the village for years. I remember Grunnings was a great place to eat. The Chickens Nest had great potato pancakes.

My aunt used to own a restaurant on South Orange Avenue about a block or two over from Sacred Heart.

Italian restaurant/cafe next door.

One thing I always remember....there used to be two older men with their chairs smack in the middle of the sidewalk in front of the cafe...drinking coffee and EVEN guys who were known tough guys and maybe killers used to cross the street or walk along the gutter rather than walk in front of that place while those men were sitting. We're talking early 90s.

The Vailsburg section is being slowly gentrified, the areas closest to South Orange that its.

@getthesenets
I can definitely believe that scene whether they're real tough guys or wanna be tough guys.

Even my grandma's cousin had one of their bakeries there in Orange called Coquelle's. I've never been there or to the one in Union City, just to the Vesuvius bakery in Fairview. Not sure if the grandkids run the one in Orange or Union City now since our cousin has passed but I doubt it. The Vesuvius bakery has been closed for a while now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull