GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, furio_from_naples, U talkin' da me ??), 150 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,480
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: bigboy] #755364
12/24/13 03:27 PM
12/24/13 03:27 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: bigboy
As to Duck Dynasty, I've never seen it before but my daughters like it a lot. I am told that Robertson is highly educated. I am also told that he was a college football star and team mate off Terry Bradshaw. I did hear Terry say that thew only reason that he got the QB job was because Robertson Quit. It was not a case of Bradshaw playing better than Robertson. Anyway, I say if you don't like what the guy is saying, just don't watch his show.

Yes he was educated at Louisiana Tech and was actually a school teacher at one point. He was also the starter at Tech at QB with Bradshaw actually on the bench behind him. If Robertson didn't quit to "duck hunt" as he put it, Bradshaw probably only would have had a year maybe at Tech to prove himself. It is actually not a bad show for kids to watch, there is no cussing and they seem to be Godly people on t.v. (you never really know the true person until you are around them without cameras). My son watches and loves it as well (he is 9). I will watch it, but not big into it as I was after the first season. Since the first season you could tell everything was set up while they were "at work".

Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: dixiemafia] #755366
12/24/13 03:59 PM
12/24/13 03:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Since the first season you could tell everything was set up while they were "at work".

I think that's true of all reality shows, Dixie. The only reality show that I watch is "Pawn Stars." And that's only for the historical element (and my man Chumlee cracks me up grin ). But at least a portion of that show is scripted. I'm sure of that much.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: xs0u1x] #755367
12/24/13 04:09 PM
12/24/13 04:09 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: xs0u1x
right to free speech and beliefs does not exempt you from the consequences of said speech.This is a basic rule we are taught as children, there are consequences for your actions.A&E has every right to suspend him if they choose too. when you basically say that someones lifestyle leads to pig fucking....expect some repercussions.

free speech is a two way street. he's free to express his opinions, people are also free to disagree with him.

is louisiana a right to work state? lol the irony...there's nothing he can do anyways if they do fire him.

The "consequences" shouldn't have been him being suspended. What he said wasn't worthy of that. But it's like A&E almost felled compelled to because of the hyper-PC culture in our society today.

And, for the record, he was suspended because of his remarks about gays. Not blacks.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: pizzaboy] #755583
12/26/13 12:46 PM
12/26/13 12:46 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: klydon1
I've never seen the show and I'm not even sure what he said. But Ivy DOES have a point about some liberals being all for free speech .... unless they don't like what you're saying.

What exactly did he say, anyway? Was it the usual homos are gonna burn in Hell stuff, or did he add a new wrinkle?

There are right wingers just as guilty. Check Miss Palin this past week.

When have I ever posted anything to the contrary, Klyd? confused

I'm an Independent today, but I was a moderate Democrat for over thirty years (and to be honest, I still self-identify as such). But having been a Democrat for so many years never blinded me to the fact that the extremists on the Left are just as dangerous as the extremists on the Right. Because whether you're a tree hugging Lefty eco-terrosist who bombs construction sites, or a Righty Bible thumper who bombs abortion clinics, then guess what? You're a fucking lowlife murdering criminal who belongs in prison, not in a voting booth.

And I seriously believe that if you're willing to look the other way on a politician's record or credentials just because he or she has a (D) or an (R) next to their name, then you're not very enlightened. And of course I'm NOT talking about you personally, Klyd. We've "known" each other a long time and have a lot in common, Mets and Phillies aside grin.

Sorry to reply so late, but I just saw this. I didn't mean to point a finger at you,;I just hopped on your post to continue a thought. As you say, we know each other a long time and I know that the sentiments in my post are something with which you are already very familiar.

But bringing up the Mets and Phillies almost sapped my Christmas cheer. smile

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by klydon1; 12/26/13 12:46 PM.
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: klydon1] #755594
12/26/13 01:11 PM
12/26/13 01:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
But bringing up the Mets and Phillies almost sapped my Christmas cheer. smile

That's why I didn't bring up the Giants and the Steelers. Those wounds are still too fresh in the mind grin.

Merry Christmas, Counselor smile .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: IvyLeague] #755598
12/26/13 01:34 PM
12/26/13 01:34 PM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: xs0u1x
right to free speech and beliefs does not exempt you from the consequences of said speech.This is a basic rule we are taught as children, there are consequences for your actions.A&E has every right to suspend him if they choose too. when you basically say that someones lifestyle leads to pig fucking....expect some repercussions.

free speech is a two way street. he's free to express his opinions, people are also free to disagree with him.

is louisiana a right to work state? lol the irony...there's nothing he can do anyways if they do fire him.

The "consequences" shouldn't have been him being suspended. What he said wasn't worthy of that. But it's like A&E almost felled compelled to because of the hyper-PC culture in our society today.

And, for the record, he was suspended because of his remarks about gays. Not blacks.

but they did. just like any other place of employment would have done if I, myself, had been caught posting on facebook or something by co-workers for example.

if he is not prepared to defend his views, then he should not state them. free speech is not about "what I say goes and there is nothing you can do about it" in fact when you piss off a large segment of the population expect to defend yourself.

I'm serious, try that in your workplace and see how quickly you get let go. and if you are in a right to work/at-will employment state like louisiana, there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

Last edited by xs0u1x; 12/26/13 01:37 PM.
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: SgWaue86] #755861
12/27/13 08:09 PM
12/27/13 08:09 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
His views on some things are more mainstream than the media lets people realize,
his views on African-Americans seemed strange, but not offensive. His views on homosexuals were well stated, he even added that he has no hate for them.

Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: SgWaue86] #755882
12/27/13 11:22 PM
12/27/13 11:22 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: pizzaboy] #755927
12/28/13 10:51 AM
12/28/13 10:51 AM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Since the first season you could tell everything was set up while they were "at work".

I think that's true of all reality shows, Dixie. The only reality show that I watch is "Pawn Stars." And that's only for the historical element (and my man Chumlee cracks me up grin ). But at least a portion of that show is scripted. I'm sure of that much.
You are right, most of "Pawn Stars" is scripted. I have a friend who has been in the pawn business for ages. He knows of people who own very valuable collectibles who have been approached about going on the show and pretending to negotiate with the star while he has no intention of ever getting rid of the item. This happened here in Fayetteville where they started a show, "Combat Pawn" which only lasted two episodes, but again locals were approached about bringing in valuable firearms. By the way, Pawn Stars rakes in a lot of $$$ (Sure you know that) Your guy Chumlee drives either a Lamborghini or Maserati. Have you watched "Hardcore Pawn"- it's more realistic but I am sure they also script some things.

Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: bigboy] #755957
12/28/13 12:38 PM
12/28/13 12:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Have you watched "Hardcore Pawn"- it's more realistic but I am sure they also script some things.

The father's a douche, the son's an arrogant dick, and the daughter is just too hard to look at. She's THAT freaking ugly. But other than that . . . grin

Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: bigboy] #755962
12/28/13 12:58 PM
12/28/13 12:58 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

You are right, most of "Pawn Stars" is scripted.

Probably true. For one, some of the shots take place over time and require that customers hang around until an expert shows up to render an opinion. Also, some of the comments by customers and staff seem to be interposed; in other words, they are filmed afterwards.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: pizzaboy] #756237
12/30/13 11:20 AM
12/30/13 11:20 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Have you watched "Hardcore Pawn"- it's more realistic but I am sure they also script some things.

The father's a douche, the son's an arrogant dick, and the daughter is just too hard to look at. She's THAT freaking ugly. But other than that . . . grin

I don't think there's anyone on tv whom I despise more than that son. As bad as his sister is, she should be his boss.

That son prevents me from watching the show.

Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: klydon1] #756262
12/30/13 12:57 PM
12/30/13 12:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I don't think there's anyone on tv whom I despise more than that son. As bad as his sister is, she should be his boss.

That son prevents me from watching the show.

Agree a million percent, Counselor smile.

Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: SgWaue86] #756379
12/30/13 09:59 PM
12/30/13 09:59 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Opps! he did it again.

The following is from an interview back in 2009:

"You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16, they'll pick your ducks," proclaims Phil, whose aspiring fashion designer granddaughter, Sadie, is an apparently very marriageable 16. He then prudently cautions, "You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course."

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/gossip-phil...6-1789546.story

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: olivant] #756434
12/31/13 12:23 PM
12/31/13 12:23 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
We get various shows here about folks who live in the swamps and make moonshine etc etc, blah, blah, blah.

I imagine these shows are heavily edited for the format but they all look the same to me to be honest.

The best thing I ever saw about people living in swamps was SHREK.....

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #756437
12/31/13 12:34 PM
12/31/13 12:34 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
We get various shows here about folks who live in the swamps and make moonshine etc etc, blah, blah, blah.

I imagine these shows are heavily edited for the format but they all look the same to me to be honest.

There is a fad among some of the cable channels to produce shows about rednecks and hillbillies. They're all trying to copy Honey BooBoo. smile

Re: Bring back Phil Robertson [Re: klydon1] #756859
01/03/14 10:20 AM
01/03/14 10:20 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

There is a fad among some of the cable channels to produce shows about rednecks and hillbillies. They're all trying to copy Honey BooBoo. smile

Oh I have seen that as well Klyd. Awful, absolutely awful!!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull