GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TheKillingJoke), 307 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,680
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #756888
01/03/14 01:04 PM
01/03/14 01:04 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: TheArm
Second...Be careful when calling the Canadian and Utica crews "formally subservient", they are still very much Buffalo cities and Buffalo crews.....

As for Canada, it's centered Hamilton today is run by a capo and a street boss (they will both remain nameless as their names are not common knowledge)who both report directly to Falzone.

Although you appear knowledgeable on many subjects and aspects of the mob in the Buffalo area I cannot verify what you say and so personally, not that it matters, nor that you care, but Im undecided on your legitimacy.

The issue I wish to press is your above statements.

The suggestion that Hamilton is still 'under' Buffalo is, patenently absurd. In 'your' day this may have been vaguely the case but at best, near the end of the teather.

That Buffalo could excercise influence over the N'drangheta and further in Toronto is well, vastly over-reaching, imo.

If I give you info you can faind on the internet, I am giving you old news, if I give you info you can't varify, you have your doubts....the classic catch 22....but anyway...make no mistake, the indictment and imprisonment of the Falange crew did not end Buffalo's influnce and control of Upstate NY, and the elimination of Pops did not end it's influence in Southern Ontario. All due respect, you suffer from a common affliction of LCN buffs known as "snapshot syndrome". You assume that when an era ends or people are gone due to death or incarceration, everything comes to a screeching halt, it doesn’t. The benediction has been read over the Buffalo family 50 times since the Banana wars, and each time rumors of it’s demise prove to be wrong. Try opening a pizza joint in Syracuse, and see who you end up buying your cheese and boxes from, or do it in Hamilton and see who puts a dumpster in the rear of your parking lot a week before you open, and without you ever making a call.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: IvyLeague] #756907
01/03/14 03:26 PM
01/03/14 03:26 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
You may well be right. But I'm afraid my serious doubts persist.

But until someone of note or remnants flips.... or until I open a pizza joint, we'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, I think I'll beg to differ on this point.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: TheArm] #756914
01/03/14 04:10 PM
01/03/14 04:10 PM
Hamilton, Canada
Johnny_Pops Offline
Wiseguy
Johnny_Pops  Offline
Wiseguy
Hamilton, Canada
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Second...Be careful when calling the Canadian and Utica crews "formally subservient", they are still very much Buffalo cities and Buffalo crews.....

As for Canada, it's centered Hamilton today is run by a capo and a street boss (they will both remain nameless as their names are not common knowledge)who both report directly to Falzone.

Although you appear knowledgeable on many subjects and aspects of the mob in the Buffalo area I cannot verify what you say and so personally, not that it matters, nor that you care, but Im undecided on your legitimacy.

The issue I wish to press is your above statements.

The suggestion that Hamilton is still 'under' Buffalo is, patenently absurd. In 'your' day this may have been vaguely the case but at best, near the end of the teather.

That Buffalo could excercise influence over the N'drangheta and further in Toronto is well, vastly over-reaching, imo.

If I give you info you can faind on the internet, I am giving you old news, if I give you info you can't varify, you have your doubts....the classic catch 22....but anyway...make no mistake, the indictment and imprisonment of the Falange crew did not end Buffalo's influnce and control of Upstate NY, and the elimination of Pops did not end it's influence in Southern Ontario. All due respect, you suffer from a common affliction of LCN buffs known as "snapshot syndrome". You assume that when an era ends or people are gone due to death or incarceration, everything comes to a screeching halt, it doesn’t. The benediction has been read over the Buffalo family 50 times since the Banana wars, and each time rumors of it’s demise prove to be wrong. Try opening a pizza joint in Syracuse, and see who you end up buying your cheese and boxes from, or do it in Hamilton and see who puts a dumpster in the rear of your parking lot a week before you open, and without you ever making a call.

I heard Papalia's old crew in Hamilton was now run by Joey Pugliese and Dominic Italiano. I don't think there is much chance of them carrying a lot of influence with the Siderno group. Like I said before, Buffalo did nothing when Papalia was wacked so I doubt they have the muscle to push around the Calabrians today.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Clemenza
Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #757019
01/04/14 02:44 PM
01/04/14 02:44 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Southeastern Massachusetts
Buffalo exercising control over the N'Drangheta? Fat chance. If the N'Drangheta wanted to take a hot, steamy shit on Falzone's head, there's nothing anybody in Buffalo could do about it at this point. Too many connections on the other side, true Mafioso over there. Brutal Mafioso over there. Not only would they take a shit on Falzone's head, but they'd rape and pillage his family. A whole other world when dealing with the N'Drangheta, Camorra or the Sicilians.

Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: IvyLeague] #757310
01/06/14 04:44 PM
01/06/14 04:44 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Methinks you guys put WAY too much stock in the bark of the canadian "honored society", it's far worse than their bite. Their "muscle" is in their meth addict biker associates who are too busy fornicating with fat women with bad dye jobs to make any moves and native American cigerette smugglers who deal in nickes and quarters.
Pops was whacked at a time when the family was weak. The old timers were on the way out and the young terks were not yet acclimated. After the fact was simply too late.

Last edited by TheArm; 01/06/14 04:46 PM.

Been there and done it
Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: IvyLeague] #757551
01/07/14 07:44 PM
01/07/14 07:44 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
ANyone know why Carl RIzzo was hit.?

Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: strococs] #757629
01/08/14 12:31 PM
01/08/14 12:31 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: strococs

two reasons...First...Carl had the worst and most dangerous job in all of organized crime. He kept the books (both sets) for a legit business which was family controlled. He knew all the numbers and in 1980 when major heat came down, he was a total liability
Second, he could have possibly weathered that storm had he listened to what he was told instead of going rogue and trying to be above the fray instead of under the Radar.
In the end, he had to go.

Been there and done it
Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: TheArm] #757636
01/08/14 12:51 PM
01/08/14 12:51 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: strococs

two reasons...First...Carl had the worst and most dangerous job in all of organized crime. He kept the books (both sets) for a legit business which was family controlled. He knew all the numbers and in 1980 when major heat came down, he was a total liability
Second, he could have possibly weathered that storm had he listened to what he was told instead of going rogue and trying to be above the fray instead of under the Radar.
In the end, he had to go.

but for what? skimming? who was he with?

Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: strococs] #757849
01/09/14 04:25 PM
01/09/14 04:25 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Rizzo was with the Pieri crew.
He oversaw a dental clinic of all things who were scamming insurence companies and in those days, medicaid which covered dental, and was washing money from other operations. When heat came down he was told to lay low and get rid of any and all paper trails, but instead he chose to keep all the books as what he thought was "insurance" for himself...he should have listened

Been there and done it
Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: TheArm] #757863
01/09/14 05:07 PM
01/09/14 05:07 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Rizzo was with the Pieri crew.
He oversaw a dental clinic of all things who were scamming insurence companies and in those days, medicaid which covered dental, and was washing money from other operations. When heat came down he was told to lay low and get rid of any and all paper trails, but instead he chose to keep all the books as what he thought was "insurance" for himself...he should have listened

Yeah was helping John Montana and some mobsters from jersey, get the unions to go to the certain clinics. Has something to do with prepaid dental plans overblling etc etc , pretty good scam.

Re: New article on Buffalo [Re: IvyLeague] #772386
04/09/14 07:59 PM
04/09/14 07:59 PM
JoeTheBoss Offline
Button
JoeTheBoss  Offline
Button
so what does the structure of Buffalo look like now?

"Goodfellas don't sue Goodfellas....Goodfellas kill Goodfellas." - Salvatore Profaci
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull