GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 347 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: southend] #755299
12/24/13 12:02 PM
12/24/13 12:02 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: southend
can u imagine what the funeral will look like
I bet it's gunna be bigger than Carlo Gambino's with a who's who of guys from Europe and North America, also I'm no expert on Canada but I'm gunna peg Rocco Solecitto and his three sons as people to watch

Last edited by TonyBoy117; 12/24/13 12:05 PM.
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755307
12/24/13 12:15 PM
12/24/13 12:15 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I'm curious to see where he is buried, being that him and his wife have crypts in Cattolica Eraclea.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755359
12/24/13 03:17 PM
12/24/13 03:17 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Yea I find it funny some folks will post "what does NY think about this" every time something happens in Montreal. Vito hasn't answered to anyone for a while now, even when Massino was still boss. I'd say after George from Canada was clipped by Massino that was the end of Montreal answering to ANYONE.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755372
12/24/13 04:26 PM
12/24/13 04:26 PM
D
DA13 Offline
Button
DA13  Offline
D
Button
WHO'S THE NEXT DON?
Vito Rizzuto has few known remaining blood relatives. His son Leonardo is the family's lawyer who is currently a member in good standing of the Quebec Bar Association. Vito has several other loyal allies:
- Rocco Sollecito: Childhood friend of Vito's and reportedly one of the five heads of the crime family. The 65-year-old has been in charge of the family's construction interests. Sources tell QMI Agency that Sollecito is likely the Mafia don's strongest ally, loyal "in life and to the death."
- Francesco Arcadi: Perhaps the only other surviving member of the ruling executive. Took over family operations after Vito Rizzuto was sent to prison. Arcadi is currently serving a 15-year prison term.
- Liborio "Poncho" [BadWord]: Son of murdered Rizzuto associate Agostino [BadWord], who was killed along with his bodyguard in June 2010.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755378
12/24/13 04:55 PM
12/24/13 04:55 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I like that thought vito in d.r. held that meeting telling all he was terminal just wanted peace and all responcible for his father and sons death killed. I think that's it, and I like that idea there under the Gambino lcn flag to cause there was never a lcn family in montreal it was bonanno's. done with massino and his rats.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755389
12/24/13 07:21 PM
12/24/13 07:21 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@ Sonny_Black: /me chuckles
@ Carmela: I was not insinuating you personally were NY fanboy, I merely want to clarify this absurd notion that Montreal is under the Gambino's or Bonnano's. Look at pmac's post above.

People think NY or Frank Cali controlling the world are sadly mistaken.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755395
12/24/13 09:00 PM
12/24/13 09:00 PM
Baltimore, MD
F
ForgettableName Offline
Wiseguy
ForgettableName  Offline
F
Wiseguy
Baltimore, MD
Just four days before Vito died, I predicted he would retire in comfort many years from now, so clearly my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. But that being said...

After the last few years in Montreal it would be rather foolish to figure that one person will step into Vito's shoes and control the family with minimal to no bloodshed. If anything can work for the current family to remain in power, a combination of a ruling panel approach and a swift and heavy hand to any detractors will be required to keep things from too much upheaval.

So who will "lead" the family now that Vito is dead? The obvious prediction, made by both the posters here and to a lesser degree in the Canadian media is Rocco Sollecito. He is the only member of the old ruling panel to still be living/on the streets. But the problem with this idea is two fold. For one, Rocco is still on probation, and has already been re-incarcerated since his release from prison due to probation violations related to Mafia affiliation. The police are as well aware as anyone about the possibility of his taking control, thus causing any reign to be short lived. Problem two with Rocco is the fact that of the old panel, he has the least violent tendencies, having never been charged with a violent crime, and having never been confidently linked to any murders. This weak handed approach could prove devastating when faced with serious opposition.

So who should be the figure head of this ruling panel? If I had to predict I would say it's Domenico Manno. Although old, he has a wealth of experience, he's married into the Rizzuto family and is thus about the only remaining person in the Rizzuto family with serious credentials. He's not afraid to use violence, as he spent time in prison for the Paolo Violi murder, and is not on any kind of Canadian probation. Possibly most beneficial is the fact that his son/grandson (not sure which) Robert (Bobby) Manno is a Mafia affiliate/member, and can be used as a more physical street presence in lieu of the elderly Domenico.

As for the other members of the ruling panel, Rocco will most certainly have an influence, and even more likely will be the increased presence of his sons Stefano, Mario, and Giuseppe. Stefano was a close confidant to Vito in his last year of life which should further ease the transition to power. Another key thing to remember is that Francesco Arcadi, Francesco Del Balso, and Lorenzo Giordano are all eligible for release in 2014, and assuming they make parole, you can expect them all to join the ruling panel and greatly increase the power of the family. Other possible panel members with a strong relationship to the former family head are Liborio [BadWord] (Son of murdered street boss Agostino), Paolo [BadWord], Giovanni DiMora (Brother in law of Agostino Cun-trera and another man convicted in the Violi murder), Calogero Renda (Son of Paolo), Stefano Arcadi (Brother of Francesco), and longtime mafioso Tony Mucci.

Other longtime Rizzuto allies to consider: Emanuele Ragusa, Frank Martorana, Pietro “Peter” Scarcella, Sabatino Nicolucci, and Pierino Divito. (The last three having all been released from long prison sentences in the past couple years.)

Sorry for the long post, and again this is all highly speculative, just my two cents on the line of succession.

The name is forgettable, I hope the posts are not.
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #755419
12/25/13 12:36 AM
12/25/13 12:36 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Well you got that right. I always say people on these boards totally over-exaggerate him.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #755437
12/25/13 06:32 AM
12/25/13 06:32 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
@ Carmela: I was not insinuating you personally were NY fanboy, I merely want to clarify this absurd notion that Montreal is under the Gambino's or Bonnano's. Look at pmac's post above.

You're blowing it way out of proportion. Not ONE person on this board stated that Cali was running Montreal, someone from the Real Deal forum did! Then you jump out and talk about fanboys like there's loads on here when there isn't one, female behavior.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: TommyGambino] #755448
12/25/13 10:02 AM
12/25/13 10:02 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

You're blowing it way out of proportion. Not ONE person on this board stated that Cali was running Montreal, someone from the Real Deal forum did! Then you jump out and talk about fanboys like there's loads on here when there isn't one, female behavior.

Exactly. And just for the record, no one on the Real Deal forum said that Cali controlled the world as well. It's thought that he's been acting as an ambassador for different Mafia families, particulary those of Sicilian origin. And I do think that he's been acting as an intermediary between the Sicilians in Canada and the Gambinos and Bonannos in New York.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755460
12/25/13 12:32 PM
12/25/13 12:32 PM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
I was just reading about this in the toronto sun and some1made a comment that the coroner passed on the autopsy saying its not necessary.if thats true it has to make u wonder if he was poisoned to

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: Sonny_Black] #755463
12/25/13 01:15 PM
12/25/13 01:15 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Exactly. And just for the record, no one on the Real Deal forum said that Cali controlled the world as well. It's thought that he's been acting as an ambassador for different Mafia families, particulary those of Sicilian origin. And I do think that he's been acting as an intermediary between the Sicilians in Canada and the Gambinos and Bonannos in New York.

Spot on pal.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: Sonny_Black] #755490
12/25/13 06:14 PM
12/25/13 06:14 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Exactly. And just for the record, no one on the Real Deal forum said that Cali controlled the world as well. It's thought that he's been acting as an ambassador for different Mafia families, particulary those of Sicilian origin.

Unless I can't read English, the quote posted by 'Strax' from the real deal states Montreal is now 'UNDER' the Gambino's.
So 'just for the record' that's PRECISELY what they're saying.

And until there is a thread of evidence to support this, it's a baseless call and I've every right to call bullshit, as rumours fly around this place more than the watercooler at a national secretaries conference.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 12/25/13 06:16 PM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755501
12/25/13 08:11 PM
12/25/13 08:11 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
I got the Gambino brothers mixed up. I was talking about Joe Gambino who is a Mafioso from Sicily. John Gambino is a Capo in the Gambino crime family. Sorry for the mix up.

I think a lot of people are claiming that New York's Gambino and Bonanno crime families are calling the shots in Montreal is due to Frank Cali of the Gambino crime family, and Salvatore Catalano of the Bonanno crime family are acting like as intermediary to Montreal and Sicily. Montreal is still in control by the Sicilians.

There is about half a billion dollars worth of drugs in Montreal every year and about a quarter of a billion dollars in other rackets every year. The Sicilians are not going to give that up. They are losing money right now and want things to calm down fast.

The top contender for taking over the Rizzuto crime family in my honest opinion is Rocco Sollecito, but like I have said, even the top contenders are never a sure thing. ForgettableName made an excellent post above about the Rizzuto family power structure.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755502
12/25/13 08:23 PM
12/25/13 08:23 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I find it funny folks will say Montreal is "under" anyone. Actually that is flat out laughable. Rizzuto doesn't answer to any of the N.Y. families period. I'm sure he has dealt with a few lately but they are not under anyone so please quit with it!

Who knows who Vito wanted to be the man. I totally forgot about Ragusa, he is another old schooler up there that holds some power. That name hasn't been tossed around much lately.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #755509
12/25/13 09:00 PM
12/25/13 09:00 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
I got the Gambino brothers mixed up. I was talking about Joe Gambino who is a Mafioso from Sicily. John Gambino is a Capo in the Gambino crime family. Sorry for the mix up.

I think a lot of people are claiming that New York's Gambino and Bonanno crime families are calling the shots in Montreal is due to Frank Cali of the Gambino crime family, and Salvatore Catalano of the Bonanno crime family are acting like as intermediary to Montreal and Sicily. Montreal is still in control by the Sicilians.

There is about half a billion dollars worth of drugs in Montreal every year and about a quarter of a billion dollars in other rackets every year. The Sicilians are not going to give that up. They are losing money right now and want things to calm down fast.

The top contender for taking over the Rizzuto crime family in my honest opinion is Rocco Sollecito, but like I have said, even the top contenders are never a sure thing. ForgettableName made an excellent post above about the Rizzuto family power structure.

John, joe, and rosario gambino are all from sicily, but both john and joe are both made in the gambino family, while rosario is the only one of the three brothers who were made in sicily.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755513
12/25/13 09:12 PM
12/25/13 09:12 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Thank you Dellacroce. I thought two of the brothers were made in Sicily.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #755516
12/25/13 09:25 PM
12/25/13 09:25 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Thank you Dellacroce. I thought two of the brothers were made in Sicily.

Ya, im not 100%, but im pretty sure only rosario was made in sicily. Rosario was in charge of the "cherry hill gambinos" in new jersey, selling herion, who were apart of the sicilian mafia, while joe and john operated out of Brooklyn under the gambino family.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755523
12/25/13 10:42 PM
12/25/13 10:42 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Southeastern Massachusetts
Is it fair to say that Vito Rizzuto was arguably the most powerful and wealthiest boss over the last 25 years?

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755524
12/25/13 10:44 PM
12/25/13 10:44 PM
S
Sharpshooter0009 Offline
Associate
Sharpshooter0009  Offline
S
Associate
First time poster but I have been a long time lurker.

Just wanted to join in on this conversation considering that the Montreal mob scene (Canada's mob scene in general) has been the most fascinating we've seen in a very long time.

The death of Vito was certainly sudden and shocking to many considering his power, but we need to remember that this is a 67 year old that was ill. So when you take a step back and realize life in general, it's not very shocking, still, it's interesting to speculate giving what is presented to us.

Some say that it seems unusual how an autopsy was shrugged off like that, I too was confused and was thinking that perhaps they wanted to cover up Vito's real death? But then again what would the motive be to cover up the reason of his death? Is it a pride thing? If his enemies wanted to take pride in his death (Assuming they killed him), they would make it known to everyone that he's killed. I doubt Vito was poisoned, I think the autopsy was avoided because the cause of death was probably obvious in the hospital, you have a 67 year old man who has been fighting lung cancer and he was just brought in for pneumonia (Which on its own I'm sure can be deadly to the elderly). So they felt there was no reason for it considering the obvious reason. But for the sake of the other opinion, if he was poisoned, I think the ones who did it were very close to him.

As far as who takes over, that's very difficult to answer, one thing for sure, Vito left his organization is a very favorable position in Montreal by taking out some of the biggest figures from the opposing faction. If his family plays their card right, they will remain on top. For me, it will come down to whether the new leadership is respected by everyone within the organization or not. If so, then the transition will be smoother. Some people have mentioned obvious names such as Arcadi or Sollecito which are high ranking members in the organization, but how well are these guys respected internationally? Remember that when one speaks of Vito, we're talking about arguably the most powerful Italian don outside of Italy, you don't replace a guy like that very easily.

Last edited by Sharpshooter0009; 12/25/13 10:45 PM.
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #755528
12/26/13 12:32 AM
12/26/13 12:32 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Unless I can't read English, the quote posted by 'Strax' from the real deal states Montreal is now 'UNDER' the Gambino's. So 'just for the record' that's PRECISELY what they're saying.

You're quite amusing and this really is a lame attempt to troll. Let me explain it to you nevertheless. I said that no has said that 'Cali controlled the world'. I did not say that no one has said that 'the Gambinos control Montreal'. Also, Cali is the underboss of the Gambinos, so if the Gambinos control something, it means that their boss, Domenic Cefalu, controls something, not Cali. Ofcourse, based on your imagination Montreal equals the world, so I guess I understand your point of view..

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Who knows who Vito wanted to be the man. I totally forgot about Ragusa, he is another old schooler up there that holds some power. That name hasn't been tossed around much lately.

Ragusa is in his seventies and has been in prison for many years, being released on parole less than a decade ago. Based on these facts I very much doubt he would be interested in the top spot. If I had to guess I'd say he's retiring. The same goes for Vincenzo Di Maulo. In fact, they were sent to prison in the same trial and were released at about the same time.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755536
12/26/13 02:29 AM
12/26/13 02:29 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@Sonny_Black: I honestly can't see why my point is so hard to understand. I'll attempt to clarify.

ALL I'm saying is that Montreal is neither under Bonnano control and that there is ZERO evidence that it is under Gambino control.

I posted such to quell any rumours which may start from Strax's quote from the RD.

It is simply baseless speculation from NY posters who think the world revolves around them. And that if Montreal is not under Bonnano control they simply must be under another NY families command because the thought of independence is apparently inconceivable.

What is so terribly hard about that. There is no trolling but simple logic. I do not think Montreal is the centre of the universe and nor do I think it's under any NY family.

I hope this clarifies my point.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755540
12/26/13 03:10 AM
12/26/13 03:10 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline OP
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline OP
Underboss
manchester uk
I think the Montreal mob is independent now , I don't believe it's under the control of any family from New York either

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755541
12/26/13 03:12 AM
12/26/13 03:12 AM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline OP
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline OP
Underboss
manchester uk
I read a few of the rizzuto soldiers including Vito were made members of the bonnano family though . Will the bonnanos still not have a claim on these guys considering there made into that family ?? If there making the kind of money people r saying there making , surly the bonnanos would be after a slice of the pie ??

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755542
12/26/13 03:47 AM
S
Sharpshooter0009 Offline
Associate
Sharpshooter0009  Offline
S
Associate
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I read a few of the rizzuto soldiers including Vito were made members of the bonnano family though . Will the bonnanos still not have a claim on these guys considering there made into that family ?? If there making the kind of money people r saying there making , surly the bonnanos would be after a slice of the pie ??

Whether they have a slice in the pie or not I don't know. But I doubt they have any say or power over Montreal. In fact I think the Montreal mob is stronger and bigger than any family out of NYC at the moment (Genovese included). The same goes for the Siderno group headed by the Commisso's out of Toronto.

I think these groups are more powerful because they have deep international connections and also the laws in Canada are very weak which allows them to operate in ease.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: carmela] #755543
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: carmela

Well you got that right. I always say people on these boards totally over-exaggerate him.

Rizzutto has 10x the reach of cali

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755551
12/26/13 07:36 AM
12/26/13 07:36 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@Domwoods:

The Bonannos may WANT a piece of the pie. But want and ability to enforce are a different thing.

The mob is about money. First and foremost. And money buys power.

The Montreal 'family' makes probably around 100 times that of which the Bonannos make annually. They control a multi multi million dollar drug pipeline of heroin and cocaine, have a monopoly on the construction industry as well as the standard extortion/protection, gambling and loan. This and with global connections.

That the Bonannos with their 80odd guys on the street (who bring in relatively irrelevant $$ in comparison and none of whom have any international connections) could even attempt to 'enforce' any tribute or subversion is simply ridiculous.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755558
12/26/13 10:19 AM
12/26/13 10:19 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
RIP Vito... so in the modern day and age where mob bosses die in jail or of unnatural causes, this brings up a question...

Does the board think that there will be another mob boss dying of natural causes while outside of prison? If so, which one?

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #755560
12/26/13 10:25 AM
12/26/13 10:25 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
RIP Vito... so in the modern day and age where mob bosses die in jail or of unnatural causes, this brings up a question...

Does the board think that there will be another mob boss dying of natural causes while outside of prison? If so, which one?

Crea maybe. Riggi, Tocco, Difronzo, Falzone all have a good chance.

Re: Vito rizzuto dead [Re: domwoods74] #755561
12/26/13 10:37 AM
12/26/13 10:37 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: domwoods74

during the 1990s the Montreal crew had a total of about 20 made guys and they were all considered members of the bonnano family. according to Sal Vitale, the last time there was a tribute payment from montreal to new york was in 1999. I believe they stopped kicking up after George from Canada was murdered.

-Jordan Belfort
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull