GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 148 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,477
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew #749348
11/20/13 06:06 PM
11/20/13 06:06 PM
Gotti Offline OP
Button
Gotti  Offline OP
Button
I watched the documentary about the Bath Avenue crew recently and found it very interesting. I know there's probably a few people on here with information about them. It'd be nice to hear some stuff considering there doesn't seem to be that much on the internet about them.

Also, were the Bath Avenue crew what you'd call a mob farm team similar to the Tanglewood Boys and New Springville Boys? I'd like to know a bit more about these sorts of Italian American street gangs. The stories about Jimmy Emma and the Rampers got me interested in this side of LCN, if you can call it that.

Thanks.

Last edited by Gotti; 11/20/13 06:07 PM.

Makes you think. Makes you think about the people in your life. And when I think, I think of Neil. If he were here now what would he say? He would say "John what's it about? What's life about... if you dont go through it as a man's man?". He'd say "Suck it up, take the fall do the time. That made you what you are. That makes you what you are. How long have we been around this thing of ours? This Cosa Nostra? 120 years. What's it about? It's about the rules, perimeters. You take the beating for a friend, you don't run, you don't lay down, you don't betray who you are. What you are.
Re: Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew [Re: Gotti] #749358
11/20/13 06:35 PM
11/20/13 06:35 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
That was a great documentary. Pretty refreshing to see a relatively new story on a mob doc.

Anyway, I don't think these or other groups of kids were "farm teams" in the sense of like a AAA baseball team. That's more of a term the media or mob watchers gave them. They're just kids that grew up together with LCN relatives or in neighborhoods with an LCN presence and got into crime. Some aspired to be made guys and eventually got there, others didn't care.

There's some info about the Bath Ave kids in a Michelle McPhee book called "A Mob Story." I also think the book is called "Mob over Miami." She doesn't have the best rep as an author but there is some good info in there I thought. The story's main focus is Chris Paciello, and he was connected to both Bath Beach and the Springfield kids on Staten Island. So there's some info about both of those crews, as well as that Lucchese crew ran by Jimmy Galione who had the kids in Gravesend selling coke/crack.

Also check the Flipped: Mobster Tells All documentary about Mike DeRosa - he was an associate of Galione and worked for that Lucchese drug crew I mentioned above.

I always found these younger kids stories to be interesting because I had a lot of friends like these kids growing up who did little scams, small sports books, drugs, etc... but nowhere close to the level of intensity these kids were at. These late 80s early 90s kids back then went hard for it. Most were psychos, rats, or both ... but at the time they were pretty damn ruthless and pulling huge money for kids their age. its crazy. Say what you will about Paciello, he's a rat, punk, whatever... but it takes major balls to rob a fuckin bank, and he was running successful restaurants and nightclubs (tough industry to be successful in) when he was like 27 or 28 years old.

I wish there was more info about the crew of kids from Middle Village connected to Baldo Amato. Gianni or Gianinni crew or something like that. There were a few rats from that crew, im surprised we haven't gotten a good story or documentary out of one of them

I think the modern equivalent today would be Alphonse Trucchio's crew in Queens. Maybe they're a little more polished and older but it was a huge crew with a lot of young guys involved with pretty much everything. Drugs, shakedowns, sports... when he got taken down it said it was the Gambino's "most active crew" in the indictment

Last edited by tt120; 11/20/13 06:43 PM.
Re: Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew [Re: Gotti] #749423
11/20/13 11:51 PM
11/20/13 11:51 PM
Gotti Offline OP
Button
Gotti  Offline OP
Button
Thanks for the reply, man. Do you know if 'Flipped: A Mobster Tells All - Michael (Mikey Flattop) DeRosa' was uploaded online? I can't seem to find it anyway. And do you know many of some of these guy's names? Maybe I'll be able to find out about some other guys. Was Bath Avenue just Gulino, Reynolds, Calandra etc or was there more not mentioned. Who were the 20th Avenue Colombos mentioned in the documentary, and who was involved in the Giannini crew? Did these guys pay/kick up to local wiseguys?

Makes you think. Makes you think about the people in your life. And when I think, I think of Neil. If he were here now what would he say? He would say "John what's it about? What's life about... if you dont go through it as a man's man?". He'd say "Suck it up, take the fall do the time. That made you what you are. That makes you what you are. How long have we been around this thing of ours? This Cosa Nostra? 120 years. What's it about? It's about the rules, perimeters. You take the beating for a friend, you don't run, you don't lay down, you don't betray who you are. What you are.
Re: Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew [Re: Gotti] #749513
11/21/13 12:34 PM
11/21/13 12:34 PM
N
ninogaggi Offline
Wiseguy
ninogaggi  Offline
N
Wiseguy
in that doc, didnt one of the bath ave crew kids push anthony spero which wound up getting him hit?

Re: Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew [Re: Gotti] #749514
11/21/13 12:38 PM
11/21/13 12:38 PM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
Yes, he lost his temper, pushed Spero in public and was killed.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew [Re: SilentPartnerz] #750169
11/25/13 07:17 AM
11/25/13 07:17 AM
Gotti Offline OP
Button
Gotti  Offline OP
Button
Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
Yes, he lost his temper, pushed Spero in public and was killed.

Seems very stupid dying over pushing somebody. Does anybody know what he lost his temper for? And does anybody here have information on the Rampers too or any stories about any of the crews mentioned above.

Re: Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew [Re: Gotti] #750177
11/25/13 09:32 AM
11/25/13 09:32 AM
J
JoeP Offline
Button
JoeP  Offline
J
Button
The bath ave guys were at war with the guys from 20th ave, both were heavy into coke/crack biz and shooting at each other all over bensonhurst. Spero sat down with the columbo's ( 20th ave was with them) and called a truce but paulie wanted to go to war and got pissed that spero didnt back him.

Re: Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew [Re: Gotti] #750181
11/25/13 09:50 AM
11/25/13 09:50 AM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Thank God non of those Bath Ave guys made it they were all fucking pyscho's.

Re: Paulie Gulino, Bath Avenue Crew [Re: Gotti] #750220
11/25/13 05:17 PM
11/25/13 05:17 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Flipped: Mobster Tells All documentary about Mike DeRosa

where can I watch this? can you purchase it?

When Interpol?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull