GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 316 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,918
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,332
Posts1,058,802
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
American Horror Story #746331
10/30/13 09:04 AM
10/30/13 09:04 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I just finished watching the first season of American Horror Story on Netflix. WOW! If you are into horror then this one is a must.

From what I understand every season is different and does not tie into the previous one. The first season that I just watched in about a Murder House. Real eerie!

Season 2 has to do with an Insane Asylum. And this 3rd season, which just started, is about a coven of witches.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: American Horror Story [Re: Don Cardi] #746332
10/30/13 09:12 AM
10/30/13 09:12 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Hi DC,

I watched the very first episode (about a year ago) of the first season and liked it very much. However, I played hell trying to find the second episode. I don't have NetFlix so I tried on line (Hulu I think and a couple others)which for some reason didn't have episode 2 but later ones. Plus, FX never repeated it and it wasn't on "On Demand." After searching for a while I said "screw it" and decided it wasn't worth it. mad

Btw, since you enjoy AHS an Walking Dead, check out (if you haven't already) A&E "The Bates Hotel." You only missed season 1 and it's due back I think in February.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 10/30/13 09:13 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: American Horror Story [Re: Don Cardi] #746335
10/30/13 09:38 AM
10/30/13 09:38 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
I just finished watching the first season of American Horror Story on Netflix. WOW! If you are into horror then this one is a must.

From what I understand every season is different and does not tie into the previous one. The first season that I just watched in about a Murder House. Real eerie!

Season 2 has to do with an Insane Asylum. And this 3rd season, which just started, is about a coven of witches.

Season 1 and 2 were amazing, i personally preferred Asylum but both of them are great. So far though Coven has been terrible imo, i almost turned the last episode off. None of the characters interest, not even the amazing Jessica Lange or Kathy Bates has saved it for me. Bates plays the real life socialite and serial killer Madame Lalaurie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine_LaLaurie

TIS as DC said, none of the series are connected so you could just pick up from the new season. They use mostly the same actors but they play different characters, for instance Lange is the next door neighbour in Murder House, a nun in Asylum and the head witch in Coven.

DC you should watch Asylum if it's on Netflix, it's alot darker than Murder House but i thought it was better. Zachary Quinto and Jessica Lange are amazing in it.

Re: American Horror Story [Re: Camarel] #746342
10/30/13 10:43 AM
10/30/13 10:43 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Hi DC,

I watched the very first episode (about a year ago) of the first season and liked it very much. However, I played hell trying to find the second episode. I don't have NetFlix so I tried on line (Hulu I think and a couple others)which for some reason didn't have episode 2 but later ones. Plus, FX never repeated it and it wasn't on "On Demand." After searching for a while I said "screw it" and decided it wasn't worth it. mad

Btw, since you enjoy AHS an Walking Dead, check out (if you haven't already) A&E "The Bates Hotel." You only missed season 1 and it's due back I think in February.
TIS

Originally Posted By: Camarel

Season 1 and 2 were amazing, i personally preferred Asylum but both of them are great. So far though Coven has been terrible imo, i almost turned the last episode off. None of the characters interest, not even the amazing Jessica Lange or Kathy Bates has saved it for me. Bates plays the real life socialite and serial killer Madame Lalaurie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine_LaLaurie

TIS as DC said, none of the series are connected so you could just pick up from the new season. They use mostly the same actors but they play different characters, for instance Lange is the next door neighbour in Murder House, a nun in Asylum and the head witch in Coven.

DC you should watch Asylum if it's on Netflix, it's alot darker than Murder House but i thought it was better. Zachary Quinto and Jessica Lange are amazing in it.

You can watch the first two seasons HERE - AMERICAN HORROR STORY

Ignore all the messages that pop up telling you to download this, or click on that. They are just unnecessary ads and links. Just x them out. All you need to do is click on the ARROW in the middle of the viewing screen.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: American Horror Story [Re: Don Cardi] #746480
10/31/13 03:03 AM
10/31/13 03:03 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I've just watched episode 4 and i thought it was a big improvment. The opening scene was brutal, and it seemed like alot more happened than in the previous 2. It looks like Coven is going to stay like Asylum was and drop alot of the mystery elements that were in Murder House. It worked for Asylum, let's hope it's the same for Coven. The ending was pretty good too, i think there's going to be some type of war between the normal witches and the voodoo witches.

I've got to say the actress who plays the young Jessica Lange is great at impersonating her, even though she's only playing a bit part so far. Lange herself has been great as usual, she's amazing at playing evil bitches. It's fucked up what Balding did to himself so he wouldn't be forced into speaking, the guy is certainly screwed up considering the last scene lol . From the preview it looks like the next episode is going to be great.

Re: American Horror Story [Re: Camarel] #748468
11/14/13 11:52 AM
11/14/13 11:52 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
have you watched any of AHS Asylum yet DC? If so what do you think compared to Murder House?

I just finished Asylum. I enjoyed it.....up until the season finale that is.

The first 10 episodes or so were extremely sick, twisted and interesting. I particularly loved the way that they made the viewer go from despising Sister Jude to eventually rooting for her.

But the season finale was wayyyy too predictable and for the most part uneventful.

If I had to compare the 1st two seasons I would have to say that overall I enjoyed season 1's Murder House story line more than season 2's Asylum story line because Murder House, in my opinion, was much more interesting and the season finale of Murder House was much much more eventful bringing the entire season and all of its characters full circle.

I have tried watching this season's Coven story line, but had a very hard time getting past the first episode. Guess I'm not really into the witches thing! lol

Don Cardi cool

Re: American Horror Story [Re: Don Cardi] #755842
12/27/13 06:33 PM
12/27/13 06:33 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Quote:
have you watched any of AHS Asylum yet DC? If so what do you think compared to Murder House?

I just finished Asylum. I enjoyed it.....up until the season finale that is.

The first 10 episodes or so were extremely sick, twisted and interesting. I particularly loved the way that they made the viewer go from despising Sister Jude to eventually rooting for her.

But the season finale was wayyyy too predictable and for the most part uneventful.

If I had to compare the 1st two seasons I would have to say that overall I enjoyed season 1's Murder House story line more than season 2's Asylum story line because Murder House, in my opinion, was much more interesting and the season finale of Murder House was much much more eventful bringing the entire season and all of its characters full circle.

I have tried watching this season's Coven story line, but had a very hard time getting past the first episode. Guess I'm not really into the witches thing! lol

Sorry DC i have just noticed this after looking at the Homeland thread.

The reason i preferred Asylum was that they didn't try to make the end a mystery, it was clear from the episode that reveals Bloodyfaces identity that was how the series was going to end.

The problem with the Murder House mystery imo, was that there was supposed to be a mystery, even though it was clear from the start that the house was full of ghosts. What did it reveal in the end that you didn't already assume?

One thing i have to say and i'm sure you'd agree from your posts, is that Jessica Lange makes the series, i think the reason we eventually turn from hate to sympathy is her performance. I'd also say that Zachary Quinto and Joseph Fiennes need mentioning as their performances in Asylum are great.

Re: American Horror Story [Re: Don Cardi] #790957
07/22/14 01:32 PM
07/22/14 01:32 PM
D
DonMega1888 Offline
Underboss
DonMega1888  Offline
D
Underboss
Stopped watching after season 2 cool show though

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull