GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, BarrettM, VitoCahill), 65 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,128
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,386
Posts1,059,760
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: Dwalin2011] #742407
10/01/13 12:29 PM
10/01/13 12:29 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
It depends on the point of view. To me, they are no better than murderers. Morality and the sense of compassion for the abandoned children matter very much to me, more than THIS kind of "rights". Freedom is a good concept, but when people are free to do really EVERYTHING WITHOUT EXCEPTION, society will disappear.

Let's be clear, legal matters don't depend on point of views or morality. He said they have no right. But they do. They can abandon their children in churches, fire stations and locations like that and stop being parents. Morality is a whole other issue which I wasn't talking about. If someone can't provide for their children, maybe it isn't that immoral in my book either. Someone who can't feed themselves, are not expected to take care of another dependent.

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
All medical matters of a person are subjected to privacy rights.

So a child is not a person with a right to live no matter what?

Of course all living beings have a right to life. However, that right should not be forced on others. If you be the only one who can give body parts to your dying child and save him/her, and if you choose not to do so, are you a murderer? I don't think so. It's your body. You legally are not required to do so. That's a person. Its life depends on you. Still you don't have to save it.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: afsaneh77] #742412
10/01/13 12:45 PM
10/01/13 12:45 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Parents have no right to evict their children from the crib...

Since when? What law mandates this? Parents could stop being parents. They aren't murderers for abandoning their children.

Your argument for saying not being viable is the same as a person who needs medical assistance is simply false. The very big difference is that you don't make anyone take care of them. Those who do, do it voluntarily with love, or professionally with pays and benefits. Both can walk out any time they wish.

That was the argument posted at Libertarians for Life.

I think the form of abandonment they have in mind is NOT bringing their unwanted children to a hospital or fire station, but abandoning them to the elements, as in leaving them in their cribs and totally ignoring/neglecting them, including not giving them food or water. Leaving the baby in the crib while the rest of the family moves out of the house never to return. THAT sort of abandonment. I don't consider giving up a child to be adopted abandonment -- that can actually be a very loving thing.

Regarding what a person does to themselves in privacy doesn't wash either. Take for example a mentally disturbed person cuts off her own hand, or nose. Is she going to be left alone because of her privacy rights? I let you answer that one.

Last edited by Faithful1; 10/01/13 12:53 PM.
Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: dontomasso] #742413
10/01/13 12:47 PM
10/01/13 12:47 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Until Faithful and Schmo are banned forever I am not posting in this section.

That's mighty fascist of you, dontomasso. Someone disagrees with you and you want them banned. Heil, dontomasso!

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: Faithful1] #742417
10/01/13 01:01 PM
10/01/13 01:01 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Regarding what a person does to themselves in privacy doesn't wash either. Take for example a mentally disturbed person cuts off her own hand, or nose. Is she going to be left alone because of her privacy rights? I let you answer that one.

Abortion clearly is not what a person does to herself, it's what's being done to her, at her choice, by a healthcare professional. Are trying to say that women wanting abortion are mentally disrupted? Wow. Are those who refuse to give body part to their children are mentally disrupted as well? It's their obvious right.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: afsaneh77] #742426
10/01/13 01:45 PM
10/01/13 01:45 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

Abortion clearly is not what a person does to herself, it's what's being done to her, at her choice, by a healthcare professional. Are trying to say that women wanting abortion are mentally disrupted? Wow. Are those who refuse to give body part to their children are mentally disrupted as well? It's their obvious right.

Clearly a person is morally disturbed, to coin a phrase, if they are willing to kill their own child, and often mentally disturbed as well. As for it being a right, that's only because a certain US Supreme Court decided that way. If it decided the other way it wouldn't be a FEDERAL legal right. As such, rights that are given can easily be taken away. Moreover, just because it's a right doesn't make it morally good. If a right is nothing more than a choice, then it is a right to rob a bank. However, that doesn't make it the right thing to do in a moral sense.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: Faithful1] #742432
10/01/13 02:14 PM
10/01/13 02:14 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
First of all, you evade my question. Should there be a law that make people give body parts to their children? Should medical information of people be made public so that they get blamed for not doing so?

As for Roe, the case is based on other cases that give women right to their privacy to use contraception. I doubt there would be grounds for overturning that without overturning a lot of other cases that would not happen. But then GOP sells that to its less bright base just to gather votes. grin

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742447
10/01/13 02:56 PM
10/01/13 02:56 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
I didn't answer your question because the way its worded doesn't make sense. "Should there be a law that make people give body parts to their children?" If you rewrite it in a way that makes sense then I can answer. The way you wrote it, it sounds like you're advocating a law for cannibalism.

As for medical info being made public, thanks to Obamacare it is now in the hands of the IRS.

We already went over Roe being bad law based on something Justice Brennan made up and does not follow logically from privacy concerns. You shouldn't insult the GOP base. It's the Democrats who bring mentally retarded patients who have no idea about politics to vote (they get to go into the voting booth with them), so they're not only the evil party, but the mentally retarded party. The criticism I'll make on the GOP is that they're a wimpy party that's afraid to fight back (with a few exceptions).

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742448
10/01/13 03:17 PM
10/01/13 03:17 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
You didn't answer it, because you don't want to show the hypocrisy of your argument. My question is clear. Should there be laws that mandates parents to donate body parts to their children in need of a transplant? If you choose not to do so, have you murdered your child? Should this matter be presented to public and not just IRS that doesn't picket outside hospital?

You went over why you think Roe is a bad case. I never said I agree with you.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: afsaneh77] #742457
10/01/13 04:00 PM
10/01/13 04:00 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss

Of course all living beings have a right to life. However, that right should not be forced on others. If you be the only one who can give body parts to your dying child and save him/her, and if you choose not to do so, are you a murderer? I don't think so. It's your body. You legally are not required to do so. That's a person. Its life depends on you. Still you don't have to save it.

Actually, I only meant that for me abortion is murder. I didn't mean that not donating body parts is murder, I was only talking about killing unborn children (or abandoning those already born, but that was another question), not about organ donation.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 10/01/13 04:01 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: Dwalin2011] #742458
10/01/13 04:04 PM
10/01/13 04:04 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Actually, I only meant that for me abortion is murder. I didn't mean that not donating body parts is murder, I was only talking about killing unborn children (or abandoning those already born, but that was another question), not about organ donation.

But it's the same thing. Isn't the dying child in need of kidney innocent? Isn't it your child? So why shouldn't there be a law that make you donate a kidney or part of your liver or whatnot? Is it just women who are taken for granted? Don't they have a say if they don't want to donate their womb to a fetus?

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: afsaneh77] #742466
10/01/13 04:29 PM
10/01/13 04:29 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
You didn't answer it, because you don't want to show the hypocrisy of your argument. My question is clear. Should there be laws that mandates parents to donate body parts to their children in need of a transplant? If you choose not to do so, have you murdered your child? Should this matter be presented to public and not just IRS that doesn't picket outside hospital?

You went over why you think Roe is a bad case. I never said I agree with you.

When you assume things you make an ass of yourself. Don't assume to know what my thoughts or motivations are. I wrote why I didn't answer you the first time and that was why. A law to mandate that parents give their body parts when their children are in need of a transplant shows a total lack of understanding of genetics. Children have both sets of DNA -- one from each parent. A single parent may not be a match for any given organ, plus there are registries available. Parents may also need those organs so they can work to make the money that pays for the child's care, so not donating does not imply neglect or abuse. Some organs one cannot live without. A parent cannot donate his/her heart/brain/liver/etc and still live. It would be suicide, and would leave the child without a parent.

Your question is a non-sequitur, and to answer "No" (as I do), is not an example of hypocrisy but of logical thinking and a knowledge of reality. I'll add that if a parent refuses to donate an organ to their child (for whatever reason), it is not a case of the active taking of a human life. There is no intention of ending the human life. In the case of abortion there is an active deliberate taking of a human life. If you refuse to give your child your liver you are not trying to kill your child, but if you skin your child alive or chop it to pieces (as abortion does), then you are actively and deliberately murdering your child. BIG DIFFERENCE.

On Roe, did you mean you never said you DIDN'T agree with me?

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: Faithful1] #742474
10/01/13 04:44 PM
10/01/13 04:44 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
When you assume things you make an ass of yourself. Don't assume to know what my thoughts or motivations are. I wrote why I didn't answer you the first time and that was why. A law to mandate that parents give their body parts when their children are in need of a transplant shows a total lack of understanding of genetics. Children have both sets of DNA -- one from each parent. A single parent may not be a match for any given organ, plus there are registries available. Parents may also need those organs so they can work to make the money that pays for the child's care, so not donating does not imply neglect or abuse. Some organs one cannot live without. A parent cannot donate his/her heart/brain/liver/etc and still live. It would be suicide, and would leave the child without a parent.

Your question is a non-sequitur, and to answer "No" (as I do), is not an example of hypocrisy but of logical thinking and a knowledge of reality. I'll add that if a parent refuses to donate an organ to their child (for whatever reason), it is not a case of the active taking of a human life. There is no intention of ending the human life. In the case of abortion there is an active deliberate taking of a human life. If you refuse to give your child your liver you are not trying to kill your child, but if you skin your child alive or chop it to pieces (as abortion does), then you are actively and deliberately murdering your child. BIG DIFFERENCE.

On Roe, did you mean you never said you DIDN'T agree with me?

Oh, please, it's obvious what I meant. I meant what if a parent is the only candidate available at the time that can donate a body part that would save their child and let them live, such as a kidney, liver or bone marrow. After all it's not like it's legal to donate a heart or brain of a living person. So if they passively sit and let their child die, it's not murder. So I challenge you to make such a case a matter of public record as you think abortion should be and see how public would react to your choice. lol

In Roe, I meant what I said in that post. Read it again. "I never said I agree with you." It means I don't agree with you. rolleyes

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742486
10/01/13 06:08 PM
10/01/13 06:08 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
It might have been obvious in your mind, but we aren't mind readers. You needed to be clear and you were not. I don't presume to know what you're thinking as you shouldn't presume to know what I'm thinking. We're arguing both philosophical and legal issues here, so arguments have to be precise to be understood accurately.

How the public reacts shows how little you understand logical reasoning. An argument isn't true because it's popular. Opinions are fluid and easily changeable, easily influenced. If want a popularity contest, don't debate philosophy.

It was already obvious that you agreed with Roe and didn't agree with me on it, so what you wrote was either pointless or confused. It made more sense for it to be in error with a word left out, but you wanted it to be pointless. If you want to restate what really is obvious, well that's your right.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742537
10/02/13 01:09 AM
10/02/13 01:09 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
As if you don't intend to win a philosophical argument based on popularity contest, one that's already won in Roe by greater minds than yours.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742567
10/02/13 10:53 AM
10/02/13 10:53 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Roe wasn't won by popularity, it was won by force, by minds lower than dirt.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742588
10/02/13 12:32 PM
10/02/13 12:32 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
For the record I never said Roe won by popularity. Not sure how you read my posts. Just wow.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742603
10/02/13 02:02 PM
10/02/13 02:02 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
This thread is a perfect example of how low this board has gone

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: Don Marco] #742608
10/02/13 02:16 PM
10/02/13 02:16 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Don Marco

And why is that, Don Marco? Please enlighten us.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: Don Marco] #742674
10/02/13 11:59 PM
10/02/13 11:59 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

clap

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742676
10/03/13 12:06 AM
10/03/13 12:06 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
This thread has an interesting title. However, belatedly, this is the first time I've surfed here. How did it evolve into a thread about abortion?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: Faithful1] #742734
10/03/13 12:24 PM
10/03/13 12:24 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

Allow me to enlighten you. There was once a time when the members here could engage in civilized debates without insulting one another. Now, it is impossible to disagree with someone without making a personal attack against them. There is no respect between board members anymore.

Half of you are damned lucky that I don't moderate these boards.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: olivant] #742747
10/03/13 01:47 PM
10/03/13 01:47 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: olivant
This thread has an interesting title. However, belatedly, this is the first time I've surfed here. How did it evolve into a thread about abortion?

I don't recall without looking at the older entries. Maybe there should be a separate abortion topic.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: XDCX] #742748
10/03/13 01:50 PM
10/03/13 01:50 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: XDCX

Allow me to enlighten you. There was once a time when the members here could engage in civilized debates without insulting one another. Now, it is impossible to disagree with someone without making a personal attack against them. There is no respect between board members anymore.

Half of you are damned lucky that I don't moderate these boards.

I'm all for civilized debate. One of the less civilized debaters not only threw out a bunch of insults at me but even pm'd a few. If we can all agree to be gentlemen (and ladies) here and agree to disagree without being disagreeable, I'm all for it. I'd like to see others make that pledge.

Re: US "Ready To Invade" another Country [Re: DE NIRO] #742771
10/03/13 03:39 PM
10/03/13 03:39 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull