GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 359 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,113
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,383
Posts1,059,715
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: dontomasso] #735751
08/20/13 10:41 PM
08/20/13 10:41 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Ok, I've said it. It is a stupid sport that gets worse as each year goes by. The College conferences are a complete mess, they make no sense, and all of it is about money. The "student-athletes" aren't really students, and the number of thugs per capita among them compares to the rest of the population is too hish. Cash strapped schools pay coaches more than professors or researchers, and at the end of the day there are always the same five or six schools have a shot at the national championship.

As for the pro game, it is a waste of time. The frickin games take 4 to 5 hours...it is not worth it. There are countless replays, inane announcers and a few elite teams and little else worth watching.

I watched very little football last year and probably will watch none this year (except the Super Bowl, which no one really watches anyway. Its just an excuse to have a party).
Thoughts?

Hard to believe it wasn't a woman that posted this.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: IvyLeague] #735812
08/21/13 10:24 AM
08/21/13 10:24 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

I am not surprised Ivy League has a problem with women. I bet they have a problem with him as well. Except for mom, of course, because as we all know Ivy League lives at home and spends his time in the basement in his pajamas surfing the net all day.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: dontomasso] #736181
08/22/13 10:18 PM
08/22/13 10:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I am not surprised Ivy League has a problem with women.

I don't have a problem with women. I just find a guy who sees no value in the great sport of football rather queer.

Quote:
I bet they have a problem with him as well. Except for mom, of course, because as we all know Ivy League lives at home and spends his time in the basement in his pajamas surfing the net all day.

And you're basing this on what?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: IvyLeague] #737039
08/27/13 01:20 PM
08/27/13 01:20 PM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I don't have a problem with women. I just find a guy who sees no value in the great sport of football rather queer.

As usual you do not have your facts straight (or should I say you are just not straight). What I said was PRO football and the newly developed mega conferences in College football is a waste of time. I love the game of football High School, small time College, pick-up games of touch...I just don't like the NFL brand.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: dontomasso] #737922
09/01/13 08:36 PM
09/01/13 08:36 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
/I used to play football and for years loved it and attended every NFL game in town, but it has gotten to the point that I just see dollar signs running down the field. The NFL as well as the players have gotten too greedy in my mind. A lot of these fans don't have a pot to piss in but will give up all kinds of things to get the money to go to the game and pay $8.00 for a wax paper cup of beer or $5.00 -$7.00 for a hot dog. The NFL settled the players suit over concussions long term effects because they didn't want the players Attorneys getting into their finances during discovery and find out that they are taking in BILLIONS while they struggle to see a game. I have pretty much now lost interest and watch very few games anymore- except the occasional Packers game we get down here

Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: dontomasso] #738158
09/03/13 11:55 AM
09/03/13 11:55 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Another reason why the NFL settled the lawsuit was to keep private their records indicating that they had longstanding knowledge that cerebral injuries were producing long term symptoms and serious ailments.

The NFL has bargained out of the workers' compensation systems of the states. In any other industry employers through their carriers or insurance companies would be liable for disability and treatment related to work injuries even if the symptoms exist after separation from employment. The NFL had a nice scam going where their aged players were suffering but the League passed off the expenses to the individuals or, more likely, the taxpayer.

Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: klydon1] #738162
09/03/13 12:43 PM
09/03/13 12:43 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Another reason why the NFL settled the lawsuit was to keep private their records indicating that they had longstanding knowledge that cerebral injuries were producing long term symptoms and serious ailments.

The NFL has bargained out of the workers' compensation systems of the states. In any other industry employers through their carriers or insurance companies would be liable for disability and treatment related to work injuries even if the symptoms exist after separation from employment. The NFL had a nice scam going where their aged players were suffering but the League passed off the expenses to the individuals or, more likely, the taxpayer.

Klydon if you have the luxury to grab Mickey D's again, you shoulkd grab the crispy chicken ranch wrap shit ain't bad.

Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: klydon1] #738209
09/03/13 05:46 PM
09/03/13 05:46 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss

Yes, you sure got that right

Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: TheIsland] #738309
09/04/13 11:15 AM
09/04/13 11:15 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: TheIsland

Klydon if you have the luxury to grab Mickey D's again, you shoulkd grab the crispy chicken ranch wrap shit ain't bad.

Somebody else said that to me. when I pulled at the drive thru window, I was surprised by the extent of the menu. I only remembered the burgers, so I went with a quarter pounder.

Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: klydon1] #738319
09/04/13 11:58 AM
09/04/13 11:58 AM
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

Another thing is with all the trades, free agency, and players moving around all the time, it is hard to develop loyalty. Are we rooting for teams or just for uniforms of our home towns?

Re: Football Is A Waste Of Time [Re: dontomasso] #738345
09/04/13 01:40 PM
09/04/13 01:40 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Another thing is with all the trades, free agency, and players moving around all the time, it is hard to develop loyalty. Are we rooting for teams or just for uniforms of our home towns?

I don't if it's just me but it seems 10 or 20 years back these guys were a lot tougher. They weren't pussies about small shit if they had to tough out the game to win it for the team they did it!

Page 2 of 2 1 2