GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ben54), 270 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,594
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: azguy] #729786
07/26/13 12:31 AM
07/26/13 12:31 AM
P
PP Offline
Made Member
PP  Offline
P
Made Member
Originally Posted By: azguy
Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
In Chicago, Joey Lombardo and Jimmy Marcello have yet to talk.

What do they have to offer at this point..?

Lombardo could probably offer up John DiFronzo, Pete DiFronzo, Marco D'Amico and Joe The Builder. Probably more than a few unsolved murders as well.

Marcello? Not sure. Would he know who killed Anthony Zizzo and Ronnie Jarrett?

Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: PP] #729789
07/26/13 12:46 AM
07/26/13 12:46 AM
B
bobbytran Offline
Capo
bobbytran  Offline
B
Capo
Probably not Zizzo he was killed in '06 by that time Marcello had been in jail over a year awaiting trial.

Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #729896
07/26/13 12:43 PM
07/26/13 12:43 PM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
Easy to talk about doing time if you've never done any. On to the next thread for me...

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #729908
07/26/13 01:33 PM
07/26/13 01:33 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
why would you list the five families last when they've ratted the most?

there ain't no telling how many wires are being worn in NY

that's a proven fact

Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: cookcounty] #729946
07/26/13 03:46 PM
07/26/13 03:46 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
why would you list the five families last when they've ratted the most?

there ain't no telling how many wires are being worn in NY

that's a proven fact

The fuck? What list r talking about??

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: SilentPartnerz] #729948
07/26/13 04:01 PM
07/26/13 04:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
Easy to talk about doing time if you've never done any.

Thank you, SP. Those eleven words speak volumes.

Now don't get me wrong, if you're in or even around the life you're supposed to stand-up. You do the crime, you do the time. But these kids who haven't even lived yet, who are still living with their parents, who've never been within a hundred miles of a real wiseguy, or spent a single night inside, yet feel obligated to ''hate'' rats, aren't very credible on this subject. And I'm NOT singling anyone out on this board, I'm talking about these types of boards in general.

If you've walked the walk that's one thing. If you've lost family to jail for long stretches (especially a father), that's also understandable. But if you're posting your hatred for rats without any firsthand knowledge of what it means to hear that iron door shut behind you, you really have to re-think your position until it happens to you.

And again, I'm NOT talking about anyone in particular on this board. I'm just replying to Silent Parnerz's very astute post smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #729968
07/26/13 05:03 PM
07/26/13 05:03 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I would also like to add PB, it's not exactly a GOOD thing if you get thrown in jail for anything, whether you're a mobster, gangbanger, crooked businessman or a cat burglar.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: pizzaboy] #729992
07/26/13 06:25 PM
07/26/13 06:25 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Now don't get me wrong, if you're in or even around the life you're supposed to stand-up. You do the crime, you do the time. But these kids who haven't even lived yet, who are still living with their parents, who've never been within a hundred miles of a real wiseguy, or spent a single night inside, yet feel obligated to ''hate'' rats, aren't very credible on this subject. And I'm NOT singling anyone out on this board, I'm talking about these types of boards in general.

If you've walked the walk that's one thing. If you've lost family to jail for long stretches (especially a father), that's also understandable. But if you're posting your hatred for rats without any firsthand knowledge of what it means to hear that iron door shut behind you, you really have to re-think your position until it happens to you.

And again, I'm NOT talking about anyone in particular on this board. I'm just replying to Silent Parnerz's very astute post smile.

Amen to that. For years I've seen a lot of posters on these forums act like they have some axe to grind with rats when they have no skin in the game, so to speak. They'll knock the guy who flips for his crimes while rooting for the guy he's ratting on (who's guilty of the very same crimes). I'm not in the mob so what do I care if a guy rats? From where I sit, rats can provide a lot of good info, even if they usually have hypocritical and self-serving reasons for ratting.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/26/13 06:25 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: pizzaboy] #729995
07/26/13 06:28 PM
07/26/13 06:28 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
Easy to talk about doing time if you've never done any.

Thank you, SP. Those eleven words speak volumes.

And my point is, then don't get involved to begin with. So it's all good and take a pledge of oath, but face 5-10 years in jail and cry like a bitch? Then I say, re-think your career choice before getting involved. I'll say it's different in Italy, because there's not so much of a choice to join. Like I always say...you're born into your family and you can choose to renounce it or stay.

Speaking about guys on these boards, they don't like rats, and then they don't like guys like Provenzano and Riina who stick to the code and keep their honor to which they pledged. So fuck em all.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: carmela] #730096
07/27/13 02:41 AM
07/27/13 02:41 AM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Amen Carmela. I was debating with this other guy about Gotti. He didn't like Gotti and thought he should have committed suicide by swallowing a poison pill rather than kill Castellano. Like that's what he would do. LOL.

Don't like the guy if he rats, don't like the guy if he accepts his fate and does his time in jail, don't like the guy because he killed first before he got killed. I mean what the fuck, what are we talking about here? Kids on a playground?

Some of these guys occcasionally make decent postings but they have no idea of reality in the Mafia. They are just talking big behind a fucking typewriter which means nothing.

Last edited by Chicago; 07/27/13 02:43 AM.
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: carmela] #730180
07/27/13 03:33 PM
07/27/13 03:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: carmela
Now don't get me wrong, if you're in or even around the life you're supposed to stand-up. You do the crime, you do the time.

And my point is, then don't get involved to begin with. So it's all good and take a pledge of oath, but face 5-10 years in jail and cry like a bitch?

We're in total agreement, Carm. That's pretty much what I said. If you choose to go that route, the you're supposed to stand up.

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Some of these guys occcasionally make decent postings but they have no idea of reality in the Mafia. They are just talking big behind a fucking typewriter which means nothing.

Exactly, Chicago. That's what I was trying to convey in my post (I'll re-post it underneath this).

But these kids who haven't even lived yet, who are still living with their parents, who've never been within a hundred miles of a real wiseguy, or spent a single night inside, yet feel obligated to ''hate'' rats, aren't very credible on this subject.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #730183
07/27/13 04:03 PM
07/27/13 04:03 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
It something i dont like to advertise( or ever intended to share on this board) but since people r sharing there personal opinions and experiences. Ive had to do a little time,5 months, which isnt a whole lot time but a little more than an overnight stay. And it was bc of someone who i called a good friend set me up cause he couldnt handle something he probly wouldve got probation for but what the fuck. So ive got a general problem with rats, but on each individual basis i can understand bc even 10 or 15 years is nothing scoff at let alone life, no1 knows what they would do in that situation, we like to think we would be honorable but its easier said then done. And pb and skinny r 100% right about having the right mindset, well i was "away" i got my GED while inside and really got into reading and it honestly made things a lot easier.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #730184
07/27/13 04:14 PM
07/27/13 04:14 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
I honestly am very surprised more guys with life sentences don't flip.

I'm thinking in some cases it's because the feds don't give them the option. The bigger you are, the bigger chip you'd have to play. You may know everything in the world but if they can't turn it into convictions, you're probably screwed.

Other people certainly do accept their fate and don't try to flip. Maybe it's fear that their families would be harmed. As docile as the Outfit in Chicago is recently, hell, it's still the mob. If inmate A threatens to take down a bunch of big guys, it certainly wouldn't be beyond them to pull out all the stops... if they could.

Other times, maybe they have such a mountain of crimes under their belt that it's hopeless. Say you're in for two murders but you know if you flip it's going to come out that you actually committed 30, plus you have 20 million in offshore accounts. You're going to have to be able to put away a TON of people for the feds to grant you complete immunity on that.

Other times, some people really have probably bought into the whole 'omerta' thing.

Just thinking out loud because I just think in most instances, everything else being equal, it would be human nature to do almost anything to avoid spending the rest of your life in jail.

Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: Dellacroce] #730186
07/27/13 04:20 PM
07/27/13 04:20 PM
B
bobbytran Offline
Capo
bobbytran  Offline
B
Capo
Same with me as Dellacroce I didn't sign up on this board to promote personal demons but since it seems that no one is to judge right now 2 years ago me and 4 other guys were arrested all on marijuana trafficking charges, a 6th person rolled a month earlier and pretty much gave us all up, i made bail the same day so I was only inside for four hours, anyways me and the guys were still looking at 5-15 years. I never thought about talking because I knew the case was crap, and I know that everyone involved got called at least once to the D.A.'S office for them to offer a deal, and suprisingly no one accepted the deal (one guy even had a kid on the way). Anyways the witness was arrested about 6 months later for possession of 100 oxy codone and ended up going to rehab, so with a witness like that the case fell apart and I plead to 3rd degree possession and the only jail time given was the kid that already had a record and got 9 months. I didn't cooperate because I had a lot worse happen to me in my life and was able to take that on the chin, so doing time didn't really scare me because I felt I had already experienced as bad as life gets, and you gotta remember people like Gotti, Salerno, Persico, etc. grew up with nothin. Life was kicking them in the ass from the begining and they managed to make it, so a life sentence wasn't something they saw as impossible to do, once again only an opinion not trying to sound like in the authority.

Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #730190
07/27/13 04:42 PM
07/27/13 04:42 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Haha mine wer the exact same charges, what messed me up was having a record too, that and they attached on a bunch of conspiracy charges. If your dumb enough to be doing what i was doing take this advice and STAY OFF your cell phone, certainly no text messages, i know its convenient but it will bite u in the ass!

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Staring down a life bid and saying "kick sand". [Re: Dellacroce] #730200
07/27/13 06:05 PM
07/27/13 06:05 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
The Outfit guys would say 'Prison becomes a state of Mind'.
You could be in prision at any time even in everyday life if you're trapped into something that makes you miserable and there is no practical way out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull