GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (joepuzzles234, The_Marble_Guy, m2w), 293 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,331
Posts1,058,790
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 50 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 49 50
Re: boston [Re: southend] #724280
07/05/13 12:05 PM
07/05/13 12:05 PM
boston, mass
E
easidenicky Offline
Wiseguy
easidenicky  Offline
E
Wiseguy
boston, mass
Very very true, really doesn't matter! Question southend what do you think about what this gigi is stating on his site, that bobby carrozza was a rat for govt in his case and he also mentions frankie imbruglia who has got be in his mid 70's now he was a connected gut with all the guys from eastie as well as RI, what are your thought? He is calling them both publicly know informants, i read parts of that case when the sellemme hit went down in 89, and frank imbruglia was grabbed by state police in everett with marino and another rat john smiley mele, and imbruglia had the license plate number to the rent a car that was used in the attempt on sallemme at the pancake house on rt 1 in saugus and get this the rental car was taken off of a rental lot in EB that imbruglias daughter janice worked at, and on project marino gigi talks about how imbruglia skated thru that whole case with no legal troubles of his own, what do you think, and carrozza was a longtime capt in the family and he was never known to be a rat

Last edited by easidenicky; 07/05/13 12:11 PM.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #724336
07/05/13 02:56 PM
07/05/13 02:56 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
When it comes to what Gigi says, you have to take it with a grain of salt. This is a guy who thought the Feds planted a listening device in his ass and embarrassed himself by shouting it in court. Plus, by the time this all reached a head, he was out of his mind on drugs. I hung around a group of guys back then who were in a circle that mixed with Gigi's from time to time and every time I saw him, he was whacked out on dope. It got to the point where his mind started to mush up and he was never normal. People stopped trusting him, stopped associating with him and I even know a few guys who got in the hole to his book several grand a piece and they all told him to beat it. Maybe that's normal for that world but he seemed a lot less respected than other guys I knew back then who were far less notorious. You've got to remember that when the war started the made guys and the connected guys were surrounding themselves with these young kids who were nothing but shooters and once the war was over they were probably going to end up dead themselves. I don't think any of those guys back then had a future in LCN. That whole time was very strange.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #724338
07/05/13 03:34 PM
07/05/13 03:34 PM
A
artichoke Offline
Button
artichoke  Offline
A
Button
I have 2 reasons for making that statement about Jimmy Martorano First and foremost it came out in the trial he made the araingments with the lawyers Francis Demento to make a deal with government. That is contrary to the oath I presume he took if he is the capo they say he is and is earning street money because of his being an lcn member. I also read the Medford tapes and I believe somebody said if I told you your brother was a rat What would you do? Now as for ratting on a rat Connolly didn't rat on anyone so what was his excuse for that testimony. I could be wrong about this because things have changed. Drugs making money off women in strip joints stealing from your friends when they go to jail Maybe that is the new life. If it is the mob is a joke today IMO

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #724340
07/05/13 03:58 PM
07/05/13 03:58 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Are the Patriarcas in Springfield Massachusetts or is that only the Genovese?

Re: boston [Re: NickyEyes1] #724349
07/05/13 04:49 PM
07/05/13 04:49 PM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

Springfield border the Connecticut River and anything East of the river is supposed to be Patriarca turf. This is a good question for Southend who seems to know a lot about that area.

Re: boston [Re: NickyEyes1] #724363
07/05/13 06:15 PM
07/05/13 06:15 PM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts

In Springfield you have (or had) brothers Frank and Louis Pugliano, Gaetano Milano, Frank Colantoni, Sonny Castagna. These guys among few others moved around between Springfield and Connecticut. Milano had a home right outside of Spfld in East Longmeadow like a lot of other mob guys Genovese or Patriarca.

Last edited by southend; 07/05/13 06:18 PM.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #724614
07/07/13 09:42 AM
07/07/13 09:42 AM
A
artichoke Offline
Button
artichoke  Offline
A
Button
I believe Milano seeked forgiveness from the judge in the Grasso murder which He performed, and was granted a reduced sentence. I heard he is coming home shortly due to the Fbi mishandling of his case. I remember Castagna and his kid were witneses for the Govt and are in the program. I don't believe the Patriarcas are really a group to worry about in that area now.

Re: boston [Re: artichoke] #724804
07/08/13 07:27 AM
07/08/13 07:27 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: artichoke
I believe Milano seeked forgiveness from the judge in the Grasso murder which He performed, and was granted a reduced sentence. I heard he is coming home shortly due to the Fbi mishandling of his case. I remember Castagna and his kid were witneses for the Govt and are in the program. I don't believe the Patriarcas are really a group to worry about in that area now.

Agreed with on all points

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #724848
07/08/13 11:36 AM
07/08/13 11:36 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Isn't Milano out now....???

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #724862
07/08/13 01:25 PM
07/08/13 01:25 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
what's the deal with the gemini club? do they do card games and things like that? could you just walk in there or would that be crazy?

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #724874
07/08/13 02:30 PM
07/08/13 02:30 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
there use to be a small sign that said "members only"...I think you would be asked to leave just wandering on and maybe not politely either...

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725101
07/09/13 03:36 PM
07/09/13 03:36 PM
boston/north end
Joerusso Offline
consigleire
Joerusso  Offline
consigleire
Underboss
boston/north end
they dont like me in there I go and bust balls big time lmaol esp during the games lmaol

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725153
07/09/13 06:34 PM
07/09/13 06:34 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Are the Patriarcas involved with any of the NYC or Philly families? I'm guessing the Colombos with that Ralph DeLeo situation and probably the Genovese since they have a crew in Massachusetts. Anyone other families?

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 07/09/13 06:35 PM.
Re: boston [Re: NickyEyes1] #725315
07/10/13 09:33 AM
07/10/13 09:33 AM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
Are the Patriarcas involved with any of the NYC or Philly families? I'm guessing the Colombos with that Ralph DeLeo situation and probably the Genovese since they have a crew in Massachusetts. Anyone other families?

Yes. The Patriarcas are pretty much allied with the Genovese's and always have been but in the 90's the Luccheses wanted a bigger piece causing n eternal war. But I think the Luchesses kind of gave up on that in recent years. Also, the Columbos had a made man operating parrallel but apparently not with the Patriarcas very recently.

Re: boston [Re: NickyEyes1] #725395
07/10/13 03:36 PM
07/10/13 03:36 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

They really don't have a formal affiliation with any of the NY families in particular. But there is contact and an ad-hoc working relationships at times. One Patriarca member, Chippy Scivola, was involved in a strip club shakedown with the Gambinos. And Anthony DiNunzio had contact with Stefanelli. The Patriarcas also warned some Genovese guys about shaking down another strip club, since the owner was suspected to be soft and easy to flip.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725545
07/11/13 09:42 AM
07/11/13 09:42 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
I bought "Rogue Mobster" and started reading it last night. I'm about half through it and I can confirm that this kid is full of SHIT! He claims Bulger grabbed him and beat him in a basement because he was pushing coke in Southie. He says Bulger tells him never to show his face again. That story sounded great before the trial but we now know that the legend of Bulger kicking drugs out of Southie was a lie. He shook them all down and was the biggest drug pusher of them all. So that tells me that that story is bullshit. My bullshit meter also pegged when he claims that he blew off a meeting with Spucky Spagnolo after Spucky told people he wanted to work with Mark because "he was the only kid in the north end with balls". I'm not a name dropper but I know the parties involved here and I can tell you this NEVER happened. Furthermore, Spucky has balls bigger than batman and he would never heap those praises on a punk kid from Medford. However, if you still believe this part of the story the next tid bit should convince you he's a liar. If he ever blew off Spucky he would never show his face again. You don't get more old school than Spuck. He's been around since the beginning and when a guy like that calls, first of all, no one knows about it except you and him and second of all, you don't blow him off.

There is so much more that is bullshit but I don't have the time to type it all out. Let me just say that I have checked with a few people I know who he spoke directly about in the book and none of them ever remember even meeting this kid. He was probably some groupie hanger on who wrote a book based on stories he heard or things he saw and then embellished the shit out of it.

Last edited by Little_Frankie; 07/11/13 10:56 AM.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725551
07/11/13 10:30 AM
07/11/13 10:30 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Like I said, I enjoyed reading the book because I also know a two or three guys in there, and that was pretty cool I thought. Everything thing you've said about Spucky is the same I've always heard about him too. Not doubt this Silverman is simply a liar. I told you how Anthony and a couple other Medford/Somerville guys shot his credibility down long before the book was even released, but I still looked forward to reading it because of the names I expected to see in it. Honestly, if someone who doesn't know better were to read the book I don't think they'd hate it. That's my unbiased opinion. Of course except for him claiming to have gotten made by Sonny Rizzo, haha! So yeah, for a guy from around Boston who knows the truth behind Silverman's lies it's natural to call bullshit immediately and rightfully so too. But like I said if some kid from east buttfuck Wyoming read the book he'd probably like it get what i'm saying

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725553
07/11/13 10:38 AM
07/11/13 10:38 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
I'll admit though, other than a good handful of his claims that I flat out knew were bullshit, there were other things I didn't bother to look into and didn't even wonder if it was true or not.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725559
07/11/13 11:00 AM
07/11/13 11:00 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
I guess it would be a good read for shear entertainment but I like to read books to learn the history and the facts.

I haven't read the part about who made him yet but are you saying he claims Sonny Boy made him? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sonny Boy is another one of the old school guys. There is no way he would even speak to this kid let alone make him. Besides, around the time this was written wasn't Sonny Boy in jail with Q-Ball and JR already? Maybe I have my dates mixed up but it doesn't matter. It's all bullshit anyway.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725569
07/11/13 11:17 AM
07/11/13 11:17 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Here are a few other facts. He had a lot of the names wrong. Gary Macarelli was actually Gary MaRcarelli and he was killed at his friends house, not his own. "Sonny" Rizzo was "Sonny Boy". Absolutely no one called him Sonny. Anthony Barry likely never worked for Vinny A (although I don't know for certain) because the mafia knew AB by reputation only and they all thought he was a bad kid and someone who brought too much attention (this I do know although maybe VA disregarded this message). The higher ups knew better than to associate with him and the low level guys at the time were warned.

Here is more circumstantial evidence that I am right about the mafia having nothing to do with AB. This is the story behing the GM murder. GM was moving coke in Medford and refused to pay rent. GM thought he could get away without paying rent because he hung around Ciampi's social club with Romano and those guys and thought he was valuable to them and above paying some independant coke dealer in Medford. When GM failed his attempt on AB, he went right to Bennington st in a panic asking them to smooth it over and protect him. They were pissed off that he made a stupid move and basically said he was warned to stay away from that shit and he was on his own. He went into hiding for a few weeks until he was set up by his friends. They invited him to Medford to watch the Pats game. They were told to keep him there until the sun went down. "Somehow" when he went to leave before day break, his keys were missing but they mysteriously turned up right around sunset. He walked out of the house and stepped into an ambush.

Re: boston [Re: Little_Frankie] #725595
07/11/13 12:30 PM
07/11/13 12:30 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
Here are a few other facts. He had a lot of the names wrong. Gary Macarelli was actually Gary MaRcarelli and he was killed at his friends house, not his own. "Sonny" Rizzo was "Sonny Boy". Absolutely no one called him Sonny. Anthony Barry likely never worked for Vinny A (although I don't know for certain) because the mafia knew AB by reputation only and they all thought he was a bad kid and someone who brought too much attention (this I do know although maybe VA disregarded this message). The higher ups knew better than to associate with him and the low level guys at the time were warned.

Here is more circumstantial evidence that I am right about the mafia having nothing to do with AB. This is the story behing the GM murder. GM was moving coke in Medford and refused to pay rent. GM thought he could get away without paying rent because he hung around Ciampi's social club with Romano and those guys and thought he was valuable to them and above paying some independant coke dealer in Medford. When GM failed his attempt on AB, he went right to Bennington st in a panic asking them to smooth it over and protect him. They were pissed off that he made a stupid move and basically said he was warned to stay away from that shit and he was on his own. He went into hiding for a few weeks until he was set up by his friends. They invited him to Medford to watch the Pats game. They were told to keep him there until the sun went down. "Somehow" when he went to leave before day break, his keys were missing but they mysteriously turned up right around sunset. He walked out of the house and stepped into an ambush.

Wow, that's some seriously brutal sh$t. With friends like those....

I think GM's cousin posted on this site within the last year or so.

Re: boston [Re: mike68] #725606
07/11/13 01:25 PM
07/11/13 01:25 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Originally Posted By: mike68
Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie

Wow, that's some seriously brutal sh$t. With friends like those....

I think GM's cousin posted on this site within the last year or so.

I should add that the part about his friends setting him up was something I heard on the streets shortly after it went down. I don't want to accuse somebody of something that has never been proven but a few guys who hung around AB at the time made it a point to say that people were so scared of AB and his gang that they set up their best friend just to be left alone. My guess is we'll never know.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725627
07/11/13 03:35 PM
07/11/13 03:35 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Back to the book for a minute.....
"I got involved in some low level scams to keep the eyes of the law on me and not where the real action was. I took a few pinches to keep the heat off other areas"

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright! Sure ya did.

He also says that in January of 95 "Saleme loyalist John Martorano was indicted along with Bulger, Kaufman........". While its true he was arrested in 95, he was actually indicted in 79 I believe and he was no Saleme loyalist. In fact, he was on the lam in FL under a different name. No one even knew where he was except a couple of guys and by JMs own admission, he only talked directly to "the Hill" maybe twice in 15 years.

He also says in the next chapter that Saleme Jr died from lymphoma. If he was as close to him as he states, he would know it wasn't lymphoma. Hell, I wasn't even that close to him and even I know how he really died.

Someone definitely cut the "fact check" budget on this project.

Last edited by Little_Frankie; 07/11/13 03:44 PM.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725697
07/11/13 07:50 PM
07/11/13 07:50 PM
New Hampshire
caprese Offline
Button
caprese  Offline
Button
New Hampshire
Little_Frankie,

Not to sound like a broken record here, but what are your thoughts on Paul Decologero. I grew up in the burbs and worked out at his gym and there seemed to be some serious activity going on there.

Re: boston [Re: caprese] #725711
07/11/13 08:50 PM
07/11/13 08:50 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Originally Posted By: caprese
Little_Frankie,

Not to sound like a broken record here, but what are your thoughts on Paul Decologero. I grew up in the burbs and worked out at his gym and there seemed to be some serious activity going on there.

First let me say that I didn't know him or anyone around him. everything I know I heard from guys who did know him. He had his own crew of drug pushers and thieves. They went around the north shore robbing every drug dealer and intimidating them all. It probably looked like a mafia crew because that's how he had it set up but i assure you he wasn't made and they didn't engage in any other LCN activities, just drugs. I do believe he had a connection to the renegade faction but that doesn't mean shit. They were mostly disguising their shakedown as friendship because he had a revenue stream and they needed it. When Bobby "Russo" and Vinny Ferrara went away there were no more "made guys" in the renegade crew. The only renegade members left were drug addicts like Gigi and Ponzo which was probably his connection.........drugs. That's as close as he got to in town and that's not that close. He was surrounded by little wannabe gangsters with their mafia starter kit gold chains and wife beater t shirts so I'm sure he looked legit from the outside but from what I was always told, he was nothing more than a drug dealer with money and a supply chain.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725717
07/11/13 09:12 PM
07/11/13 09:12 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Since I'm on a tear about this book, do you mind if I continue since I'm reading more of it as we speak?

He mentions that he goes to see Robert Luisi at his restaurant and Carmen Dinunzio is behind the counter cooking. He says Carmen comes out, offers him a table and some food. Then he says that Robert will be right out to see him.

I have a few issues with this story. first, Luisi was never a made guy in NE. In fact, he was in jail when his father, brother, cousin and friend got shot up at the 99. As soon as he got out he ran to Philly and bought a button with Merlino but still operated up here some so if he was up here and meeting with Mark, I can't imagine Carmen being there.

Second, even if I'm wrong about Carmen and he was there, there is NO WAY he was serving this punk dinner and kissing his ass. Carmen is an absolute gentleman but the way he wrote that entire story was like Carmen was kissing his ass and his only job was Luisis little errand boy. It's been a long long time since Carmen was an errand boy for anyone.

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725774
07/12/13 12:34 AM
07/12/13 12:34 AM
S
SonnyF Offline
Associate
SonnyF  Offline
S
Associate
Hey guys,

First time poster here. I moved to Boston about 3 years ago from another city on the East Coast that doesn't have a strong mob presence and never has. Found out after some prying and convincing some of the older members of my family that I'm possibly related to a higher ranking guy here in town. I don't know if I feel totally comfortable getting into names, but if anyone is willing to answer some questions for me via private messages or email, I'd love to pick your brain. BoneForTuna0@gmail.com

Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725788
07/12/13 01:10 AM
07/12/13 01:10 AM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Ok, I'm done with the book. My honest assessment is that 65% of it is complete and utter fabricated bullshit that just never happened, 20% is shit that is based loosely on actual events but embellished beyond reason and 15% of it is close enough to where I would call it accurate.

Last edited by Little_Frankie; 07/12/13 01:12 AM.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725866
07/12/13 10:38 AM
07/12/13 10:38 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Yeah I laughed too at the part when he said he "took few pinches to keep the heat off the real rackets" haha! who the fuck would....anyways...notice how when he's talking about the "big carrot" scam and whatnot that he says he always stayed away from shit like that and told his 'crew' to do the same. Yet practically in the same breath he's saying how he was doing some of those scams and 'took a pinch here and there' to keep attention off his other 'real' money maker rackets. Fuckin kid. Whatever.

Last edited by southend; 07/12/13 10:40 AM.
Re: boston [Re: meffaboston] #725871
07/12/13 10:43 AM
07/12/13 10:43 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Little_Frankie do you know anything about some other guys mentioned like Bobby Rennell, Eddie Insogna. Also he claims to have taken a guy name George Mortimer into his crew as a favor to Beav. You know anything about those guys? Another guy is Brian Porreca who Silverman says was a suspect in several Medford-area murders, was he a serious guy like that?

Last edited by southend; 07/12/13 10:44 AM.
Page 40 of 50 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 49 50

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull