GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 53 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,731
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: jonnynonos] #723650
07/01/13 06:47 PM
07/01/13 06:47 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
jonnynonos, Check your PM'S.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #723652
07/01/13 07:21 PM
07/01/13 07:21 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
The outfit are so weak right now. Can't see them surviving all that long.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: TommyGambino] #723653
07/01/13 07:29 PM
07/01/13 07:29 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
They'll hang in there for longer than you think, but you're right about one thing: The once very Proud Outfit is only a shadow of itself. DiFronzo has hurt the Outfit from progessing. In New York, DiFronzo would have been killed a long time ago.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Chicago] #723656
07/01/13 07:43 PM
07/01/13 07:43 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Chicago
In New York, DiFronzo would have been killed a long time ago.

What do you mean?

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Ivan] #723657
07/01/13 07:56 PM
07/01/13 07:56 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Hi Ivan, Sorry, I should have been more clear. Hypothetically, If DiFronzo had been one of the Bosses of one of the New York 5 families, He probably would have been killed a long time ago because of his retreatment and attitude.

Last edited by Chicago; 07/02/13 12:10 AM.
Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Chicago] #723685
07/01/13 11:16 PM
07/01/13 11:16 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Thanks Cheech. Jonnynonos & I have the right idea about the Outfit in 2013.
I can make a good argument either way about Johnny DiFronzo being a dry snitch. I am going to ask my father's former crimimal attorney's office a legal question.
The question is this: If the Government had indicted DiFronzo in the Family Secrets Case and he had been found 'not guilty', could the Government try him again concerning the same thing or would that constitute Double Jeopardy?

Not specifically for taking part in the Spilotro brothers murder but they could have potentially tried him again for conspiring to murder the Spilotros. IIRC, Joe Massino's lawyers argued the same thing after he beat the initial conspiracy rap in the three capos murder before being tried again for the actual murder later on - which he would be found guilty of. Conceivably, the same could have been done for DiFronzo had he been acquitted in the Family Secrets trial.

The main difference between the two was that substantial evidence surfaced in the nearly twenty years between Massino's two trials while we know about as much as we are probably going to know about the Spilotros' demise.

Last edited by Snakes; 07/01/13 11:19 PM.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Snakes] #723688
07/02/13 12:21 AM
07/02/13 12:21 AM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Snakes, Good info. So, what you're tellimg me is that DiFronzo could have been tried in the Family Secrets Case for taking part in the Spilotro Brothers Murder in 1986, and if he was acquitted, They could try him again for the same thing if more evidence was found at a later time for Conspiracy to murder. Am I correct?

If so, that strengthens the belief that DiFronzo and the Feds have reached some kind of understanding. Maybe He agreed to retreat with his men and that was it. Maybe there's a little more to it? Very interesting.

So, the bottom line is that the Feds really HAD NOTHING TO LOSE by indicting DiFronzo. Am I Correct in understanding your posting? What is the source of your Legal information if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Chicago; 07/02/13 12:22 AM.
Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Chicago] #723711
07/02/13 05:45 AM
07/02/13 05:45 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
DiFronzo had nothing to do with Zizzo disappearing. Zizzo belonged to the Cicero Crew. There was an internal dispute within the Southern Outfit Blue Collar group over Poker Machines. I seriously doubt he knew about it. Noone would have had the nerve to try and tell him in advance. Besides, since he retreated, he would have nothing to do with it nor would he care about it.

i'm sure they brought it to his attention and he didn't care

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Chicago] #723721
07/02/13 07:17 AM
07/02/13 07:17 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Snakes, Good info. So, what you're tellimg me is that DiFronzo could have been tried in the Family Secrets Case for taking part in the Spilotro Brothers Murder in 1986, and if he was acquitted, They could try him again for the same thing if more evidence was found at a later time for Conspiracy to murder. Am I correct?

If so, that strengthens the belief that DiFronzo and the Feds have reached some kind of understanding. Maybe He agreed to retreat with his men and that was it. Maybe there's a little more to it? Very interesting.

So, the bottom line is that the Feds really HAD NOTHING TO LOSE by indicting DiFronzo. Am I Correct in understanding your posting? What is the source of your Legal information if you don't mind me asking?

Well, Joe Massino was basically tried twice for the three capos murder: The first time for conspiracy to murder (which he beat) and the second time for the actual murder (which he was found guilty of). I don't have any legal proof other than the two trials, but here is a link to an article on Tommy Shots Gioeli which essentially deals with the same thing:

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_o...deral-cour.html

In his particular case, it involves murder charges being brought up in federal racketeering charges after he had already been tried (and acquitted) in state court for the same murders.

What you say about DiFronzo could have happened, although opposite from what Massino experienced. Perhaps a jury wouldn't have found enough evidence to convict him for participating in the actual murders but a case could still have been potentially made for him participating in a conspiracy to murder Tony and Michael.

Last edited by Snakes; 07/02/13 07:20 AM.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #724940
07/08/13 09:35 PM
07/08/13 09:35 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Do you Chicago posters know if this guy Coconate knows what he's talking about? I know nothing about him or the website but i saw this today and he seems to think the Outfit is thriving.

http://americannewspost.com/frank-coconate/6961/judge-bob-bastone-is-the-chicago-outfit-dead/

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Giancarlo] #724943
07/08/13 10:25 PM
07/08/13 10:25 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
The fact that Coconate is with Fosco means lack of credibility because he has a MOTIVE. His motive is to try and involve DiFronzo into something he really isn't involved.

When he says Difronzo is a silent partner in a Company that gets big contracts with the McCormick Place, THAT IS TRUE.

DiFronzo has nothing to do with the street rackets, so he really is not the leader of the Outfit, or what's left of it.

Joe Fosco himself has contradicted himself many times by saying DiFronzo is really not involved anymore and then saying DiFronzo is the strong leader of the Outfit.

Mike Magnafichi is a repetitive shop lifter.

The three of those guys are like the three stooges talking to themselves thinking someone is really listening. Noone comments on the blog.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #724947
07/08/13 10:55 PM
07/08/13 10:55 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
I guess this question is directed at Chicago, but ill leave it open ended...

What i wanna know is how great is the actual presence of cosa nostra in chicago? By reading the Boston thread i can tell its very similar to how nj/ny is. What i mean is that lcn has influence basically in almost every aspect of the neighborhood. In any age, any business, legal or illegal, except big corporate or white collar biz. Drugs, sports, shy, machines, teasrer cards, burglars, local biz, retail, garbage, trucking, construction, unions, etc... There is a pecking order. In chicago is a connected guy more or less given the same respect he would recieve in ny? Im not saying every mob guy is equal, far from it. But say in a neighborhood like belleville or bayonne or bensonhurst being straightened out goes pretty far. So does being on the record to an extent. The levels of influence vary, but its repetitive after seeing it for so long. Say joe associate has four sons. One got a job at landscaper and wont be fired bc his boss doesnt want to piss off his dad, who now owes him a favor for putting his son to work. Son two is a junkie thief who robs cars who for his parole obligations recieved membership in the ila local xxx for 5k from his father, and in 5-10 yrs will most likely be elavated to shop steward or timekeeper. Son 3 is a bartender at the neighborhood bar and a degenerate gambler who got into jack the bookie for 100k but his father stepped in for him and the debt was reduced to 75-no vig and is able to work it off by being an agent for jack. Son four starts a vending machine company. He wants to get a stop at a local warehouse that nets 1000 a week. His father goes to his boss and his boss sends 3-4 young kids (just like joe's sons...) to tell the other vending co owner to take his machines out. Son 4 has his stop, and passes up 250 a week as a thank you. What im trying to say here is in certain nhoods you would be hard pressed to find a white person that doesnt know a connected guy. It is much less in the suburbs, but in the main neighborhoods, that kindof stature still exists and is respected. Dont know how it is in chicago, i know they are all part of the same organization, lcnj. Or is it more spread out of an organization where you dont really have that neighborhood presence anymore?

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #724948
07/08/13 11:00 PM
07/08/13 11:00 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss

Thanks Chicago. Like i said i really don't know too much about the current Chicago Outfit or these writers.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: NickyEyes1] #724965
07/09/13 01:19 AM
07/09/13 01:19 AM
Florida these days
Logomassini Offline
Made Member
Logomassini  Offline
Made Member
Florida these days
The Rockford faction is very fascinating. Theirs not a whole lot of information about them online but I was lucky to who have grown up with the children of alot of the key players their. The Saladino's, Tiger Frisella, Galluzzo's and Fiorenzas. The boss up until 2005 was Frank "Goomba" Saladino. He was 1 of the 18 guys indicted in The Family Secrets Trial but never made it to trial because he decided to run and was found dead in Motel in Southern Illinois of an "apparent heart attack". He weighed atleast 400 lbs and was a very scary man. I played bocci ball with his son and grandsons at The St. Ambrosia Italian Club in Rockford. The man in charge now their is John "Tiger" Frisella who is one cool ass dude. My Dad used to own a warehouse in South Rockford where guys paid a monthly fee to park their tractor trailers. Tiger Frisella grew up with my Mom and was a friend of my Dad. He used the warehouse to store his video poker machines and crap tables in back storage room. Until it was time to put them in a safe spot to be used lol.

The Rockford Family is no longer the family it was in the 60's, it's more of a crew/faction now that obviously kicks up to Chicago. John DiFronzo is close friends with the Galluzzo brothers who are very old, like 80 years old + and he would come to the Fish Fry everyone in awhile at St. Ambrosia's Catholic Church. Ill never forget the night my close friend Nick Ciaccio pointed DiFronzo out to me and said "That guy right their they call No Nose and he's a very important person in The Outfit". I didn't think he was all that big cause frankly I hadn't heard much about him and at that time I had learned and been told alot about The Outfit. Well, as it turns out he apparently is The Big Skip now. Well, it's either him or Andriarcchi. I'm pretty sure from what I've heard though, it's DiFronzo who's on top now.

Anyways, I just felt like throwing some Rockford info out their cause I saw your mention of Rockford in your post. I also encourage you if you haven't already to read a book called The Pizza Connection. I just finished reading it and its an unbelievable read.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Skinny] #724971
07/09/13 01:48 AM
07/09/13 01:48 AM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Skinny,
There is a Cosa Nostra presence in Chicago in certain neighborhoods, just not as much as before. 26th street area has the exact presence you're talking about with things being interconnected through somebody. Another area like that is Melrose Park, same thing. There's still some of that neighborhood connection around Grand Ave area, but not as much as Melrose Park or 26th street area neighborhoods.
Elmwood Park is different. There is that feeling of things being interconnected somehow to organized Crime, but it's more on a higher white collar level. The other three areas still have a more blue collar interconnected level in the neighborhood.
Again, I know this upsets a couple of other posters who want Chicago to be like it was in 1977, but as a whole, the Outfit is only a shadow of what it once was in this City. I WISH the Outfit was like it used to be in the old days when my father was alive and belonged to Taylor St. Sadly, it isn't. Why pretend anything else? the facts speak for themselves.
Everything in this Country has degenerated from 35 to 40 years ago. the only thing that has improved is technology. Nothing else has improved. Every time I turn on the radio, it reminds me of it when I listen to all the modern shit music that no one will remember 6 months from now. Why would the Oufit be any different? The Outfit has degenerated right along with America.
The Outfit in 2013 is like a football team that has the second string on the field trying to learn more about the offense because the star Quarterback and a couple other key players quit.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725052
07/09/13 11:42 AM
07/09/13 11:42 AM
Chicago, Il.
12thStreet Offline
Made Member
12thStreet  Offline
Made Member
Chicago, Il.
Chicago, I would throw Cicero and Berwyn in with those other neighborhoods as well. Although NOTHING like it was 30 years ago. A few weeks ago some gangbanger walked into Albano's Pizzeria in Cicero and robbed the owner -- a Sicilian immigrant-- and then shot him dead in front of his wife. CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED 25 YEARS AGO IF THAT HAD HAPPENED??? In many ways the saddest thing about today's Outfit is how it has foresaken many of its old neighborhoods-with Bridgeport likely the sole exception. Elmwood Park indeed still has an Outfit feel to it, but it seems more like a town in transition and that "feel" is in the minds of those who remember its glory days and think it's still 1980 or so.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725079
07/09/13 01:33 PM
07/09/13 01:33 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Chicago,

Do you know which building on Taylor Marco's Survivor's Club was at?

I know the corner, just can't figure out which building it was. (NE, SW, SE, NW, etc.)

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: jonnynonos] #725208
07/09/13 10:10 PM
07/09/13 10:10 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
jonnynonos, I don't remember exactly which building. However, there was talk on that stupid American New Post that Marco was not a made guy! LOL.

It's true that Cerone held Marco down. However, when Cerone went to jail, DiFronzo made Marco. How can you tell?

In or around 1986, Marco moved his headquarters from Taylor St. to Elmwood Park. That was the signal to everyone that Marco now belonged to Johnny DiFronzo. I couldn't tell you when they had a ceremony or who was present. It could have only been Carlisi, DiFronzo and Marco. Marco was made into Elmwood Park.

Why, someone foolish enough might ask? Because DiFronzo said so, that's why.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725343
07/10/13 11:30 AM
07/10/13 11:30 AM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Chicago,

I remember Joe Fosco always saying that Marco wasn't made.

I obviously have no way of knowing, but if Marco isn't made, who *would* be made?

Did you read Bob Cooley's book? It's a pretty good read. Joe Fosco absolutely loathes Cooley. Yeah, he was a 'rat' I guess, but as far as his book being true, a lot of it came off of wires, so I think it's pretty credible. Anyway, Marco is one of the big characters in that.

If you watch that Chuck Goudie video from a few years ago when he confronts DiFronzo at the Loon, Marco is on the video.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725375
07/10/13 01:40 PM
07/10/13 01:40 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
In that video it showed John, Peter, and Joe DiFronzo along with Marco. But there were like 5 other guys there that they did not say the names of. Would've been interesting to know who they were.

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 07/10/13 01:40 PM.
Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: NickyEyes1] #725383
07/10/13 02:49 PM
07/10/13 02:49 PM
R
renokid Offline
Associate
renokid  Offline
R
Associate
Jimmy Cerami,who has passed was at the table as well as Dom Gambino who owns Tony's finer foods.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725385
07/10/13 03:03 PM
07/10/13 03:03 PM
J
jonnynonos Offline
Underboss
jonnynonos  Offline
J
Underboss
Interesting renokid!

I have heard that question asked several times, but never before got an answer.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725550
07/11/13 10:25 AM
07/11/13 10:25 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Its strange, why when chicago pops up elmwood parker disappears??? Hmmmmmm

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725554
07/11/13 10:41 AM
07/11/13 10:41 AM
Chicago, Il.
12thStreet Offline
Made Member
12thStreet  Offline
Made Member
Chicago, Il.
Chicago, you do see as next generation of guys in the Elmwood Park/Grand Ave. Crews nowadays under the DiFronzos, D'Amico and Andriacchi,etc. Do you feel they are eager to partner with Cicero again on the street stuff or that they will continue with what Johnny has put in place. @Nicky Eyes, another guy at The Loon that day is a guy named Bill DeCanio. He is a legit guy but does have political connections. That "meeting" was simply a bunch of guys having lunch. NO WAY DiFronzo would meet in public and discuss Outfit business in some bar/restaurant. He hasn't lasted this long for no reason whether he is a dry snitch or not...

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725555
07/11/13 10:42 AM
07/11/13 10:42 AM
Chicago, Il.
12thStreet Offline
Made Member
12thStreet  Offline
Made Member
Chicago, Il.
***WHO do you see as the next generation of guys, rather, Chicago..

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725576
07/11/13 11:38 AM
07/11/13 11:38 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@12th street

did any of the original 12th street players join the syndicate?

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725583
07/11/13 11:51 AM
07/11/13 11:51 AM
Chicago, Il.
12thStreet Offline
Made Member
12thStreet  Offline
Made Member
Chicago, Il.
As associates??? Am sure there are several, As actual "made" guys?? Not to my knowledge as of yet. I was never a 12th St Player or in any gang, just grew up in the area in the 80's and knew many of them. The Players and the Park Boys were predominantly Italians back then.

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: 12thStreet] #725587
07/11/13 12:03 PM
07/11/13 12:03 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
As associates??? Am sure there are several, As actual "made" guys?? Not to my knowledge as of yet. I was never a 12th St Player or in any gang, just grew up in the area in the 80's and knew many of them. The Players and the Park Boys were predominantly Italians back then.

does any part of cicero have Italians or has it all changed?

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: cookcounty] #725591
07/11/13 12:19 PM
07/11/13 12:19 PM
Chicago, Il.
12thStreet Offline
Made Member
12thStreet  Offline
Made Member
Chicago, Il.
There are some Italians left. Most are older people-their houses are paid off and their kids have grown up and moved away, etc. It has COMPLETELY changed in the last 25 years, absolutely. Many more Italians left in Berwyn, though

Re: State of the Chicago Outfit [Re: Mmalioni] #725592
07/11/13 12:23 PM
07/11/13 12:23 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Cicero is pretty much completely Mexican now and I looked up the exact percentages of the town and it said Cicero was only 3% Italian. Sad because at one time it was majority Italian there. But many of the politicians there are still Italian, including the mayor.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull