GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 548 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,113
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,383
Posts1,059,716
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Basciano book [Re: DiLorenzo] #724229
07/04/13 10:59 PM
07/04/13 10:59 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo
Thought you would have come in earlier when i was being called names but you didn't.

It's virtually impossible to read every post in every thread. Sometimes the only way I know there is "trouble" in a particular thread is if someone "Notifies" a moderator (as was done in this case).

I'm just trying to nip this in the bud before it explodes.

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724231
07/04/13 11:04 PM
07/04/13 11:04 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
No problem my friend..I know you're only doing what you're supposed too !! cool

Re: New Basciano book [Re: DiLorenzo] #724261
07/05/13 08:38 AM
07/05/13 08:38 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo
Originally Posted By: cheech
To clarify the foreigner thing was said in jest. I have no beef with anyone. My main point is simple. We are all here because we have some sort of interest in organized crime. Ask yourself this. Would you rather read about Basciano on Wikipedia or from yankees127 who knows first hand. All I'm saying. You don't have to agree with her or anyone else but be respectful

Peace tonyboy. Hope all is well with you and happy 4th

Respect
I know our other friend is from australia but I'm from jersey..Would i rather read about basciano from wikipedia or 127 ?? Well I know wikipedia doesn't have a biased opinion, so i'd rather read wikipedia...As far as respect goes, does that go both ways or are you just trying to get on the good side of a female poster ?? Because neither our australian friend or I disrespected her..and she was the only one name calling and trying to get personal..not sure what you reading !!

all good, agree to disagree

enjoy your day

When Interpol?
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724282
07/05/13 12:08 PM
07/05/13 12:08 PM
Y
yankees127 Offline
Button
yankees127  Offline
Y
Button
Yes exactly welcome to the thread you should have spoken over 6 posts ago when I told him to read your message to the boards. Its obvious he has issues. He just doesn't see the person he is , and to me he is one of those people that never does anything it always the other person. Your not 15 but you sure act it. And you certainly are no gentleman !!!
To any posters that are interested.
I have been only on this Board when it concerns Basciano. Only because I know him for the past 30 years. I am very close to him and his wife. I come here to post the truth !!!!!!!
I have seen new posters come on this board and ask a simple question because they are interested in knowing about a person they would like to know more about. Right away they are hammered by these bashers because to them they will think you asked a stupid question but its not to the person asking. These new posters are innocent to certain subjects so give them a chance. I think you should just kindly respond to the person and answer the question with respect. And don't bash me for saying that because I have seen it many times happen on here.
We all know what this site is about thats why its a Mafia forum . Yes these men are noted for being killers and whatever else you feel. WE KNOW THAT! You don't have to keep bringing it up after a poster is explaining something else about them. If you bring in something of substance on the person right away "Oh he is a murderer , its blood money ... we know that !!It still doesn't take away the good they may have done.
So if posters are interested in knowing something more then who they wacked and someone can honestly answer the question with truth you don't need to come on and bash the person that is answering the question. I look for the good in people, so if I see good and truth in what I say about Basciano give me the chance to express my feelings and maybe answer someone who wanted to know more about him. Don't jump down my throat right away. Also there is no need to make a statement about getting on the good side of the female poster. Female or male what is the difference if the person knows what they are talking about? That was another unnecessary statement. Maybe the person that may happen to agree with me appreciates my answers. That is his choice . Also some people may be more interested in finding the facts out first hand from a person that knows instead of mostly false information in books. Again their choice. From what I have learned about this site is that most of you just want to see the evil in people so if the subject is good it disturbs you. Well too bad ! There is good in people no matter what they do or are noted for. I don't think I am smarter or wiser then any of you on here , many of you know much more then I do but all I am stating that if its about Basciano I think I may know a little more then most of you on certain subjects. I only acknowledge something if I know it is not the truth and I would like to correct it. No more no less. If your site is only going to be one sided then I shouldn't really waste my time or information its fine by me.

Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724295
07/05/13 12:44 PM
07/05/13 12:44 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
yankees127 -

Your purpose here is all well and good except if you're going to take on a member with whom you disagree and make personal statements against. You have the right to defend your position and beliefs but doing so with flaming remarks is not allowed.

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724306
07/05/13 01:03 PM
07/05/13 01:03 PM
Y
yankees127 Offline
Button
yankees127  Offline
Y
Button
This will be my last post
I respect you and what you are saying. That is all good !
In fairness to me "What flaming remarks did I make to him?"
If you go and review my post and his you won't see anything out of the way I said to him that he didn't say to me. If he wants to be a cry baby about me saying he is pathetic well it seems he can dish it out but he can't take it then too bad. I can say the same about him that he is saying about me. I am not a tootsa and I certainly didn't start shit here as he claimed. It seems to me when someone is getting the best of him he doesn't like it.I feel I did nothing out of the way here and I certainly didn't make flaming remarks. It is apparent also that when you do defend your position its not welcome.... so be it.

Last edited by yankees127; 07/05/13 01:06 PM.
Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724309
07/05/13 01:09 PM
07/05/13 01:09 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: yankees127

In fairness to me "What flaming remarks did I make to him?"

Dilorenzo you are just pathetic !!!!! How sad you are !!! I shouldn't waste my time justifying your idiotic outbursts !!! ..... Your just a hater without a life !!! Normal people can get there point across without anger obviously you are not normal !!!Yea I'm calling you a fool because thats how you present your arguments just like one.

I'd say the quoted items in italics count as flaming remarks.

I don't care who started it. It ends now. Hopefully by your choice, but it will be my choice if necessary.

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724312
07/05/13 01:15 PM
07/05/13 01:15 PM
Y
yankees127 Offline
Button
yankees127  Offline
Y
Button
I don't find them as flaming remarks not in the least

Also it won't be your choice at anytime.. IT WILL BE MY CHOICE TO END IT NOW AND i AM DOING SO !!!

I have no use for this site anymore

Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724317
07/05/13 01:20 PM
07/05/13 01:20 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Buh bye!!

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724319
07/05/13 01:27 PM
07/05/13 01:27 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
nothing more fucking pathetic than people announcing they are leaving an anonymous message board, except for when they come back! cry

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724320
07/05/13 01:28 PM
07/05/13 01:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I am sure Pizzaboy will agree being he comes from the same neighborhood.

I've posted about the duality of Vinny's nature several times in the past, both here and on the other boards. To be honest, a lot of mob guys have that very same dual nature. No one is all good or all bad. I'm sure that even Hitler smiled at a cute baby every now and then.

I lived in close proximity to Vinny and his family for many years. Many people here know that, a couple of you have even been to my home. The Bascianos lived on Revere and Schurz for many years. We live on the water as well. And yes, Vinny is a very charming and likeable guy, especially for a guy so deeply enmeshed in that life. And it's true that he always had a soft spot for the people in this neighborhood (which I always found a bit weird because he grew up in Yonkers, but that's neither here nor there).

But that certainly doesn't excuse him from his crimes. No one is saying that. You kill people, you go to jail, no matter what your reason was. So yes, he belongs in prison, but he doesn't belong in the terrorist wing with the Taliban. He ain't Osama bin Laden, and he ain't all bad.

As far as him hurting "innocent" people, that's not for me to say. I'm sure some would disagree. But if you're dumb enough top get wrapped up in that life, and you fuck up, then it's on you.

I haven't picked up the book yet. I'll probably be over in Co-Op City tomorrow to do some shopping, so I'll probably stop by the Barnes and Noble to pick it up. I'll post a review when I'm finished reading it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724323
07/05/13 01:42 PM
07/05/13 01:42 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
I completly agree with everything your saying 100 percent i just thought i should point out that isnt the only reason he is in that wing is because he was plotting to kill the da right? Which is against the one rule the american mob actualy follows that you dont kill law enforcement, so in my opinion he brought that on himself.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Dellacroce] #724325
07/05/13 01:50 PM
07/05/13 01:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
I completly agree with everything your saying 100 percent i just thought i should point out that isnt the only reason he is in that wing is because he was plotting to kill the da right? Which is against the one rule the american mob actualy follows that you dont kill law enforcement, so in my opinion he brought that on himself.

Absolutely. The supposed hit on the DA is what sealed his fate, and if it's true he has no one to blame but himself.

He's never getting out of prison. His appeals are a pipe dream. But for his family's sake, I hope he gets out of SuperMax some day.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724327
07/05/13 01:55 PM
07/05/13 01:55 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Yes for his family i agree.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: New Basciano book [Re: pizzaboy] #724438
07/06/13 09:53 AM
07/06/13 09:53 AM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I am sure Pizzaboy will agree being he comes from the same neighborhood.

I've posted about the duality of Vinny's nature several times in the past, both here and on the other boards. To be honest, a lot of mob guys have that very same dual nature. No one is all good or all bad. I'm sure that even Hitler smiled at a cute baby every now and then.

I lived in close proximity to Vinny and his family for many years. Many people here know that, a couple of you have even been to my home. The Bascianos lived on Revere and Schurz for many years. We live on the water as well. And yes, Vinny is a very charming and likeable guy, especially for a guy so deeply enmeshed in that life. And it's true that he always had a soft spot for the people in this neighborhood (which I always found a bit weird because he grew up in Yonkers, but that's neither here nor there).

But that certainly doesn't excuse him from his crimes. No one is saying that. You kill people, you go to jail, no matter what your reason was. So yes, he belongs in prison, but he doesn't belong in the terrorist wing with the Taliban. He ain't Osama bin Laden, and he ain't all bad.

As far as him hurting "innocent" people, that's not for me to say. I'm sure some would disagree. But if you're dumb enough top get wrapped up in that life, and you fuck up, then it's on you.

I haven't picked up the book yet. I'll probably be over in Co-Op City tomorrow to do some shopping, so I'll probably stop by the Barnes and Noble to pick it up. I'll post a review when I'm finished reading it.

I picked up a copy at the store up there as well. Was only 1 copy on shelves when I went.

Re: New Basciano book [Re: cheech] #724582
07/07/13 02:02 AM
07/07/13 02:02 AM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
[quote=DiLorenzo][quote=cheech]

all good, agree to disagree

enjoy your day
You too my friend !!!

Re: New Basciano book [Re: yankees127] #724583
07/07/13 02:14 AM
07/07/13 02:14 AM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Yes exactly welcome to the thread you should have spoken over 6 posts ago when I told him to read your message to the boards. Its obvious he has issues. He just doesn't see the person he is , and to me he is one of those people that never does anything it always the other person. Your not 15 but you sure act it. And you certainly are no gentleman !!!
To any posters that are interested.
I have been only on this Board when it concerns Basciano. Only because I know him for the past 30 years. I am very close to him and his wife. I come here to post the truth !!!!!!!
I have seen new posters come on this board and ask a simple question because they are interested in knowing about a person they would like to know more about. Right away they are hammered by these bashers because to them they will think you asked a stupid question but its not to the person asking. These new posters are innocent to certain subjects so give them a chance. I think you should just kindly respond to the person and answer the question with respect. And don't bash me for saying that because I have seen it many times happen on here.
We all know what this site is about thats why its a Mafia forum . Yes these men are noted for being killers and whatever else you feel. WE KNOW THAT! You don't have to keep bringing it up after a poster is explaining something else about them. If you bring in something of substance on the person right away "Oh he is a murderer , its blood money ... we know that !!It still doesn't take away the good they may have done.
So if posters are interested in knowing something more then who they wacked and someone can honestly answer the question with truth you don't need to come on and bash the person that is answering the question. I look for the good in people, so if I see good and truth in what I say about Basciano give me the chance to express my feelings and maybe answer someone who wanted to know more about him. Don't jump down my throat right away. Also there is no need to make a statement about getting on the good side of the female poster. Female or male what is the difference if the person knows what they are talking about? That was another unnecessary statement. Maybe the person that may happen to agree with me appreciates my answers. That is his choice . Also some people may be more interested in finding the facts out first hand from a person that knows instead of mostly false information in books. Again their choice. From what I have learned about this site is that most of you just want to see the evil in people so if the subject is good it disturbs you. Well too bad ! There is good in people no matter what they do or are noted for. I don't think I am smarter or wiser then any of you on here , many of you know much more then I do but all I am stating that if its about Basciano I think I may know a little more then most of you on certain subjects. I only acknowledge something if I know it is not the truth and I would like to correct it. No more no less. If your site is only going to be one sided then I shouldn't really waste my time or information its fine by me.
I hope i didn't contribute to this girl having a nervous breakdown...I'm sorry if i offended you yankees27...come back to the site and keep posting cool

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724820
07/08/13 09:03 AM
07/08/13 09:03 AM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
just finished the book and what I took from it most is the Bonanno family is a mess...if you ever wanted to be a wiseguy, read this book and its a great deterrent

When Interpol?
Re: New Basciano book [Re: cheech] #724851
07/08/13 11:42 AM
07/08/13 11:42 AM
B
BONANN0 Offline
Wiseguy
BONANN0  Offline
B
Wiseguy
just finished the book and what I took from it most is the Bonanno family is a mess...if you ever wanted to be a wiseguy, read this book and its a great deterrent

"If you ever wanted to be a wiseguy?" What are you implying ?

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724858
07/08/13 12:16 PM
07/08/13 12:16 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
I think all hes saying is its just a good example of all the shit that can happen to you if u live that kinda life.

-Jordan Belfort
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Dellacroce] #724860
07/08/13 12:42 PM
07/08/13 12:42 PM
B
BONANN0 Offline
Wiseguy
BONANN0  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
I think all hes saying is its just a good example of all the shit that can happen to you if u live that kinda life.

Hi
Sorry new here. I see what he mean, but how would he know "the life" has he lived it?

Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724865
07/08/13 01:54 PM
07/08/13 01:54 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
----------

Last edited by cheech; 07/08/13 01:55 PM.

When Interpol?
Re: New Basciano book [Re: Mob_Scribe] #724866
07/08/13 01:55 PM
07/08/13 01:55 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
fkd mwpm

Last edited by cheech; 07/08/13 01:56 PM.

When Interpol?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull