GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, m2w), 97 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,753
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,301
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,527
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,407
Posts1,060,385
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: LittleNicky] #722300
06/25/13 05:34 PM
06/25/13 05:34 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Well they voted for Cafalu, if this article is true they voted for Cali, and they brought John Gambino back into the fold despite being in prison for 15 years, so I think they all fell in line behind the Sicilians. It seems the old Gotti guys also wanted a change in the way the family was run. After guys like Junior Gotti and Jackie D'Amico, I can't blame them. Nick Corozzo was there best guy and he's gone until 2020.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722303
06/25/13 05:41 PM
06/25/13 05:41 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
My personal opinion on this article is he just bought some guy from bensonhurst a few drinks and he said, "Frank Cali will be the next boss".

Ill just make a new comment after i read thru all u guys comments hahah

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: LittleNicky] #722305
06/25/13 06:03 PM
06/25/13 06:03 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
I wonder where the figure "750-member Mafia family" came from. They have about 150 made men, several thousand associates depending on how you define associate.

Why didn't Capeci report this first? My guess it is complete bullshit and/or someone in the gambino family is trying to send out mixed signals on the leadership.

First, the article says "750 members and associates."

Second, in both the 2010 Marino indictment and the 2011 Vernace detention memo, the Gambinos were said to have approximately 200 total members.

By their very nature, associate estimates are range more widely, though the average member-to-associate ratio for the NY families seems to be about 1:5.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722308
06/25/13 06:23 PM
06/25/13 06:23 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Ovation, Jojo corozzo is just as respected as his brother. Maybe you are thinking of Blaise? Nicky is feared, but Jojo is liked. Both are huge money machines and politicians. They were never Gotti guys either. Gotti took Nickys stripes when he got boss and Nicky basically ran his crew anyways. Gotti decided it was impossible to keep a guy as powerful as corozzo down, and gave him back his rank. When gotti went down and he put junior as head of a panel that was basically the end of gottis being in power. The corozzos basically called the shots. A lot of captains still listen to their word. The gotti guys that are left arent gotti guys any more. Damico isnt a captain. Trucchio and Cacciapola both are closer to corozzos, except a few of Tommys guys. Other queens guys (gottis old nhood) are/were corozzo guys. Louis Mastrangelo was JoJos driver and is the only reason hes captain.

Daniel Marino i think of more as being allied with Castellano. Not gotti or gambino. He had the corozzos support to become boss, but he turned it down, so they went to a ruling panel. Only gambino was left so he promoted someone younger to take over for him. When cefalu got picked who was running the family on the street???? you guys still think that cefalu got elected? Its laughable, imagine 20 guys sitting at a big ass table, doing what putting names in a hat? No doubt Cali became under, look who hes so close to.

How is cali lowkey? Look at his fucking house! Low key cause he hasnt been caught? He hasnt done anything. Hes a half a gangster. Hes like TV, a business man who turned gangster. Never cracked a egg, pushed a button, however you wanna say it. Guys like that, especially if they do not have senority cannot succesfully run a family. Look at history for this... Junior Gotti, Jackie DAmico, Mikey Scars Dileonardo. Never were respected. The top guys in the family are John Gambino Nick Corozzo, Danny Marino. Lorenzo Mannino runs the heaviest crew in brooklyn right now, he will be one of the top guys in the family in a few years. He is already close.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722313
06/25/13 06:40 PM
06/25/13 06:40 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Out of all the comments I've seen on this here, Skinny has the biggest grasp as to what's what. I've talked about Cali before and not going to go into it again (cause it's bad for my health), but you have all always over-estimated the guy.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Ted] #722317
06/25/13 07:09 PM
06/25/13 07:09 PM
Iceman999 Offline
Capo
Iceman999  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: ovation32
What are these deep divides you are talking about within the Gambinos? I do not believe that Family is truly divided any longer. The Gotti guys have lost all power. The former Gambino/Castellano supporters are the ones in charge now. I am sure Danny Marino will welcome Cali as boss when he gets out. Giovanni Gambino and Cefalu clearly would support this decision. Who care what Jackie Nose or the remnants of the Gotti supporters want.

Most of the Gambino/Castellano guys have died, reitred or are near retirement. The Sicilians seem to be in charge now. And there are still some Gotti guys out there with power like the Corozzos and Tommy Sneakers.

Are there still Manhattan/Brooklyn factions?

Last edited by Iceman999; 06/25/13 07:09 PM.
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722318
06/25/13 07:10 PM
06/25/13 07:10 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Well even if this is a total bullshit story he's still underboss of one of the two most powerful mob families. Thats nothing to look down at.

But i have to say i still think Gambino is controlling first Cefalu and now Cali.

Just my opinion though, i can't back it up. Just call it a strong hunch.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722324
06/25/13 07:16 PM
06/25/13 07:16 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
no such thing as factions...

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: IvyLeague] #722371
06/25/13 09:20 PM
06/25/13 09:20 PM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Ivy, I was thinking the same thing as Little Nicky. However, I quickly surmised that the 750 figure is really 150 made guys, 600 associates, depending upon how they define associates in New York. That would be 4 to 1 which would make sense. in other words, out of the 750, 20% (150 are made) and 80% (600) are being included as Associates of some sort. That seems accurate based upon all of our discussions.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722372
06/25/13 09:51 PM
06/25/13 09:51 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
I literally think they just guess at it. Being on the record technically is an associate. But when theres a bust, every guy who does business with any form of lcn is an associate. The difference to me is either ur a connected guy or ur not. the handicapper of a big book may be on the record, so may a few half sheets, but the rest arent really "associates" their more like criminal acquaintances.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Chicago] #722378
06/25/13 10:24 PM
06/25/13 10:24 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Ivy, I was thinking the same thing as Little Nicky. However, I quickly surmised that the 750 figure is really 150 made guys, 600 associates, depending upon how they define associates in New York. That would be 4 to 1 which would make sense. in other words, out of the 750, 20% (150 are made) and 80% (600) are being included as Associates of some sort. That seems accurate based upon all of our discussions.

Membership estimates will always be more concrete. Unlike the widely ranging definitions of an associate, a guy is made or he is not. Approximately 200 total members has been the average membership figure for the Gambinos for quite some time now. And that figure has stayed relatively stable, probably because the NY families all have a set max number. Back in 2000, when Joe Isgro was busted for loansharking in California, there were 192 known Gambino members. And, as I said earlier, more recently the 200 figure was given by the feds in 2010 and 2011.

Now, that being said, if somebody wants to assume that the remaining 550 of that 750 figure in the article is associates, fine. Once again, I take all associate estimates with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted By: Skinny
I literally think they just guess at it. Being on the record technically is an associate. But when theres a bust, every guy who does business with any form of lcn is an associate. The difference to me is either ur a connected guy or ur not. the handicapper of a big book may be on the record, so may a few half sheets, but the rest arent really "associates" their more like criminal acquaintances.

Some obviously have, which has often led to the typical 10 associates for every member figure. But the FBI does tend to be more careful, and conservative, than other agencies. In other words, they have a stricter standard of who they consider to be a real associate. It's not every Tom, Dick, or Harry who comes within 20 yards of a wiseguy.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/25/13 10:27 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722383
06/25/13 10:36 PM
06/25/13 10:36 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
^^^As far as estamates go, i agree. But when it comes to indictments, they tend to beef it up quite a bit...

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Skinny] #722385
06/25/13 11:00 PM
06/25/13 11:00 PM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
Ovation, Jojo corozzo is just as respected as his brother. Maybe you are thinking of Blaise? Nicky is feared, but Jojo is liked. Both are huge money machines and politicians. They were never Gotti guys either. Gotti took Nickys stripes when he got boss and Nicky basically ran his crew anyways. Gotti decided it was impossible to keep a guy as powerful as corozzo down, and gave him back his rank. When gotti went down and he put junior as head of a panel that was basically the end of gottis being in power. The corozzos basically called the shots. A lot of captains still listen to their word. The gotti guys that are left arent gotti guys any more. Damico isnt a captain. Trucchio and Cacciapola both are closer to corozzos, except a few of Tommys guys. Other queens guys (gottis old nhood) are/were corozzo guys. Louis Mastrangelo was JoJos driver and is the only reason hes captain.

Daniel Marino i think of more as being allied with Castellano. Not gotti or gambino. He had the corozzos support to become boss, but he turned it down, so they went to a ruling panel. Only gambino was left so he promoted someone younger to take over for him. When cefalu got picked who was running the family on the street???? you guys still think that cefalu got elected? Its laughable, imagine 20 guys sitting at a big ass table, doing what putting names in a hat? No doubt Cali became under, look who hes so close to.

How is cali lowkey? Look at his fucking house! Low key cause he hasnt been caught? He hasnt done anything. Hes a half a gangster. Hes like TV, a business man who turned gangster. Never cracked a egg, pushed a button, however you wanna say it. Guys like that, especially if they do not have senority cannot succesfully run a family. Look at history for this... Junior Gotti, Jackie DAmico, Mikey Scars Dileonardo. Never were respected. The top guys in the family are John Gambino Nick Corozzo, Danny Marino. Lorenzo Mannino runs the heaviest crew in brooklyn right now, he will be one of the top guys in the family in a few years. He is already close.

This is fuckin great stuff.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722390
06/25/13 11:35 PM
06/25/13 11:35 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Are there still any guys who are made and unknown to law enforcement?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Skinny] #722392
06/26/13 12:20 AM
06/26/13 12:20 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Lorenzo Mannino runs the heaviest crew in brooklyn right now, he will be one of the top guys in the family in a few years. He is already close.

Skinny do you have any idea who's in Mannino's crew? I'm assuming John Gambino still has a pretty potent crew too. Cali was a capo too wasn't he? Did Mannino takes over Cali's crew when Cali got the bump to underboss?

Mannino has been very close to the two Gambino brothers for along time. He was described to me as John Gambino's main guy along with Joe Gambino. He's supposed to be a pretty serious guy and if i had to pick between Cali and Mannino i would choose Lorenzo.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722396
06/26/13 12:35 AM
06/26/13 12:35 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Are there still any guys who are made and unknown to law enforcement?

I think the obvious answer is yes. But the ones flying under the radar aren't likely big in numbers nowadays. I'd be surprised if, say, more than 10% of any family is unknown to law enforcement.

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Cali was a capo too wasn't he?

At least at one point he was acting captain for Jackie D'Amico's crew.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/26/13 12:38 AM.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: ovation32] #722431
06/26/13 07:35 AM
06/26/13 07:35 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Hahaha - you can all think that skinnys stuff is "great" if you would like. Jojo is a fucking joke and Cali is not. I guarantee it. Are you seriously comparing Francesco Cali to Vinny TV!!!!!?????!!!!! Jesus. Go gamble.

I'll speak for myself, because I did mention that i agreed with skinny (only about Cali, though). I'm not in any way saying he's a joke, he's not. I'm just saying people are talking about him like he's some sort of mafia God that has super power from here to Sicily and back. Over the years, he's been somewhat over exaggerated on here.

Next. I guarantee YOU that you can't guarantee anything about Cali.

Lastly, don't call him Francesco. Not even his mother calls him that.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Skinny] #722435
06/26/13 08:12 AM
06/26/13 08:12 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss

Skinny I'd love to hear how you know so much inside information about the Gambinos? So Cali is half a gangster? Yet he's highly respected on both sides. How do you know he's never whacked out anyone? You'd have no idea. All this talk about Johnny Gambino as well, the guys practically dead, obviously he still holds weight but you have no idea about how much he is involved right now.

Pure guesswork on your part.

Comparing Cali to Vinny TV? Haha

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722438
06/26/13 08:19 AM
06/26/13 08:19 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Has this story been confirmed or even commented on by any trusted source like capeci? Cause if not it kinda sounds like bs.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Dellacroce] #722440
06/26/13 08:24 AM
06/26/13 08:24 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Has this story been confirmed or even commented on by any trusted source like capeci? Cause if not it kinda sounds like bs.

Can't find any credible sources. I think it's BS too. Why is Cefalu gonna step down?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722443
06/26/13 08:44 AM
06/26/13 08:44 AM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Either way, Cali will be boss sooner or later. Cefalu will probably not be living or out in the streets in ten - 15 years max.

What is D'Amico doing nowadays? Soldier?

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722444
06/26/13 08:52 AM
06/26/13 08:52 AM
New York City
ovation32 Offline
Capo
ovation32  Offline
Capo
New York City
Not even his mother calls him that? Lol

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722455
06/26/13 10:23 AM
06/26/13 10:23 AM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
This is basically the reason i take such long ass breaks from coming here. I got Tommy here who thinks im full of shit. How would i know? Doesnt matter. I say he isnt a tough guy. You call bullshit. Fine. You ask how i knnow x, y, and z. fine, but how the fuck would you know? Your in fucking england. You got no right to be calling bullshit on something you cant find on the internet my man. If you think im a liar fine, but neither of us can site any proof so arguing is pointless. Then i got this dumb ass Ovation, who thinks if he puts nyc into his location that ppl think hes a local guy and his word counts. How many fuckin pms have you sent me asking about ppl saying "please, please, Pleeaaaaaaasssseee!" No shame in asking questions, i do that myself. but First you tell everyone despite what skinny says, Tough Tony is poor as shit, not a heavy guy at all. Bullshit. Now Jojo corozzo is a joke according to you. What heavy gangster are you to call him a joke? Are you carlo gambino's ghost come to haunt us on gangsterbb??? Your a fucking joke. You cant guarentee shit. Just saying Take this to the bank doesnt make it fact.

To tommy and ovation and whoever else. This is a forum. If you dont know me personally how will u know what im saying is real or not? What else do you have to go on? Most this shit cant even be found on the internet. If dont believe me, trust me thats fine. I dont give a fuck. You wanna take ovations word over mine feel free. You dont believe federici or corozzos are heavys or think my posts about the power shifts of the gambinos is all shit, fine.

Truth is i don know mmuch about that whole crew. I hear general things like this. Sorry giancarlo if i knew id tell you bro. Theres few crews i could name the guys off my head but BK crews are not one of them. I think Mannino has Gambinos crew but i couldnt say for sure. Cali has a lot of respect yea, but as boss his decisions will be second guessed by some guys who have seniority or have notches on their stick. Its only natural, all in all tho, he will probly make a good boss. Hes well liked and while he has Gambino and Cefalus support he will be respected on the street. I hear shit, i pass it on. Carmela knows these guys personally and doesnt talk about them much. I get that bc i do the same shit for a few ppl in my neck of the woods. Your more likely to get a answer out of me about brooklyn or queens than you would about jersey. But again, its a forum, its all about (hopefully polite) conversation.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722456
06/26/13 10:30 AM
06/26/13 10:30 AM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
Skinny, "street guys" like you are always appreciated by most except a few people with hard-ons....one question, any idea if the Sicilian Gambinos are still working with the other side (such as importing H)? Thanks.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Skinny] #722460
06/26/13 10:40 AM
06/26/13 10:40 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
This is basically the reason i take such long ass breaks from coming here. I got Tommy here who thinks im full of shit. How would i know? Doesnt matter. I say he isnt a tough guy. You call bullshit. Fine. You ask how i knnow x, y, and z. fine, but how the fuck would you know? Your in fucking england. You got no right to be calling bullshit on something you cant find on the internet my man. If you think im a liar fine, but neither of us can site any proof so arguing is pointless. Then i got this dumb ass Ovation, who thinks if he puts nyc into his location that ppl think hes a local guy and his word counts. How many fuckin pms have you sent me asking about ppl saying "please, please, Pleeaaaaaaasssseee!" No shame in asking questions, i do that myself. but First you tell everyone despite what skinny says, Tough Tony is poor as shit, not a heavy guy at all. Bullshit. Now Jojo corozzo is a joke according to you. What heavy gangster are you to call him a joke? Are you carlo gambino's ghost come to haunt us on gangsterbb??? Your a fucking joke. You cant guarentee shit. Just saying Take this to the bank doesnt make it fact.

To tommy and ovation and whoever else. This is a forum. If you dont know me personally how will u know what im saying is real or not? What else do you have to go on? Most this shit cant even be found on the internet. If dont believe me, trust me thats fine. I dont give a fuck. You wanna take ovations word over mine feel free. You dont believe federici or corozzos are heavys or think my posts about the power shifts of the gambinos is all shit, fine.

Truth is i don know mmuch about that whole crew. I hear general things like this. Sorry giancarlo if i knew id tell you bro. Theres few crews i could name the guys off my head but BK crews are not one of them. I think Mannino has Gambinos crew but i couldnt say for sure. Cali has a lot of respect yea, but as boss his decisions will be second guessed by some guys who have seniority or have notches on their stick. Its only natural, all in all tho, he will probly make a good boss. Hes well liked and while he has Gambino and Cefalus support he will be respected on the street. I hear shit, i pass it on. Carmela knows these guys personally and doesnt talk about them much. I get that bc i do the same shit for a few ppl in my neck of the woods. Your more likely to get a answer out of me about brooklyn or queens than you would about jersey. But again, its a forum, its all about (hopefully polite) conversation.

I'm not claiming to know any of the inside details about Cali or any of the Gambinos for that matter, as you say I'm from England.

You talk about your opinions as fact just because you heard it from someone, that does not make it a fact. I'd imagine the only people who know what Cali is really like is anyone associated with the family and the Feds.

If the second biggest crime family accepts him as there number 2 I doubt he's going to be half a gangster, I doubt the guys over in Italy would either.

You said in a previous post in this thread that guys like him don't make good bosses, now your claiming he will probably be a good one?

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: baldo] #722462
06/26/13 10:43 AM
06/26/13 10:43 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Originally Posted By: baldo
Skinny, "street guys" like you are always appreciated by most except a few people with hard-ons....one question, any idea if the Sicilian Gambinos are still working with the other side (such as importing H)? Thanks.

If he's a street guy then why is he talking about several mobsters positions in crime families, can't imagine a street guy doing that. And I'd imagine the people he's connected to would look down on it.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722468
06/26/13 11:16 AM
06/26/13 11:16 AM
New York City
ovation32 Offline
Capo
ovation32  Offline
Capo
New York City
Skinny:

With respect to the article and Cali, I would have to agree that it is very likely BS. My only point was that I have heard from people that he is far from being a "half-gangster" in your parlance. You compared him to Vinny TV and I do not believe that to be accurate at all.

With respect to the pecking order argument, I completely agree with you Skinny. There are a number of guys that would be ahead of him and are more highly regarded due to the time they have put in and their related clout. Furthermore, I agree with you that Nick Corozzo has a massive amount of respect in the Family and is one of those guys. So does Marino. So does Gambino. At the same time, I believe that those guys acknowledge Cali's aptitude. This is pure speculation for the purpose of providing an analogy, but consider the Genovese Family. Punchy Iliano has been around forever. He is a legend. But Barney makes more sense as the leader of the Family. Corozzo is in prison, Marino is in prison and - as you said - turned down the boss button. Gambino clearly pulls Cali's strings, but so what? I do not think that Frank is a "half-gangster."

The Federici argument is completely separate. Not once did I say that Tony is "poor as shit" or "not a heavy guy at all." Tony is wealthy and as serious as serious gets. My argument was made in the context of a thread about the "Top 5 Richest Capos." Tough Tony is not one of them. But life is not black and white Skinny. Again, this is the only "street" argument I will stand by through my own personal knowledge. The Cali point is based on things I have read and heard second hand. My opnion of JoJo has also been echoed by many others, but I am willing to acknowledge that I could be wrong about him. My understanding is that without Nicky, he would not be even close to where he is.

I am sorry I rubbed you the wrong way to such an extent. My PMs related to NJ were based on a complete lack of understanding on what goes on there today and I appreciate your responses.

Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722472
06/26/13 11:57 AM
06/26/13 11:57 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
I like how people talk about Benny Eggs n John Gambino look at Benny Egg's Mugshot that's from what 1990? Imagine how old he looks now...

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: carmela] #722473
06/26/13 11:58 AM
06/26/13 11:58 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: carmela
Hahaha - you can all think that skinnys stuff is "great" if you would like. Jojo is a fucking joke and Cali is not. I guarantee it. Are you seriously comparing Francesco Cali to Vinny TV!!!!!?????!!!!! Jesus. Go gamble.

I'll speak for myself, because I did mention that i agreed with skinny (only about Cali, though). I'm not in any way saying he's a joke, he's not. I'm just saying people are talking about him like he's some sort of mafia God that has super power from here to Sicily and back. Over the years, he's been somewhat over exaggerated on here.

Next. I guarantee YOU that you can't guarantee anything about Cali.

Lastly, don't call him Francesco. Not even his mother calls him that.

His mom calls him "Cheech"

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Gambino Crime Family Set to Name New Godfather [Re: Giancarlo] #722474
06/26/13 12:02 PM
06/26/13 12:02 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
My personal thought. Everyone should just get along, that being said skinny is one of the most knowledgable guys out there and I appreciate his posts.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull