GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 55 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,731
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 29 1 2 25 26 27 28 29
Re: Gun Control [Re: Turnbull] #715966
05/16/13 04:52 PM
05/16/13 04:52 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
The only thing on which there is a 90 % consensus is on gun registration...

I said in an earlier post that the reasons the Senate bill failed are ineffective leadership by Obama, and pervasive skepticism among Americans that Congress can fix anything, and/or growing distrust of government. That statistic is an example:

Sure, 90% of a few thousand people sampled told pollsters that they support expanded background checks. But even though the sample probably was statistically valid, it didn't translate into 90% of Americans willing to work to get the bill passed by forming groups, writing or personally lobbying Senators and Reps, etc. They didn't care enough. Conversely, just three days after the sequester started screwing up air travel, enough Americans rose up in protest so that funding was miraculously restored for air traffic control.

Fun thing about those Air traffic controlers.

All they did was leave more room between planes in flight
and slow the system down and BINGO the news and everyone else was on it like a bum on a sandwich.

Tell me this why didn't they make them stay up on the standards that they should have been before sequester started. They didn't have less people in the major airports on duty.
So they had a slowdown and got their way- how nice.

Years ago Regan fired the wingholes when they went out on strike. Maybe someone should have put a boot up their a$$ and made them work the right way instead of the crap they pulled on America.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #715971
05/16/13 05:51 PM
05/16/13 05:51 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
OF COURSE the air traffic control system could have functioned effectively under the sequester if people at all levels pulled together and operated more efficiently. But the controllers didn't want people to know that the system could do with fewer controllers--and the FAA didn't want people to know that the system could operate effectively with less money.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #715973
05/16/13 06:24 PM
05/16/13 06:24 PM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
A gun replacement website which even gun lovers might like:
http://imgur.com/R61vOm2

Re: Gun Control [Re: Danito] #715977
05/16/13 07:03 PM
05/16/13 07:03 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Danito
A gun replacement website which even gun lovers might like:
http://imgur.com/R61vOm2

NAY, it just doesn't do it for me. rolleyes

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #715990
05/17/13 12:25 AM
05/17/13 12:25 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Police Chief Asks Citizens for Ammo, Gets 1,500 Round Loan Amid Strong Response

As the "Great Ammunition Shortage" continues, police departments across the country are struggling to supply their arsenals. One police chief turned to the community for help, and citizens stepped up.

In Proctor, Minnesota, police chief Walter Wobig says that his suppliers have told him he'll have to wait "months" for the 1,000 rounds he's requested.

When Wobig turned to the residents of Proctor by putting out a call for help meeting his department's ammo needs, citizens contacted his office, eager to help.

"The citizens were like, 'If you need something, we got plenty here,'" said Wobig.

One resident and a Proctor police officer loaned 1,500 rounds from their personal stockpile to the department.

The Chief says others offered to help too. "I had several other calls from other citizens that said, 'Hey, if you need more ammunition we have plenty,'" said Wobig,

The Chief says that when his ammunition order is filled, he will be repaying the citizens for their contributions.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...an-amid-strong

Re: Gun Control [Re: Turnbull] #716006
05/17/13 09:55 AM
05/17/13 09:55 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

OF COURSE the air traffic control system could have functioned effectively under the sequester if people at all levels pulled together and operated more efficiently. But the controllers didn't want people to know that the system could do with fewer controllers--and the FAA didn't want people to know that the system could operate effectively with less money.

That is the basic nature of bureaucracy.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #716018
05/17/13 11:55 AM
05/17/13 11:55 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
That it!, reward them for screwing the public by doing that. They get away with it and it will get worst and worst.
Work or lose your job. Fair work for fair pay or move out and let someone else take the job. It is that simple.
No one should think that they are not replaceable and can screw public and get away with it.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Turnbull] #716031
05/17/13 01:39 PM
05/17/13 01:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
But the controllers didn't want people to know that the system could do with fewer controllers--and the FAA didn't want people to know that the system could operate effectively with less money.

That's true of any union, TB.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #717989
05/31/13 06:41 PM
05/31/13 06:41 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #718070
06/01/13 09:19 AM
06/01/13 09:19 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Looks like California is going to want backround checks on ammo purchases too. $50 fee for the backround check. I would guess it's a 1 time thing and then you get put on the approved to buy ammo list. If your not on the approved list then you can't buy any ammo in the state.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-guns-boy-scouts-20130530,0,3573485.story

Re: Gun Control [Re: Giancarlo] #718092
06/01/13 12:25 PM
06/01/13 12:25 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Looks like California is going to want backround checks on ammo purchases too. $50 fee for the backround check. I would guess it's a 1 time thing and then you get put on the approved to buy ammo list. If your not on the approved list then you can't buy any ammo in the state.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-guns-boy-scouts-20130530,0,3573485.story

Just remember what they keep telling you....You have nothing to worry about, no one wants your guns.
They have nothing on their minds that will take your rights away...
Yeah right, Just close your eyes until it is to late to change anything.

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #718156
06/01/13 04:52 PM
06/01/13 04:52 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Mig, you need to chill. Of course all Americans didnt want it. There is very little All Americans are for or against. Take civil rights in the '60's or minimum age in the '30's. The only thing on which there is a 90 % consensus is on gun registration, and the NRA and wingholes in congress stopped it.

Well I see you believe obama when he made the 90% reference, well there is a problem as I see it when it comes to this supposed 90%. If 90% of americans supported it as you and obama claim then it would make sense that it would have passed by overwhelming numbers, as the senators who voted against it would have voted in favor of it as they would not have been worried about losing in the next election. Unless you're going to try and tell me that all the senators who voted against it would be worried by the 10% who was against it.

yeah the NRA was instrumental in getting it blocked but I'm sure all the people who contacted their respective senators urging them to vote against this which I did with both of my senators was just as instrumental. Oh wait let me guess just the 10% opopsed to it contacted their senators right.

Simple fact is background checks will never work as the people they are designed to stop will NEVER go through the proper channels in the first place.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Giancarlo] #718158
06/01/13 04:59 PM
06/01/13 04:59 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

Why does this not surprise me?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Gun Control [Re: The Iceman] #718173
06/01/13 06:18 PM
06/01/13 06:18 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: The Iceman
Simple fact is background checks will never work as the people they are designed to stop will NEVER go through the proper channels in the first place.

Really? The murderers from Aurora and Viriginia Tech bought their guns through proper channels. Also, the girl who bought the guns for Klebold and Harris purchased them at a gun show. If either of them had been 18 yet, they wouldn't have needed her and would have obtained them the same way. So, what dark alley did these guys use to buy their guns?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #718183
06/01/13 06:48 PM
06/01/13 06:48 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
lol at california! another great idea coming from a state that despite having an abundance of natural resources and amazing scenery has turned itself into one of the biggest financial disasters in america. its getting to the point where a head of lettuce has more rights there than a person!

what i've seen coming has begun to take shape, ny and california engaging in a sort of "dueling pianos" to see which state can screw over and inconvenience law abiding citizens even more while continuing with the "death by 1000 cuts" approach to the 2nd amendment favored by the authoritarian dopes in both states. that state is lost, a real shame! on the bright side i'm sure the money generated by this "fee", not tax, will be well spend. my guess, something free for non-citizens! shhh

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 06/01/13 06:50 PM.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #718196
06/01/13 09:37 PM
06/01/13 09:37 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I suppose they think that this measure is going to discourage gun crime--after all, every criminal buys his ammo at guns stores, right? rolleyes

Then again, they're not going to collect a cent because there's not a round of ammo to be bought, anywhere.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Gun Control [Re: The Iceman] #718216
06/02/13 12:57 AM
06/02/13 12:57 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: The Iceman
Well I see you believe obama when he made the 90% reference, well there is a problem as I see it when it comes to this supposed 90%. If 90% of americans supported it as you and obama claim then it would make sense that it would have passed by overwhelming numbers, as the senators who voted against it would have voted in favor of it as they would not have been worried about losing in the next election. Unless you're going to try and tell me that all the senators who voted against it would be worried by the 10% who was against it.

yeah the NRA was instrumental in getting it blocked but I'm sure all the people who contacted their respective senators urging them to vote against this which I did with both of my senators was just as instrumental. Oh wait let me guess just the 10% opopsed to it contacted their senators right.

Beg to differ here, first of all I'm not sure why a 60 minimum vote is necessary to pass a measure in the senate, but it did get votes of more than half the senators, just not 60 out of 100. In every other democracy, half the votes would be enough.

Second of all, I think NRA is more important to these senators than their actual constituents, because you just have one vote, but NRA actually can fund their campaign or that of their opponents.

And thirdly, the approval rating for some of these senators who voted against this bill dropped significantly. So I think you might be in the wrong here.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #718218
06/02/13 01:21 AM
06/02/13 01:21 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

Beg to differ here, first of all I'm not sure why a 60 minimum vote is necessary to pass a measure in the senate,

It's not ncessary. However, 60 votes is the threshhold to preclude a filibuster.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Gun Control [Re: olivant] #718219
06/02/13 01:40 AM
06/02/13 01:40 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: olivant
It's not ncessary. However, 60 votes is the threshhold to preclude a filibuster.
So why didn't they go through a filibuster? Isn't it a good time to show the absurdity of it? Unless both sides are quite comfortable with it, which seems to be the case. ohwell

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #718264
06/02/13 09:20 AM
06/02/13 09:20 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

So why didn't they go through a filibuster? Isn't it a good time to show the absurdity of it? Unless both sides are quite comfortable with it, which seems to be the case. ohwell

Both sides are more or less confortable with it because each party knows that the majority control of the Seante changes from time to time. Tempting as it is for the present majority party to do away with the filibuster/60 vote rule, its probably not going to happen because one day it will the the minorits
y and then will get all kinds of programs they don't like rammed down their throats.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #718302
06/02/13 01:54 PM
06/02/13 01:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Both sides are more or less confortable with it because each party knows that the majority control of the Seante changes from time to time. Tempting as it is for the present majority party to do away with the filibuster/60 vote rule, its probably not going to happen because one day it will the the minority and then will get all kinds of programs they don't like rammed down their throats.

Very well put, Counselor smile.

Translation: Partisan politics as usual wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #720197
06/13/13 07:56 AM
06/13/13 07:56 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
A 4 year old shot and killed his father the other day. They were visiting a friend who left a loaded gun out in the open, loaded. The kid picked up the gun and shot his father - dead. The kid has to live with that. Gun control....hmmm, people control.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Gun Control [Re: MaryCas] #720200
06/13/13 08:17 AM
06/13/13 08:17 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
A 4 year old shot and killed his father the other day. They were visiting a friend who left a loaded gun out in the open, loaded. The kid picked up the gun and shot his father - dead. The kid has to live with that. Gun control....hmmm, people control.

You just can't fix stupid....
Do you have a link so I can read the story?
Thanks

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #720265
06/13/13 04:07 PM
06/13/13 04:07 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

A bunch of people shot and killed in St. Louis this afternoon...reports still coming in. Too bad the people who were killed didn't have semi automatics, then there could have been a real firefight, and a few innocent bystanders could also have been killed. More blood on the hands of the NRA,their lackeys and the boneheaded gun nuts.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #720271
06/13/13 05:03 PM
06/13/13 05:03 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Like I said- You just can't fix stupid....
or what they do, or how they post it! lol

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #720273
06/13/13 05:26 PM
06/13/13 05:26 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: fathersson

Thanks

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/08/us/arizona-man-shot

Can't fix stupid, but you can take away the things that facilitate stupid.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Gun Control [Re: MaryCas] #720278
06/13/13 05:39 PM
06/13/13 05:39 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: fathersson

Thanks

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/08/us/arizona-man-shot

Can't fix stupid, but you can take away the things that facilitate stupid.

Thanks for the link. I want to look into the story some more to see some of the real facts. Thanks again.

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #721492
06/20/13 09:31 PM
06/20/13 09:31 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut gun maker moving to South Carolina, in wake of tighter state gun laws

Quote:

A Connecticut gun manufacturer is moving to South Carolina after Connecticut lawmakers passed stricter gun-control laws in the aftermath of the fatal Sandy Hook School shootings.

PTR Industries will make the formal announcement next week at a ribbon-cutting to be attended by South Carolina Republican Gov. Nikki Haley, according to The Sun News of Myrtle Beach.

The company is going to Horry County, which includes Myrtle Beach, and has already approved a resolution setting out the terms of the company's move.

County Council Chairman Mark Lazarus says he's excited about the development.

Josh Fiorini, PTR's chief executive officer, says the plant will employ 140 people, many of whom will relocate from Connecticut. The move will take place over three years.

The company said it had been contacted by 41 states and selected South Carolina from six finalists.

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #721582
06/21/13 12:33 PM
06/21/13 12:33 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Good. A shithole like South Carolina can have it.

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #721587
06/21/13 01:26 PM
06/21/13 01:26 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Good. A shithole like South Carolina can have it.

Seems like they were good enought for 41 other states to offer them a new home.
CT loss I guess..... along with 140 housewholes, and maybe 140 houses that may be now up for sale if they follow the company.
Not to mention the trickle down effect on other business still there when they pull out from their payroll checks no longer being in town buying goods and services. smile

Page 27 of 29 1 2 25 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull