GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Captbony1999), 265 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,003
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,277
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Iranian Election [Re: dontomasso] #721161
06/19/13 01:42 PM
06/19/13 01:42 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Afsaneh, if you could indulge me on something...how much manufacturing and non-pertoleum activity goes on in Iran? It seems the few petro states that have succeeded long term have done so by diversifying their commerce. I understand your country is under trade sanctions with much of the West, but eventually that will change (Persian culture is not going anywhere) as things always do.
Oil is often as much a curse as it is a blessing, and I don't really know much about Iran, so I am curious about what other interests the country puts its investments.

Well, I can't give you numbers, but the biggest manufacturing industry here is the car industry. Their overpriced cars only can compete with Korean and Japanese cars with heavy custom fees on those cars. Anyway, fun part is, they've managed to establish car factories in some countries abroad or sell the cars they make here, obviously at a lower price than we could get.

We have pharmaceutical factories and home appliances producers as well. I remember during the war, everything was made right here, you couldn't find a single item made outside here in any store. But these stuff can in no way compete with most of what's made abroad. So when Ahmadinejad came to power, he let the military into commerce and they imported everything from abroad, and that's how many manufacturers here went bankrupt. Most notably the sugar industries were shut down, since they couldn't compete with the lower prices of what was imported. Now with the sanctions imposed, they neither can import much, nor the manufacturers inside are there anymore to pick up the slack.

The depth of corruption of Ahmadinejad and Pasdaran is more than I can explain here. Astronomical amounts of money is missing here or there. High ranks within insurance companies, banks, etc. have embezzled money. Even he, himself while the mayor of Tehran has embezzled money. crazy

The revenue of oil sold during his presidency is as much as what was made before him combined, but instead of putting it into manufacturing, infrastructure and creating jobs, he started paying monthly subsidies so that people do what they want with it. The result was a 100% inflation rate.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Iranian Election [Re: afsaneh77] #721389
06/20/13 11:32 AM
06/20/13 11:32 AM
A little bit of everywhere
K
Karl9905 Offline
Button
Karl9905  Offline
K
Button
A little bit of everywhere
Sounds like a history that even the people of that country hate.

Why can't the people get things changed there?
Why do people support this form of rule if things are so wrong?

and I guess the really big question is why do they hate others so much including America if their country has so many problems to work out. Are we just someone they can rally against to hide these problems?

Do they just keep leading the people along with lies?

cool

Re: Iranian Election [Re: Lilo] #721398
06/20/13 12:04 PM
06/20/13 12:04 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Karl, if I'm going to answer a question, I expect the person asking it have at least a tiny bit of interest in the subject and not just voice their prejudices in the form of questions like "why all of you hate us so much."

Re: Iranian Election [Re: Karl9905] #721402
06/20/13 12:16 PM
06/20/13 12:16 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Karl9905

and I guess the really big question is why do they hate others so much including America if their country has so many problems to work out. Are we just someone they can rally against to hide these problems?

cool

Karl, read your history. Iran (fka Persia) is an ancient and great civilization that, like most of West and South Asia was randomly carved up by the British, who made a total mess of things by inventing countries.

After WWII, when the cold war was starting up, the CIA decided the legitimate government of Iran was not to its liking, and decided to replace it with a puppet in the form of the late and not lamented Shah of Iran. While he was a fierce anti communist, and did our bidding at all times, he was also a brutal dictator who tortured, jailed and killed his own people. He stole from the country and basically kept all freedom down during the years he was in power. The people of Iran, who suffered under him knew that but for the US, he would have never assumed nor stayed in power. When they finally had their uprising in the seventies, and they got rid of the Shah, extremists took over the revolution, leading to the ascendency of Khomeni, a religious fanatic, who moved the seat of real power from Teheran, a truly international city to Qum, a religious stronghold, from where the religious fanatics who really run the country still rule. By all accounts I have heard from Americans who have traveled in Iran, the people there do not hate us at all. Quite the contrary. They are still bitter about what we did, and with good reason, but most of them do not hate us. The religious fanatics do, and this is reflected in their propoganda.
In my opinion all this nuclear nonsense and all this talk of a war with Iran is coming from our side for the most part...and at the urging of the Idraeli lobby and Netanyahu. We make no friends there with people like John "I Never Saw A War I Did Not Like" McCain singing "bomb bomb bomb bom Iran" as a joke.

It is a terrible situation, and we are paying the price of a radical backlash to our mistaken policies of the late forties and early fifties.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Iranian Election [Re: Karl9905] #721431
06/20/13 03:41 PM
06/20/13 03:41 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Karl9905

cool

SORRY your questions didn't make it pass the Iranian Censors.

Please resubmit in a more a$$ kissing way. lol

Even tho DT seemed to answer most of your questions I think you can understand the rest by the reaction you have gotten.

Many of the countries in that area of the world have had unrest for as long as you can look back in history.
It has become part of their culture some would say.

Change will never really take place in a timely maner as far as I can see. The more people from the outside get involed the more they are pulled down into the grief. My opinion of the mess is that it will some day come to a head and Isreal will bomb the place and all hell will start.

Mean while the people over there suffer, but what else is new? it seems to be hapening all over this world. Even here with so many people just getting by.

If you get a chance go back and read about how they hang gay people in the streets. They have no vote like we have going on here for an example.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Iranian Election [Re: fathersson] #721551
06/21/13 05:57 AM
06/21/13 05:57 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
Original geschrieben von: fathersson

Many of the countries in that area of the world have had unrest for as long as you can look back in history.

Are you kidding? Unrest as part of a culture? In that area?
Well, almost all countries in the world have had unrest for as long as you can look back in history. This includes the US, who were involved in wars at any time during their existence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

Re: Iranian Election [Re: Danito] #721552
06/21/13 07:19 AM
06/21/13 07:19 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Danito
Originally Posted By: fathersson

Well, almost all countries in the world have had unrest for as long as you can look back in history. This includes the US, who were involved in wars at any time during their existence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

Yes, Really...you can't seem to understand the difference between what I said and what your trying to spin.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Iranian Election [Re: Lilo] #721558
06/21/13 08:54 AM
06/21/13 08:54 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I wouldn't mind FS, he is hurt from past discussions and it shows. In fact, nothing short of Israel bombing the whole Iran would soothes his hurt feelings.

Re: Iranian Election [Re: afsaneh77] #721561
06/21/13 09:14 AM
06/21/13 09:14 AM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Another question for you, Afsaneh, if you'll oblige me: Most of the oilfields in Iran are owned by the Iranian National Oil Company, but are they technically owned by the people like those in Iraq, whose 2005 Constitution states that all oil and gas is owned by “all the people of Iraq in all regions and governorates.” ? Just curious.

Sure, smile I'm not sure how that is in Iraq, but here government gets paid for selling the oil, and that pays for the whole budget. In our system executive power writes the budget, and congress has to pass that or make changes and then the two branch agree on the changes. So essentially not all the people get the oil revenue in a fair manner. For instance, those working for the oil ministry get higher salaries than those who work for education ministry. We don't have any other major source of revenue and depending on who is in the office, and their plans and consequently their budget, one field gets more attention than the other.

Thanks, maybe we start a "Dear Afy" thread, where users can submit questions to you about your country and your favorite television shows. tongue
(I swear, without you and TIS I don't think I'd know what's on the TV now-days!)

But yeah, that makes sense. I mostly asked because I've seen the idea floated around that the reason the US wants to get involved in Syria is that it'll pave the way to take over the Iranian oil fields.

Re: Iranian Election [Re: Frank_Nitti] #721567
06/21/13 09:31 AM
06/21/13 09:31 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Thanks, maybe we start a "Dear Afy" thread, where users can submit questions to you about your country and your favorite television shows. tongue
(I swear, without you and TIS I don't think I'd know what's on the TV now-days!)

But yeah, that makes sense. I mostly asked because I've seen the idea floated around that the reason the US wants to get involved in Syria is that it'll pave the way to take over the Iranian oil fields.

lol Feel free to ask anything and I try to answer them to the best of my knowledge. smile

About that idea, I'm not sure how that would help the US to have control over Iranian oil fields. I mean, they were right beside those fields while they were in Iraq. We don't have any borders with Syria. Iraq stands between us. I heard Romney saying that Syria is Iran's way to open seas, but we've the whole Persian Gulf right down in the South, near the oil fields; we don't need Syria. In fact when I say Iran is organizing Hezbollah from Syria, I wouldn't think that with Syria out of the picture, anything changes much, since Hezbollah is in Lebanon and has a political stronghold in their parliament, so technically Iran doesn't need Syria to organize Hezbollah either. Keeping Syria in Assad's hands looks more like Islamic Republic trying to send a message that it's a major player in the Middle East. Downright shameful. All that said, I think I prefer Assad to what's inevitably coming next.

Re: Iranian Election [Re: Danito] #721574
06/21/13 10:40 AM
06/21/13 10:40 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Danito
Originally Posted By: fathersson

Yeah, good list of U.S. wars. Then there's Europe.
Last Century there was WWI WWII "The Troubles" in Ireland, and the war that ensued when Yugoslavia broke up.

Then there have been countless tribal wars in Africa, and Asia.

But its only in the middle east where some people seem to think its "in their blood." Thats what watching Fox News will do to people's bigoted "minds."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Iranian Election [Re: afsaneh77] #721593
06/21/13 02:16 PM
06/21/13 02:16 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I wouldn't mind FS, he is hurt from past discussions and it shows. In fact, nothing short of Israel bombing the whole Iran would soothes his hurt feelings.

Sorry, wrong as always- It/you would have to hold some "meaning" to me to hold a gruge. Since you don't wink
I do not, As they say - Your small potatoes.

Nothing you could ever say towards me would cause me "hurt as you say" That in itself makes me laugh lol just reading your foolishness. You try to be a snide tongue one but you fail each time you try it.

The real question is why you had to be such a witch toward the other poster, Karl? What did he ever do to you? Just because you got a bug up you A$$ on the way he asked some simple questions? You could of just answered them like DT did without being such a ...... and showing your ture colors. Oh WEll ohwell

Only the future will tell if my thoughts on Isreal will be true or not. I guess we will just have to wait and see- won't we.
But if you are not worry about such things, I am glad for you.

Re: Iranian Election [Re: Lilo] #721603
06/21/13 02:53 PM
06/21/13 02:53 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
But I know I'm right. In fact, with every post you further prove my point. grin

Re: Iranian Election [Re: afsaneh77] #721665
06/22/13 08:17 AM
06/22/13 08:17 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Israel is going to end up on the ash heap if history if they don't watch themselves.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull