GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (U talkin' da me ??), 153 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,860
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,511
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,318
Posts1,058,481
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? #709787
04/10/13 05:23 PM
04/10/13 05:23 PM
S
Strahd Offline OP
Associate
Strahd  Offline OP
S
Associate
Hi, I'm looking for some info concerning OC in Arabia, the Middle East and the Muslim World in general. Doesn't need to be very specific, but it'd be nice if somebody could drop some common names for organizations in the area and some info as to what it is that they are doing. Thank you very much!

Last edited by Strahd; 04/10/13 05:24 PM.
Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709790
04/10/13 05:30 PM
04/10/13 05:30 PM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
I don't know much about crime or crime groups in those countries, but I know a bit about people from those countries doing crime in the united states, persians, lebanese,afghani, syrians,armenians..

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709791
04/10/13 05:33 PM
04/10/13 05:33 PM
S
Strahd Offline OP
Associate
Strahd  Offline OP
S
Associate
Do you happen know anything about these peoples religious beliefs and how they might influence their activities?

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709792
04/10/13 05:36 PM
04/10/13 05:36 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
Im going to move to saudi arabia i swear to god. Ill open a underground liquor store. What a paradise it must be! Warm climate, women cant drive, vote or have a show their ankles in public! Call me a feminist but i only think women should cook and clean.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Skinny] #709795
04/10/13 06:07 PM
04/10/13 06:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Skinny
Call me a feminist but i only think women should cook and clean.

You're a feminist lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709805
04/10/13 07:20 PM
04/10/13 07:20 PM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
Well I know some persians who are muslim and lebanese people who are christian...honestly from what I know from being around them.. They pretty much will do ANYTHING to make a dollar, they're really hungry for money and have an insane drive to be successful. As far as religion influencing their illegal activities? From what I've seen they put it all aside if it has to do with making $

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: dsbaloo] #709825
04/10/13 09:11 PM
04/10/13 09:11 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
If you think of it as activities that we associate with organized crime in the US and Europe, the entire Middle East (and a good part of the "Third World") is a hotbed for extortion, murder for hire, illegal gambling, drugs, booze, etc. Except that they call them "militias," or "fundamentalist groups," etc. Newspapers had a story recently on how the Taliban have taken over a good-sized city in Pakistan and are shaking down the residents--sound familiar? And what about the pirates in Darfur?

Moral of story: where there's no law and order--and a lot of money to be made--you'll find organized crime.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709831
04/10/13 09:52 PM
04/10/13 09:52 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Great insight Turnbull thank you

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709862
04/11/13 03:51 AM
04/11/13 03:51 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
I'm pretty sure Taliban in Afghanistan is behind all the heroin that's made there.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709865
04/11/13 05:30 AM
04/11/13 05:30 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Don't really know much about organized crime in the area itself, but there are a lot of middle easterners involved in organized crime in the USA and Europe.

Turkish, Turkish Cypriot and Kurdish crime groups are an extreme force in Europe. The Turkish Cypriot Arif gang is a force in London, along with the Kurdish Tottenham Boys and Bombacilar gangs. There are also Turkish mafia groups present in almost any other country with a substantial Turkish population, such as Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. Some of them are definitely linked to the Grey Wolves ( ethnic Turkish right-wing movement). Likewise for the Kurdish mafia groups but they are more likely to be linked to the Kurdish rebel movement PKK although this is far from always the case.

Israeli crime groups are really powerful. Even though they are mostly known for drug trafficking, they are active in about every aspect of organized crime including weapon trafficking, fraud, armed robberies, human trafficking. Israeli crime groups largely come from a couple of different backgrounds: mostly Moroccan Jewish, Russian/Ukrainian Jewish and Georgian Jewish immigrants to Israel. The Abergil family was of Moroccan Jewish origins, as was the Alperon family ( even though they were born in and migrated from Egypt). Russian Jews are also largely involved in organized crime in Israel, as are Georgian Jews. In Belgium we had the infamous Georgian Jewish Melikhov clan.

Assyrian crime groups are also active in any country with a large Assyrian population. There was the Chaldean mafia in Detroit, the Dlasthr/Assyrian Kings gang in Australia and the USA and also Sweden experienced major organized crime issues with the Assyrian immigrant population. Drug trafficking, extortion, armed robbery,...are all common practice.

Germany experienced a massive crime wave with the immigration of Mhallami-Lebanese refugees. They mostly live in large clans active in organized crime, as well as the occasional petty crime. Mahmoud Al-Zein was named the drug kingpin of Berlin and the Miri clan is one of the most well known crime families in all of Germany.

Armenian criminal groups are also active in countries with a large Armenian population. The Armenian Power gang in the USA is the most well known out of them, but countless Armenian crime groups also exist in Russia.

Chechen mafia gangs, the Obshina, were once said to be the most powerful in Russia, but their power has diminished somewhat. Khozh-Ahmed Noukhaev was a well-known Chechen criminal figure in Russia. Nonetheless, they are still active in any European country were there's a large Chechen population. In Belgium Chechens have tried to take over some Albanian rackets but they have been unsuccesful so far.

Azerbaijani gangs are also highly active in Russia. They aren't as well known in Western Europe, but Azerbaijani crime gangs are certainly present in the Netherlands and Germany. Mostly active in drug trafficking, but they'll go wherever a buck can be made.

North African crime gangs ( Moroccans and Algerians, mostly of Berber descent) are also working their way up in the criminal hierarchy. They used to be bands of petty thieves ( and lots of them still are) but especially in the Netherlands and France you will find that Moroccans and Algerians can be involved in major organized criminal activities. Organized armed robberies still make up a large part of their bread and butter, but a lot of them are also involved in the trafficking of marihuana and hashish and ,surprisingly, cocaine. Extortion is also common practice.

Outside of them you will find Pakistani ( of Mirpuri origin) crime groups in the UK and Indian ( largely of Jatt Sikh origin) ones in the UK and Canada. Tamil groups are also highly active in the UK and Canada. They are all involved in drug and weapon trafficking, extortion, human trafficking,...you name it.
But I don't think you can call them 'Middle Eastern' anyway.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709866
04/11/13 05:39 AM
04/11/13 05:39 AM
S
Strahd Offline OP
Associate
Strahd  Offline OP
S
Associate
...wow. just wow. thank you so much, this is some really awesome info right there. Two thumbs up.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #709868
04/11/13 06:06 AM
04/11/13 06:06 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Strahd
...wow. just wow. thank you so much, this is some really awesome info right there. Two thumbs up.

You're welcome smile

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #709874
04/11/13 07:39 AM
04/11/13 07:39 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Don't really know much about organized crime in the area itself, but there are a lot of middle easterners involved in organized crime in the USA and Europe.

Turkish, Turkish Cypriot and Kurdish crime groups are an extreme force in Europe. The Turkish Cypriot Arif gang is a force in London, along with the Kurdish Tottenham Boys and Bombacilar gangs. There are also Turkish mafia groups present in almost any other country with a substantial Turkish population, such as Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. Some of them are definitely linked to the Grey Wolves ( ethnic Turkish right-wing movement). Likewise for the Kurdish mafia groups but they are more likely to be linked to the Kurdish rebel movement PKK although this is far from always the case.

Israeli crime groups are really powerful. Even though they are mostly known for drug trafficking, they are active in about every aspect of organized crime including weapon trafficking, fraud, armed robberies, human trafficking. Israeli crime groups largely come from a couple of different backgrounds: mostly Moroccan Jewish, Russian/Ukrainian Jewish and Georgian Jewish immigrants to Israel. The Abergil family was of Moroccan Jewish origins, as was the Alperon family ( even though they were born in and migrated from Egypt). Russian Jews are also largely involved in organized crime in Israel, as are Georgian Jews. In Belgium we had the infamous Georgian Jewish Melikhov clan.

Assyrian crime groups are also active in any country with a large Assyrian population. There was the Chaldean mafia in Detroit, the Dlasthr/Assyrian Kings gang in Australia and the USA and also Sweden experienced major organized crime issues with the Assyrian immigrant population. Drug trafficking, extortion, armed robbery,...are all common practice.

Germany experienced a massive crime wave with the immigration of Mhallami-Lebanese refugees. They mostly live in large clans active in organized crime, as well as the occasional petty crime. Mahmoud Al-Zein was named the drug kingpin of Berlin and the Miri clan is one of the most well known crime families in all of Germany.

Armenian criminal groups are also active in countries with a large Armenian population. The Armenian Power gang in the USA is the most well known out of them, but countless Armenian crime groups also exist in Russia.

Chechen mafia gangs, the Obshina, were once said to be the most powerful in Russia, but their power has diminished somewhat. Khozh-Ahmed Noukhaev was a well-known Chechen criminal figure in Russia. Nonetheless, they are still active in any European country were there's a large Chechen population. In Belgium Chechens have tried to take over some Albanian rackets but they have been unsuccesful so far.

Azerbaijani gangs are also highly active in Russia. They aren't as well known in Western Europe, but Azerbaijani crime gangs are certainly present in the Netherlands and Germany. Mostly active in drug trafficking, but they'll go wherever a buck can be made.

North African crime gangs ( Moroccans and Algerians, mostly of Berber descent) are also working their way up in the criminal hierarchy. They used to be bands of petty thieves ( and lots of them still are) but especially in the Netherlands and France you will find that Moroccans and Algerians can be involved in major organized criminal activities. Organized armed robberies still make up a large part of their bread and butter, but a lot of them are also involved in the trafficking of marihuana and hashish and ,surprisingly, cocaine. Extortion is also common practice.

Outside of them you will find Pakistani ( of Mirpuri origin) crime groups in the UK and Indian ( largely of Jatt Sikh origin) ones in the UK and Canada. Tamil groups are also highly active in the UK and Canada. They are all involved in drug and weapon trafficking, extortion, human trafficking,...you name it.

how do you know so much about israeli crime groups? i am moroccan jew trust me most of the moroccan are dealing with drugs and robberies...

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: MeyerLansky] #709892
04/11/13 09:18 AM
04/11/13 09:18 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

how do you know so much about israeli crime groups? i am moroccan jew trust me most of the moroccan are dealing with drugs and robberies...

I have always been interested in any organized crime group, not just the Italians. Israeli organized crime is pretty well-known so I was interested in researching more about them. I'm not saying some people are more criminal than others, but a high percentage of the Israeli crime organizations are in fact of Moroccan Jewish or Soviet Jewish origin ( even though they are more likely to be described as part of the 'Russian mafia'). In Antwerp years ago there were a lot of Georgian Jewish criminal organizations. They were seen as part of the Russo-Israeli groups. They were nothing to be messed with.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #943920
06/16/18 03:25 AM
06/16/18 03:25 AM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss
Profile: Pakistani drug kingpin Shahbaz Khan – Smuggling heroin from the Middle East to New York City http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...ngpin-shahbaz-khan-smuggling-heroin-from

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #943927
06/16/18 04:51 AM
06/16/18 04:51 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
As mentioned above in Europe there are lot of gangs or crime groups from Middle East. In Denmark there are various Arabic and Pakistani, also Turkish gangs running business. In the city I lived it had presence of a gang named Black Army(funny as a black guy I knew told me "there is no-one actually black in that gang). Black Cobra also is active there.

Pakistani and Turkish gangs are active in UK. Netherlands have lot of Turkish and Morrocan crime groups. Germany has lot of Turkish gangs active there too.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #943938
06/16/18 11:16 AM
06/16/18 11:16 AM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke

I have always been interested in any organized crime group, not just the Italians. Israeli organized crime is pretty well-known so I was interested in researching more about them. I'm not saying some people are more criminal than others, but a high percentage of the Israeli crime organizations are in fact of Moroccan Jewish or Soviet Jewish origin ( even though they are more likely to be described as part of the 'Russian mafia'). In Antwerp years ago there were a lot of Georgian Jewish criminal organizations. They were seen as part of the Russo-Israeli groups. They were nothing to be messed with.

Thats had to do with the dynamic inside isreal. So Mizrahi Jews are on the lowest social level.
If you look at history you will found Ashkenazi groups. Frankfurt, Germany had such large European Jews OC Network. It's hard to get info but some names are Hersch and Chaim Beker some time Josef Buchmann (real estate King) was linked with this group.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #943941
06/16/18 12:15 PM
06/16/18 12:15 PM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
Iran have and had a interesting underworld. Thugs play a key role in both coup d’etat ( 1953 and 1978).
After the Islamic revolution some thugs go the LA. So maybe in the usa they were active too.

In germany (70/80) exist Iranian Groups with links to the Intelligence Agencys. They were famous gambler and pimps.

Today i think it most be something like a deep state exist. You get easily Drugs and alcohol in Iran. It is too much money for some street gangster.

Street level thugs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxjzSoOwv9w but i don't have any infos about such guys. Reminds me of russia's thief in law.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Nitro] #943942
06/16/18 01:50 PM
06/16/18 01:50 PM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
Egypt
[Linked Image]
Sabri Nakhnoukh "King of thugs" from Alexandria

@ http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsCon...-Key-thug-lifts-lid-on-Mubarakera-p.aspx

In August 2012, Nakhnoukh was arrested from his villa.
And was sentenced to 28 years in jail in May 2013. 2018 Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi pardoned him

So Cairo / Alexandria are nice place for OC groups.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: ThePolakVet] #943969
06/16/18 09:12 PM
06/16/18 09:12 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by ThePolakVet
Netherlands have lot of Turkish and Morrocan crime groups

2nd and 3rd generations.

Last edited by Hollander; 06/16/18 09:12 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #943972
06/16/18 09:22 PM
06/16/18 09:22 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Libanon and Morocco have very good hashish.. wink

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Hollander] #944000
06/17/18 07:47 AM
06/17/18 07:47 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
it's lebanon** haha

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: MeyerLansky] #944004
06/17/18 08:16 AM
06/17/18 08:16 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
it's lebanon** haha

Libanon is french, Greater Lebanon was created by France.

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #944005
06/17/18 08:22 AM
06/17/18 08:22 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
never knew
thanks

Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #944015
06/17/18 11:14 AM
06/17/18 11:14 AM
N
night_timer Offline
Capo
night_timer  Offline
N
Capo
There is all manner of criminality in the Middle East and 'religion' has no influence over their actions.

The Turks are very corrupt, the Islamic Lebanese are violent and crime-prone. They're all deadshits in my opinion.

North Africa has its fair share of thugs and street level creeps.

Armenians are very corrupt, too. When I lived in Detroit, I knew a major level Armenian OC guy who hung out drinking in the Midtown section of Detroit, especially at Jumbo's Bar or the Old Miami Bar on Cass Avenue.

To the OP, investigate whether Middle Eastern crime syndicates in the West are funnelling some of their profits back to Middle Eastern Islamic extremist movements. You'll find some interesting facts there...

Last edited by night_timer; 06/18/18 03:10 PM.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: Organized Crime in Arabia/Middle East? [Re: Strahd] #944131
06/18/18 02:54 PM
06/18/18 02:54 PM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
Some info's about Lebanese Connection

Joseph Abizeid - maronit was Drug / Arms smuggler in 70's 80's arrested in Montreal.

Rahme Clan maronit drug clan active in French and Greece.

In 70's 80's Montreal Mafia buys Hash and Heroin from Lebanese Groups.

Looks like this connection still exist.
http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...g-ring-tied-to-bikers-and-montreal-mafia

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull