GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 295 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,679
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,202
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,519
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,390
Posts1,059,987
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #712549
04/24/13 07:29 PM
04/24/13 07:29 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Btw, what ever happened to Peggy's baby from the first couple seasons? I must have missed something. confused

Also, they don't show too much of Betty these days. Not to be a man basher in this thread, but her husband is a jerk too no? LOL Come to think of it, who is the "nice" guy???? confused

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/24/13 07:31 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Mad Men [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #712552
04/24/13 07:32 PM
04/24/13 07:32 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Btw, what ever happened to Peggy's baby from the first couple seasons? I must have missed something. confused

TIS

In the Season 2 finale, when she told Pete she had his baby she said she gave it away two years before.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mad Men [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #712553
04/24/13 07:34 PM
04/24/13 07:34 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Also, they don't show too much of Betty these days. Not to be a man basher in this thread, but her husband is a jerk too no? LOL Come to think of it, who is the "nice" guy???? confused

TIS

They just had that episode of Betty looking for that girl with the violin or whatever her instrument was. I never liked Henry. I laughed when she namedropped his name to the cop trying to get out of the ticket and she still got it.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #712555
04/24/13 07:36 PM
04/24/13 07:36 PM
California

California
LOL Yea, that sort of backfired. She never looks happy. lol

Oh, and Joan was mean to the two secretaries wasn't she. She's getting to be a bitch sometimes. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Mad Men [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #712559
04/24/13 08:02 PM
04/24/13 08:02 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
LOL Yea, that sort of backfired. She never looks happy. lol

Oh, and Joan was mean to the two secretaries wasn't she. She's getting to be a bitch sometimes. lol

TIS

Yep, I didnt like the way she treated them. Interesting how it lead to Harry finally speaking up about feeling unappreciated and his ultimatum to STDP. That was enjoyable.

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #712562
04/24/13 08:09 PM
04/24/13 08:09 PM
California

California
Yes, good for Harry. I can imagine, during that time, seeing a woman as a partner really pissed him off, feeling passed over.

Joan,by prostituting herself basically, for the company, has gotten some leverage because of it. She'll likely be able to milk it out for a while. LOL

smile
TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/24/13 08:10 PM.

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #712565
04/24/13 08:10 PM
04/24/13 08:10 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Yep, too bad for those who busted their humps everyday and got passed over (like Harry for instance).

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #712906
04/27/13 02:42 AM
04/27/13 02:42 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I think Don is a jerk too. So are a few others. I guess writers do it to set up situations for characters. Myself, I don't like watching people making a lot of money crying, agonizing, and putting selves in dumb predicaments. Don and that neighbor will be caught, probably by the husband. Jon Hamm is great actor, and very handsome man. I don't want to see him cry, vomit, or act depressed all the time.

Re: Mad Men [Re: jace] #712956
04/27/13 11:32 AM
04/27/13 11:32 AM
California

California
Just thinking, are there ANY characters in the show you'd consider likeable??? At first I thought maybe Peggy, but she seems to be "changing". I can't think of one character, that I'd like. Well, maybe the new Black secretary. She seems real. Isn't there usually one character you might feel sympathetic toward? I don't know if I'd trust any of the Mad Men characters. lol

TIS

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #712970
04/27/13 12:47 PM
04/27/13 12:47 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Hi TIS! smile

I always liked Joan. Peggy too. I still feel sympathetic toward them.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Mad Men [Re: afsaneh77] #712971
04/27/13 12:53 PM
04/27/13 12:53 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Hi TIS! smile

I always liked Joan. Peggy too. I still feel sympathetic toward them.

Hey Afs (and kudos to you for your patience. wink You really hang in there).

Yea, I'm not sure where Peggy's gonna go but she seems to have changed; and Joan surprised me with her one-nighter for the sake of the business. lol Then again, it's paying off for her. LOL I still don't find any of the characters very "likeable" for some reason. Then again, maybe they aren't suppose to be.

TIS

Re: Mad Men [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #712972
04/27/13 01:14 PM
04/27/13 01:14 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Yea, I'm not sure where Peggy's gonna go but she seems to have changed; and Joan surprised me with her one-nighter for the sake of the business. lol Then again, it's paying off for her. LOL I still don't find any of the characters very "likeable" for some reason. Then again, maybe they aren't suppose to be.

TIS

Thanks TIS. smile

Yeah, I think everyone has their grey areas, and that makes them human. You know when you look at the whole picture, I think Joan and Peggy are ahead of the rest. For instance they are far better than Pete who makes me cringe whenever he is on the screen. ohwell

Re: Mad Men [Re: afsaneh77] #712973
04/27/13 01:20 PM
04/27/13 01:20 PM
California

California

TIS

Thanks TIS. smile

Yeah, I think everyone has their grey areas, and that makes them human. You know when you look at the whole picture, I think Joan and Peggy are ahead of the rest. For instance they are far better than Pete who makes me cringe whenever he is on the screen. ohwell

Oh yes, Pete, I agree. He is a real slimeball. What do you think of Don's wife?

TIS

Re: Mad Men [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #712975
04/27/13 01:34 PM
04/27/13 01:34 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Oh yes, Pete, I agree. He is a real slimeball. What do you think of Don's wife?

TIS

I feel sorry for her, but not that strongly. wink It ranges from indifference to slight pity. She doesn't know what she has gotten herself into with Don; he seems to be this guy that always has something on the side of his marriage in order to punish himself just because he feels awful about himself. And on top of that, she doesn't like what she is good at, which is advertising, but digs what she can't have: A career in acting. She is in for a rude awakening I'm afraid.

Re: Mad Men [Re: afsaneh77] #713303
04/30/13 09:55 AM
04/30/13 09:55 AM
California

California
I didn't get to watch Sunday's episode until last night. It was the best of the season thus far IMHO. smile

I love in particular how the show has reflected major incidents of the time. Probably because I remember them. When they were at the awards dinner and someone shouted that Dr. King was dead, I had to rewind because I wasn't sure what happened. Then the riots, turmoil, fear, etc. They briefly covered JFK's assassination and RFK's was in June of 68, so i assume they'll touch on that Very reflective of the times/tensions. frown

I don't like Peggy's new boss/company but am glad she seemed to show a little compassion toward her boyfriend regarding the apartment. I'm guessing she'll go back with the Draper company. Oh, and I imagine 28,000 for an apartment in NY back in the 60's was quite a bit of money no?

I read before I saw the episode that critics were surprised that when Don & his son went to see Planet Of The Apes, that the show gave away the ending of the movie. I suppose if I hadn't seen it, I'd be disappointed, but then again, most have seen it I would think.

Don's admission in the end about how he felt about his kids? uhwhat Wow, the guy has issues but hey, he was honest. And I sort of felt bad for Megan, who is pregnant.

On a sidenote, the guy who plays Mike (I think that's his name). You know, the guy who's father fixed him up on a date without him knowing? Especially that scene in the restaurant, is it just me, or did I see shades of a young Pacino? I don't know this actor, but especially during that scene something reminded me of Pacino. Take another look if you can.

TIS

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #713437
05/01/13 05:42 AM
05/01/13 05:42 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Hi TIS! smile

I just got to watch this episode. I don't think Megan is pregnant. She just had a miscarriage, or said she did in the last episode. But she said that she felt guilty that it happened and she was relieved of having to make a decision.

I liked that scene about Don's admission. I always felt that not everyone loves their kids. Some shouldn't become parents at all, I think the peer pressure and society's expectancy gets better of many into becoming parents, while they are obviously not feeling that they should.

You are talking about the young Jewish copywriter Michael Ginsberg. When I watched it, I didn't feel like he looked liked Pacino, but when I read your post I had to check it out again and you could say he is a Pacino lookalike I suppose. grin

Re: Mad Men [Re: afsaneh77] #713451
05/01/13 08:42 AM
05/01/13 08:42 AM
California

California
Hi TIS! smile

I just got to watch this episode. I don't think Megan is pregnant. She just had a miscarriage, or said she did in the last episode. But she said that she felt guilty that it happened and she was relieved of having to make a decision.

I liked that scene about Don's admission. I always felt that not everyone loves their kids. Some shouldn't become parents at all, I think the peer pressure and society's expectancy gets better of many into becoming parents, while they are obviously not feeling that they should.

You are talking about the young Jewish copywriter Michael Ginsberg. When I watched it, I didn't feel like he looked liked Pacino, but when I read your post I had to check it out again and you could say he is a Pacino lookalike I suppose. grin

Hi Afs,

Well, was more referring to his voice, his style more than his looks. For whatever reason, mostly in the restaurant scene, Pacino came to mind. confused

Oh, and that's right, I forgot about Megan's miscarriage. It's on at 10:00 p.m. here and for me, I'm usually falling asleep and catch it again on "On Demand."

Anyway, I did like that episode.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/01/13 08:43 AM.

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #713500
05/01/13 01:02 PM
05/01/13 01:02 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Oh, TIS, been there, done that. Last night I tried to watch Revenge at 11 pm and fell sleep 5 minutes into it. lol

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #714879
05/09/13 05:48 PM
05/09/13 05:48 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Have been watching since middle of season 1. This year it seems more convoluted and at times boring. I suspect Don & Megyns marriage will fail. Roger seems to have slowed down a bit, Joan is turning into a bitch, and Pete has turned into a major asshole. Other than that, I like it

Re: Mad Men [Re: bigboy] #715606
05/14/13 09:27 AM
05/14/13 09:27 AM
California

California
I got to watch Sunday's episode last night. Don't know how Don & Ted working together will work out. Peggy doesn't seem to pleased with Don's influence on Ted does she? As far as Ted goes, I still haven't really figured him out. Don't know if he's a "good guy" or not.

Bob seems to have taken a liking to Joan and Joan seems bitchier by each episode. I think having a share in the company has gone to her head. And Pete is another cold hearted character that seems to only care about work. Tries to dump his mom on his brother. lol

And WTF is up with Don, controlling Sylvia in the hotel room? LOL "crawl on your knees" "stay in bed until I come back", "Don't answer the phone again." uhwhat

I have always liked how they incorporate news events of the time as a backdrop to their story (JFK/MLK assassination, the riots of 67 and earlier a Stones concert) and last night ending with RFK's assassination showing actual news footage. Though, I must say ending with the song "Reach Out In The Darkness" seemed out of place for that particular ending. Maybe it's just me.

All and all though, I gotta say, the show is losing my interest. ohwell

TIS

Re: Mad Men [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #715746
05/15/13 02:47 AM
05/15/13 02:47 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I got to watch Sunday's episode last night. Don't know how Don & Ted working together will work out. Peggy doesn't seem to pleased with Don's influence on Ted does she? As far as Ted goes, I still haven't really figured him out. Don't know if he's a "good guy" or not.

Bob seems to have taken a liking to Joan and Joan seems bitchier by each episode. I think having a share in the company has gone to her head. And Pete is another cold hearted character that seems to only care about work. Tries to dump his mom on his brother. lol

And WTF is up with Don, controlling Sylvia in the hotel room? LOL "crawl on your knees" "stay in bed until I come back", "Don't answer the phone again." uhwhat

I have always liked how they incorporate news events of the time as a backdrop to their story (JFK/MLK assassination, the riots of 67 and earlier a Stones concert) and last night ending with RFK's assassination showing actual news footage. Though, I must say ending with the song "Reach Out In The Darkness" seemed out of place for that particular ending. Maybe it's just me.

TIS

I am losing interest at times too. They made Don too creepy. I watch it day later to zip though the commercials, which are way too many. I like the new character, Chough, who was flying plane. I liked that plane scene.

Re: Mad Men [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #715862
05/15/13 10:07 PM
05/15/13 10:07 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Really? To me the season is just starting to get good. The episode before last was real good imo.

Re: Mad Men [Re: jace] #715863
05/15/13 10:10 PM
05/15/13 10:10 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: jace
I watch it day later to zip though the commercials, which are way too many.

When the show first aired, they had one commercial break for like 5-7 minutes at the 30 minutes mark of the hour. That was great, but now I completely agree with you with the mass success/appeal of the show companies have had a field day advertising and the network keeps showing commercials every few minutes. Almost (not quite) makes me want to stream it online the day after just so I dont have to deal with the commercials.

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #715870
05/15/13 10:55 PM
05/15/13 10:55 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Really? To me the season is just starting to get good. The episode before last was real good imo.

DD,

I did like the episode before last too. It WAS the best of the season so far. I'll likely finish this season but unless it takes a turn for the better I might not tune in next season. I don't hate it, I just don't like it as much as I once did. It's getting dry for lack of a better word.

smile

TIS

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #715967
05/16/13 04:53 PM
05/16/13 04:53 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Now with the two agencies merging, There will be a bigger selection of women for Don to move on. Agree W/ Jace too many commercials. I always copy and watch thet day. next day

Last edited by bigboy; 05/16/13 04:54 PM.
Re: Mad Men [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #716103
05/18/13 01:37 AM
05/18/13 01:37 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I'll likely finish this season but unless it takes a turn for the better I might not tune in next season. I don't hate it, I just don't like it as much as I once did. It's getting dry for lack of a better word.

smile

TIS

Hi TIS. If I'm not mistaken, this is the last season of Man Men.

Re: Mad Men [Re: afsaneh77] #716266
05/19/13 12:01 AM
05/19/13 12:01 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I'll likely finish this season but unless it takes a turn for the better I might not tune in next season. I don't hate it, I just don't like it as much as I once did. It's getting dry for lack of a better word.

smile

TIS

I heard after season 5 there were going to be 2 more seasons with season 7 ending at the end of 1969. They may have since chaanged their minds though.

Re: Mad Men [Re: Camarel] #716274
05/19/13 01:25 AM
05/19/13 01:25 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: Camarel

smile

TIS

I heard after season 5 there were going to be 2 more seasons with season 7 ending at the end of 1969. They may have since chaanged their minds though.

Oh dear. Another season? ohwell

Re: Mad Men [Re: afsaneh77] #716328
05/19/13 11:17 AM
05/19/13 11:17 AM
California

California
I wasn't aware that this "could be" the last season, in which case I'm sure I'll finish it. Still, we don't know what's gonna happen and after so long I may continue to watch. Depends I guess. wink

Btw, they are not showing much of Betty this season are they?

TIS

Re: Mad Men [Re: Dapper_Don] #716329
05/19/13 11:37 AM
05/19/13 11:37 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
This is Season 6, there will be a final Season 7.

"Mad Men Season 5 proved to be the most polarizing in the show’s history to date (it even failed to snag a Golden Globe nod for Best TV Drama), but its themes of social, political and cultural upheaval – coupled with the emergence of modern domestic dissatisfaction – resonated with even the more critical viewers and fans.

Thus, anticipation remains high for the return of the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce staff, following the S5 finale – and its ominous conclusion - but proceeding what has been acknowledged as the penultimate season, before we learn Don Draper’s (Jon Hamm) ultimate fate in the seventh season."

http://screenrant.com/mad-men-season-6-premiere-date-season-7/

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull