GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 50 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,682
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
Re: Gun Control [Re: Sicilian Babe] #701160
03/06/13 12:43 AM
03/06/13 12:43 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Originally Posted By: fathersson
The mood in the chamber was anti-goverment. Several people said most gun owners would not comply with the new law.

Then they should go to jail. You can't pick the laws you like.

Yes, you are right in princple but I think you will find that the battle over this law is not over.

Even at the Federal level things are a changing and they aren't getting anywhere near what Cumo rammed (without an lube) passed the people without respect for the normal process which occurs in making a law.

By the way it sounds like you better start building a whole lot of cells. Get your tax money out to pay for them-

Also the county did pased the resolution joining many others counties in kicking back this law. So what does that tell you....that maybe just maybe the people will get this law changed which they feel is wrong by so many. It is a start. a slower start then most would like, but that is the way to do it I guess.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #701312
03/06/13 06:22 PM
03/06/13 06:22 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Hey, I have a simple solution. Guns should be in a similar category as automobiles. You must pass a test to use one, register a gun periodically, obtain insurance (so if you kill or maime someone you pay restitution), have your gun inspected, display a license. But the key is to have LAW ENFORCEMENT. That's where things breakdown.

This system would require accountability for manufacturers, sellers and users.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Gun Control [Re: MaryCas] #701315
03/06/13 06:39 PM
03/06/13 06:39 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Hey, I have a simple solution. Guns should be in a similar category as automobiles. You must pass a test to use one, register a gun periodically, obtain insurance (so if you kill or maime someone you pay restitution), have your gun inspected, display a license. But the key is to have LAW ENFORCEMENT. That's where things breakdown.

many states already have tests/training as mandatory, more so when ccw is concerned. as far as insurance, what does that do? if you assault/injure/kill someone, you can already be brought to civil court, so that accomplishes nothing besides adding additional costs that may prevent someone less finacially well off from being able to protect themselves.

as for registration, if your whole goal is to prevent crime, how on earth does registration stop someone from going crazy? before you come back with something along the lines of "it lets the government keep track of weapons", again, ask yourself how that would stop someone from doing something horrible, regardless of the fact that the government knows what you have. registration accomplishes nothing besides making the logistics of future confiscation easier, fact. similar to an inspection, how many massacres have happened because a gun was in poor condition? modern firearms don't just "go off" like you see in the movies, so if your goal was to eliminate shootings, it would make more sense to have weapons not in working order. wishful thinking from someone unfamiliar with firearms.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #701316
03/06/13 06:42 PM
03/06/13 06:42 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: MaryCas

many states already have tests/training as mandatory, more so when ccw is concerned. as far as insurance, what does that do? if you assault/injure/kill someone, you can already be brought to civil court, so that accomplishes nothing besides adding additional costs that may prevent someone less finacially well off from being able to protect themselves.

as for registration, if your whole goal is to prevent crime, how on earth does registration stop someone from going crazy? before you come back with something along the lines of "it lets the government keep track of weapons", again, ask yourself how that would stop someone from doing something horrible, regardless of the fact that the government knows what you have. registration accomplishes nothing besides making the logistics of future confiscation easier, fact. similar to an inspection, how many massacres have happened because a gun was in poor condition? modern firearms don't just "go off" like you see in the movies, so if your goal was to eliminate shootings, it would make more sense to have weapons not in working order. wishful thinking from someone unfamiliar with firearms.

wink

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Gun Control [Re: Sicilian Babe] #701331
03/06/13 08:34 PM
03/06/13 08:34 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
The mood in the chamber was anti-goverment. Several people said most gun owners would not comply with the new law.

rolleyes

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Gun Control [Re: Mignon] #701337
03/06/13 09:28 PM
03/06/13 09:28 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mignon

rolleyes

Don't worry Mignon, maybe we can all be on the same cellbock... lol The BB unit.

Three hots and a cot and maybe we could bribe the guards for some extras! lol

I'm calling top bunk tho.

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #701375
03/07/13 01:57 AM
03/07/13 01:57 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I want extra blankets in the BB unit.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Mignon] #701433
03/07/13 12:36 PM
03/07/13 12:36 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

rolleyes

So, we can simply decide which laws to obey, and which laws to disregard? Nice society you're building there. Of course, given that you didn't actually post any words, perhaps I'm misinterpreting that eye roll. Please explain if that's so.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Gun Control [Re: Sicilian Babe] #701456
03/07/13 03:23 PM
03/07/13 03:23 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

rolleyes

So, we can simply decide which laws to obey, and which laws to disregard? Nice society you're building there. Of course, given that you didn't actually post any words, perhaps I'm misinterpreting that eye roll. Please explain if that's so.

Well, if they makes ones that are wrong, or do not allow people to have a say in them.
I don't see a problem with people not following them, If they care/want to risk the penalty.
Like speeding on the thruway, not one car is doing the speed limit, but you may be the one pulled over! What about these speed traps hey have to make $$ with fines.

A place here has 4 count them 4 signs that say 40 MPH in three blocks then around a curve they drop it to 30 MPH and ten feet after the sign behind a row of hedges sits the cop cars pulling everyone over to make money. Is that fair? but it is the law....They set you up with the first signs just to tag you. You go before the judge because you feel that you have been wronged and the judge say Quilty pay the clerk $175. ($100 fine $75. court cost). Now me I just give it to a brother mason who works things out with the system. shhh wink

Ever spit on the sidewalk? Cheat on your taxes? or even cross the street againt the light? Do you license you pets?
Lets look back at history...a place called the Boston Tea Party! wink

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #701463
03/07/13 03:56 PM
03/07/13 03:56 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Did I ever spit on the sidewalk? No, because I'm not an ill-mannered piece of trash.

You can disregard certain laws all you want, but you can also be subject to the punishment that goes with your actions. Sure, I've gotten a ticket at one of those speed traps near my home, but I went to court and I was found guilty and paid my fine. Was I happy about it? No, but I broke the law and had to take the punishment that the judge gave me. Do I watch my speed more carefully now? Damn straight I do.

If you disagree with the law, if you feel the process was not correct, then there are ways to protest them. Disobeying them is not an option, unless you want to go to court.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Sicilian Babe] #701480
03/07/13 05:32 PM
03/07/13 05:32 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

rolleyes

Should I obey some laws and disregard other ones? No but saying that don't mean I have to like them either.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #701484
03/07/13 06:13 PM
03/07/13 06:13 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
any law based on an emotional, knee jerk reaction to a very isolated incident which would turn otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals isn't worth the paper it was printed on.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 03/07/13 06:14 PM.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #701497
03/07/13 08:42 PM
03/07/13 08:42 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Or to further their own agenda.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Sicilian Babe] #701499
03/07/13 09:00 PM
03/07/13 09:00 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

You can disregard certain laws all you want, but you can also be subject to the punishment that goes with your actions.

WOW, just what I said in my post..good to see that we agree on things! clap

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #701500
03/07/13 09:04 PM
03/07/13 09:04 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
If you disagree with the law, if you feel the process was not correct, then there are ways to protest them...[i][/i]Yes there is..see them in Albany below!

http://alloveralbany.com/archive/2013/02/28/scenes-from-the-rally-to-repeal-the-ny-safe-act?new

Last edited by fathersson; 03/07/13 09:07 PM.

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #701501
03/07/13 09:15 PM
03/07/13 09:15 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
If you disagree with the law, if you feel the process was not correct, then there are ways to protest them...[i][/i]Yes there is..see them in Albany below!

http://alloveralbany.com/archive/2013/02/28/scenes-from-the-rally-to-repeal-the-ny-safe-act?new

And that's their right - the right to assemble, something more people should take advantage of. However, I wouldn't get too excited. I read there were several thousand that showed up, but that's hardly representative of the state's population of almost 20 million.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Sicilian Babe] #701503
03/07/13 09:27 PM
03/07/13 09:27 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

And that's their right - the right to assemble, something more people should take advantage of. However, I wouldn't get too excited. I read there were several thousand that showed up, but that's hardly representative of the state's population of almost 20 million.

Oh, so negative you are. People do have to work you know... lol

now if they revolt you may see them all out at once! lol

You should follow up on what I have posted about the local people protesting... their leglislaters in their counties...research and you will see how many have voted to do just that against the safe act!
It has happened and you will see it get bigger and bigger...watch....and they all vote too. wink

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #701722
03/08/13 10:16 PM
03/08/13 10:16 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Gun Control [Re: Lilo] #703181
03/15/13 02:34 PM
03/15/13 02:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Now don't shoot the messenger (no gun pun intended). I'm just posting this nightmare of a news story to revive this thread.

A Tennesssee father accidentally shot and killed his ten month old son yesterday:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15...tm_hp_ref=crime

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #703188
03/15/13 02:43 PM
03/15/13 02:43 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
and to balance it out, boy grabs gun, sends suspects fleeing, stopping sexual assault. weird though, msnbc didn't run this story, guess they forgot! shhh

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Boy-grabs-gun-sends-suspects-fleeing--195968391.html

Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #703192
03/15/13 02:47 PM
03/15/13 02:47 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline OP
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
and to balance it out, boy grabs gun, sends suspects fleeing, stopping sexual assault. weird though, msnbc didn't run this story, guess they forgot! shhh

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Boy-grabs-gun-sends-suspects-fleeing--195968391.html

He should have shot them. Looks like it would have been a freebie.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #703202
03/15/13 02:56 PM
03/15/13 02:56 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
He should have shot them. Looks like it would have been a freebie.

agreed, but he was probably so high on adrenaline that he was incapable of making any quick decisions. nice to see that they caught the guys though. people can say whatever they want about texas, but the criminals generally get what's coming to them there!

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 03/15/13 02:57 PM.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #703214
03/15/13 03:22 PM
03/15/13 03:22 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Now don't shoot the messenger (no gun pun intended). I'm just posting this nightmare of a news story to revive this thread.

A Tennesssee father accidentally shot and killed his ten month old son yesterday:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15...tm_hp_ref=crime

"you will shoot your eye out"
Every shooting is now top spot on the news...keep driving home that guns are so bad for the world!
And cruise ships are bad also---- lol

But truth being...this is as bad as a parent backing over their child in the driveway! a real heart breaker. A parents worst nightmare, one I would never wish on anyone. It is one of the tuffest services to have to do.

Last edited by fathersson; 03/15/13 03:23 PM.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #703218
03/15/13 03:39 PM
03/15/13 03:39 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
the story that pizzaboy posted is sad, but i can't fucking stand this "accidentally discharged" excuse that shows up almost every single time. modern firearms don't just "go off", in almost every single case the person had their finger on the trigger, but was just too embarrassed to admit it. a real simple piece of advice: keep your finger off the trigger and this kind of shit just won't happen.

certain firearms, like the 1911, may very rarely go off if dropped due to the almost free floating inertia driven firing pin, but again, that is the extreme exception and not the rule. its impossible for that to happen with any of the modern striker fired weapons, such as the many glock models which are extremely popular these days. bottom line, accidents happen all the time, and people die. the best thing that we can do is to try and learn from them.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #703225
03/15/13 03:55 PM
03/15/13 03:55 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
And anyone whose loaded gun somehow "accidentally" ends up in the hands of a minor or who accidentally discharges a firearm in the presence of a minor, should never be allowed to own so much as a water pistol.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #703231
03/15/13 04:13 PM
03/15/13 04:13 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
On Uzi's they have a safety you have to squeeze as you pull the trigger, it's on the back of the trigger assembly and you have to squeeze it each time you pull the trigger or it won't fire. I read they put it there so the gun wouldn't accidently fire when paratroopers hit the ground. Of course that was on the open bolt SMG's but they carried that safety over to all the semi auto's that were imported into the country back in the 1980's before they got banned.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #703297
03/15/13 08:58 PM
03/15/13 08:58 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

just for the record they did, i saw it on msnbc last friday

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #703332
03/15/13 11:54 PM
03/15/13 11:54 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
And nobody has mentioned the Herkimer County, NY shooting in which four people were killed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/13/herkimer-county-shooting_n_2867414.html

Re: Gun Control [Re: Sicilian Babe] #703357
03/16/13 09:17 AM
03/16/13 09:17 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
And nobody has mentioned the Herkimer County, NY shooting in which four people were killed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/13/herkimer-county-shooting_n_2867414.html

This happen not to far from us here. A real nut case. Again in an area where no one would ever think that a nut job would go off and kill complete strangers after burning down his own home.

BTW- did anyone also see the young man who carjacked a lady by KNIFE POINT from the mall, took her and her 10 year old daughter out to a dark road and raped the daughter and killed the mother. While he was stabbing the mother the girl got away and got to people who helped her and put the word out getting the bastard.

This happened in another good area where nothing really happens.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #703495
03/16/13 08:41 PM
03/16/13 08:41 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Last week our newspaper ran an article that on average, 87 people are killed EACH DAY by guns.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull