GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ben54), 64 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,684
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: jonnynonos] #720938
06/18/13 09:51 AM
06/18/13 09:51 AM
Jenkins Offline
Made Member
Jenkins  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
From what I've heard there isn't much doubt it was Tony Pro and I've also heard Sheerin's book is pretty credible.

Apparently they did not want Hoffa to run for president of the Teamsters again because they had a good thing going with Frank Fritzsimmons running it, but Hoffa was going to run again anyway.

The Hoffa stuff in the book sounds plausible but he also claims to have killed Joe Gallo which makes me question the whole thing.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #720948
06/18/13 10:42 AM
06/18/13 10:42 AM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
I heard earlier on the news this morning that a previous Hoffa dig cost tax payers $150,000, we should really stop looking and digging at this point if that number is accurate.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721080
06/18/13 09:12 PM
06/18/13 09:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Interview video with Zerilli

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/zerilli-talks-about-jimmy-hoffa-search

Anyone want to buy a personally autographed photo of Zerilli? whistle

http://www.hoffafound.com/

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721139
06/19/13 11:29 AM
06/19/13 11:29 AM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721143
06/19/13 12:16 PM
06/19/13 12:16 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
If this was the most credible lead they've had so far,then maybe their lead criteria needs re-evaluated.They went on the word of a brokester has-been.Zerilli wasn't in on the hit, but he convinced the Feds that the hearsay he was offering was gold.

The original case agent didn't believe him,and said so.Zerilli just released an online manuscript,at the urging of his wife,so what better blitz advertising? Actually Zerilli is pretty slick.
He sells a book without having to print it, and gets publicity for it without buying ad time. Maybe he picks up a few Media appearances.
I think the most telling item is that the paperwork that the FBI filed in support of the search warrant is still "under seal".

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721200
06/19/13 05:09 PM
06/19/13 05:09 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
By SHIMON PROKUPECZ NBCNewYork.com updated 2 hours 15 minutes ago

Possible human remains have been found by FBI and NYPD organized crime investigators digging at the home of a former mobster who inspired Robert DeNiro's character in the movie "Goodfellas."

Law enforcement officials told NBC 4 New York Wednesday that the potential bones were found buried in the ground, along with other evidence now being sent for testing.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: olivant] #721203
06/19/13 05:36 PM
06/19/13 05:36 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: olivant
By SHIMON PROKUPECZ NBCNewYork.com updated 2 hours 15 minutes ago

Possible human remains have been found by FBI and NYPD organized crime investigators digging at the home of a former mobster who inspired Robert DeNiro's character in the movie "Goodfellas."

Law enforcement officials told NBC 4 New York Wednesday that the potential bones were found buried in the ground, along with other evidence now being sent for testing.

This has already been posted here - http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=720833#Post720833

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721208
06/19/13 06:18 PM
06/19/13 06:18 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Why is Zerilli talking about Hoffa is he trying to hurt Jack or is he broke as hell now.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721212
06/19/13 06:35 PM
06/19/13 06:35 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Why do people still care about Hoffa? Why does the government spend millions on this garbage?

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721265
06/19/13 08:16 PM
06/19/13 08:16 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
FBI ends hunt for Jimmy Hoffa's remains

The excavation of a rural field in suburban Detroit has failed to turn up the remains of former Teamsters union leader Jimmy Hoffa, the FBI announced Wednesday, adding another unsuccessful chapter to a nearly 40-year-old mystery.

Authorities stopped the dig after just a few hours on the third day.

"We did not uncover any evidence relevant to the investigation on James Hoffa," said Robert Foley, head of the FBI in Detroit.

"I am very confident of our result here after two-days-plus of diligent effort," he said. "As of this point, we'll be closing down the excavation operation."

Members of the FBI evidence response team look over an area being cleared in Oakland Township, Mich. yesterday.

Authorities have pursued multiple leads as to Hoffa's whereabouts since his disappearance in 1975. He was last seen outside an Oakland County restaurant where he was to meet with a New Jersey Teamsters boss and a Detroit Mafia captain.

The latest tip about Hoffa's remains came from reputed Mafia captain Tony Zerilli, who, through his lawyer, said Hoffa was buried beneath a concrete slab in a barn in Oakland Township, north of Detroit.

The barn is gone, but FBI agents on Monday starting poring over the field where it used to stand.

On Tuesday, authorities used a backhoe to dig and move dirt around in the section of land. Authorities also called in forensic anthropologists from Michigan State University and cadaver dogs from the Michigan State Police.

"Certainly, we're disappointed" in the results, Foley told reporters Wednesday.

He said about 40 agents were involved in an operation that covered about an acre. The FBI has not put a cost on the search, but Foley said it's more important to solve a case.

"With any investigation we consider cost-benefits analysis," he said. "The FBI and its partners are no corporations. We do not have a profit margin as a bottom line."

Hoffa's rise in the Teamsters, his 1964 conviction for jury tampering and his presumed murder are Detroit's link to a time when organized crime, public corruption and mob hits held the nation's attention. Over the years, authorities have received various tips, leading the FBI to possible burial sites near and far.

In 2003, a backyard swimming pool was dug up 90 miles northwest of Detroit. Seven years ago, a tip from an ailing federal inmate led to a two-week search and excavation at a horse farm in the same region. Last year, soil samples were taken from under the concrete floor of a backyard shed north of the city. And detectives even pulled up floorboards at a Detroit house in 2004.

No evidence of Hoffa was found.

Other theories have suggested he was entombed in concrete at Giants Stadium in New Jersey, ground up and thrown in a Florida swamp or obliterated in a mob-owned fat-rendering plant.

Zerilli, now 85, was in prison for organized crime when Hoffa disappeared. But he told New York TV station WNBC in January that he was informed about Hoffa's whereabouts after his release. His attorney, David Chasnick, said Zerilli is "intimately involved" with people who know where the body is buried.

Details are in a manuscript Zerilli is selling online.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fbi_ends_hunt_for_jimmy_hoffa_no_. Looks like the feds finally gave up, wasted millions of tax payer dollars on the word of an old criminal, what a joke.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721330
06/20/13 02:02 AM
06/20/13 02:02 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Can Zerilli get in trouble if they believe he intentionally sent them on wild goose chase to publicize an upcoming book? Every so often another person comes along and gives information on where Hoffa is, I believe they should be prosecuted for giving false information. It costs us a lot of money and manpower to dig up those sites. It is a crime to give false information, but are they using loopholes in that law, or some other means of getting into trouble?

Last edited by jace; 06/20/13 02:10 AM.
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721376
06/20/13 10:46 AM
06/20/13 10:46 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
It seems like Zerilli has definitely fooled the feds big time. But they were obligated to take this lead seriously. They just did their job.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: MacombGuy] #721413
06/20/13 01:06 PM
06/20/13 01:06 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
I guess they "could have" relocated the body after it was buried, but it seems like STRIKE THREE you're out...

Re: Search for Hoffa imminent based on Zerilli's claim [Re: jace] #721481
06/20/13 09:24 PM
06/20/13 09:24 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: jace
Can Zerilli get in trouble if they believe he intentionally sent them on wild goose chase to publicize an upcoming book? Every so often another person comes along and gives information on where Hoffa is, I believe they should be prosecuted for giving false information. It costs us a lot of money and manpower to dig up those sites. It is a crime to give false information, but are they using loopholes in that law, or some other means of getting into trouble?
although it is a crime to lie to the fbi during a criminal investigation, i dont think they would go after zirelli for it bc they would have to prove he did it knowingly and all zirelli would have to say is thats where i was told the body was.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull