GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 179 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,302
Posts1,058,259
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #699589
02/25/13 03:43 PM
02/25/13 03:43 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
Thats what my coach told me when i tore my acl

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: Skinny] #699721
02/25/13 09:28 PM
02/25/13 09:28 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
East Harlem: I'm not trying to bulk up, just trying to maintain a little definition. At my age, that's all I can hope for.

Southend: Squats aren't good for my back. I run steep hills, which are good for my legs, especially calves.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Did you work out today? [Re: Turnbull] #700062
02/27/13 12:07 PM
02/27/13 12:07 PM
Massachusetts
southend Offline OP
Underboss
southend  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
No pull ups? You could watch a movie on my back! For some reason I always thought it was because of the pull downs?

The routine i posted was what i did on that one particular back day, i do pullup's every couple of weeks, either weighted or regular. They are a must,for sure. I'd say i don't do them often enough i'll admit that.

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
East Harlem: I'm not trying to bulk up, just trying to maintain a little definition. At my age, that's all I can hope for.

Southend: Squats aren't good for my back. I run steep hills, which are good for my legs, especially calves.

I see. If you feel that what you do satisfies you,then ok. But if you want results for your legs the steep hills simply are just not enough. Forget the weight and try some body squats which are exactly that,squats, with no barbell or any weight(i'm sure you knew this). Walking lunges and toe-touches would be good for the hamstrings too. If using a barbell hurts your back, think about using a medicine ball or kettlebell...

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #700382
02/28/13 11:43 PM
02/28/13 11:43 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I do love weighted dips which is basically a decline move but they are great for chest and triceps development.

Anyway that's all thanks everyone and I'd love to get a thread going where those of us who are interested can discuss working out/nutrition/gym/fitness and stuff related. [/quote]

I am interested in the weighted dips, please expalin the decline move. Is this flat on the Bench?

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Did you work out today? [Re: DuesPaid] #700425
03/01/13 08:56 AM
03/01/13 08:56 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: DuesPaid
I do love weighted dips which is basically a decline move but they are great for chest and triceps development.

Anyway that's all thanks everyone and I'd love to get a thread going where those of us who are interested can discuss working out/nutrition/gym/fitness and stuff related.

I am interested in the weighted dips, please expalin the decline move. Is this flat on the Bench?

[/quote]

I love doing weighted dips on a frame with a 50 pound plate attached to my weight belt, makes your triceps explode!!!

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: DuesPaid] #700490
03/01/13 01:52 PM
03/01/13 01:52 PM
Massachusetts
southend Offline OP
Underboss
southend  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts

Anyway that's all thanks everyone and I'd love to get a thread going where those of us who are interested can discuss working out/nutrition/gym/fitness and stuff related.

[/quote]

Dips are considered a decline for chest because the range of motion primarily targets your lower pecs just like the decline barbell press. But dips are also great because they hit not only your lower chest but you feel a pump around your outer chest and front delts too and of course your triceps. To me i think doing weighted dips is more beneficial than the decline bench thats my personal opinion.

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #700601
03/01/13 11:52 PM
03/01/13 11:52 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Thank you for the info.

I will put all to practice.

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #702975
03/14/13 06:59 PM
03/14/13 06:59 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
What is best When doing curls, sitting or standing?

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: DuesPaid] #703587
03/17/13 10:51 AM
03/17/13 10:51 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline OP
Underboss
southend  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts
What is best When doing curls, sitting or standing?

DP

For barbell curls, do them standing up. Standing Barbell curls should be your bread and butter of your arms workouts,i mean when it comes to building overall biceps mass atleast

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #704115
03/19/13 03:30 PM
03/19/13 03:30 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Thanks Southend.

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #704863
03/21/13 08:57 PM
03/21/13 08:57 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I did this, ( Chest) - not sure if total correct moves but I did the routine. I am going for the Triceps routine you mentioned next. Not a lot of wieght but enough for me to feel it and benefits.

Thanks for the core direction of reps for a solid workout.

CHEST:
Flat Dumbell Press - 4 sets/10-12
Incline HammerStrength Press - 4 sets/8-12
Incline Dumbell Flye - 3 sets/8-10
Decline Barbell Press - 4 sets/8-10

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: DuesPaid] #705314
03/23/13 03:05 PM
03/23/13 03:05 PM
Massachusetts
southend Offline OP
Underboss
southend  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts
I did this, ( Chest) - not sure if total correct moves but I did the routine. I am going for the Triceps routine you mentioned next. Not a lot of wieght but enough for me to feel it and benefits.

Thanks for the core direction of reps for a solid workout.

CHEST:
Flat Dumbell Press - 4 sets/10-12
Incline HammerStrength Press - 4 sets/8-12
Incline Dumbell Flye - 3 sets/8-10
Decline Barbell Press - 4 sets/8-10

DP

Keep your workouts similar to that and watch your chest grow believe me. Glad to see u take some of my tips I'm always willing to answer your questions long as it helps u in the gym, keep up the hard work

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #705990
03/25/13 09:39 PM
03/25/13 09:39 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Thank you, I'm still at it. Switching it up with other routines but really looking forward to this workout again which will be tomorrow and Friday this week.

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #706091
03/26/13 04:58 AM
03/26/13 04:58 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
I'm really hitting a wall with my bodybuilding/powerlifting. Hit a decent size for my frame which is an ectomorph but would love more size and strength. currently 6 foot 1 and 200 pounds. Tried most supplements, currently I'm on serious mass by gold standard, along with their normal protein shake. Also take C4 as a pre and Celltech for creatine.
Me and my house mate have been considering juicing recently but can anyone suggest how to break through your bodies natural barriers without? I do a lot of compound powerlifting and also bodybuilding.

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: NickyScarfo] #706190
03/26/13 02:33 PM
03/26/13 02:33 PM
Massachusetts
southend Offline OP
Underboss
southend  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I'm really hitting a wall with my bodybuilding/powerlifting. Hit a decent size for my frame which is an ectomorph but would love more size and strength. currently 6 foot 1 and 200 pounds. Tried most supplements, currently I'm on serious mass by gold standard, along with their normal protein shake. Also take C4 as a pre and Celltech for creatine.
Me and my house mate have been considering juicing recently but can anyone suggest how to break through your bodies natural barriers without? I do a lot of compound powerlifting and also bodybuilding.

What i can suggest if you want more size and strength (who doesnt) is this. You want more size you need to not only eat the right foods but you need to be eating enough and never substitue quality solid food with a protein shake EVER.Allow yourself a cheat day once a week and eat whatever you want.You need to be consuming about 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.Like cottage cheese?Tolerate it?Eat a couple servings of it before bed with crackers or whatever,it contains casein protein which breaks down in your body slower than whey,therefore providing your body with proteins throughout the hours you are asleep.Bottom line:EAT EAT EAT!
And to build more strength i know you say you do a combination of powerlifting/bodybuilding as your style of training. Are you taking atleast one day a week in the gym to work on your one rep max,like on the bench,or with your deads or squats? You should if you really want to up your strength.

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #706851
03/28/13 11:32 PM
03/28/13 11:32 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Leg routine
--------------------------------------

Today i'll be throwin my legs a severe beating...

Squats - 5 sets/8-12
Leg Press - 4 sets/8-15
Front Squat - 4 sets/10-12
Lying Hamstring Curl - 4 sets/5-10
Walking Barbell Lunges - 3 sets -><-
Quad Extensions - 4 sets/to failure

[/quote]

Did legs today, each set was 4 of 10
Got these out excluding the last two on list. Not sure I could do again, already feeling it and certainly will feel tomorrow.
Ran Track many years ago so legs have strength, but man the swats are brutal.

If I attempt this routine for legs again may cut it in half and add something else,
Maybe Monday, Not a spring chicken anymore.

Thanks

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #706879
03/29/13 05:18 AM
03/29/13 05:18 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Originally Posted By: southend

What i can suggest if you want more size and strength (who doesnt) is this. You want more size you need to not only eat the right foods but you need to be eating enough and never substitue quality solid food with a protein shake EVER.Allow yourself a cheat day once a week and eat whatever you want.You need to be consuming about 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.Like cottage cheese?Tolerate it?Eat a couple servings of it before bed with crackers or whatever,it contains casein protein which breaks down in your body slower than whey,therefore providing your body with proteins throughout the hours you are asleep.Bottom line:EAT EAT EAT!
And to build more strength i know you say you do a combination of powerlifting/bodybuilding as your style of training. Are you taking atleast one day a week in the gym to work on your one rep max,like on the bench,or with your deads or squats? You should if you really want to up your strength.

Yeah dude thanks some good points, had heard about the cottage cheese thing. Yep I always look for my one rep max on my compounds, always trying to push it up. They are slowly creeping up but very slowly now after about 3 years of training.

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: NickyScarfo] #707173
03/30/13 10:33 AM
03/30/13 10:33 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline OP
Underboss
southend  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts
Leg routine
--------------------------------------

Today i'll be throwin my legs a severe beating...

Squats - 5 sets/8-12
Leg Press - 4 sets/8-15
Front Squat - 4 sets/10-12
Lying Hamstring Curl - 4 sets/5-10
Walking Barbell Lunges - 3 sets -><-
Quad Extensions - 4 sets/to failure

Did legs today, each set was 4 of 10
Got these out excluding the last two on list. Not sure I could do again, already feeling it and certainly will feel tomorrow.
Ran Track many years ago so legs have strength, but man the swats are brutal.

If I attempt this routine for legs again may cut it in half and add something else,
Maybe Monday, Not a spring chicken anymore.

Thanks

DP[/quote]

Great leg routine DP. Very similar to what my own would look like. Keep doing what your doing and watch the results!

Originally Posted By: southend

Yeah dude thanks some good points, had heard about the cottage cheese thing. Yep I always look for my one rep max on my compounds, always trying to push it up. They are slowly creeping up but very slowly now after about 3 years of training.

So your primary concern as far as boosting strength is to get stronger with your bench deadlift and squat. Set up an adjustable bench(or non-adjustable,long as its not bolted to the floor) inside the power rack at your gym. Set the bars at a level where you usually hit your sticking point in the pressing- up-phase of your bench press. Load up your bar and press from there. In other words, these are called "partials". Do these Nicky, n thank me later wink lol. You can also do partial-rep dead lifts using the same technique with the power rack, I'll suggest setting the pins at about mid-shin level.

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #707176
03/30/13 10:37 AM
03/30/13 10:37 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Thanks Southend I have heard about partials being good. I also really want to start using chains and bands on the barbell for deads and Bench, have you ever used?

Duespaid, I just got back from my leg day, barely can walk. One thing I would mention don't forget your calf's, do your donkey and calf raises.

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #707177
03/30/13 10:38 AM
03/30/13 10:38 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
South, seriously where do you get all the energy! Unreal! I get tired reading your work outs!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Did you work out today? [Re: NickyScarfo] #707201
03/30/13 01:47 PM
03/30/13 01:47 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Thanks Southend I have heard about partials being good. I also really want to start using chains and bands on the barbell for deads and Bench, have you ever used?

Duespaid, I just got back from my leg day, barely can walk. One thing I would mention don't forget your calf's, do your donkey and calf raises.

Partials can be beneficial. But first analyze your lifts. Are you articulating through the full range of the lift or are your lifts, in effect, just partials? Many times I see lifters whose bench is not full range. The bar never touches the chest or, if it does, they bounce it off the chest - they cheat. On the top side of the lift, they never get full extension. So, naturally, they end up not developing maximum strength throughout the range of the lift. Do your partials, but only if you've performed full range lifts.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #707284
03/30/13 09:28 PM
03/30/13 09:28 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Yeah its full range. Powerlifting technique

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #707506
03/31/13 11:00 PM
03/31/13 11:00 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Im back on it in morning. I planned Monday for legs again and will do with a possible addition of the others not included with last routine.

Must do some cardio as well, need to burn the hours of Feasting today on every Italian meat known to man, not to mention the Lamb / ham / Lazzangna.

I was very good with Deserts though, my brothers and all the guys too, lately that seams to be big for the wife's, women and children. I guess its always been like that but I never noticed really.

Two days I felt that leg workout, I will stretch a little better before and after this time also.

Thanks, happy EASTER.

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: NickyScarfo] #707509
03/31/13 11:11 PM
03/31/13 11:11 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Thanks NS, I will add these for the morning routine.
I will get through them and the full routine, It has to be done to payoff on the over indulging today.

Happy Easter Nicky

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #707528
04/01/13 01:30 AM
04/01/13 01:30 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Happy easter Dues, keep up the lifting!

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: NickyScarfo] #707580
04/01/13 11:55 AM
04/01/13 11:55 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline OP
Underboss
southend  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts

I don't use them but bands and chains are both great ways to tweak your workouts. Chains can be really beneficial because of the unique way they provide added weight. Im sure you know this Nicky, that when u use a chain for let's just say the flat-bench... The higher your press the bar, the heavier the load gets as the chains are being lifted off the floor too. Awesome if you ask me. Bands are good to attach to hammer strength machines. Theyre also great for strengthening rotator cuffs,warming up and stuff like that.

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: DuesPaid] #707662
04/01/13 05:20 PM
04/01/13 05:20 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Thanks NS, I will add these for the morning routine.
I will get through them and the full routine, It has to be done to payoff on the over indulging today.

Happy Easter Nicky

DP

Thanks South & Nick; I got through the leg routine again. The leg routine South posted is what I have been trying to complete. I also added the Donkey Calf Raises today ( not sure if i was doing correctly but felt it really pulling in calf). I think my legs are getting it good and not as bad as last week but feeling the squats more on the shoulders today. Workout was early this morning around 8am and still feeling good in the legs.

Thanks for all the info South & Nick.

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #708031
04/03/13 07:41 AM
04/03/13 07:41 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline OP
Underboss
southend  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts
Deadlifts today boys awwwwww sshhhiiiiitttt

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #708522
04/05/13 10:28 AM
04/05/13 10:28 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Shoulders hurting this week. Back legs and arms feeling really good.

May double up today with some cardio later.
Treadmill or a nice long walk outside, if its not raining.

DP

Re: Did you work out today? [Re: southend] #708745
04/06/13 10:46 AM
04/06/13 10:46 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Heading down for my routine now. Sometimes I go into my workout saying to myself, I am only going to do half or not going to do a full routine. But while working through it , I always manage to do the full plan and not sure if thats a good thing or bad. Sometimes feel I am not listening to my body when it may need a rest.

Not sure, I guess its good I do the entire routine. No Pain no gain, no injuries, just sore sholders mostly. Legs do not even hurt so bad any longer after my Monday routine. I take Sundays off.

DP

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24