GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 344 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,314
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: gamms] #692953
01/26/13 03:38 PM
01/26/13 03:38 PM
cheech Offline
Underboss
cheech  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gamms
frank got put under jackie.just likw hal irving and joe ds book. being johns piss boy was the best thing that ever happened to him.

interesting you bring up hal...wonder if anyone has ever written a book on him

When Interpol?
Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: azguy] #693000
01/27/13 01:39 AM
01/27/13 01:39 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: azguy
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
jackie Noss is a bitch

Really, why ??

Is he out of jail now..??

He was released last June and was on supervised release.

Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: ovation32] #693035
01/27/13 01:19 PM
01/27/13 01:19 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
I dont get whats the difference between probation and supervised release?

Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: ovation32] #693036
01/27/13 01:26 PM
01/27/13 01:26 PM
Chicagoland
SgWaue86 Offline
Capo
SgWaue86  Offline
Capo
Chicagoland
I was under the impression that probation is for someone who has not been sectenced to prison and parole is for someone who has. I know out my way there different types of probation for unsupervised to ISP(intence supervised probation) and if you go to the joint then theres diffent level's of parole. I can only speak for state cases though i have no idea how the fed's work but i assume it's along the same guidelines.

Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: ovation32] #693056
01/27/13 02:08 PM
01/27/13 02:08 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Yeah the most ive ever done is appear in court and pay a fine.

Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: Skinny] #693068
01/27/13 03:27 PM
01/27/13 03:27 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Skinny

Supervised Release your going to have to report they come to your house they can do that with probation but its not mandatory it depends on what type of probation your on Ex. Reporting Probation or Non-Reporting

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #693071
01/27/13 04:09 PM
01/27/13 04:09 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Originally Posted By: Skinny

Supervised Release your going to have to report they come to your house they can do that with probation but its not mandatory it depends on what type of probation your on Ex. Reporting Probation or Non-Reporting

I mentioned this in another thread. NJ has whats called the "Intensive Supervision Program". You get released from prison but the PO controls your life. It's very Intensive as the name say's. I think this is the program Drew Micali got out on after he was sentenced to 5 years NJ state time. They pretty much control every aspect of your life for the duration of the sentence, but i guess it's better then being in prison.

It's really not parole, after you enter the prison system to begin serving your sentence you can apply for the program.

Other states might have similar programs, but i'm just familiar with the one in NJ.

Here's the official site for the program.

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/probsup/isp_intro.htm

Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: Giancarlo] #693100
01/27/13 10:57 PM
01/27/13 10:57 PM
Slapout, Alabama
R
ronnie_little Offline
Made Member
ronnie_little  Offline
R
Made Member
Slapout, Alabama
A little off topic but what happened to the soldiers electing the family Consigliere. It seems the boss appoints them now.

Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: ronnie_little] #693124
01/28/13 07:13 AM
01/28/13 07:13 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: ronnie_little
A little off topic but what happened to the soldiers electing the family Consigliere. It seems the boss appoints them now.

You are right, Ronnie. In the past, a consigliere was elected by all the members which was essential because of the fact that he was meant to be a counselor to all members and a spokesman for them in front of the boss. In this day and age, when a gathering of 200 plus mafia members taking a vote can easily be interrupted by LE, I think the Families have adopted another way of electing the consigliere. However, I do not think that the boss, and only him, is appointing the consigliere. That would be undermining the soldiers and captains trust with the consigliere who is the one who is designated to represent their interests. I think today, especially with the bigger Families, the consigliere is appointed by the administration and a number of captains.

John Gotti was full aware of the traditional way of electing a consigliere. He was once caught talking to Joe N Gallo, threatening him with demotion if Gallo wasn´t going to accept Gotti´s takeover. Gotti said that he could easily replace all the captains in the Family by his men and that these captains would then have a vote of replacing Gallo with a new consigliere more to Gotti´s liking.

Gravano never talks about the traditional way of electing a consigliere. Most likely because he had overlooked this important tool of keeping the power balance within the Family. Or perhaps he never fully understood it himself, amazing considering he served as an acting consigliere for a couple of years.
In his testimonies, Massino doesn´t mention the traditional process of electing consiglieres either. I don´t think that he was ever asked about it which is a shame in my opinion. Every Mafia buff and every Mafia watcher who is interested in this aspect of the traditional way of running a Family, I´m sure, agrees with me.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: ovation32] #693136
01/28/13 01:51 PM
01/28/13 01:51 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Tradition had been that the Capo's elect the consiglieres in the past, not individual soldiers. This seems to have been done away with over the past 25 or so years.

The idea and a good one at that was for a separation of power at the top and for the consigliere to be 100% impartial in mediating disputes, even if it was against the boss.

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: HairyKnuckles] #693223
01/29/13 12:00 AM
01/29/13 12:00 AM
Slapout, Alabama
R
ronnie_little Offline
Made Member
ronnie_little  Offline
R
Made Member
Slapout, Alabama
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: ronnie_little

You are right, Ronnie. In the past, a consigliere was elected by all the members which was essential because of the fact that he was meant to be a counselor to all members and a spokesman for them in front of the boss. In this day and age, when a gathering of 200 plus mafia members taking a vote can easily be interrupted by LE, I think the Families have adopted another way of electing the consigliere. However, I do not think that the boss, and only him, is appointing the consigliere. That would be undermining the soldiers and captains trust with the consigliere who is the one who is designated to represent their interests. I think today, especially with the bigger Families, the consigliere is appointed by the administration and a number of captains.

John Gotti was full aware of the traditional way of electing a consigliere. He was once caught talking to Joe N Gallo, threatening him with demotion if Gallo wasn´t going to accept Gotti´s takeover. Gotti said that he could easily replace all the captains in the Family by his men and that these captains would then have a vote of replacing Gallo with a new consigliere more to Gotti´s liking.

Gravano never talks about the traditional way of electing a consigliere. Most likely because he had overlooked this important tool of keeping the power balance within the Family. Or perhaps he never fully understood it himself, amazing considering he served as an acting consigliere for a couple of years.
In his testimonies, Massino doesn´t mention the traditional process of electing consiglieres either. I don´t think that he was ever asked about it which is a shame in my opinion. Every Mafia buff and every Mafia watcher who is interested in this aspect of the traditional way of running a Family, I´m sure, agrees with me.

Thanks Hairy

Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: ovation32] #693229
01/29/13 12:18 AM
01/29/13 12:18 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Whatever the traditional role of the consigliere was at one time, if you look at more recent examples, they're much more hands-on, i.e. running their own crew, directly involved in crimes, etc. I think it's mostly up to the boss but he has to take into account inter-family politics. So, if the boss is from one faction/area of the family, he may give the position to another to keep the peace. Of course, this is if a family is even using the traditional administration model and not simply an acting boss or ruling panel.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: ovation32] #696732
02/14/13 09:12 PM
02/14/13 09:12 PM
johnnyboysala Offline
Made Member
johnnyboysala  Offline
Made Member
Could Patsy Conte be acting consig while Jojo and Bobby are out of the game? as Gamms said, a consig in jail isnt much use. Patsy's been around a long time, would have seen enough to advise on most situations. plus i read somewhere it was him that recommended Dom for induction so relations with the boss could still be good. Plus he was born in Palermo, so the Sicilian thing stands up. Just an idea

Re: Gambino Consigliere [Re: johnnyboysala] #696803
02/15/13 07:43 AM
02/15/13 07:43 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: johnnyboysala
Could Patsy Conte be acting consig while Jojo and Bobby are out of the game? as Gamms said, a consig in jail isnt much use. Patsy's been around a long time, would have seen enough to advise on most situations. plus i read somewhere it was him that recommended Dom for induction so relations with the boss could still be good. Plus he was born in Palermo, so the Sicilian thing stands up. Just an idea

We haven´t heard anything from Patsy in a long time. At one time, I thought he had passed away but can´t find anything on that either. He seems to have...well, vanished.

It looks like Dom came up under Conte and later took over his crew. And yes, Patsy was born in Sicily, came over as as a 10 year old, I believe. His father, Nino was a powerful member under Anastasia. Nino may have served as underboss to him twice!

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 02/15/13 08:19 AM.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull