GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, U talkin' da me ??), 80 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,657
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,184
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,898
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #682829
12/12/12 06:49 AM
12/12/12 06:49 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Governor Snyder ran as a conservative leaning technocrat, not a hard right ideologue. He had previously said that the issue was divisive and that he had no plans to sign a "right to work" bill.

This bill can't be repealed thru referendum because the Republicans were smart enough to attach an appropriations to it. Our constitution does not allow appropriations bills to be repealed via referendum. The only way to change this is to get rid of Snyder and a rather sizable number of Republicans in the 2014 election. But The North Remembers and I think people will be angry enough to do just that.

Ironically the proximate cause for all this may not have been anything in Michigan at all. Wisconsin Governor's Scott Walker's successful trimming of collective bargaining rights in Wisconsin worried Michigan union people so much so that they tried to amend the Constitution to place collective bargaining in it and not just take Snyder's word that he wouldn't do what Walker did.

Well Proposal 2 failed. So this right to work legislation, is by Snyder's own words something of a payback. Snyder evidently felt personally betrayed. And Republicans were emboldened by the failure of Prop 2.

BTW Scott Walker doesn't support right to work legislation...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Government & Politics [Re: Lilo] #682836
12/12/12 08:52 AM
12/12/12 08:52 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
And to add to Lilo's comments, don't forget Unions are one of the biggest groups that basically supports Demos. IF the Republicans can succeed in eliminating them, at least financially, the Dems lose their financial support. That's their bottom line.

I believe Synder did this so quickly (and sneakily) NOW because he, like all the Republicans, seemed so shocked that they lost the election, that this is a panic payback.

Btw Lilo, does this law apply to ALL unions (nurses, police, etc) or just the auto workers? I assume it's all of them.

smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/12/12 09:04 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Government & Politics [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #682838
12/12/12 09:12 AM
12/12/12 09:12 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Btw Lilo, does this law apply to ALL unions (nurses, police, etc) or just the auto workers? I assume it's all of them.

smile

TIS

TIS, the only unions exempted were first responders (police, fire and emergency personnel). Everyone else is impacted.
Coincidentally the exempted unions tend to be more conservative than the teacher's and auto unions. Hmmmmmmmmmm. rolleyes

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #682889
12/12/12 03:25 PM
12/12/12 03:25 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Wow, that was rather thorough explanation of Unions, and Organized Labor does sounds pretty great principally, ideally anyone would like to join a Union if possible.

The problem is that while the philosophical debate on this will continue, people who can do a job cheaper and better will simply always put others out of work. Blacks who were willing to accept a lower wage have been putting white Southerners out of work since the days of sharecropping. Hispanics in the Southwest are virtually the only people you'll ever see at urban construction sites.

Businesses (and populations) from the North have been flocking to the South and West since the 1950's (at the advent of the air conditioner) and before, for its lower taxes, less regulation, cheaper work supply, etc. Northern industries have to find a way to keep up.

These Mid West states have historically been somewhat isolated in terms of demographics, especially compared to the South, where major Unions are virtually implausible given the size and diversity of the population.

Re: Government & Politics [Re: Lilo] #682924
12/12/12 05:32 PM
12/12/12 05:32 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

smile

TIS

TIS, the only unions exempted were first responders (police, fire and emergency personnel). Everyone else is impacted.
Coincidentally the exempted unions tend to be more conservative than the teacher's and auto unions. Hmmmmmmmmmm. rolleyes

This was exactly the case in Wisconsin a few years ago, and reveals the true intent of the law. Out of one side of the mouth they argue that unions are bad, ruin professions, slow economic progress, but somehow unions for police, prison guards and fire personnel are good.

Re: Government & Politics [Re: klydon1] #682927
12/12/12 06:08 PM
12/12/12 06:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: klydon1
but somehow unions for police, prison guards and fire personnel are good.

Yeah, because cops fireman and prison guards vote Republican. And prison guards shouldn't get a vote. They're far too stupid whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Government & Politics [Re: Frank_Nitti] #682939
12/12/12 07:48 PM
12/12/12 07:48 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Wow, that was rather thorough explanation of Unions, and Organized Labor does sounds pretty great principally, ideally anyone would like to join a Union if possible.

The problem is that while the philosophical debate on this will continue, people who can do a job cheaper and better will simply always put others out of work. Blacks who were willing to accept a lower wage have been putting white Southerners out of work since the days of sharecropping. Hispanics in the Southwest are virtually the only people you'll ever see at urban construction sites.

Businesses (and populations) from the North have been flocking to the South and West since the 1950's (at the advent of the air conditioner) and before, for its lower taxes, less regulation, cheaper work supply, etc. Northern industries have to find a way to keep up.

These Mid West states have historically been somewhat isolated in terms of demographics, especially compared to the South, where major Unions are virtually implausible given the size and diversity of the population.

Ehhh, prior to 1865 most Black Americans had zero control over their labor and didn't work for wages. But even before the end of slavery and in the five to six decades following its end you can find tons of black leaders and intellectuals inveighing bitterly against the importation of cheap White and Asian immigrant labor that was crowding out black workers. WEB DuBois had quite a lot to say about this in the 1920s.

I do agree that the ultimate issue is that capital wants cheap powerless labor period. At first that's slavery; later it's immigrants. The faces change and the legal structures improve but the demand is the same.

The reason imo that unions never took off in the South was that the South had a particular history of violence and racism that made interracial unions very unlikely if not down right illegal. Even when white workers formed unions, racism meant that they excluded blacks, who could then be used as reserve labor by white captialists. A love of cheap labor, greater agrarian nature and legal (and extra legal) restrictions made organizing in the South very difficult, not that organizing in the North was any bed of roses.

The way I see it there are two competing polarities of thought. One states that the free market will create the best results for the most people with minimal interference. The other states that the free market has limits.

Obviously I'm closer to the second than the first. I don't think that unions are perfect or make sense in every situation. But a) unions b) torts and c) government regulation are three important bulwarks to the safety, health and welfare of American workers and citizens. From my perspective, it seems like Republicans in general and conservatives in particular are extremely opposed to all three. I don't think that's good for most people.

Winter is Coming

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #682999
12/12/12 11:39 PM
12/12/12 11:39 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
AP: Illegal Immigrant/registered sex offender Interning For Sen. Menendez Arrested

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-arre...s-172b-november

Re: Government & Politics [Re: Frank_Nitti] #683009
12/12/12 11:47 PM
12/12/12 11:47 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Protests in Michigan: 'Americans for Prosperity' group trapped inside tent as it is torn down by violent union mob in right-to-work protests today.

Was that the tape Fox News showed?

Just asking.

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #683010
12/12/12 11:49 PM
12/12/12 11:49 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
A master of reading the tea leaves. This interestingly (conveniently?) comes out after both Washington and Colorado legalized pot, and the Obama administration reportedly possibly going to crack down on those states.

Bill Clinton: War on Drugs “Hasn’t Worked”

http://gawker.com/5966825/bill-clinton-says-war-against-drugs-hasnt-worked

Another ex-POTUS weighs in:

Jimmy Carter: ‘I’m In Favor Of’ Decriminalizing Marijuana

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/jimmy-carter-im-in-favor-of-decriminalizing-marijuana

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #683028
12/13/12 02:47 AM
12/13/12 02:47 AM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Seems losing ones head was trending today

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO.
Video: Syrian Rebels Make Child Behead Prisoner

The clip shows a child hacking away at the head of a bound prisoner with a machete. The video then cuts to militants displaying the man’s severed head while chanting “Allahu Akbar”. Other beheaded prisoners can also be seen in the footage.

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #683851
12/17/12 01:26 PM
12/17/12 01:26 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Haley to appoint Scott to fill S.C. Senate seat

By NBC's Luke Russert and Frank Thorp

Updated 11:23 a.m. - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) will appoint U.S. Rep. Tim Scott (R) to fill Jim DeMint's Senate seat, multiple Republican sources have confirmed to NBC News.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #684013
12/17/12 09:39 PM
12/17/12 09:39 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld

Re: Government & Politics [Re: Frank_Nitti] #684019
12/17/12 09:48 PM
12/17/12 09:48 PM
California

California

I heard about it this afternoon and am really worried about it. frown I love Richard Engel. He is one brave "on the scene" reporter.

I know in his line of work, he/we must realize he takes chances and something like this is always possible, but still I hope he's ok. I remember him reporting from the battlefield somewhere in the Middle East (can't remember exactly where)a year or two ago. There was gunfire right by him, as he's ducking & reporting. uhwhat

Thing is, I've only seen very short stories that he's missing and nothing else. I haven't even seen it reported on tv which surprises me. Even on MSNBC where he reports from time to time, they haven't said a word. Anyway, if anyone hears anything, please post. I pray he's ok.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #684027
12/17/12 10:47 PM
12/17/12 10:47 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Senate Pro Tempore Daniel Inouye (D-HI) has died of respiratory ailments. He was 88, been representing Hawaii for 50 years short a month. Previously he was that state's first Congressman as the at-large district.

Two hours after the announcement of his passing, the Senate voted Patrick Leahy (D-VT) as the the new SPT as the now longest serving member of the Senate majority party. And now of course 4th in the Presidential succession line.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/17/12 10:49 PM.
Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #684112
12/18/12 06:32 AM
12/18/12 06:32 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
From a UK perspective, the Lib Dems have been replaced as the third biggest party here by the UKIP. I hope Clegg and his moronic cronies are enjoying their 15 minutes of fame as Tory stooges because come the next election they will be lucky to get a single seat. It could be the biggest political cull ever seen in this country.

Good riddance to the middle of the road, namby pamby, smarmy bullshitters as well i say mad

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Government & Politics [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #684137
12/18/12 11:27 AM
12/18/12 11:27 AM
California

California
I am happy to hear that Foreign correspondent report, Richard Engel IS safe. smile

Evidently, they were not physically tortured but their captors did use psychological torture.

Engel said that they were traveling with Syrian rebels when a group of about 15 gunmen “jumped out of the trees and bushes” and captured them.

Full story:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/...s-in-syria?lite

TIS

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #684768
12/21/12 12:03 PM
12/21/12 12:03 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

Re: Government & Politics [Re: Camarel] #684965
12/22/12 02:02 PM
12/22/12 02:02 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Camarel

Pipe, meet dream.

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #684972
12/22/12 02:24 PM
12/22/12 02:24 PM
California

California
Also rumor that actress Ashley Judd will go for Mitch McConnell's senate seat.

smile

TIS

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #684973
12/22/12 02:26 PM
12/22/12 02:26 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
If she wins it would be worth watching CSPAN!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Government & Politics [Re: EastHarlemItal] #684982
12/22/12 02:56 PM
12/22/12 02:56 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal

LOL CSPAN is far from exciting tv, BUT it does usually give live (tho be it boring), accurate political goings-on without leaning either way IMHO. smile

TIS

Re: Government & Politics [Re: EastHarlemItal] #685069
12/23/12 12:51 AM
12/23/12 12:51 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Will you use lube instead of a remote?

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #685085
12/23/12 08:04 AM
12/23/12 08:04 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Ronnie your a complete cry baby! Anytime you disagree with someone you attack them! That's a sign of weakness my friend. You sound like a real jerkoff with your responses.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Government & Politics [Re: EastHarlemItal] #685107
12/23/12 02:05 PM
12/23/12 02:05 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Ronnie your a complete cry baby! Anytime you disagree with someone you attack them! That's a sign of weakness my friend. You sound like a real jerkoff with your responses.

"Complete"? You mean there are incomplete cry babies? Like they only cry out of one eye/tear duct?

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #685115
12/23/12 02:27 PM
12/23/12 02:27 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Like I said your a Jerkoff!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Government & Politics [Re: EastHarlemItal] #685118
12/23/12 02:47 PM
12/23/12 02:47 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Ignore him if he bothers you that much but stop the name calling.

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #685119
12/23/12 02:49 PM
12/23/12 02:49 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
10-4

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #685199
12/23/12 11:25 PM
12/23/12 11:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Don't drink and vote.

Idaho Senator busted for DUI

Quote:
Idaho Senator Mike Crapo was arrested Sunday morning in Virginia for driving under the influence of alcohol, CBS News reports.

Crapo, who was one of a handful of Republicans to work with Democrats to resolve the "fiscal cliff," reportedly ran a red light in Alexandria, then "underwent several field sobriety tests, which he failed."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/senator-mike-crapo-arrested-for-drunk-driving

Re: Government & Politics [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #685371
12/25/12 02:43 PM
12/25/12 02:43 PM
California

California
Seriously, Senator "Crapo?" Holy Crapo lol What a heck of a name to get suck with.

TIS

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull