GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TheKillingJoke, furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 356 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,320
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 58 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 57 58
Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Sicilian Babe] #678976
11/25/12 01:38 PM
11/25/12 01:38 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I've only watched the current one because my daughter's boyfriend has been so good about filling me in on all the background.

He's trying to score some points and get on your good side.

Tonight's episode is the second to last one with December 2nd being the last one before the hiatus.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Dapper_Don] #678977
11/25/12 01:44 PM
11/25/12 01:44 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I hate hiatus when it's one of my favorite shows. mad Seems like it just came back and now it's gone again. DD when does it return again? I forgot? I hope January sometime. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #678980
11/25/12 02:01 PM
11/25/12 02:01 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I think it will be towards the end of February TIS..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #678982
11/25/12 02:02 PM
11/25/12 02:02 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Not too sure when it will return probably February or March , hopefully another show like Mad Men comes back on to tide me over.

I read that The Walking Dead producers either tonight or in the next episode will be introducing a key character from the comics into the show. The person who plays this character appeared in an acclaimed HBO series.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #678983
11/25/12 02:06 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I think it will be towards the end of February TIS..
according to thier website, february which isn't that bad. could be worse, like what seems like a year like with breaking bad.

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 11/25/12 02:11 PM.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Dapper_Don] #678984
California

California
Oh yeah? I know nothing about the comic book, so for me, it's all new. Do you have any idea who it may be DD? confused

"Appeared in an acclaimed HBO series"....Hmmm Tony Soprano meets the Walking Dead?" Now, that would be an interesting twist no? lol I wonder who it might be?

TIS

Btw, I watch (and like) Mad Men too and that would hold me over BUT thus far, I must say WD even tops Boardwalk Empire so far this year IMHO. smile

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/25/12 02:17 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #678986
11/25/12 02:17 PM
11/25/12 02:17 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
I know exactly who it is and what character they will play but I wont spoil it for you. I have read about the comic book plot on Wikipedia, which I will suggest against since it might contain tons of future spoilers but the plot is great filled with twists and turns.

I completely agree about WD, this year the show really won me over. BE is good but not at the level of great consistent episodes like WD.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Five_Felonies] #678989
11/25/12 02:24 PM
11/25/12 02:24 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i think i've said it here or maybe somewhere else, but conflict between daryl and mearle is unavoidable at this point. my bet is daryl chooses the group, and is forced to kill his brother to protect them.

True, this is confrontation just waiting to happen and I can't wait. grin I can't imagine Darryl siding with his brother on anything.

Remember (last season I think) when Darryl was stranded by the creek/river, unconscious(and walkers around.) It was then Darryl was imagining hearing his brother's voice, putting him down and trashing him, that gave him the inspiration to survive. Yet, gotta say, a character like Merle sure adds to the plot. I just don't expect him to last thru this season.

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Dapper_Don] #678991
11/25/12 02:26 PM
11/25/12 02:26 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
I know exactly who it is and what character they will play but I wont spoil it for you. I have read about the comic book plot on Wikipedia, which I will suggest against since it might contain tons of future spoilers but the plot is great filled with twists and turns.

I completely agree about WD, this year the show really won me over. BE is good but not at the level of great consistent episodes like WD.

You do? Well thanks for NOT spoiling it for me. I appreciate it. As much as it's fun to talk about, and as curious as I am, I STILL prefer to wait. That's more fun. smile

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #679007
11/25/12 02:58 PM
11/25/12 02:58 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
one thing i've been meaning to mention, it would be really cool if rick met back up with that black guy and his son from episode 1. while this season has been full of action, it seems to have a much different feel than the first 2 seasons. i haven't read the comics because i don't want to spoil anything, but i hope the show doesn't get too weird. while michonne is an interesting character, i hope she doesn't get any more mysterious as she is starting to remind me more of some dumb superhero than a real person. i guess what i'm trying to say is that i hope the show doesn't stray too far from its roots and start to go in a more fantasy/less practical direction that it seems to maybe be heading! with that said, its still tied with SOA as my favorite show, although SAMCRO has really been amazing this season!

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Five_Felonies] #679011
11/25/12 03:11 PM
11/25/12 03:11 PM
California

California
FF,

I hear you, and many times these kinds of shows DO go in that direction and get a little far-fetched (ok, zombies in themselves I guess are far-fetched but they ARE the series.) lol I agree too with you about Michonne and hope to see more of a personality coming from her.

I forgot about the black guy & son that Rick met up with first season til you just mentioned it. I wouldn't rule out that they show up again. We know Rick would welcome them to his group.

FWIW, I still miss Shane. He added a certain "edge" to the story if you know what I mean. We KNOW he won't come back though.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/25/12 03:12 PM.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #679027
11/25/12 03:45 PM
11/25/12 03:45 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
FWIW, I still miss Shane. He added a certain "edge" to the story if you know what I mean. We KNOW he won't come back though.
i was happy when he got his, but now i also miss him, although not as much as i miss dale. when dale died it kinda became the tipping point in my view by removing human logic/compassion, and shifting towards the kill or be killed attitude that rick seems to have fell in line with. what i hope the producers do to do justice to some of the great characters that we lost is do some sort of a prequel/flashback in the next half of the season, kinda like how they showed shane, lorrie, and carl on the freeway, when they met carrol. for example, show what dale was doing when shtf, and how he came to meet up with the group. that would be great for us hardcore fans, and it would also give dale an extra payday as it has got to suck for financial reasons getting killed off early on such a highly rated show.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Five_Felonies] #679123
11/26/12 01:39 AM
11/26/12 01:39 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I hope the walkers gets the Governor. He is such a sleezeball. More thoughts later.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Mignon] #679177
11/26/12 11:32 AM
11/26/12 11:32 AM
California

California
SPOILERS FROM 11/25 episode

I thought it was a really good show last night. A few toughts:

I figured Mishonne would be admitted to the group. The fact that she actually said "thank you" for medical treatment was more dialog than usual. lol Showed a softer side maybe?

I'm glad Rick and some of the group are going to rescue Maggie & Glen AND that Mishonne filled them in on The Governor's group. Poor Glen getting the sh*t beaten out of him. frown

Speaking of the governor...what an F-ing POS that a-hole is. As if Maggie wasn't tortured enough by the lowlife scumball, Merle, she has to deal with this "Jim Jones" type psycho? mad I hope he gets chewed up and spit out by the walkers.
Andrea will kick herself in the ass once she realizes what a slime Governor is.

On a minor note, I'm glad that Rick let Carl pick out the baby's name. I may have chosen a name of one of the group who were killed but Judith is a nice name too. smile

Good episode...pissed me off, but a good episode. tongue

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #679190
11/26/12 12:21 PM
11/26/12 12:21 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I wasn't sure if Rick would help her or not TIS. Didn't Carl start shooting first?

What is Milton gonna do now since his experiment didn't work out the way he wanted it to? He was Lucky Andrea was there to save him.

I hope more than one walker gets to that douche bag Governor like they all went after that guy in that cabin.

I can't believe there is one more epi then we have to wait till whenever it comes back on.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Mignon] #679203
11/26/12 01:55 PM
11/26/12 01:55 PM
California

California
SPOILER

I am watching now "Talking Dead." The host asked if Merle was justified throwing in a walker with Glen handcuffed to chair. One of the guests on the programs said "yes." uhwhat

They also discussed how this is Glen becoming a man and the possibility of him being a "leader." Oh, and I wasn't the only one outraged by the Governor's attack on Maggie.

TIS

Btw, the scientist guy doing that experiment on the Walker that Andrea killed. Was the patient anybody we know?

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/26/12 01:58 PM.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #679210
11/26/12 02:18 PM
11/26/12 02:18 PM
California

California
Sorry for so many posts after one another but I'm watching Talking Dead and want to post before I forget my thought. wink

They brought up a good point regarding The Governor's community. Andrea went to stand guard with the girl that was suppose to be a good shot, BUT Andrea ended up helping her. Could be indication of this community's shortcomings giving Rick and his crew an edge.

Also, the TD group seemed to think there would be a confrontation between Darryl & Merle (which I am sure we all agree) AND the Darryl would be in he position of choosing between his brother and Rick's group, causing him to kill his brother. Sounds likely. I can't imagine Rick siding with his asshole brother. Yet, blood's thicker??????

Btw, added preview from TD. A hooded girl enters the room where Mishonne is held. The preview ends with Mishonne pulling her hood off but NOT showing who it is? A walker??? mad

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #679257
11/26/12 05:47 PM
11/26/12 05:47 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
TIS, I bet it is the Governor's daughter who michonne finds in that cage.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Mignon] #679260
11/26/12 05:55 PM
11/26/12 05:55 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Mignon

I didn't think about that. I'm not sure where Mishonne was, but assuming she was captured by the Governor or his people, it COULD be. confused

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #679271
11/26/12 06:38 PM
11/26/12 06:38 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Another good episode, it's all coming together for Merle and Daryl to do battle in someway, but surely Daryl will choose the group, but like the Gov said "blood is blood".

I think whatever happens the group will come out on top, surely as they are the main focus of the show. Pisses me off that Andrea is so loved up already she is bind to what the Gov is really like and she can't see it..

Next weeks episode will be epic i think and i can't wit..

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #679272
11/26/12 06:39 PM
11/26/12 06:39 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

With regards to the man and his son from the very first episode, i don't think we will see them again.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #679301
11/26/12 08:26 PM
11/26/12 08:26 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Mignon

Yea thats her

With regards to the man and his son from the very first episode, i don't think we will see them again.

We could, they show up again in the comics... but I wouldn't expect to see them anytime soon.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #679376
11/27/12 03:47 AM
11/27/12 03:47 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

But this is not the comics. wink

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #679512
11/27/12 08:23 PM
11/27/12 08:23 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
But this is not the comics. wink

True, just saying.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Dapper_Don] #679519
11/27/12 08:26 PM
11/27/12 08:26 PM
California

California
As you know I wasn't even aware of this being a comic. For those who know the comic series (and without giving anything away just in case), is the series closely following the comics or not so much? And which is better so far?

smile

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #679525
11/27/12 08:55 PM
11/27/12 08:55 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
As you know I wasn't even aware of this being a comic. For those who know the comic series (and without giving anything away just in case), is the series closely following the comics or not so much? And which is better so far?

smile

TIS

I dont read the comics either,just the wikipedia entry about the comics (warning: dont read it since it has potential spoilers). The show follows the comics at least half the time with a number of key differences (new characters, characters dying off earlier than comic, etc)

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #679581
11/28/12 04:18 AM
11/28/12 04:18 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

No spoilers please, not all of us read the comics.. wink

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #679586
11/28/12 05:16 AM
11/28/12 05:16 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I never read the comic's either.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Mignon] #680393
12/02/12 07:49 PM
12/02/12 07:49 PM
California

California
Mid Season finale tonight!! Looking forward to it.

smile

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #680395
12/02/12 07:51 PM
12/02/12 07:51 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
same here!

Page 10 of 58 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 57 58

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull